Merry Christmas, my little Jitterbug.

The Newbie and Pregnant

My name is Oh Jisu. I am ten years old. To me Christmas is all about the family. Today is Christmas here, and there aren’t many presents for me under the tree. My parents try, but they can’t do much for me. I don’t mind though. As long as I get to spend my Christmas with family, I don’t mind not having many gifts. My father, he tries, but no matter how hard he tries, he doesn’t succeed. This year I made my dad something special for Christmas. This year, I made him a gold star with our family’s picture inside. I made it in art class. The gift is supposed to represent that our family may not be wealthy, but we have one another, and that’s all we need. To me, my family is perfect. We rely on each other and we treat each other well. We may not have millions of dollars, but we have a lot of love, and to me; that’s all that matters.



“Soyu, what are we going to do? Today is Christmas and look under the tree! Our little Jisu, we can never get her what she wants.” Jungyeon cries to his wife.
“Honey, our little Jisu understands that we can’t get her all the presents in the world. You know she understands that, dear.” Soyu comforts her husband.
“Yes, but everyone in this town sees me as a no good father because I can’t do everything for my family. Everyone in this town finds us to be the town peasants. The only person in this family that this town thinks anything of is our Jisu. She makes me so proud, and I wish I could get her anything she wants.” He cries.
“Dear,” Soyu holds back her tears, “Our little Jisu, she...she has a big heart, and that’s why everyone loves her. She has made no mistakes and hasn’t put any shame on this town, but we... we have done nothing but give shame. We are the first family in this town to have to go on welfare, but it isn’t our fault that your company went down. It’s not our fault for any of our shame, but we live with it. Our Jisu thinks of this family as the greatest.” Soyu smiles at the thought of her little girl. “She thinks we’re perfect. Believe it or not, but Jisu only needs us, and as long as we’re together on Christmas and having a good time, then that’s all Jisu could ask for for Christmas.”
Jungyeon sniffs back the rest of his tears and smiles, “ You’re right, dear. No matter how many times we may let her down; our little Jitterbug will never let us down.”

“Mommy... daddy?” Jisu came out from the hallway.
Jungyeon and Soyu turned to look at their little girl with big smiles.
Jisu runs over to her dad and he sits her upon his lap, “Now, what is this Jitterbug?”
Jisu laughs at her nickname, “ This is your present daddy! For you and mommy!” Jisu said excitedly.
“This is for us, dear?” Soyu asked.
Jisu nodded with a big grin on her face.
“Well, Jitterbug; this is beautiful.” Jungyeon’s lip quivered.
“It’s supposed to show that our family is perfect just the way it is.” Jisu explained to her parents.
Her dad blinked his eyes a few times and cleared his clogged throat, “ This is the best gift anyone has ever given me, Jitterbug. Thank you.”
“You’re welcome, daddy.” Jisu said as she her dad's lap to give him a hug.
Jungyeon wiped the tear that fell from his eye, “Where should we put this beautiful star, Jitterbug?”
Jisu pointed her finger, “Right on top of the fireplace daddy!”
“Ok, sweetie.” Jungyeon took Jisu off his lap and put the star on top of the fireplace just like Jisu wanted.
“I love you, daddy.”
“I love you too, Jitterbug.”
“Merry Christmas, daddy.” Jisu said hugging her dad.
“Merry Christmas, sweetie.” Jungyeon said in a whisper.




My name is Oh Jungyeon, and I miss my little girl. Today on Christmas, I am sitting on my couch looking up at the star my little Jitterbug made me when she was just ten years old. Today though, she’s not in the house to look at it with me. Back when she made this star, my little Jisu was a perfect little girl, but today she has made a mistake. A mistake that everyone in this, judgmental, town now knows about. She didn’t make this mistake on her own, but she is dealing with it on her own. Well, I thought she was dealing with it on her own. Until the other day when that boy Woohyun showed up at her door. I know he loves Jisu, but he doesn’t need to, and they don’t need to be together. She needs to do it the right way, and be with Chanji. She needs to be with the baby’s father. She needs to fix the broken pieces. I think what I need to do, though, is let her make her own decisions. I just want to protect my little Jitterbug, but... she’s all grown up. She doesn’t need me making her decisions anymore. She doesn’t need me anymore, and it’s all my fault for pushing her out. For kicking her out. I wish today I could tell her that I didn’t kick her out because I didn’t love her, but to protect her. When I told her she had dishonored me, it was because I felt betrayed. I wish I could tell her all of this, but on top of all this; I wish I could tell my little girl how much her daddy loves her.
Oh Jisu, daddy loves you. Merry Christmas, my little Jitterbug.
Jungyeon put the star down and walked down the hallway to his bedroom with tears streaming down his face.
My little girl, where have you gone?
 

 

 

 


 

I know the chapter is not that long, but here is "The Newbie and Pregnant" Christmas special. c:

I hope you guys enjoy it! I reall do.

We find out a little about Jungyeon's, Jisu's father, past relationship with Jisu. 

How do you feel about him now? 

Still the same? 

Well, I am going to go to bed now everyone!

I love you guys!

Merry Christmas!!

Also, how do you like the Christmas poster? Sorry it's not very Christmas-y, but I tried.

/BadAuthor.

-Miranda♥