chapter *9*

When My Nerd Became An Idol But I Can't Be His 'ANGEL' (HIATUS)

Lee Byunghyun smiles happily. For the first time, he becomes excited to come to the school after so many years, he always got bullies from others. His parents also feel suspicious on what happened to their only one son. But Lee Byunghyun never cares. Because now he has… his cheeks become red when he remembers about Ayuni noona.  Shy.

From a far, Byunghyun can see Ayuni Noona was chatting with her friends. She looks beautiful with her smile…and her sweet laugh.

“Err…Hi Noona..good morning..” greet Byunghyun. More shy. His face red likes tomato. He looked down, no brave to do eye contact with her.

“Oh…Byunghyun-ah…you’re coming. Good morning.” said Ayuni friendly.

But her friends give –what.-the-hell…- look to both of them.

“Yunnie-ah..is it true about the rumor now you hanging out with this chubby nerd?” Ask one of her friend.

Byunghyun’s face changed. Pale. His pride hurt when heard words ‘this chubby nerd’.

Ayuni just smile.”Yah…don’t said that rude words. He also human like us. People always can be change. What’s wrong with him? I think he’s cute…” Ayuni give a winked to Byunghyun while smile to her friends.

*Cute? Noona said I’m cute?* Byunghyun can’t hide his smile. He looks so happy.

“Aish.. I don’t get what you look at him…I think you should wear lenses. Your eyes can’t see properly.”

The bell is ringing. Time to class.

“Byunghyun-ah…see you again during lunch time okay?” Said Ayuni, waved to him before proceed to her class.

He nodded quickly and smile.

 

Lunch time at the cafeteria..

 

Byunghun look around. Try to find Ayuni noona. She promised him to meet during lunch. But what he gets is stare and glare from other students. Well, honestly this is just a few times, he come to cafeteria. Usually, he will have lunch alone at somewhere. The students don’t like him. Seeing him at cafeteria make them lost their appetite. He also got bully before. They’re thrown away his food to rubbish bin. That’s rude but no one want help him then.

No Ayuni noona.

Byunghun felt frustrated and out of there. But suddenly, someone poke his shoulder from behind. He lifted his head, surprise.

“Byunghun-ah! Noona calling you many times, why not reply?” Ayuni pouted. She looks so cute when sulked.

“Noona…” Byunghun’s face turned red just seeing Ayuni noona. He looks down again. Until now, he can’t have the eyes contact. Ayuni noona’s eyes too shining and beautiful make him cannot to do it.

“Come on… noona treat you a best meal today.” Ayuni dragged Byunghyun by hug his arm. Her action makes the students dumbfounded. They are start whispered by them.

“So the rumor is truth…”

“Huh? What the lucky chubby nerd…get along with our queenka..”

“What's Ayuni sunbae get by hang out with him? So… disgusting…”

Byunghun heard that. He becomes sad and uneasy. He feels sorry to Ayuni noona.

Yes! Ayuni noona is the queenka in this school. Everyone respect to her. She’s not like other queenka. She’s beautiful, kind, friendly, and soft. No one ever heard she raise her voice to others. She always smiles. Even have bad things happened to her. She never gets angry easily.

He stares to Ayuni noona if those words make her hurt. But he only can see a smile at her lips. She fully ignores the badmouthing!

“Don’t ever care what others say…” She knew Byunghun thinking and whispered at his ears.

Byunghun surprises. *noona know what I feel?*

Ayuni just chuckled. Then, look at Byunghun and show her beautiful smile. Byunghun mesmerized but enough make him look down again. Shy. His heart jumped!  His face was red like cute tomato.

Ayuni give a short glare to Byunghun. She feels so happy. Now, she did not care what others say.

 It’s enough! This year is her final year at high school. After this, no more time to be close with this cute boy. And she also no more change to protect him.

She's not blind like others said. She has good eyes that are why she can see clearly. This cute boy…this Byunghun is so special. She knew it from the first time she meet him. That’s why…she will do anything to protect him…from deeply of her heart!

*Because… noona like you!*

Ayuni can’t hide her smile. But she doesn’t knows… the happiness that she gained is not for longer.