Yongguk - How Could You Forget Me?

B.A.P Scenarios

requested by anon (tumblr)

"Flight 125 to Seoul is now ready for boarding, flight 125 to Seoul is now ready for boarding. First-class and handicapped passengers, please make your way to the boarding area. Thank you."

You grabbed your backpack, straightened out your clothes, and walked over to the boarding area, ready to travel back to your homeland.

It was your first time in ten years that you were returning to Korea, as your father had gotten a job transfer that required you to move to America. You'd always wanted to go back, though, so you decided to apply for college in Korea. To your surprise, you'd actually gotten in, and you definitely wouldn't pass up the opportunity.

You had another reason for wanting to go back to Korea as well...

...a more personal reason.

~*~*~*~*~

"Cookie!"

"Yah, for the last time, my name is Yongguk! Bang! Yong! Guk!"

"Aniyo."

"I'm not gonna play with you any more then!"

"Waaaaah, come back Yongguk-ah! You'll never get to see me again!"

"No, we'll meet again. We have to, okay?"

"I bet you're gonna forget."

"Aniyo, no way!"

"Pinky promise?"

"Okay."

~*~*~*~*~

You departed the plane and hailed a taxi, grateful that your parents had still spoken Korean to you at home so you wouldn't have any language issues.

"Can you take me to Yonsei University, please?"

"Ne."

You stared out the window as the man drove, taking in all the sights of the country you had missed so much over the years.

All of a sudden, though, you saw a huge crowd.

"Ahjusshi, do you know what that's for?" you asked, pointing through the window at the crowd, which mostly seemed to consist of teenage girls.

He shrugged. "Probably for one of those idol groups."

"Idol groups?" When you had left Korea, those were rather scarce. You could only think of a few off the top of your headShinhwa, g.o.d, and VOX. Some people you knew in America liked it, but you hadn't really paid all that much attention to it.

"Yeah. There's been an explosion of those lately. My niece keeps asking me to get her stuff like that. She's into this group, is it B.A... something. Always talking about her 'Yongguk-oppa'!" He rolled his eyes. "We're almost here."

Yongguk... could that possibly be the same person?

~*~*~*~*~

You paid your fare and exited the cab, adjusting your bag over your shoulder and pulling your suitcase behind you—the rest of your things you be delivered later. You made your way to the office, and they directed you to your dorms. Luckily, you had gotten a single dorm, so you were able to unpack and arrange everything as you deemed fit.

Hm... what should I do now? you wondered. You didn't start classes for another week, so you had some time to kill.

Maybe I'll go check out what that giant crowd was for.

~*~*~*~*~

"ANNYEONGHASEYO! WE ARE B! A.P! YES SIR!"

You stood on your tiptoes at the back of the crowd, trying to see what was going on. You had tried to get closer, only to be rudely shoved back by several of the girls. It seemed that they could be quite vicious.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm B.A.P's leader, Bang Yongguk."

How many other people were there in Korea with that name? you wondered, jumping to try and get a better look at his face.

Even though he had oddly dyed hair (was that four colors he had going on there?), and had obviously aged quite a bit since you'd last seen him, there was no mistaking it.

It was definitely the same person.

"We'll be having the fansigning now, please get in the line, as everyone will be able to have their turn, okay?" a dark-haired boy said.

Everyone started moving, and you joined in with them, a tad bit unsure as to what was going on.

Since you were in the very back, it took a long time for you to get to the front, but when you finally did, you let out a relieved sigh.

"Yah, Yongguk-ah, you're an idol now?" you asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yah, Himchan-hyung, who's this girl speaking so informally to Yongguk-hyung?" a boy with blonde and teal hair whispered.

"I dunno."

"...I'm sorry, do I know you?"

Yongguk's face was devoid of all emotion as he looked up at you, no recognition appearing anywhere on his face.

"You're kidding, right?"

"Sorry, I really don't think I've seen you before..."

Your eyes unconsciously began to tear up, but you held them back as you spoke. "I never thought you would be the one to break a promise like this."

"Huh? I don't even know your name..."

"Hmph. Remember it, and remember it well, Bang Yongguk." You hissed your name at him, whirling around on your heel and running.

~*~*~*~*~

Yongguk sat there, frozen.

"Hyung! Yah, hyung, who was that?" Zelo asked him.

Ah, crap.

"Junhong-ah, I gotta go."

And with that, Yongguk rose from the table and bolted after you.

~*~*~*~*~

"Hey! Hey, wait up!"

You heard a man calling you, but you refused to stop running.

Suddenly, you felt someone grab your shoulder. You brought your hand up to slap them away, but their hand held onto yours.

"I'm sorry."

You scoffed. "Sure, you're sorry."

"No, really, I really am! I just seriously didn't recognize you!" he pleaded.

"Are you serious?"

"Of course I am! 'Cause you didn't look this pretty when you left."

"...I'm not sure if you're trying to insult me here or not."

He grinned. "Take it as a compliment."

"If you insist," you replied, smirking. "So, you're an idol now?"

"Yeah."

"What's that like?"

"Lots of girls." He shrugged.

"Seen any you like?" you teased, bumping him on the elbow. Somehow, the two of you had easily lapsed back into your casual ways, joking and smiling with each other.

"Sure."

Your eyes widened. "Really? The Yongguk who swore that girls had cooties for life likes a girl? Tell me, tell me."

He shook his head rapidly, his cheeks quickly turning red. "No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

He mumbled something incoherent, turning away and looking at the ground.

"C'mon, tell me!!!!" you whined, poking his cheek.

"Yah, don't do that, I'm not a boy anymore!"

"Then." poke. "Tell." poke. "Me." poke. "Who." poke. "She." poke. "Is." pokepokepoke.

"YAAAAAH!!! It's you, okay? Leave my face alone!" He swatted your hands away, his cheeks still burning red.

"Me???"

"Yes, you idiot!"

"Hey, don't call me an idiot!"

"Yongguk-hyung's in loooooove!"

"WHEN THE HELL DID YOU GET HERE?" Yongguk whipped around, only to find the rest of his band members standing behind him (and several girls swooning, but they're not important right now.)

"A while ago. You're weird." The tall blonde kid shrugged. "Take care of Yongguk. He needs someone to look after him."

"Yah, what are you, my mom?"

"No. Himchan-hyung is."

"WHY YOU LITTLE—"

"Yongguk, calm down, don't kill the kid."

"Fine, fine," he sulked, still glaring at him.

"You guys should just kiss already," a shorter boy with rather muscular arms mused, his chin thoughtfully.

Yongguk slapped a hand to his forehead. "Not you too."