An Unexpected Visit...

The Newbie and Pregnant

This morning, I woke up a bit earlier than usual because, out of nowhere, I had to use the restroom. Curse my pregnant bladder. When I stepped outside my bedroom door, I saw my aunt Giyeon standing in the doorway of the babies nursery.
“Aunt Giyeon, what are you doing?” I asked her in mid-yawn.
Giyeon turned around to face me, surprised. “Oh, Jisu.” She said as she wiped the tears sliding down her face, and smiled.
Shocked, my eyes widened, “Aunt Giyeon... What’s wrong?”
Giyeon grabbed a tissue from the wooden stand in the hallway to blow her nose, “Nothings wrong, dear.” Giyeon smiled at me and continued to blow her runny nose. “I just think the nursery is so beautiful, and I can’t believe how close it is getting to your due date.” She continued.
“Aunt Giyeon...” My voice cracked.
“Yes, dear?” She smiled at me warmly.
“Can you not scare me like that?” I sniffle out. “I was worried something was really wrong.” I said worriedly.
Giyeon laughed slightly, “Sorry to worry you, sweetie. I just couldn’t wait for you to wake up to see it.”
I let out a small giggle as I sniffled back some tears, “It’s beautiful, don’t you think?”
“Yes, yes it is, dear.” Giyeon furrowed her brows, questioningly, “I was curious though, Who helped you with all of this?”
“Oh, my friends helped me.” Giyeon nodded, and I continued, “You know Nana, but you haven’t met the other two who helped me, yet.”
“Well, what are their names, dear?” She smiled.
“Their names are Woohyun and Myungsoo.” I smiled back at her.
“Oh, boys?” Giyeon said as she wiggle her brows up and down.
I rolled my eyes, “Yes, boys aunt Giyeon.”
“Well, spill it girl.” Giyeon said suspiciously. “Do you like one of these boys?”
I could feel my cheeks heat up. “Well, maybe a little.” I smiled like an middle school girl thinking of her first crush.
“Wahh! That’s great, Jisu! Which one do you like?” She asked, obviously excited.
I blushed, “I think I may like Nam Woohyun.” I looked down embarrassed,and chewing on my thumb nail.
Giyeon’s eyes widened in shock, “Nam Woohyun, you mean the son of  Nam Kyungmin, and Kim Sooyeon? The people who own Nam Fashion Inc.?” Giyeon asked my curiously.
I turned my head to one side, “ I’m not really sure. I haven’t got to know that much about him yet.” I thought for a moment, and smiled. “I hope to get to know him better, though.” I shyly smiled.
Giyeon laughed, “ Well for now, go get ready for school.”
“Oh!” I flinched back into reality, “That reminds me, I almost forgot!”
“Almost forget what?” Giyeon asked me confused.
“I almost forgot that I have to pee, really bad!” I said as I turned to go to the bathroom, quickly, or as quickly as I could.
Giyeon laughed, and said quietly to herself, “Jisu, what am I going to do with you?” She shook her head and went downstairs to get a cup of coffee.




When I got done dressing for school, I went downstairs to grab something quick for breakfast. As I was heading to the kitchen, I heard a knock at the door.
“I got it!” I yelled so that Giyeon would hear me.
When I opened the door, I was surprised to see who was standing in my doorway. What is he doing here?
The guy standing in the doorway looked at me and smiled, “Good morning.” He said cheerfully.
My eyes widened, “ Um, good morning.” What a surprise. I thought to myself.
I stood there confused for a second,“I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, but what are you doing here so early this morning?” I questioned.
“I thought you might like a ride to school, since you are probably starting to get toward the stage where you don’t want to drive, or, may I say, you shouldn’t drive.” He smiled at me brightly. “So, would you like a ride?”
I pondered for a moment, “Um, sure. That would be really nice.” I smiled. “ I have to go grab a nutrition bar or something for breakfast really quick.” I said as I rubbed my stomach, and he smiled at me with gentle eyes that sparkled in the morning sun.
“So, um, would you like to come in for some breakfast?” I asked him.
“Oh, sure.” He replied.

When we entered the kitchen Giyeon began to say, “Who was at the door?”, but she stopped as she turned around to see both of us standing in the kitchen.
“Oh!,” she said surprised. “You must be one of Jisu’s friends?” She said this more as a question rather than a statement.
He bowed, “Yes, ma’am. My name is Nam Woohyun.” He held out his hand for her to shake. “You must be Jisu’s aunt, Giyeon. It’s a pleasure to meet you, ma’am.” He smiled politely.
Giyeon took his hand a shook it, astonished at his mannerism.
“Well, it is nice to meet you too, Woohyun.” Giyeon looked toward me and winked.
“So what brings you over here this early in the morning, Woohyun?” Giyeon questioned curiously.
“Oh, well I hope you don’t mind, but I was thinking this morning, and Jisu isn’t going to be able drive here soon. So, I figured I would stop by to give her a ride to school, and from, if she would like me to that is.” Woohyun smiled at Jisu.
“Well, I am sure Jisu would appreciate that very much. Wouldn’t you, Jisu?” She looked at me with scheming eyes. “Now, how about you both sit and have some breakfast before going, ok?”
Woohyun and I nodded and sat down at the wooden kitchen table to have our “American Style” breakfast.



“That was really amazing, Miss Giyeon.” Woohyun said. “It is miss isn’t it?”
Giyeon’s once gentle smile faded into a sort of glum expression. “Yes, Woohyun. It is miss. I am a widow.”
“Oh, I’m really sorry to hear about that. I didn’t know.” Woohyun said with stunned.
“No, no need to be sorry.” Giyeon smiled sincerely at him. “As you have already said, you didn’t know, and besides that; you were just wanting to confirm that I was a Miss and not a Mrs. I completely understand, dear.” Giyeon gave him a reassuring pat on the back before getting up to place her dishes in the sink.
Woohyun smiled at her genuinely, “Well, again thank you for breakfast.”
“You’re welcome, Woohyun. You’re welcome here for breakfast, or anytime. I will always welcome you into my home.”
“Since you said that, ma’am. Why don’t I start picking Jisu up for school everyday? Afterall, I don’t think she should be driving anymore, and I have to go there anyways.” Woohyun suggests.
“That would be very kind of you Woohyun, but I am afraid that it isn’t up to me whether she rides to school with you or not. You will have to confirm that choice with Jisu.”
“Ah, of course.” Woohyun said. “Is that ok with you, Jisu? Would you mind me picking you up and dropping you off to and from school from now on?” Woohyun asked me in the sweetest, most soft, and caring voice I’ve ever heard. He amazes me everyday.
I nodded, confirming that it was fine with me.
“Well then, we better get going to school then.” Woohyun looked toward me then back at Giyeon. “It was really nice meeting you Miss Giyeon, and again breakfast was fantastic.”
“It was my pleasure, Woohyun; and please drop the formalities. You may just call me by my first name.”
Woohyun nodded in reply, and looked back at me.
“Are you ready to go, Jisu?”
“Oh, yeah.” I returned from my daze and hugged Giyeon before we left.



On our way out Woohyun offered his hand out to me; as we began to walk down the steps of the front porch. Since I knew it was tough for me, I gladly took his hand into mine. Although, I was quite embarrassed about holding Nam Woohyun’s hand, yet it felt so natural. It felt as though this was meant to happen. His fingers intertwine perfectly through mine. If this is a dream, I never want to be woken up.
Woohyun looked at me as he held my hand and helped me walk down the stairs. I looked back toward him and smiled thankfully.

Giyeon watched the two of us as we walked hand-in-hand down the stairs.
Oh my word, they look like a new married couple having their first child. It reminds me of when my deceased husband and I first got married. Giyeon thought to herself as she stood on the porch watching us reminiscing in the memories of my uncle and her.  


Woohyun helped me get seated comfortably in the car, then he walked over to get in and head out for school.
When we first started off, it was pretty quiet, but I noticed Woohyun looked like he had a lot on his mind.
“Woohyun?”
“Hm?” He looked over at me for a split second signaling that he heard me.
I smiled, “ You seem to have a lot on your mind.”
He laughed a little, “ Really? How could you tell?” He smiled at me.
I blushed and looked down at my feet. Well, I would be looking at my feet... if I could see them.
“You’re facial expression is filled with thought.” I said. “What’s on your mind?”
Woohyun smiled, “Honestly, just everything that happened this morning.” He paused, “ Just thinking about how I got to meet your aunt Giyeon this morning, and how I had breakfast at your house. Those are really good memories for me, you know?”
I tilted my head, confused. “I don’t get it... It was just breakfast and meeting my aunt. What is so special about that?” I asked him.
He smirked, “It’s special because that is the first time I have been into a girls home and seriously talked to her family, and felt comfortable around them.”
“Ah, I see.” I nodded.
“Yeah. Jisu, may I ask you something?”
“Sure, Woohyun.”
“What happened to your Uncle? Well, your aunt Giyeon’s husband?”
I looked down, and heaved a heavy sigh. Woohyun looked at me worried that he might have just upset me.
I smiled at him to reassure him that it was ok to have asked that question. “I thought you might be a little bit interested in that.” I smiled.
“You don’t have to force yourself to talk about it if you don’t want to.” he said sincerely.
“No, it’s ok. I don’t mind.” I told him.
“Ok, then please tell me.”
“Well, my aunt Giyeon, before she owned her own cafe, was a stay at home wife.” I began. “She had gotten pregnant after two years of being married to my uncle. She was in her eighth month of her pregnancy and started to feel sharp pains in her stomach, and they weren’t the kind of pains frombeing kicked by a baby either. I remember that, one day she came to watch me after school, and she complained about having a sharp pain in her stomach. When I asked her what could be wrong, she just replied that it was nothing, and that I didn’t need to worry about a thing, but I was really worried about her.” I paused and took a deep breath before continuing. “Anyways, that night when she got back home, she started to bleed badly. She called my parents; because my uncle was still at work, he was a businessman for some big company. So, my parents got me up out of bed, and we went to go get Giyeon to take her to the hospital.” I paused to try to hold back the tears forming in my eyes from the remembrance of these memories.
“You don’t have to tell me the rest if you don’t want.” Woohyun had noticed me trying not to cry.
I shook my head, “No, it’s alright.” I smiled softly. “While we were in the car going to the hospital, Giyeon called him and told him what was going on. He rushed out of the office and got into his car, in a rush ,of course, because he was worried. We made it to the hospital before him, but not much longer before him. When my aunt was in the hospital room, all I can remember is that a young nurse came in and asked to speak to my aunt alone. At this time, my aunt was doing fine. I was standing outside the room looking in through the glass window in the wall to try to see what was going on. The next thing I knew my aunt was in tears, and I ran back inside to ask what was wrong, I was alone because my parents had went to get some coffee. My aunt was so upset, she couldn’t tell me.” I looked down and saw tear stains on my shirt. I looked over and Woohyun handed me a napkin he had gotten from his little compartment on his door.
I thanked him for the napkin, and continued, “A few moments later my aunt was screaming in pain and the nurse rushed out to get the doctor. I kept asking my aunt what was wrong, but she was in too much pain to speak. After a couple of minutes the doctor and nurses came back into my aunts room and one of the nurses had to forcefully me out because I didn’t want to leave my aunts side. The sudden news that my aunt had gotten was to confirm her husbands death. The shock had sent her into hard labor.”
“So, what happened to the baby?” Woohyun asked, guessing just where this story was going.
“Well, when my aunt went into hard labor, and because of the bleeding and stomach pains she was having before. The baby...” I stopped to keep myself from bursting into tears. “The baby, the baby was stillborn. That night, my aunt lost her husband, and her first child. Since then, she has never once wanted to marry or try to have children again.”
Woohyun watched the road with sad eyes. Wow, she’s been through a lot. I wonder how she feels about Jisu having a baby right now. I wonder if that is why she allowed Jisu to move in with her.
“My aunt, when she found out I was pregnant and needed somewhere to go; she said yes right away because after all of this had happened to her, I would stay at her house every weekend. I was her rock. I was the one there for her when she needed someone the most. I was twelve years old, and she was my aunt, my best friend, and she was like my older sister. Sometimes, I felt that she was more like my mother than my actual mother, but I still felt more like her little sister. When she found out I was pregnant, she was excited, but I think she is worried too. She doesn’t want me to lose my baby like she did, and with the father already not here to help with the baby, my aunt is worried how I will do alone. She took me in so that she will know that I will never have to do it alone. She told me, ‘Jisu, you were here for me when I needed someone the most, and I will always be here for you. No matter what situation you are in, I will never give up on you, and I will be here for you; always.’ My aunt is my hero because even though she has been through so much, she still stays happy, and I don’t know how. I like to think it’s because she has me to lean on, but I really think there is another reason behind her happiness, but I can’t figure it out.”
I looked over at Woohyun and he was smiling. I had been talking so much that I hadn’t realized that we had been sitting in the school parking lot.
“Oh my gosh, Woohyun. I am so sorry. I was just blabbing on and on I hadn’t-”
“Jisu.” He said cutting me off. “It’s ok, alright? I enjoyed hearing all about your aunt and you, and everything you two have been through together.” He said reassuring me that it was ok that I blabbered on with my story. “I really enjoy learning new stuff about you, Jisu. You are the most interesting girl I have met.” He smiled at me considerately, and I smiled back at him bashfully.
“Now, let’s go to class, ok? I will meet you at your locker at the end of the day to help you get back out here, ok?”
I nodded, and we both went into class.
Nam Woohyun, I think I am falling for you more and more everyday. I think I may like you more than I thought. Maybe...
maybe I...

“JISU!” Nana ran up to me interrupting my thoughts.
“Nana!” I said with a smile on my face as she looked at me suspiciously.
I looked at her confused and then I saw her and Myungsoo’s hands intertwined together, and I guessed at what she was trying to tell me.
“Ahhh, I see.” I said embarrassing her.
“Oh Jisu!” She said before I could say anything else.
“Let’s hurry and go to class!” She unlaced her and Myungsoo’s fingers and wrapped her arm through mine.
“Bye boys! See you at lunch.” Nana yelled back at them.
I looked back and saw Woohyun smiling brightly at me, and I felt my stomach do flip flops.
Nam Woohyun, I think... I think I might love you.

 

 

 


Hey guys! I'm so sorry for not updating sooner.

I have been really busy ever since school started up. 

I got a free night, without any homework, and I decided I would write a new chapter!

I just edited it, and now, FINALLY, I am posting it.

I really hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. :))

Have a nice day~!