Curiosity Happens

The Newbie and Pregnant

I woke up early this morning so I could meet Nana at school. I was too excited to tell her about the baby kicking, I could hardly sleep the night before. Today was going to be a good day for sure. Nothing could upset me right now.

I walked through the school gates while humming random tunes. The cool breeze blowing today made the air so nice to take in. It was such a beautiful day today, and I was going to enjoy every moment of it.
I got into the school, and walked to Nana’s locker. She is more than likely already here.

I spot Nana over at her locker, and quickly walk over toward her with a big smile on my face.
She looked at me and smiled slightly, “Oh Jisu, why are you so smiley today?” She had a crooked smile on her face.
“Oh, no reason really...” I said looking away from her.
“Aw, come on, Jisu! Don’t tease me! Tell me why you are all happy today!” She said swinging her arms in frustration.
I chuckled at her childness, “ Ok, ok. I will tell you.”
“Well, hurry up would you!” She said happily. “I want to be happy too!”
“Ok. Well, on Saturday, after you went home, I had gone up to bed to lay down and relax.”
“Yeah.” Nana interrupted anticipating what was going to be said.
I laughed, “ Well, while I was lying down thinking about things-”
“Come on, Jisu! Can you skip the in between details, and just tell me! I can’t take the adrenaline building up inside me!” She said running in place as she shook her shoulders cutely.
“Ok! Ok!” I laughed, “That night, that baby kicked for the first time!” I said waiting for her reaction.
“What? I missed it! I leave and all of a sudden the baby decides to do something miraculous!” She said bummed that she missed the baby kicking. “I wish I would have been there to feel it!” She sulked.
“I wish you could have too. It was such a beautiful and surreal feeling. It made being pregnant seem so real for once. I usually feel like I will someday wake up from this dream, but on Saturday; when that happened, it was so unbelievable, and I just wish...” I sighed.
“You just wish you had someone to share it with?” Nana said understanding what I was feeling.
“Yeah, I mean I got to share it with Giyeon, but I wish it could have been-”
“Lee Chanji?” Nana said finishing my sentence for me. “Even after what he has done to you, you still would have liked for the father of your baby to have been there, huh?” She said sympathetically.

“It’s not that I wanted it to be him... just someone...” I was at a loss for words.
“Somebody who loved the baby just as much as you do, and would have felt just as happy?” Nana said taking the words right out of my mouth.

“Yeah, I mean Giyeon was just as happy, but her happiness was different from what it would have been like with Chanji... Someone who was really involved, you know?” I questioned.
“Yeah, I understand what you are trying to say, Jisu.” Nana gave me a friendly smile. “You wanted someone to think it was just as surreal as it felt, right?”
“Yeah, I want someone to have felt like it was unbelieveable... just like me. I want someone who would have been just as ecstatic and thought it was just so extraordinary just as it felt. I want that someone special.” I said smiling shyly.
“Jisu, I can tell you have someone in mind. I don’t know who, and you don’t have to tell me now, but I hope he can feel the same way you feel about him, and share these kinds of moments, and love the baby just as you do.” Nana said almost in tears.
My eyes were filling with tears, “ Nana... I know I haven’t known you for long, but you’re the best friend any person could ever ask for!” I said about to burst into tears.
“You know, I try.” She said wiping the tear that fell out of her eye while laughing slightly.
“Come on, let’s go to class before we are late.” I said placing my arm around through hers, and we walked away enjoying the emotional moment we had just shared. These emotional moments, I never got to have these with Chanji... It would have been too weird. It’s good to feel this relief, like someone understands you.

*Woohyun’s POV*
While I was walking toward my locker, late again, I saw Jisu and Nana arms laced through each others and they were laughing, but it looked they had been teary eyed. It wasn’t that kind of sad teary eyes either, but rather happy; and grateful. Jisu, I am glad you found a friend to share your emotions with. I don’t know why, but I feel jealous of Nana... I shook that feeling off, and continued walking to the office to get a late pass.

As I entered class, I noticed the teacher had not arrived yet. I took my seat in the back by the window, and looked out at the birds chirping happily. I hope one day, I can be as happy as the birds in the trees... Humming happily about whatever... Everyday being a good day.
“OPPA!!!” Uee said happily walking over toward me.
Just when I was enjoying myself...
“Oppa, I heard you guys went to the club this weekend.” She frowned.
“Yeah, what about it?”
“Well, I was just sad because Oppa was around other girls.” She sulked.
I looked at her with furrowed brows,“I don’t know if you noticed, but I am around other girls all the time. School is not just you and me.” I said looking at her like she was stupid.
“Yeah, but those girl-”
“Why are you worried about it anyways? I go clubbing all the time, and so do you...” I cut her off.
“That’s why I am jealous of those girls. I know how girls and guys are at clubs, and I don’t like thinking of you being with those girls like that.”
“That’s pathetic. Besides, I didn’t even drink or dance while I was there. I left early that night.” I said looking back out toward the window.
She smiled and went back to her seat. Woohyun oppa, you didn’t drink or dance? That isn’t like you. Maybe he was starting to return my feelings, finally. Uee thought happily to herself.
“Ok class-”
Finally, where had he been? I didn’t want to talk to Uee anymore, she is so annoying. She calls me Oppa, but we aren’t even close enough to use those nicknames, nor do I approve of it. I don’t understand why she is concerned over me going to clubs. It’s not like she didn’t know. Practically everyone here knows when Infinite and I go out. She is so clingy that it is pathetic... that’s why I will never see her as anything, but a nuisance.  
“Woohyun, if you don’t mind could you come back to earth for about 20 minutes, I am starting class.”
“Ah, sorry sir.” I bowed, and he continued class.




It was finally lunchtime and I couldn’t have been happier. I was starving. I exited the classroom and went toward the cafeteria.
When I arrived to the cafeteria, Nana was already sitting at our usual table. She looked up at me and started laughing. Why is she laughing at me?

When I reach the table, she was still giggling.
“Im Nana, what are you laughing about over here to yourself? You look like a crazy person.” I joked.
“I’ll tell you what I was laughing about! You look like a penguin when you walk!” She laughed louder.
Gee, thanks Nana... The makes me feel real good about myself. This girl...
“Ay, it’s not my fault. My small frame can’t carry this extra weight without waddling like a penguin.” I pouted.
“Don’t sulk, Jisu! I was laughing because that is the cutest thing I have seen! I don’t know how I missed that this morning!” She was still laughing at me.
“You promise it doesn’t look ridiculous?” I was still sulky. Is it really cute?
“I promise! Cross my heart!” Nana said as she made an imaginary ‘X’ over her heart.
“Im Nana, you are so immature!” I said laughing at her childness, again.
“I know, but it makes life a lot more fun!” Nana said sticking her tongue out at me.
“Let’s eat lunch, child...”  I said jokingly.
“Yes, mother.” She shaking her head with wide childish eyes.
I shook my head at her, and sat down at the table to enjoy lunch.


*Infinite’s POV*
“Woohyun, the other day... why did you immediately go over to help Jisu and Nana?” asked a curious Sungjong.
“Yeah, I am a bit curious about this myself.” Sungyeol said looking over at Woohyun.
Sunggyu folded his arms waiting for an explanation.
Woohyun looked from side to side, seeing everyone looking at him questionably.
“They looked like they could use some help. Is it not ok to be polite?” Woohyun threw questions at them instead.
“No it’s alright. but it still doesn’t make sense... you are usually rude to girls.” Explained Sungjong.
“That’s because the only girl you’ve ever seen me around was Uee, who I can’t stand, or girls at clubs, who I don’t plan on getting to know very well.” Woohyun retorted.
“Why is that Hyung? Why don’t you like Uee?” Asked Sunggyu suspiciously, and ignoring the last part Woohyun had said.
“If she were clinging to you, and following you around 24/7 like a lost puppy.” Woohyun explained. “You wouldn’t be interested in her either. She is quite clingy and a bit hooked on herself.”
“Yeah, that would get annoying.” Spoke a normally silent Myungsoo.
“Myungsoo hyung, you jumped in there pretty quickly to help them too.” Dongwoo realized.
“Same as Woohyun, it was out of politeness.” Myungsoo said with a smirk on his face.
“Yeah, right.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “I don’t like hanging around those two. Everytime I’m around them I can feel my reputation beginning to crumble.” Sunggyu scoffed.
“Hyung, you’re the class president, you go clubbing, and you’re a jerk to everyone who isn’t a Queenka... I think your reputation is already crumbled.” Sungyeol teased.
“Yah! What do you mean? People love and look up to me! I am one of the coolest guys in this school!” Sunggyu said trying to convince himself otherwise.
“Yeah, whatever keeps you happy, Hyung.” Sungyeol rolled his eyes and the other boys laughed at Sunggyu’s confused expression.
“Still, I don’t want to hang around them. If we do, then all of our reputations would be soiled.”
“Hyung, when have any of us ever cared about our reputations? Why do you really not want us to be around them? You’re the one who helped Jisu first, after all. Have you forgotten that?” Myungsoo smirked.
“Yeah hyung. Could it be that you are jealous of-”
“Of course not! What would we do with those two though? Jisu is pregnant and that’s no fun. Nana, well Nana is an ex-Queenka and we don’t want to get into that mess. We can’t bring ourselves down with them.” Sunggyu said cutting Hoya off.
Myungsoo lowered his head.
“Sunggyu, don’t worry about our reputations. You are getting wrinkles, chill out.” Woohyun joked.
“Yeah hyung. You look like you have aged a few years. You must be pretty worried.” Sungyeol joined in.
“YAH! This isn’t about my wrinkles, and I don’t worry that much! I just don’t like what I think is happening, that’s all.” Sunggyu scoffed.
“And what might be happening?” Myungsoo questioned.
“Nothing, if a certain someone here decides to open up, then we will see if I am right.” Sunggyu said getting up and leaving the cafeteria.
Is he directing that toward me? Woohyun thought.
Is he just now figuring out about it? Myungsoo questioned to himself.
“What was that about?” Sungyeol said curiously, but everyone stayed silent.




After lunch was over I went to the remaining classes I had for the day. Wow, today was a pretty good day. Nothing bad happened... Uee didn’t even say a word to me. I rubbed my stomach as I felt the baby kick again, and smiled.
I was at my locker putting my books away when I heard a masculine voice say, “What’s it like?”
I turned around to see that Woohyun was standing behind me.
“What’s what like?” I asked confused.
“Being pregnant.” He answered quickly.
I laughed at his question.
“What kind of question is that?” I asked still laughing.
“Why are you laughing? I am seriously curious!” Woohyun said surprised I had found his question so funny.
“What? That was a serious questions?”
He nodded. “If you could describe what it was like in one word, what would it be?”
“Magical.” I said fluttering my fingers.
He smiled, and walked away.
That was weird. I shrugged my shoulders and turned to walk toward the front exit.
Even though it was weird, it was kind of a cute question... coming from a guy... Nam Woohyun, you’re cute.  I rolled my eyes as I pictured his serious face in my head, and walked through the doors with a smile on my face.



*Uee’s POV*
What was he doing talking to her again?
Could it be that... he likes her?
No, he would never like her.
Oh Jisu. She better stay away from him.
After all, she has no idea what I am capable of... Perhaps I should give her a proper warning.
Uee turned to go find her friends.
I hope you’re ready for the unexpected, Oh Jisu.

 

 

 


Here's a new chapter for you guys :)

I hope you enjoy it.

Please leave me some comments :)

What do you think Uee means by 'I hope you're ready for the unexpected'?