Mystery Kicks

The Newbie and Pregnant

Nana and I arrive to the mall and stepped into a store with the name ‘Babies R Us’.
Nana and I first head over to the clothing section to grab a few packs of plain onesies that would work for either gender.
“Jisu, let’s walk around the store and see if we can find anything else you will need.” Nana suggested.
“Alright, sounds good to me. I need everything.” I said chuckling.
Nana led me to the section where all of the strollers were located.
“Lets look for one that would be cute for a boy or girl!” Nana said, looking at the strollers with amusement.
I nodded and we looked around at some of the strollers.

After looking at the strollers for almost ten minutes, we finally decided to with a 4-wheeled, beige and green stroller with zoo animals printed on it.
“Aw~ It is so cute~” Nana cooed.
I laughed at her and then we walked over to a desk to look through some catalogs to choose a nursery set. Once we found the one we wanted, we ordered it and paid for it.
The employee said that the set would be delivered within the next few weeks, and I gave him my cell phone number to call me when it was going to be delivered. We both nodded and turned around walking away from the desk.
“Jisu, can we look at toys now, please~” Nana pleaded while puckering out her lips.
“Alright, we can go look at toys now.” I said in a quiet voice.
“Lets go~” Nana sang.

While we were in the store Nana convinced me to buy; a bouncer, walker, playmat, crib toys, stroller and car seat toys; plush toys, and musical toys. I couldn’t believe she had convinced me to buy all of these things today. Well at least I won’t have as much to get when it is time for the baby to come.
“Aigoo, we only came to get a few onesies! Look at all of this stuff!” Nana said waving her hands above the carts.
We exited the store and pushed the ‘carts’ full of baby stuff to my car.

*Infinite’s POV*
“Hyung, let's go to the mall today!” exclaimed Sungjong.
“I’m ok with it as long as everyone else agrees.” Sunggyu said looking over toward where the other boys were sitting.
The boys looked at eachother, then nodded their heads in reply to Sunggyu.
“Alright, let’s go to the mall.” Sunggyu said as he got up from his seat.

When we arrived at the mall I saw Jisu and Nana putting a bunch of stuff into a car. Looks like they could use help.
I got out of the car and walked toward them, and the rest of Infinite followed me, confused about where I was going; since the mall entrance was in the other direction.
 


I heard a masculine voice say “ Here, let me help you with that.” and before I knew it the box I had in my hands were gone.
I looked over to see Woohyun smiling at me, and then I saw one of his friends go over to help Nana.
“Thanks Myungsoo.” I heard Nana say. Ah, so Myungsoo is his name. Why does Nana look flustered all of a sudden? I shook the thought off and looked back at Woohyun.
“This really isn’t necessary, Woohyun.” I said thinking about what Uee may do or say if she found out.
“It’s no big deal, Jisu. You shouldn’t be carrying heavy things right now.” Woohyun said winking at me.
I felt my cheeks get warm, and looked away from Woohyun.  
“What’s all this stuff for anyways?” asked Myungsoo.
“These things are all for Jisu’s baby.” Nana said smiling widely.
“Ahhh,” said Myungsoo.
“Hey guys, why don’t you come help too?” Asked Woohyun.
Everyone helped besides Sunggyu.
“Sunggyu hyung, why aren’t you being polite and helping?” asked Sungyeol.
“I don’t want to. I don’t want to be seen hanging around her.” Sunggyu scoffed.
Jisu looked down upset to hear Sunggyu say that, and wishing that Woohyun would have never came over here.
Woohyun noticed Jisu’s expression. “Hey, don’t worry about him, ok?” Woohyun said placing his hand on Jisu’s shoulder. “He is just in a bad mood because he got rejected last night.” All the boys laughed at what Woohyun had just revealed.
“What do you mean?” ask Jisu.
“It doesn’t matter what I mean. Just know he isn’t trying to be disrespectful toward you. He is just... sulking.” Woohyun said trying to reassure Jisu.
Jisu nodded, and put some more bags in her car.
When Jisu turned around to grab another bag, she ran into Sungyeol. “OH MY, Jisu! Are you ok? I didn’t hurt the baby right?” Sungyeol asked nervous.
Woohyun went to Jisu quickly not knowing why, but his feet just instantly went to her side.
Jisu’s hand instinctively went to her stomach to protect her child. Woohyun’s heart skipped a beat as he saw her motherly instinct. What just happened?  Woohyun questioned himself about the sudden feelings he was having. All of a sudden my stomach is churning.
“Ah, it’s ok, you didn’t bump into me very hard.” Jisu said trying to comfort a worried Sungyeol.
“Sungyeol try to be more careful.” ordered Woohyun.
Sungyeol nodded.
“Are you sure you’re alright, Jisu? Should we take you to the doctor?” Woohyun questioned.
Jisu laughed at all his questions. “If I weren’t fine I would have said so. I wouldn’t let anything bad happen to my baby.” Jisu said softly smiling.
Ah, don’t smile at me that way, I feel like I am going to be sick. Thought Woohyun as he smiled back in reply.
Oh Jisu... why is it that you are all I have been able to think about? What are these feelings? Is it possible that I have fallen for you? Thought Woohyun as he stared at you intently.



After we finished loading the car, Woohyun told the rest of the members to introduce themselves.
“Hello, Jisu! I am the maknae of Infinite, Lee Sungjong. It is a pleasure to meet you!” Sungjong said as he hugged Jisu from the side; not wanting to do any harm to her baby.
“Ah, it is nice to meet you too Sungjong.” Jisu said as she patted his shoulder uncomfortably.
“Hello, I am Infinite’s choding, Lee Sungyeol.” He said bowing slightly and Jisu bowed back in return.
“My name is Lee Howon, but you may call me Hoya.” Hoya said extending his hand out to shake Jisu’s hand, to which Jisu shook his hand back.
“Hi, I am Dongwoo. It is nice to meet you.” Dongwoo said bowing.
“I am Myungsoo, also known as L, but you can call me Myungsoo.” Myungsoo said with a his poker face.
“Ah, nice to meet you.” Jisu replied.
“As you already know, I am Kim Sunggyu.”
Jisu nodded.
“You already know who I am by now.” Woohyun laughed.
Jisu chuckled and said “Well, I would hope so.”
“Well, now that we are done helping you we will let you be on your way then.” Sunggyu said annoyed with their interactions.
“Ah, yeah. Thank you guys for your help. I really appreciate it.” Jisu said grateful for their help.
“Don’t worry about it.” Woohyun replied for them all.
The boys turned away and walked into the mall, waving bye as they did so.


Woohyun, why are you so nice to me? I can’t handle how you make me feel. What’s wrong with me? Jisu thought to herself.
“Come on, Jisu! Let’s go home so we can show Giyeon your new things!” Nana said while getting into the passenger’s seat of the car.
“Alright, Nana. Let’s go~” I said as i fastened my seatbelt and we drove out of the mall.

When we got back to my house, Giyeon was cooking dinner. We showed her all of the new things we had got, and she was surprised to see how much we had got.
“Wow, you girls really got a lot today!” Giyeon said shocked.
“Yeah, but since we got so much today Jisu won’t have to worry about getting much later.” Nana said smiling.
“Ah, you’ve got a good point Nana. Anyways, everything is so cute. Now all we have to do is wait for the little one to get here.” Giyeon said clasping her hands together.
The edge of my mouth curved up into a slight smile.
Even though I was happy, I was also scared. I’m afraid my parents won’t come when I am giving birth, I am afraid that Chanji will come, and most of all, I am afraid of giving birth itself.
After we had dinner, Nana said she needed to leave because she only asked her mom if she could stay for one night, and she didn’t want her to worry. Nana was so considerate of other people's feelings, she really is a caring person.
Nana and I hugged goodbye and told each other we would see each other at school on Monday. I watched Nana walk down the sidewalk until I couldn’t see her anymore.
I went back inside and told aunt Giyeon that I was going to go to sleep because I had a long day.
“Alright, dear. Sweet dreams.”
“Thanks, goodnight.” I said as I walked up the stairs.
When I reached my bedroom, I changed into pajamas, and laid on my bed.
When I closed my eyes, I suddenly saw him smiling.
Why would I see his face?
At that moment I felt the baby kick for the first time.
“Oh my gosh!” I placed my hand on my stomach. Why would the baby kick when I saw his face? Could the baby hear his voice as he spoke to me?
At that moment the baby kicked again. “AUNT GIYEON!” I yelled.
Giyeon ran up the stairs and entered my room.
“Jisu, what is it? Is everything ok?” Giyeon asked frantically.
“Everything is fine, but I felt the baby kick.” I said as a tear slid down my eye.
Giyeon covered and ran over to sit next to me.
“Well, isn’t this an exciting night?” asked Giyeon.
I laughed and nodded happily, tears still building up in my eyes.
“The baby must have heard us talking about his/her things” She said smiling.
“I guess so.” I said as I chuckled.
“May I feel, Jisu?” Giyeon asked hesitantly, and I nodded smiling softly.
After a few minutes of waiting, Giyeon took her hands off my stomach and said,”I guess the baby doesn’t like me.” She made pouty lips.
“Nonsense, you’re too likeable to not like, Giyeon. Just try talking to the baby.” I said smiling at Giyeon.
“Well, ok.” She said smiling. “Hello little one. This is your great aunt Giyeon.” She said smiling. She looked up at me, and I nodded for her to keep talking, and she looked back at my stomach.
“You know, your mommy and I are really excited for you to come. Your mommy loves you very much, you know that right?” I smiled as Giyeon said this.
This time, the baby did kick.
“Oh my gosh.” Giyeon said smiling up at me tears forming in her eyes. “I guess the baby loves you too, Jisu.” She said laughing trying to keep her tears from falling.
After, Giyeon stood up. “Well, I guess you should get some sleep. I love you Jisu, and I am so happy for you.”
I sniffed, tears about to fall from my eyes. “I love you too aunt Giyeon, and I am so thankful to have you as my aunt. I don’t know what I would have done without you.” I said as tears fell from my eyes.
Giyeon hugged me, “Well you don’t need to worry about that. I am here, and I would do anything for you.” She said as she kissed my forehead.
I nodded and she exited my room.
I laid down, trying to sleep again.
Why would the baby kick as I thought of him? Of all the people I could have thought of when the baby kicked... why him? Is it possible... no, it can’t be.
I rubbed my stomach, “Goodnight, baby.” I smiled, “Mommy loves you.”
I love you...