First day...

The Newbie and Pregnant

*beep beep beep*

"OH JISU GET UP! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" I heard aunt Giyeon yell from downstairs. I sighed and got out of bed to get ready for school. Great my first day at a new school, and what am I going to be known as? The pregnant girl. I feel fat. 

I put on a baggy t-shirt and found a pair of leggings to wear under my oversized shirt. As I look at myself in the mirror I can't help but look down on myself. I miss my old school already. At least there people won't judge me as harshly. After all, they do know my character.

I head downstairs to meet my aunt in the kitchen to have breakfast before I set out for school. After being pregnant for a few months already, I have figured out that I can smell anything. "Aunt Giyeon the food smells amazing," I said as I sat down at the kitchen table to eat my breakfast. "Well it should smell good. I did make it, didn't I?" Giyeon gave me a bright smile after that. That is why I love my aunt; no matter what mistakes I may make, she still treats me like I am her little niece that she used to play with when I was little. At the moment she is the only person who doesn't treat me like an outcast. My own parents treat me like I am some alien or some mystic creature. 

After getting pregnant by my old best friend Lee Chanji, I was forced by my parents to move in with my aunt, Giyeon. I didn't mind of course because Giyeon was more like a sister to me than an aunt. 

"Jisu, today after school can you stop by the cafe and help me behind the counter, Yooji called in sick and can't make it in for her shift today." "Sure Giyeon, now I need to leave or I am going to be known as, not only the new pregnant girl, but also as the delinquent child who doesn't show up to class on time." I jokingly said as I grabbed my backpack and headed out of the kitchen to put my shoes on.  "Yeah we wouldn't want them thinking of you as a delinquent now would we?" Giyeon laughed as she said this. 

I left the house and started for school. Giyeon only lived a few blocks from where the school was located so I didn't need to take the bus.

As I got closer to the school, I could see students making small talk in front of the gates. Seeing them made me miss my old friends.

I passed the group of students talking in front of the school gate, and all they did was stare at me. I felt like I was Hester Prynne from The Scarlet Letter heading up to my pedestal to be stared at by all who passed by, so that I could be recognized for my sin. I felt ashamed. 

As I got closer to the doors of the school a student, most likely the class president, confronted me and asked if I needed any help finding my way around. "Hello, you must be the new student Oh Jisu, am I correct?" "That would be me, do you know anyone else who would walk into school looking as I do now?" He just looked at me dumbfounded, "Didn't think so." "Well, if you need help finding where you are going please don't hesitate to ask me." He laughed as he walked up to who I would guess were his friends. By the looks of it, he wasn't only the class president, but also a very popular guy. He didn't even tell me his name. What am I supposed to do be like "Oh hey guy, can you help me find my class?" What kind of class president is he anyways...

After finally finding my way to my first class, my first period teacher introduced me, and I could not have been more embarrassed walking up in front of the class looking like this. 

I stood in front of the class smiled and said " Hello my name is Oh Jisu and I am sorry to be a burden to your school." Everyone looked at me like I was stupid, but after seeing there faces before I knew they were all thinking that I was a bad site for there school. I returned to my seat and the teacher began his class. 

After completing my first set of classes, it was time to go to lunch. As I walked into the cafeteria, all eyes were on me. I swear this was getting old already, and it was only day one. I walked through the lunch room with my eyes facing the ground. Just because they were staring at me didn't mean I wanted to see them. How could this day get any worse?  I had thought to soon. Right after I had thought that to myself, I bumped into a girl and her tray spilt all over her making her look like a mess. "Oh my goodness! I am so sorry, please let me help you." I said in a surprised tone as the girl held open in shock. "No thanks, I believe you have helped enough! What is a person like you doing in school anyways! Shouldn't you be at home thinking about your mistakes." "My eyes widened at how rude this girl was being, I was surprised, even after I had offered to help her clean herself up. " Excuse me, but getting pregnant was not something I asked to happen to mys---" "I don't really care what you have to say right now, exit the cafeteria please before you go and ruin someone elses day with your existence." My eyes began to become teary as those words pierced through her lips.After she finished with a smirk on her face, I ran out of the cafeteria with tear stains on my cheek.

As I was running through the hallway with tears running down my cheeks, I almost ran into someone else. "Ah, I am sorry." I said as I looked down to the floor. "No, it's ok. Hey are you ok?" she asked. "No, not really." I sat on the hall bench as I cried a bit more, and she sat beside me. 

"You know, you don't have to look at me with such pity in your eyes. I hate when people look at me like I am a victim." 

"Well, right now you look like a victim to me." She said as I looked up at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked, and she handed me a tissue to wipe my eyes and blow my nose.

"I mean that you can't just be crying for no reason, right? What happened anyways, if you don't mind me asking."

"I ran into some girl in the cafeteria and she said some hurtful things."

"Ah, sounds like you met the head Queenka, Uee or should I say ewwy." As she said this she scrunched up her nose which made me laugh.

She smiled and said, " You must be hungry, I have a packed lunch that I wouldn't mind sharing with you. My name is Nana by the way, what's your name?"

"My name is Jisu, and you don't have to share your lunch with me, really."

"I won't take no for an answer! You have a little person growing in you that needs taken care of too! Please, let me share my lunch with you!"

I sighed, and smiled slightly at her. "Here, my mom always packs me an extra bento box, you know, just incase I find a friend to share it with."

"Well thank you. You're the first person to really be nice to me so I really appreciate it."

"No need to thank me! Just... be my friend! I won't look at you like you're immortal or anything. I promise."

"Ah. Well then, let's be friends" I smiled as I said this because she made me have hope that this would not be such a bad year after all.

When school ended Nana asked if she could walk home with me, but I have to work at the cafe today so I told her I wasn't going home right away.

"Well then at least let me walk with you to where ever you are heading!"

I laughed and said, " Alright Nana, let's go." 

We arrived at the cafe, and my aunt Giyeon was swamped with customers. "Giyeon! I am so sorry I didn't get here sooner!"

"Ani! It's ok Jisu. Who is this?"

"Hello! I am Nana, it's nice to meet you!"

"I am so glad Jisu has already made a friend! See, I knew it wasn't going to be so bad Jisu!"

I smiled and looked at Nana "Nana, I have to work now. I am sorry we couldn't talk much, but we can meet at school tomorrow!"

"While I am here I might as well order something! Please get me a Chocolate Mocha!" Nana replied.

I laughed as I said, " Alright, alright just give me a minute, ok?" Nana nodded and went to go take a seat at the nearest table.

After a few minutes, I brought Nana her drink.

"Ah, thank you! I will drink this and then leave!"

I nodded and went back to the counter to deliver more drinks to the customers. 

As I turned around I noticed that they had come in... Great, just when I thought things were getting better...

 


I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter! Please let me know what you think! Feel free to comment! :) Sorry if this is no good, this is my first time writing a fanfic. I would really appreciate your guys feed back ^^

Just incase you are not aware of this, anything that is in italics are Jisu's thoughts.