Oslo, Norway

The Hard Way

“Let me guess, Abeoji wanted to meet your girlfriend?” Kyuhyun asked with a raised brow.

Siwon was sitting at the sofa in their living room, hugging his legs, not really paying attention to the television. He turned his head to Kyuhyun who was leaning on the frame of their bedroom door.

“How do you know?” He asked the younger.

Kyuhyun chuckled and moved to sit beside him.

“You always sulk like that every time you came home from meeting your parents and being asked that question.” He answered lightly, “We’ve been together for years, Siwon... I think I would know when something is troubling you.”

“Well that’s the problem! We’ve been together for so long, but why can’t my parents let me be happy with you?” Siwon pouted.

Kyuhyun chuckled again.

“How will they do that when they don’t even know about us?” he asked back, “They don’t know about us, right?”

Siwon sighed at that.

“No.” He said weakly, “But I wish I can tell them and make them see who I really am.”

“But they’re not ready yet.” Kyuhyun cut.

“I know.” Siwon said sadly, “And I’m getting desperate.”

Kyuhyun stared at his boyfriend with sad eyes. He kissed Siwon’s cheeks and cuddled close to his muscular arm.

“Don’t worry,” he said, “They will accept you. They will accept us.”

Then Siwon laughed bitterly.

“I’ll be invited to Oslo if I can make Abeoji acknowledge, let alone accept the fact that his son loves another man.”

Kyuhyun lifted up his head from Siwon’s shoulder and stared in confusion.

“Oslo?” He asked, “Why?”

“I’d be presented with Nobel Peace Prize!” Siwon joked, and he laughed heartily.

Kyuhyun slapped Siwon’s arm and argued.

“But Nobel is from Sweden.”

“Really? But the Nobel Peace Center is in Oslo.” Siwon argued stubbornly.

“How can it be in Oslo?”

“You don’t believe me?”

“No.”

“Hold on, let me show you!” Siwon took his cell phone and googled for “Nobel Peace Center”, which turned out to be really located in Oslo, and showed it to Kyuhyun smugly. It wasn’t everyday he could win an argument against Kyuhyun, although they didn’t argue all that much.

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow and had to settle with defeat, for the time being.

“Alright, you win.” He finally gave up.

“So don’t I get a kiss?” Siwon closed his eyes and offered his lips willingly. His mood had lightened up significantly and the problem with his father lay forgotten.

“You want a kiss?” Kyuhyun asked, already standing back at his previous spot by the door frame, smirking at the hopeful Siwon, “come here and claim it!”

Siwon gulped at the sight of hot and y Kyuhyun, winking naughtily at him. He took no second thought to run after his precious boyfriend and pulled him down onto the king-sized bed.

~*~

 

Siwon walked out of Grand Hotel at precisely 8.30 in the morning. He spent all his morning plotting for places to visit and how to track down Kyuhyun. He marked all the tourist spots he could figure out on his map, based on Kyuhyun’s interest. There were music schools, opera theatres, museums, gaming centers, restaurants, wine houses, bars, but his eyes wouldn’t leave that one spot he marked first, the Nobel Peace Center.

Is it really that simple? He thought to himself. Did he really go all the way here because of that one building? Because I had mentioned it once?

Siwon decided to go there first. He was told that the Nobel Peace Center is not so far from the hotel he was staying at, not more than 10 minutes walk, the concierge said. So stroll along the streets of Oslo, noticing some interesting stuffs along the way like a nice park and a nice pub, but not spending any time to stop or even look at his surroundings. He kept his gaze locked on the blue line on his map, telling him which way to go.

It took him 8 minutes to reach the Nobel Peace Center. He was too early. The center wasn’t open until 10 a.m. so Siwon went to the nearby park and took a nap at the benches. He slept for almost an hour, and was awoken by the sound of some girly giggles. When he opened his eyes and blinked several times to adjust to the sudden bright day light, Siwon caught a glimpse of 3 girls, probably not much older than 7 years old, giggling and running away from him. Siwon couldn’t help but to smile.

Thirty three minutes past nine, Siwon thought there was still enough time to do a little work out, so he just went jogging around the park. Ten minutes after that, Siwon sat back on the bench, trying to cool down a little bit. He wiped his sweaty forehead, but the simple gesture reminded him of Kyuhyun, how he used to put a piece of tissue on his forehead whenever the weather got hot and Kyuhyun would start sweating a lot.

He felt a slight tinge in his chest when images of Kyuhyun started appearing in his head. And with a mind full of Kyuhyun, Siwon walked back to the Nobel Peace Center and decided to just sit in front of the building, waiting for the time it would open.

Exactly at 10, Siwon was allowed to enter the Nobel Peace Center. He was probably their first visitor of the day. He started to look around, from one hall to the other, one room at a time. Funny, it might just be his imagination, but Siwon felt as if he can smell Kyuhyun’s body fragrance all around the room.

He kept walking slowly inside the building, examining every little detail, trying hard to find something that proved Kyuhyun had been there. Suddenly his eyes caught something. Somewhere among the small papers glued to the wall of drawings, there was one piece of paper bearing a large “₩” and a small “I love you” right below the Korean currency symbol.

It was all in Kyuhyun’s handwriting!

Siwon took hesitant steps toward the paper-covered wall and stopped one inch away from the picture hanging on the wall. The paper even smelled like Kyuhyun. He ran a finger over the piece of paper and inhaled the scent slowly. How he miss Kyuhyun so much....

 

Siwon was eating lunch at a restaurant near the Oslo Konserthaus when another blog post from Kyuhyun came up. This time it was a picture of a sentence. “I like you more than Pizza, and I REALLY like Pizza.” He didn’t need Kibum to tell him where his next destination was. He left his lunch unfinished and hurried back to the hotel to grab his things.

He needed to get to Italy, as soon as humanly possible!

 

=19=

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow, this is getting more difficult to write. Dear wubukyu and SiwonnieFan, I'm sorry to disappoint you...

By the way, you guys remember this, right?

I just had to put it in ^.^