Sometimes, the future is unclear.

The Newbie and Pregnant

Chanji walks into school with a big yawn. Thank God it’s Friday. He thought to himself as he headed for his locker.

As Chanji was digging through his locker for his notes taken on Shakespeare's story of Romeo and Juliet, he felt someone place their arm over his shoulder.

“So, when you due?”

Chanji rolled his eyes, “ What are you talking about, Hyunjun?”

“Well, it’s been about four months since Jisu’s been gone from this school. She was already a month into her pregnancy at the end of last school year.” Hyunjun tapped his chin as he thought for a second, “If I remember right, she was about five months when she started that new school in the fall.”

“My gosh, have you been keeping count or something? I mean, I knew she was getting pretty close toward her due date, but I didn’t know what month she was in.” Chanji stated.

Hyunjun chuckled, “ Well, she is half the reason myself and the others befriended you in the first place. I mean, sleeping with miss goody goody, class president Jisu? I still can’t believe it.” Hyunjun patted Chanji on the back.

Chanji scoffed, “Well, I think her growing stomach is proof enough to say that I didn’t lie about it.”

Hyunjun nodded in response, “ So, are you going to be there when she delivers?”

Chanji froze in thought for a second before closing his locker and answering Hyunjun’s sudden question, “I don’t know. I don’t think Jisu would want me there, though.”

Chanji began to walk down the hall and Hyunjun followed, “Do you blame her?”

“No, not really; but...” Chanji was lost for words.

“But..., what?” Hyunjun questioned.

Chanji shook himself from his thoughts, “Nothing, man. Let’s get to class.”

Hyunjun rolled his eyes, “Whatever you say, daddy.”

Chanji punched Hyunjun in the arm, “Shut up, Hyunjun.”

Hyunjun laughed as they entered into class and took their seats.

Chanji stared out the window of the classroom. Would Jisu want me there?

“Ok class, pass your homework from last night up to the front of the room.” The English teacher entered class interrupting Chanji from his thoughts.  Crap, I forgot to do my homework.



 

Nana arrived to school early and in a happy mood today, but when isn’t she in a happy mood?

She entered the school and saw Myungsoo and Woohyun talking by the water fountain.

“Happy Friday, guys!” Nana said as she hopped by Myungsoo.

Myungsoo jumped a little shocked by his overly-cheerful girlfriend.

“Well, someones in a rather cheerful mood today.” He pointed out.

“Duh! It’s Friday! And you know what that means, right?” Nana questioned both boys.

Myungsoo looked at Woohyun who just shrugged his shoulders.

Nana’s shoulders deflated and she heaved a heavy sigh, “You two are clueless.”

“Well, now that you have stated the obvious.” Woohyun began. “What are you so happy about?”

Nana’s smile returned to her face, “Since it’s Friday we have time to go visit Jisu today!”

“Ah, should we, though? Is she still in a lot of pain?” Myungsoo questioned.

“Probably, but I think she would enjoy our company.” Woohyun said cheerfully.

Nana nodded her head, “Then it’s settled! After school we’ll go visit Jisu!”

Woohyun chuckled, “Alright,then. I’ll meet you guys at the front of the building at finale bell.”

“Alright. See you guys later, then! I’ve got to get to class!” Nana said as she waved farewell to the boys.

Both boys returned her farewell, and waited until she was out of sight.

“Well, we better get to class too.” Myungsoo pointed out.

“Yeah, I haven’t been late once this week and I’d like to keep it that way.” Woohyun said as he began walking down the hall. Myungsoo chuckled and followed along.



 

I woke up today to the most painful feelings in my stomach yet! As I held my stomach I felt tears building up in my eyes. It was weird, though, today my stomach wasn’t the only thing that hurt. I felt like every bone in my body was slowly and painfully being crushed. After a few moments the pain began to ease-up.

“Jisu, are you awake?” Aunt Giyeon  said as she entered my room.

“Yes, unfortunately.” I stated while holding my stomach.

“Are you ok, Jisu?” Giyeon walked toward me and placed her hand on my forehead. “My gosh, you’re burning up! You can see the sweat dripping down your forehead!” Giyeon said in a panic.

“Yeah, the pain is extra bad today; and the weird thing is that I can feel it everywhere.”

“Jisu, has your water broken yet?”

“No, I don’t know what’s happening, Aunt Giyeon.” Tears began to fall down my eyes.

“Ok, well maybe we should go to the doctor, sweetie.”

“It’s ok. I’m ok, really. I think I just need to rest.” I protested.

Giyeon didn’t try to change my mind, but you could see that she was worried.

“Ok, dear. Would you like me to get you something for breakfast?”

“Can I just have some cereal? I don’t know if I can eat too much.”

Giyeon gave me a weary smile, “Sure, sweetie. I’ll be right back.”

I smiled back at her to reassure her that I was alright, and Aunt Giyeon exited my room.

Lord, please help me. I thought to myself before I felt the pain rush back through my body.

I took a deep breath and bared the pain. Help me.


 

It was almost lunch time, and Chanji began to pack his stuff up. The bell rang for lunch, and Chanji stood up from his seat. He began to head toward the door when Hyunjun yelled for him to wait for him.

Chanji stood by the door as he waited for Hyunjun.

“So, what are you going to do, man?” Hyunjun questioned Chanji as they began to walk toward the cafeteria.

Chanji furrowed his eyebrows, “About what?”

“About Jisu. Are you going to talk to her about you being there when the baby’s born?”

Chanji sighed. “Should I?”

“Listen, Chanji; I know none of us really cared for Jisu, but if it were me in your position I’d want to know. To be honest, I’d even want to be there when the baby was born.” Hyunjun revealed.

Chanji’s eyes widened in shock and he looked at Hyunjun.

Hyunjun smiled, “What? Surprised that a guy like me would be there for the birth of my child?”

“Well, a little. You and the others don’t seem like the type to-”

“To be a dad, and be supportive?” Hyunjun interrupted Chanji.

Chanji nodded.

“Well, looks can be deceiving, my friend.” Hyunjun looked at Chanji before continuing, “So, are you going to go over there and ask?”

“I probably should, but I still don’t think she would want me there.”

“It’s worth a shot, and if not at least she can’t say you didn’t ask her.” Hyunjun said reassuringly.

“That’s true. I’ll go over there after school today.”

“Want me to tag along?”

“Thanks, but no. I think I should go by myself.”

“Don’t say I didn’t ask.” Hyunjun said with a laugh.

“Shut up and let’s eat.” Chanji chuckled before grabbing his lunch tray.



 

It was now lunch time, and the pains I had been experiencing wasn’t getting any better. I tried to sit myself up, but a pain shot through my back, and I felt something that felt wet and sticky on my leg. I gasped in shock, and tears started to roll down my eyes.

“AUNT GIYEON!” I yelled.

I heard Aunt Giyeon’s footsteps running up the steps.

“Jisu, what’s wrong?” Giyeon rushed through my bedroom to be by my side.

“I don’t know I felt a large pain go up my back, then I began to feel something wet and sticky on my leg.” I explained.

“Well, let’s get you up to see.” Giyeon said as she helped me up from my bed.

Both our eyes widened in shock.

My heart started beating faster, and I felt like I was going to faint.

“Jisu, let’s get to the hospital.”

I nodded and Aunt Giyeon started dialing on her cell phone.

“Who are you calling?” I asked.

“Your father.”

Tears began to fall down my face as I looked at my bed.

It’s not supposed to look like that. It’s supposed to be clear.

I felt my head getting lighter, and I began to become unstable, and I sat back down on my bed.

The last thing I heard was aunt Giyeon tell my father to meet us at the hospital before I out.

Lord, help me.  





 


 

Wow! Everyone's wanting to visit Jisu, but what happens when plans don't work out as expected?

Sometimes, the future is unclear. 

What do you guys think is going to happen?

I'll leave it up to your imaginations. 

Please, leave me a comment on what you think!

I think I said this is the last authors note, but there isn't much left of this story.

I hope you guys have enjoyed it so far. 

Please anticipate the next update! 

-Miranda♥