The Past is in the Past

The Newbie and Pregnant

*Uee’s POV*
Uee had told her friends to meet her early at the school to discuss some things. When she arrived at the school, they were all looking at her with tired eyes.
“Why did you want to meet so early?” Jung Ah whined. “It is six in the MORNING!”
“Oh, stop complaining.” Uee rolled her eyes. “I wanted to meet here early this morning so that we could discuss what we are going to do about Oh Jisu.”
“What do you mean? Why would we need to do anything about her?” Lizzy asked curiously.
“Because, she has been talking to Woohyun, again. I guess just telling her to back off  is not effective.  So, we are going to give her a warning.” Uee explained.
“But it doesn’t seem to me that she ever talks to Woohyun unless he approaches her. It’s kind of like how Woohyun doesn’t talk to you unless you approach him.” Gaeun pointed out.
Uee looked at her coldly, “Listen here, you’re new to our group so I will let that one slide. From now on, keep your opinions to yourself. Unless you want to end up like Nana.” Uee threatened and Gaeun nodded lowering her head. “Since you are the new girl, and you haven’t proven yourself to be worthy enough to hang out with us, you can perform the task.” Uee smirked and Gaeun looked up ready to protest, but Uee looked at her threateningly and Gaeun looked back down. “That’s what I thought.” Uee scoffed.
“What is your plan, anyways Uee?” Lizzy asked.
Uee smirked evilly, “Well, I was thinking, someone, or rather Gaeun, would stand on the roof of the school and wait for Jisu to approach near the school; then drop a flower pot, hitting her in the head, knocking her out. When she wakes, if she does at all, she will find a warning note.”
“We can’t hurt her like that, Uee. She is carrying a baby. The baby has done nothing to you or us. So, we won’t hurt her in any way that could harm the baby.” Jung Ah protested.
Uee rolled her eyes, “Fine, then we will hurt someone she cares about.”
“Like who?” Raina questioned.
Uee smiled deviously.
“Nana.”





I arrived to school early today because Nana wanted to meet before class to ask me about the math homework from last night. When I arrived to school Nana was already standing next to the door of the school leaning on the wall. As I approached her she waved to me happily and I waved back toward her. Nana started to walk down to me, but when I looked up I saw someone about to drop something from above her.
“NANA! MOVE!” I yelled, waving her to move and trying to move faster toward her. Darn these pregnant legs!
Nana stopped and looked at me curiously.
“NANA! MO-” I was about to yell at her to move again when someone bolted passed me almost knocking me over.
I felt someone grab my arm to help me steady myself.
“Are you ok?” Woohyun asked worriedly.
I nodded at him, and heard the crash of the pot that was dropped above Nana, and looked back toward her frantically.





“Are you ok?” Myungsoo asked as he lied over top of Nana.
Nana nodded unable to speak as she looked over at the pot, and taking deep breaths.
Myungsoo stood up to help her up.
“Let’s go to the nurs-” Myungsoo was cut off.
“NANA!” Jisu yelled as she got closer to her.
“Nana, are you ok?” Jisu asked nervously and checked Nana over for any cuts, or other markings.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” Nana said, finally being able to speak and looked back over to Myungsoo with burdensome eyes.
“I’m going to take her to the nurse.” Myungsoo said taking hold of Nana’s arm.
“No, I am fine Myungsoo. Really.” Nana said taking her arm out of his grasp. Myungsoo starred at Nana puzzled.
“Are you really ok?” Woohyun looked at Nana sincerely.
Nana nodded.
“Hey guys... there’s a note.” I said pointing toward the note.
Myungsoo picked the note up and read it to himself.
“Well, what’s it say L?” Woohyun asked.
“It says ‘If you really care about your friend, you will stay away from Woohyun.’ It is signed ‘A.S.’” Myungsoo said showing the note to us, confused.
A.S.?  Nana thought for a minute. It can’t be, not again.
“That has to be Uee and her friends.” Nana revealed.
“How do you know?” Woohyun questioned.
“When they used to leave me warning notes in my locker, they would signed it with that.” Nana explained.
Jisu was looking down. Nana wouldn’t have almost been hurt if she weren’t my friend. She could have been seriously hurt... because of me.
Just then, Sunggyu and the other guys came walking over.
“What’s going on?” Sunggyu asked with a cold expression on his face as he looked at Nana and Jisu, then at Woohyun and Myungsoo.
“Someone tried to hit Nana in the head with this flower pot.” Myungsoo explained.
“What does that have to do with you?” Sunggyu asked coldly.
Myungsoo looked away.
“Answer me, L” Sunggyu said sternly.
Myungsoo looked back at him. “Nothing, but I wasn’t going let her get hit!” Myungsoo answer back with a seriously look in his eyes.
Nana lowered her head.
“So, he protected you again?” Sunggyu said walking toward Nana, and gazing at her harshly.
“If it weren’t for him protecting you the last time something like this happened, L would still be able to-”
“DON’T!” Myungsoo yelled stepping in front of Nana, whose head was still facing the ground.
“That’s enough, Kim Sunggyu.” Myungsoo looked Sunggyu straight in the eyes.
Sunggyu stared at him seriously, but Myungsoo didn’t back down.
Sunggyu turned and walked away.
Myungsoo returned to Nana who had started crying.
“Nana...” I said taking a step toward her, but Woohyun grabbed my hand and shook his head.
Myungsoo turned to Nana.
“Don’t cry. Do you hear me, Im Nana?” Myungsoo said sternly. “It’s not your fault.”
What’s not her fault? What was Sunggyu talking about?
You looked at Woohyun trying to get answers, but he was just staring at Myungsoo.
“It is my fault though! It’s my fault that you can’t-”
“Stop it. That’s enough.” Myungsoo said looking away from Nana, and walking away.
“Come on.” Woohyun said motioning you, Nana, and the other boys to go into the school.
You all did as he said. What just happened?




When we walked into the school Myungsoo was walking over to Uee and her friends hastily, and Woohyun went to join him.
“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!” Myungsoo pushed pass Uee’s friends and stopped right in front of Uee.
“ARE YOU A FREAKING IDIOT! YOU COULD HAVE SERIOUSLY INJURED HER!” He yelled.
Uee’s eyes were big.
“Myung-”
“Shut up, why did you try to hurt Nana?” Myungsoo questioned her.
“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Uee said trying to look innocent.
“Don’t play stupid Uee. On the note you left, if was signed ‘A.S.’ the same thing was signed on all of the warning notes you used to leave in Nana’s locker.” Myungsoo said sternly.
Uee looked at him in surprise.
“Yeah, and who are you to tell anyone they can’t speak to me?” Joined Woohyun. “If I want to talk to Jisu, or if she wants to talk to me, that is none of your business and has nothing to do with you.”
Uee looked at the ground.
“Actually Uee, if anyone shouldn’t talk to me, it should be you! So, do me a favor and don’t ever approach me again.” Woohyun said emphasizing the word ‘ever’.
Nana and I just stared at the two boys in shock.
Uee’s eyes looked up to meet eyes with an angry Woohyun.
“Op-”
“Don’t call me Oppa. You have no right to call me Oppa.” Woohyun said as he turned to leave.
Myungsoo was about to say something else, but Nana walked up to him and grabbed his arm.
“Stop, Myungsoo. She is not worth wasting your breath.” Nana said glaring at Uee,and Myungsoo was shocked to hear his name escape . Just the sound of my name escaping her voice is blissful, Myungsoo thought.
All three walked back over to where I was standing and we all walked down the hallway to our lockers.
“Nana, I am sorry. If it weren’t for me-”
“Stop it Jisu.” Nana said cutting me off. “This is not your fault. Uee is just crazy.” Myungsoo shook his head in agreement with Nana.
“Plus,” Woohyun added, “ I enjoy the little bit we do talk. I can’t stand holding a two second conversation with Uee, but I enjoy talking with you, Jisu.” He smiled that sweet smile that you would imagine in your head sometimes, and you blushed.
“Yeah, so don’t worry about it.” Myungsoo joined in trying to reassure you.
“Thanks you guys.” I said smiling at them gratefully and sighed.
“We better get to class before we’re late.” Myungsoo said to Woohyun.
“Yeah, see you later.”
They both waved at Nana and I as they walked away.
“We better get to class too, Jisu.” Nana said smiling at me.
I nodded, and we went to class.




At lunchtime, Nana and I entered the cafeteria together, and took our seats at our normal lunch spot.
“Nana?” I asked looking down at the table.
“Yes?” She looked at me and smiled.
I smiled back, “Why is Myungsoo so protective of you?” Her smile faded.
“Do you want the full story? Or should I just come out and say it?” She asked with a weak smile.
“Well, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, but if you don’t mind, I would like the full story.” I said sincerely.
“I don’t mind. You’ve told me enough information about you, and I realize I haven’t been as open with you about stuff like this, but if you want to know I will tell you.” She smiled sweetly at me to let me know it was ok, and I nodded.
“Well, Myungsoo used to be bullied in elementary school because he was kind of quite. He didn’t socialize much, and everyone thought he was weird, and the mean kids would pick on him. Well, when I came to this school in fourth grade, I saw some boys hitting him out on the playground during recess, and I approached them. I told them that what they were doing was not acceptable, and that they need to stop. I guess words were not enough for them because they started to walk toward me with their hands balled into fists.” Nana took a deep breath and continued, “I know I looks weak and I don’t look like much of a fighter, but my parents had put me in taekwondo when I was three. The boy saw me as a weak girl because of how I looked and tried to hit me. So, my instinct that I had acquired during my time in taekwondo kicked in and well, let’s just say they didn’t get a hit in before they were all laid out on the ground, and running away from me.” She laughed at the memory of their scared faces. “After they were gone, I bent down to see if Myungsoo was ok, but he wouldn’t say a word to me. I helped him up and once he was up he thanked me. I just smiled and introduced myself. From then on, Myungsoo and I hung out and we became the best of friends. Myungsoo and I made a pact that we would never let anyone hurt either of us, and we never did. I didn’t even allow his dad to hurt him. I would literally get on my knees in front of him and beg him to not hit him. Myungsoo’s home was not a good home. When we entered high school he moved in with his grandparents to get away from his father.”
“Where was his mother?” I asked out of curiosity.
“His mom passed away when he was five. She was very ill, and after her death his father hated everything in the world. Including him.” Nana said tears forming in her eyes at the remembrance of the first time she was at Myungsoo’s house and his dad hit him.
“It’s ok Nana. You don’t have to tell me anymore if you don’t won’t.”
“No, it is ok. Is there anything you are specifically wanting to know?” She asked me.
“Well, I was wondering what Sunggyu meant when he started to say something about Myungsoo would still be able to do something if he hadn’t protected you.” I asked honestly.
“Ah, yeah. I thought you’d be curious about that.” Nana smiled.
“I am because Myungsoo stood up for you against Sunggyu.” I replied.
“Well, first off I should start by saying that I did something that Uee didn’t like to get kicked out of the group, and they all started to bully me. I would get warnings after warnings in my locker, but they didn’t phase me at all.”
I nodded, “ Yeah it doesn’t seem like anything Uee does phases you.” I laughed.
“Yeah, she doesn’t worry me too much.” Nana agreed. “Anyways, once Uee had figured out that I her warnings were not effective, she decided it was time to step it up a bit and warn me a different way. So one day Uee came up to me and was yelling at me. We were on the second floor and I had just arrived up the stairs. Uee backed me up until I was almost at the stairs and she shoved me. Just like today, Myungsoo ran as fast as he could pushing passed anything in his way to get to me. He almost caught me, but we both ended up falling down a good ways. I landed on his right hand pretty hard, and he hurt his wrist pretty bad.” Nana stopped for a moment to clear . “The only thing that helped Myungsoo through everything he had been through was to play the guitar. After I hurt his hand, he couldn’t play anymore. He still has to wear a brace sometimes. It pains me to know that because he protected me he can’t do what he loved to do the most.” Nana wiped her wet eyes, and I was tearing up with her.
“Why are you tearing up Jisu?” She laughed at me.
“I just feel like I can feel your pain is all.” I said smiling back at her. “What happened next?”
“Well, after I found out about Myungsoo not being able to play guitar anymore through Sunggyu yelling at me, I went over to his house after school and apologized a billion times and cried like a baby. Myungsoo yelled at me to toughen up and stop crying like a big baby. He told me that nothing was my fault and that he would have risked so much more to make sure I was ok.” Nana blushed.
“That is so sweet.” I said sniffling back a few tears.
“Yeah. He is the best. Even though we don’t talk much anymore, he told me that night that no matter how our relationship is now... he would protect me no matter what. I am so grateful to have had him in my life, and I feel so stupid for letting him go.”
“What do you mean letting him go?”
“I mean that once we entered high school we both went our separate ways. Myungsoo met Infinite, and I met Uee and them. Even though Infinite are the Kingkas and Uee and her group are the Queenkas, we never hung out, and when the two groups would hang out it would be at the club. So, no one really spoke to each other. I haven’t even said Myungsoo’s name in three years. Today was the first time I have spoken his name in three years, and it felt good to say it again.”
“Wait, so even when you went to apologize to him... you didn’t say his name?”

“Nope. I was too ashamed to say his name. Even though that was probably what he wanted to hear the most.” Nana said laughing at herself.
“You’re probably right.” I said laughing with her.
“I am just glad he says my name freely. I wish I could do the same, but until today I didn’t feel like I had the right to even be protected by him anymore, or say his name. He was my best friend, and I ditched him to become a monster. Although I am different now, my past is something I haven’t been able to come to terms with. It is something I am most definitely ashamed of. I would do anything to be able to rewind and do it all differently.”
“Wouldn’t we all.” I sighed. “Anyways the past is the past, and you should talk to Myungsoo more often. You aren’t the same Nana who ditched him your freshman year of high school. I am sure he knows that.” I tried to comfort her.
“You’re probably right... and you should keep speaking to Woohyun if you want to. Like he said today, he enjoys speaking to you, and I know you must enjoy speaking to him too.” Nana said teasing me.
“I hardly even know him, but he treats me differently than the other guys at school. he doesn’t look at me like I am some kind of or something. He looks at me like I am a regular person who he could get along with.” I smiled. “It’s nice.”
“Aw, that’s sweet, Jisu. Let’s eat now, ok? I am so hungry I could eat a cow!” Nana said returning to herself after a serious conversation.
“Well, I am glad you are finally back to your playful self.” I mumbled, but not too much that she couldn’t tell what I was saying.
“Well of course! Who else would I be? I am Im Nana, child.” She said playfully.
“Well, let us eat now, child.” I said trying to be just as playful, and she laughed at me.

*Myungsoo’s POV*
She said my name today. My name coming out of was like music to my ears. You were the music in me, Im Nana. I miss you, and I will protect you for as long as I live. I have and always will love you, Nana.

 

 

 


So, Nana spills it all to Jisu, and Myungsoo has hidden feelings for Nana?

Will his love be a one sided love?

How does Nana feel about him?

Will he reveal his true feelings? 

Will they patch up their past? 

So many questions!

Leave comments about what you think, please :)

So, this is basically a Nana and Myungsoo chapter. 

There will be more baby stuff later, no worries.