Jongup - You Were My Sunrise

B.A.P Scenarios

…i like this song. that is all.

Jongup wakes up to the shining sun peeking through his curtains.

To anyone else, it would make them happy that the day is bright and beautiful.

But to him, it’s just another reminder of another day without you.

He lies in bed for several more minutes, his mind blank as he stares up at the ceiling, shadowy patterns shifting across it, the light teasing the darkness in a never-ending dance.

He misses the days when it used to be you and him.

Eventually, he decides that he probably shouldn’t waste another day in bed, throwing back the covers and cringing at the sudden gust of cool air on his body.

He gets ready for the day slowly, his mind a blank, as it is every day now. He shrugs on his jacket with a sigh, and slips on his well-worn Jordans before heading out.

As Jongup walks, he sees numerous couples, hand in hand as they stroll, some of them wearing matching shirts, rings upon their fingers, and nothing short of pure, unadulterated adoration and love for each other in their eyes.

Jongup wants to tell them the truth, that eventually shadows will infiltrate the light, and there won’t be anything left for them, but he bites his tongue and keeps on walking.

Eventually, he reaches his destination, a small cafe that he used to frequent. Junhong is already sitting inside, nursing a piece of cake and pouting.

A bell chimes as Jongup pushes the door open, and Junhong’s head perks up at the sound, and he gestures for Jongup to come over.

"Hey, hyung. What’s up?"

Jongup gives a wry sort of half-smile, and he sits down across from Junhong, stealing the younger’s fork and breaking off a small bite of cake.

"Jongup-hyung, we’re worried about you," Junhong says, frowning as he watches Jongup chew the cake slowly. “You never smile anymore."

"Sure I do."

"No, you don’t."

Jongup smiles, but it’s a ghost of what it used to be, and both he and Junhong know it.

"You’ve got to move on, hyung," Junhong says, his voice soft and what’s probably meant to be soothing. “She’s gone and that’s the end of it."

"I know," Jongup replies, clasping his hands in his lap and swallowing hard.

It still doesn’t chase away the shadows in his heart.