Baby Names and the Dethroned Queen

The Newbie and Pregnant

Woohyun entered into school after a week of skipping to help Jisu. He would have skipped today too, but Jisu insisted that he go back to school. After all, Giyeon had taken off work to take care of Jisu.

Woohyun heaved a heavy sigh as he walked toward his locker. As he was entering his combination, he heard a high-pitched voice yell, “Yah! Nam Woohyun!”

Startled, Woohyun looked to see who it was only to find Nana stomping her feet toward him.

Woohyun cleared his throat, “Oh, Nana. What’s up?” He looked back at his locker looking for his Chemistry book.

“Nam Woohyun! The last time I heard from you Jisu was in the hospital! You didn’t even call to let me know what was going on! I HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK!” Nana huffed.

Woohyun scratched his head awkwardly, “Sorry Nana. I guess I was too worried about Jisu to remember to give you an update.”

Nana sighed, “Well, give it to me now! How is she?” Nana had worry spread all over her face.

Woohyun gave her a reassuring smile, “The doctor said she was having some contractions. The doctor also said that Jisu and the baby will be fine.”

Nana held her chest as she leaned against the lockers. “Thank goodness. I haven’t been able to sleep very well lately because I’ve been so worried.”

“Well, you can sleep better now. She’s doing alright.” Woohyun reassured her.

Nana smiled. “So, have you been staying at her house?” She smirked.

Woohyun chuckled, “No.”

Nana tsked, “Yeah right.”

“I’m being serious, Nana. I have been staying as late as possible, but it wouldn’t be right if I stayed there. Jisu and I aren’t married, and Giyeon has been home with her too.” Woohyun laughed.

“Oh, well. You’re really good to Jisu, Woohyun. You really have a lot of feelings for her, huh?” Nana poked Woohyun’s arm trying to get him to spill some of the details.

“I love her, Nana. She knows that, and now so do you.” Woohyun revealed.

“What? You told Jisu that you loved her?” Nana’s mouth fell agape.

“Yes, I did. Right after she told me.” Woohyun looked at Nana. His eyes wide with happiness.

Nana’s shoulders deflated, “Woohyun, you should have said it first. Come on. Are you even a man?”

Woohyun burst into laughter, “Well pardon me that she beat me to the punch.”

“I guess it’s ok. As long as you returned her feelings.” Nana smiled.

“YAH! NAM WOOHYUN!”

Woohyun rolled his eyes recognizing that voice right away.

“Where have you been!? Nana has been worried sick!” Myungsoo scolded Woohyun.

“Don’t let him fool you. He’s been worried sick too.” Nana said teasing Myungsoo.

“Well duh!” Myungsoo replied. “So, how is she?”

“She’s alright. Still in some pain, but I think she’ll be ok. She’s strong.” Woohyun said smiling at the thought of Jisu.

Myungsoo heaved a long sigh.

“You were genuinely worried huh, L?” Woohyun asked shocked by his friends genuine feelings.

“Of course I was! It’s not a secret that we’ve all come to care for Jisu.”

“Some of us less a secret than others.” Nana said eyeing a smiling Woohyun.

“What else don’t I know?” Myungsoo questioned.

“Jisu told Woohyun that she loved him, and apparently the feeling was mutual.” Nana poked Woohyun hard in the arm pushing him a little.

“Wow.” Myungsoo smiled at Woohyun. “Aren’t you supposed to be the first to reveal your feelings?” Myungsoo teased Woohyun.

Woohyun sighed as he shook his head. “What’s with you two? Why does it matter who said it first as long as both return the feelings?”

“Just saying, but I think Jisu will definitely wear the pants in this relationship.” Nana teased as she walked away and Myungsoo followed her.

“I couldn’t agree with you more, Nana.” Myungsoo joined.

“Whatever, see you two at lunch.” Woohyun said as the bell rang for first period to start.



 

Woohyun turned to head to class when he was stopped by none other than the head Queenka herself, Uee.

Woohyun rolled his eyes, “What do you want Uee?”

“I just thought I’d stop to talk with my old friend, Woohyun.” Uee said with a smirk across her face.

“We were never friends, Uee.” Woohyun retorted.

“Ouch, that hurts. But unlike you and I, you were friends with the other boys of Infinite before. Why don’t you go back to your friends Woohyun?”

“If they were really my friends, then they would accept the one I care most for.” Woohyun explained.

“And who would that be? Jisu? Why would you want to be with her Woohyun, when you could be with anyone you wanted? Why would you want to go from being one of the most, if not the most, popular guys in school to nothing?”

“As long as I have Jisu and my real friends, then I will never feel that I am nothing because I will have everything that I need.” Woohyun walked passed Uee and began to walk back down the hall.

“Well, what would your parents think if they found out the heir to their company, one of the biggest companies in Korea, were dating a girl who is pregnant, but there’s a catch... the babies not his.” Uee shot.

Woohyun scoffed as he turned around to look at Uee, “What parents? Last I was informed, my parents are dead. If you’re referring to my faux parents, Mr and Mrs Nam, then I could really care less what they think. They can not keep what my birth father left for me.”

Uee’s mouth fell agape, and her eyes widened in shock.

“Yeah Uee, comes to show you that you don’t always win.” Woohyun smirked and turned to walk away leaving behind a stunned Uee.



 

I woke up with the worst pain, yet, in my stomach. “Ahhhh!” I cried out.

“Jisu? Are you ok?” Giyeon rushed into my room with a worried expression.

“Yeah, it was just another stupid contraction.” I said as I rubbed my stomach.

“Please, little one, hang in there a little longer!” I said to my unborn baby.

Giyeon smiled, “Baby, it’s aunt Giyeon, please hang on a bit longer, and please be a bit easier on your mommy. I know you want to meet her, but please wait a little longer.” At that moment I felt a kick.

“Ah!” I jumped in shock.

“What?” Giyeon asked frantically.

“The baby kicked.” I smiled. “She really must want to meet her mommy.” My eyes started to tear up. “Mommy wants to meet you too, little one!” I sniffled back my tears.

Giyeon was smiling from ear to ear. “Jisu, are you hungry, sweetie?”

I nodded my head, “Definitely.”

Giyeon chuckled, “Well, what can I get you to eat?”

“Anything. I just want food.” I laughed. It was the first time I had laughed in the past week or so. Things were starting to look up a little. I mean, don’t get me wrong... the pain was still pretty unbearable, but I couldn’t wait to meet my little bundle of joy as much as he/she could wait to meet me.

Giyeon exited my room to go prepare breakfast for us, and I browsed the web looking at baby names.

 

After about thirty minutes, aunt Giyeon arrived with my breakfast, french toast. When she arrived back I must have been smiling like a mad person.

“Wow, what’s with the wide smile, Jisu? You could light the night with that smile.” Giyeon joked.

“Ah, I’m just looking at baby names.” I said laughing.

“Oh, I see. Have you decided on a boy and a girl name yet?”

“Well, tell me what you think... for a girl what about... Oh Shinyoung, and for a boy Oh Hyunshin?” I asked.

“Hm, I like the boys name, but I’m not sure about the girls.” Giyeon shook her head.

My shoulders deflated, and I scrolled down the page and heaved a heavy sigh.

“Sorry, did you like that name?” Giyeon apologized.

I sighed, “To be honest... not really. I’m just getting a bit over excited, and seeing as my child wants to come out soon... I thought I should find names. I do like the boy name, though.”

“Well, let’s eat our breakfast and maybe you will think of something after you’ve got something in your stomach.” Giyeon said handing me my tray.

I took it happily and nodded.

 

After we had breakfast, I told aunt Giyeon that I wanted to go downstairs to watch a movie.

“Alright, which movie do you want to watch, Jisu?”

“Hm, I want to watch a movie I haven’t seen in awhile.” I explained.

“Well, since you’ve been into the children thing here lately,” Giyeon joked. “Why don’t we watch something animated?”

“Ok!” I said excited.

Giyeon laid out a few different movies, but only one caught my eye.

“This one~!” I picked it up and handed it to Giyeon.

“Hm, Lilo and Stitch. I love this movie!” Giyeon said happily. “I’ll go get us some popcorn.”

Giyeon left to go get the popcorn, and came back a few moments later.

“Ok, Jisu.” Giyeon said as she sat down and pressed the play button on the remote.

I looked toward her and smiled, but then quickly turned my attention back to the screen.

 

The movie was now over, and all I could think of at the moment was the line said by stitch, ‘Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind.’

I was now back in my room, and that line kept repeating itself in my head. After I thought about it for a few seconds, the name Hana was very pretty; and since the surname would be Oh her name would mean family. My baby was the only person who I actually felt was by my side this whole time. I know, I know; of course the baby is inside of me, but the baby has always been their to put a smile back on my face even in the worst of times. My baby is the only one I felt was my family after what Chanji and my parents did. So, right then and there I decided that when my baby came, and if he/she is a girl, then I would name her Oh Hana because my baby never left me behind; and I would never do that to her.

I love you, baby. I thought to myself as I rubbed my stomach.


 

The school day had ended and Woohyun couldn’t have been happier that it was over. He was at his locker putting his books away when he seen someone approach him from the corner of his eye. He looked over to see his old best friend Sunggyu looking at him with a solemn expression.

“We need to talk.” Sunggyu spoke up first.

“Oh yeah. About what now? Are you going to lecture me some more about my descending reputation? Because if that’s the case I wouldn't waste your breathe.” Woohyun stated matter-of-factly.

Sunggyu’s small eyes looked toward his shoes, “That’s not it, Woohyun.”

“Then what’s up?” Woohyun asked.

“How come you never told me about your parents?” Sunggyu asked with hurt showing in his eyes.

Woohyun was shocked at Sunggyu’s question.

“Uee told me.” Sunggyu explained.

Woohyun sighed, “Well, at the time that I had found out you didn’t really want anything to do with me.”

“Oh.” Sunggyu’s face fell.

“Yeah.” Woohyun replied. “I guess I would have told my old best friend Sunggyu about it, but he had changed. His heart became cold; and all he could see was what others was seeing. All he could think of was ‘what is everyone else going to think’? What would you have thought of me if I had told you that my whole life was a lie and that my real parents had passed away, and the two people I thought of as my parents were actually my real parents best friends. Not just that, but my ‘dad’ is my biological father’s brother.”

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun in shock.

“Yeah. What would you have done if you had found this out by accident all by yourself. You get home from school, and you’re looking through your parents files to find some information about your family tree for a school project when you suddenly come across your birth certificate, but the man who you call dad; his name isn’t the one signed on the paper, and your mother’s name was completely different from the women who you had called mom all your life, or at least for the part you remembered.”

“Woohyun... I...” Sunggyu stuttered.

“You what? You’re sorry for treating me like crap because I fell for a girl that you didn’t see as ‘good enough’? You’re sorry because you wouldn’t listen to anything your best friend had to say because you were too busy getting drunk at the club; and was too busy to notice that I was in pain?”

Sunggyu hung his head low.

“That’s what I thought. You know... they say that you find out who your true friends are during the tough times.”

“Does that mean you’ve told Jisu everything?” Sunggyu asked.

“Actually she hardly knows anything about my family, or my past; but you know... somehow she still accepts and loves me.” Woohyun smiled.

Sunggyu nodded. “I really am sorry, Woohyun.”

“Yeah, I would be sorry too if I ruined a life-long friendship over something so pitiful too.” Woohyun said before walking around Sunggyu to head toward the school exit.

Sunggyu turned to say something, but stayed quiet and watched Woohyun walk away.

“Just forget him, Sunggyu.” Uee said as she held onto Sunggyu’s arm.

Sunggyu brushed her off, “None of this would have even happened if I wouldn’t have listened to you, Uee. What did I do? I ruined everything. The rest of Infinite can’t even look at me the same because they think of me as some kind of monster.” Uee hung her head.

“They say love is blind, but my gosh. I think I can finally see again. You’re not the girl I want to be with Uee, and I won’t be involved in your plans anymore. Jisu isn’t a bad girl. If anything she’s the victim in this situation. She doesn’t deserve anymore hurt. She, too, deserves to be happy.” On that note, Sunggyu walked away from, yet again, a stunned Uee.

Uee watched as Sunggyu left. She looked around the halls to see that she was the last one left out of all the students. After confirming that she was alone, Uee fell to the floor and began to weep.

Why can’t I get anyone to love me? Uee thought to herself as she sat on the floor of the school hallway.



 

Nana ran back into the school building. “I can’t believe I forgot about my math homework! Jisu, why couldn’t you have been here to remind me.” Nana sulked to herself.

As Nana was heading toward her locker she heard sobbing. She followed the noise and found Uee on the ground crying.

Nana rolled her eyes, “What’s wrong Uee? Did the Queen get dethroned?”

Uee looked up at Nana with her makeup smeared and she looked genuinely upset. Nana was shocked to see genuine tears coming from Uee’s eyes.

“Oh.” Was all Nana could say as she bent down to come to eye level with Uee.

“What’s wrong?” Nane forced herself to ask Uee.

“Nothing of your concern, Im Nana.” Uee said in a hateful voice.

Nana put her hands up in surrender and got up to walk away.

“Wait!” Uee called after her.

Nana turned back to look at Uee.

“Nana, you know everything about me, but even after everything I did to you... you never decided to use it against me. Why?” Uee asked.

“Uee, nothing you did to me could ever make me reveal all the horrible secrets I know about you and your life. I’m not that much of a shallow person. Sure, when I was apart of the group... I was extremely hateful, but I wasn’t so shallow as to do such a thing.” Nana explained.

“But why?” Uee asked confused.

“When you’ve been knocked down, and threaten, and made to feel like you were worthless by one of your best friends, and you felt like you were at your lowest... you would never wish those same feelings upon anyone else. After all you had done to me, I came to realize that everything I had done while I was apart of the group was all wrong. If my so-called ‘friends’ couldn’t be my friend for who I truly was, and I had to do awful things to hang out with them, then I didn’t want those friends anyways.” Nana took a deep breath before continuing. “I grew up, Uee. I didn’t need to make you feel like crap to feel happy, or to fit back in with the other popular kids. I just needed to be surrounded by real friends and family who loved me for me. I already had my family, and when Jisu came here... I finally had the friend I needed.”  Nana smiled as she explained.

Uee just nodded in understanding.

Nana sighed, and stood up. She offered her hand to Uee.

At first Uee hesitated, but she took Nana’s hand gladly.

Nana began to walk away, but before she could Uee spoke.

“Nana?” Uee called to her.

“Yes?” Nana turned back to face Uee.

“Thank you... and I’m sorry. If you don’t mind... could you also let Jisu know that I’m sorry.” Uee asked, genuinely sorry.

Nana smiled, “Sure.”

Uee smiled back.

“Uee, you don’t have to pretend to be someone you’re not. Jisu wouldn’t hold anything against you because she’s just not that kind of person. You can be whoever you want to be. I know that you feel that you need to be the tough, mean girl here because you can’t be strong at home, but you don’t always have to be on top. Sometimes you just have to fall.” Nana offered her advice to Uee.

Uee smiled, “Thanks, Nana. Do you mind if I walk out with you?”

Nana returned her smile, “Not at all.”

The two exited the building together, and with that... the mean Queen was dethroned.

 

 

 


 

Hi guys! After being on hiatus for a while... I'm finally back!
I've been thinking about this story for awhile, and I would like to say that ...
it may soon be coming to an end...
But after it ends... their may be a surprise... more of a question, but it should be a surprising question...
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this update...
Jisu chose her names for both genders, and Uee was dethroned... or at least the mean, hateful Uee.
A little more was revealed about Woohyun, and Chanji didn't show up in this chapter and that's always a good thing when we don't have to hear from that jerk. huh?
So, anyways... now that Uee's shananigans should stop... what next?
Well, you will just have to wait for the next update to see!
I will try to update again sometime this week! c:
-Miranda♥
I hope everyone is having a great summer so far!
Happy summer, everyone!
Thank you for waiting for my return! :)