The Little Guide Light

The Hard Way

Siwon drove his car as fast as he could, but the traffic wasn’t really on his side. It took him more than an hour and a half to reach Kyuhyun’s apartment building while normally it would only take around an hour. He parked his car next to the lobby entrance. He would deal with the security later, because he was in a desperate need to see Kyuhyun right now.

He rushed to the elevator and pressed the button repeatedly, having not enough patience for anything. Once he got to Kyuhyun’s floor, he ran for the door and rang the bell two times.

“Appa, good morning...” He bowed when he saw the man standing at the door.

Kyuhyun’s dad stared at him in awe, perhaps because he hasn’t seen Siwon for quite a while, but most probably because Siwon came in such a mess, wearing nothing but sleepwear that reeked of alcohol.

“Who is it, honey?” Kyuhyun’s mom asked from inside the house.

“Siwon.”

“Siwon?” She asked again as she poked her out from the kitchen.

“I have to go to the office, but, come inside, son... Have a talk with Kyuhyun’s mom.” Kyuhyun’s dad ushered Siwon in then patted him on the shoulder and give him a small hug before saying goodbye and left for work.

“How are you doing, sweetheart?” Kyuhyun’s mom held Siwon in a tight embrace and rubbed his back lovingly.

“Eomma....I’m sorry... But, I want to see Kyuhyun, I need to see Kyuhyun...” Siwon stuttered in her embrace.

Kyuhyun’s mom waited until Siwon pulled back from the hug before she took Siwon’s hands and sat him on the couch.

“Kyuhyun’s not here, Siwon. Can you tell me what happened between you kids?” she asked carefully.

Siwon sighed.

“I’m not very sure, but most likely it was my fault.” He said sadly.

“No.” Kyuhyun’s mom disagreed, “Kyuhyun was never one to run away from things. He would either keep it in or confront it. There’s probably something else we don’t know about.”

“He didn’t tell you?” Siwon asked.

Kyuhyun’s mom shook her head.

“Where is he, Eomma? I have to talk to him.” Siwon asked again.

Kyuhyun’s mom sat still for a while, she just kept staring at Siwon’s face. She had this expression which Siwon couldn’t really understand. There were some longing in her eyes, and also some sadness. But she was also smiling. And waiting for her to speak really tore Siwon apart. The noises around them had gone too loud for Siwon and he was afraid he won’t be able to hear what she had to say with those kinds of noises. But truly, there wasn’t too many noises at all, just the sound of small drops of water in the kitchen sink, probably the faucet was wearing off and needed to be replaced, or maybe it just need a little bit of adjustment. Then there were the faint noise from the variety show on TV that Kyuhyun’s mom loved to watch. And that was all.

“Wait here for a minute.” She finally said and left Siwon on the living room. She came back a few seconds later with a small piece of paper in her hand. And she sat back down with Siwon.

“Kyuhyun didn’t come here before he left.” She explained, “He just called me one day and told me that something happened and he wanted to go see other cities. He told me not to worry about him, or you, because everything was going alright. He also told me not to go look for him because he would return right away when he had gone where he wanted to go and seen what he wanted to see. But he didn’t tell me where. He just said that if you were to ask for him, I should give you this.”

She handed Siwon the piece of paper.

 

http://nomadgamer.tumblr.com/

 

Siwon’s heart skipped a beat.

“We’ve tried to look into it, “ Kyuhyun’s mom continued, “it only had one post so far, and I think you should read it for yourself.”

“Do you.... Did you try calling him?” Siwon asked doubtfully.

“We did.” She said. Of course they did! “I’m sure you have tried it too, and yes, his phone number had been deactivated.”

Siwon’s heart sank.

So that’s it. It’s all up to this. Siwon contemplated as he stared into the piece of paper in his hand. Then he nodded. If you wanted it to be this way, then I’m in. Let’s play your little game, my precious gamer!

“Okay, Eomma... Thank you for everything. I will find Kyuhyun and set things right.” Siwon said half confidently because he knew his darling boyfriend, and he knew he’s not gonna make it easy.

“I understand.” She smiled.

Siwon hugged her one last time and took his leave. She walked him to the door and hugged him again when he was about to go out the house.

“Bring him home, Siwon.” She whispered in Siwon’s ear.

“I will, Eomma. I will.”

~*~

Siwon took out his tablet and typed in the URL address written on the paper Kyuhyun’s mom gave him. He smiled unconsciously when the page loaded and Kyuhyun’s picture appeared on the screen. He rubbed the screen lovingly. He missed touching Kyuhyun’s skin so much. Then he clicked on the only post in the blog and started reading.

 

Ahoy, my friends! Welcome to NomadGamer’s blog.

My name is Kyuhyun, and that’s all you need to know for know. Haha... Just kidding. I’m gonna tell you everything! I mean, what’s the point of having a blog if not to spill everything about your life, right? Oh yeah!

So, for the beginning, I’m starting out on a journey here. I’d like to call it spiritual journey like The Monkey King and the Journey to the West, but this wasn’t really like that. My journey is a lot more egotistical than that. I have my reasons, of course, and some of them were based on a pure selfish foundation, but at the end of the day, I’m also seeking out to outgrow myself and be a better persona when I return from this so called journey.

I started off from Seoul, the place where I was born, the place I will always long for, the place where I left everything I care about. I have a zillion more reasons to stay in Seoul than to leave, that’s why I tried to not think too much about it, because as much as I love Seoul and the people in it, I also have a pretty good idea on where to look outside.

I have picked the places I wanted to visit, I have reasons why I chose those places personally, some of the reasons were less than stellar, some other were just plain stupid, but reasons are reasons and they had to be taken into account no matter what.

So here I am, leaving Seoul, my love, and my life behind. I’m heading towards a place where night is day and day is night. A place which name tend to give you false guess about its location, and I will tell you all about it later when I have had enough experience with it. And until then, stay safe and keep gaming! See ya!

Sincerely yours,

GameKyu

 

Siwon had to smile reading the post. He could imagine Kyuhyun speaking all the words with his deep beautiful voice yet baby-like tone. He can’t wait to hear Kyuhyun’s velvet voice again. And if he wanted it to happen soon, he had to be ready.

The post was dated around one week ago, so that would mean Kyuhyun was already in his next destination? Where could it be? Well, he would have to wait for Kyuhyun to give a clue, or better yet, tell him about his whereabouts. And when he did, Siwon would be all good to go. He better be prepared.

=15=