Daehyun - Amusement Park

B.A.P Scenarios

requested by shesso2bbuhyo (tumblr)

"You want me to what."

Daehyun is not amused with you.

Really, he isn't.

"I want to go to Lotte World," you say, slowly, "and I want to go with you."

"I know that's what you want me to do," he moans, "but why do you want me to do that?"

You pout, tugging on his shirt sleeve a little in an extremely uncharacteristic fashion, but you figured the situation called out for bringing out the big guns.

You've always known that Daehyun's never been big on amusement parks—even though he's basically an overgrown kid, he's deathly afraid of heights, and he's even more wary of being out in crowds with his newfound fame.

But last week, your best friend wormed the idea into your head that going to an amusement park was a classic couple thing to do, and you'd been thinking about it ever since.

“Please?” you say. “You promised me we’d go on a real date sometime. And you’re free today and you never fulfilled that promise.”

You can see the gears turning in his mind, looking for any way he can out of this, but he knows you’ve got him cornered.

"...fine," he eventually grumbles, scrunching up his face, "just this once."

~*~*~*~*~

“Remind me again why I agreed to this?” Daehyun groans after yet another near run-in with someone who managed to get a little suspicious of his black wig, snapback, and sunglasses disguise.

“Because you love me and I’ll never do this again?” you reply, squeezing your hand a little tighter against his. You know he’d never agree to do this in the near future, and you probably should have thought this through a little better, but would it kill the two of you to go on a “normal” date for once?

…after seeing Daehyun’s face while the two of you stare up at a rollercoaster, you realize that yes, it may very well kill Daehyun.

“Can we go home yet,” Daehyun moans, leaning on your arm as he stumbles along. The two of you had gone on what you’d thought was a relatively tame ride—a merry-go-round—but he was having none of it.

“Daehyunnie, you promised.” You’re starting to sound more and more like a petulant child, and you know it, but, quite frankly, you really just want to enjoy the day that the two of you have together.

A day that is rapidly, to put it bluntly, going to .

“I know,” he replies, his voice terse, “but can we please just go now.”

You purse your lips, but you know he's starting to get angry, and the last thing you want is to cause a scene in public.

“Come on,” you sigh, “let’s go.”

~*~*~*~*~

Daehyun’s silent through the entire taxi ride back to the dorms, and the tense atmosphere worries you. He’s never been the type to hold back his feelings, regardless if they were good or bad.

But right now, the silence is all you can think about, as you sigh and lean against the cold glass of the cab window.

When the cab pulls up in front of the dorm building, Daehyun takes out his wallet and hands a few bills to the driver, a muttered “thanks” the first words spoken in nearly half an hour. He doesn’t even reach for your hand as he gets out of the car, and you look down at the sidewalk as you get out, shoving your hands into the pockets of your jacket as you follow him inside.

He heads to the kitchen immediately, just as you’d thought, grabbing a banana and all but ripping the peel off and biting down harshly, his face stubbornly set in angry creases.

You swallow dryly. “Daehyun—”

“What,” he says, his voice curt and muffled by the food in his mouth. “I did what you asked for. Isn’t that enough?”

You flinch involuntarily from his cold tone. “I just wanted us to be able to have fun for once.”

“Do you ever think about anyone but yourself?” Daehyun swallows loudly and throws the peel onto the kitchen table. “Maybe I didn’t want to go.”

“I know!” You throw your hands in the air in exasperation. “I know you aren’t a big fan of that kind of thing. But relationships are built on compromise—”

“Don’t you lecture me about compromise!” Daehyun explodes, slamming his fist down on the table. “Stop being selfish!”

“Me being selfish? I’ve been nothing but understanding!” you shout back. “I get that you’re tired and exhausted and there are some things you don’t like, but maybe it was wrong of me to assume that maybe you’d be willing to push that aside for a while for your girlfriend.”

Daehyun has no reply to that, merely throwing his hands in the air with a growl and stalking out of the kitchen. You can hear a door slam down the hall, and you sigh, sinking into a chair.

“Are you alright?” you hear a soft voice say, and you turn your head to see Jongup peeking in through the doorway. “Hyung sounded really mad.”

“I’m fine,” you sigh, your voice sounding far more defeated that you'd thought. “I just… I don’t know. I feel like I'm ruining this relationship.”

“You’re not,” Jongup replies, taking a seat across from you. “Daehyunnie-hyung is… not very good at hiding his emotions. Everything with him is amplified.”

“Super effective?” you joke weakly, and Jongup chuckles.

“He’s not good at letting other people have their way sometimes, but he's also very hard and fast about certain things.” Jongup reaches across the table and pats you on the shoulder. “You’re a good person. You just have to figure out a good balance with him. He’s probably cooled off by now—he never stays angry for very long.”

“Thanks, Jongup.” You stand up and head for the members’ shared room, passing by their living room--dining room--generic everything room on the way; they're all huddled together on the sofa, and you figured they’d all evacuated their bedroom once they heard the beginnings on your argument.

“Daehyun? Are you okay?” you ask, knocking on the door. There’s a pause, then a subtle grunt, and you open the door.

He’s lying on one of the bottom bunks, his feet hanging off the side, a comic book lying flat on his face.

“I’m sorry,” he says, his voice muffled by the book. “You’re a great girlfriend, and I'm kind of a . I just… I really don’t like amusement parks. They’re crowded and there’s people and there’s heights and oh my god heights—

You laugh at Daehyun’s increasingly panicked tone. “I’m sorry, too. I shouldn’t have been so pushy about it since I know you don’t like it.”

Daehyun’s arm lifts up and makes a beckoning motion in the general direction of the door, and you walk over and sit down on the bunk beside him, lifting the comic off his face.

“Forgiven?” Daehyun asks, making a kissy-face at you.

“Idiot,” you reply, bending down to give him a quick peck on the lips, only to let out a yelp as his arms pull you down onto his body.

“You’re~ staying here~ and cuddling~” Daehyun sings, rocking you back and forth a bit, grinning as you scowl at him.

“You’re—kinda—obstructing my airflow,” you hack out exaggeratedly, and he loosens his hold enough for you to get your arms free.

“Better?” he asks, and you nod, leaning against his chest and listening to the sound of his heartbeat.