chapter *18*

When My Nerd Became An Idol But I Can't Be His 'ANGEL' (HIATUS)

The door opened.

Niel and Jieun are rushing enter the room but they see no one. No Ayuni.

Jieun become more panic. “Where is unnie?”

Niel looked around before his eyes catches the broken glass in one corner..and blood on the floor. He runs to beside the bed. Followed by Jieun from behind.

“Noona!” Niel screams.

“Unnie! Oh my God!” Jieun covered with hands. Shocked.

Ayuni was lying on the floor with tears in her eyes. Her left wrist has a wound. She looks so weak but still breathes. Her eyes blink several times.

“Unnie!” Jieun wake Ayuni’s body up. “What are you doing, unnie?”

Niel checks the wound and he relief that wound not so big even the floor full with the blood. Together with Jieun, they pulled Ayuni’s body up to the bed.

No responds from Ayuni.

“We need to treat this wound. Bring me warm water and the first aid..”

Jieun nods and run to downstairs.

 

Niel looked at Ayuni and rubbing her faces slowly. Ayuni close her eyes. Warm. It has been a long time, she never feel this feeling from someone who important in her life. Niel. Her best friend. She miss him a lot.

“Hey..I’m here. Why are you doing this, noona?” Niel whispered.

“I’m dirty…” Ayuni looked away. Not dare to face up with Niel.

“Syyhhh.. don’t say like that, noona.” Niel put his finger on her lips. Sign to her not saying that words again.

“I’m sorry… I should be protect you but I just care with my dreams..” Niel’s face fell. Ayuni changed her look to Niel later. They meet eyes together. Niel give her a beautiful smile. Seeing the smile make Ayuni feel something.. she feel worried, will Niel and Byunghun will accept herself again?

Ayuni cried again.

For many years, she never cries in front other peoples. She always smiled. Always pretend strong. Even the trauma never let her live happily with new life, she never show her loneliness and painful to others. But, today…she lost. Meet with Niel and Byunghun again make she lost.

“It’s hurt, Niel.. “ Ayuni cried so loud. She says that word. Finally.

Make Niel hurt too.

He pulled Ayuni into his chest. He hug her with tighten.

“I’m sorry..noona..”

“What should I do? Please tell me..Niel-ah.. what should I do? I hate myself. I’m so dirty.. I hate myself..”

“You’re not dirty, noona.. For me, you always like an angel. The kind girl who always helping people…always smiled..you never give up till you get what you want.. You’re the one who always with Byunghun and me when people looked down on us. You’re the only one who believe with us..and our dreams.. You’re the only one who protect us with your heart.. But we’re never there when you need us. We’re the worst one..I’m sorry, noona.. I will do anything to protect you..”

Ayuni shook her head. She plants her face on Niel’s chest. “Byunghyun will hate me…”

“He love you, noona..”

“He will hate me if he know what happened to me..”

Niel suddenly silent. He not sure what should he answer her. Ayuni is correct. Byunghun do not know anything about that. Until now, that friend still does not know the reason why Ayuni leave him before.

“Trust me. He will understand. That time, you leave him to me because you want to protect him.. You do not want the loan shark to find him too.. You want to protect him, remember?”

“You hate me too..”

“I never hate you, noona! I always love you…”

Ayuni stops crying but still hugging Niel. Her left hand feel soar but she not care about it. She already felt the worst than that. That small wound is just nothing to her.

“I always love you, noona…” Niel whispered again.

*Yes.. I love you, noona. Even your eyes only looked at Byunghun..but I always looked at you..*

“Please don’t leave me.. I’m scared..” Ayuni’s eyes become so heavy suddenly.

Niel’s face change when he feel that Ayuni not hugging him again. Weird.

“Noona.. are you okay?” Niel suddenly in shocked when Ayuni give no responses.

But he smiled when heard the soft snoring from Ayuni. She fell asleep again. He laid down Ayuno on the bed back. He wiped the tears on the cheek. Her eyes began to swell. Niel soften. He leaned a kiss on her eyes.

*Don’t worry, noona. It’s gonna be okay. Please don’t give up your life. Please become the old you. I want to see your smile again. Trust me.. I will not leave you alone. I will protect you this time..*

Niel touched the wound. The blood was stops but he feels curious why Ayuni’s sister still not coming yet.

 

Jieun stunned.

She leaned at the wall outside the room.

She heard everything. But she feel something uneasy inside her heart. Jealousy.

Is it wrong?

She feels jealous with Niel. Her unnie revealed everything towards Niel but not her. She love Ayuni even have no blood relationship between them.

But at the same time, she feel happy. At least her unnie will not live alone with her painful again. Jieun smiled. Cried in happiness.

“Unnie, I love you too.. please don’t be give up..” Jieun whispered alone.

 

 

L.joe already arrives at home. Ricky is the first one who attack him asked where he goes earlier. But L.joe just smiled. His face look different compared this morning. He looks so happy.

“Hyung..you're not together with Niel hyung?” suddenly Changjo asked. Curious.

L.joe is blinking in questions.

“He's not with me..”

“Really? But he follow you before. It’s already late. Where are hyung go?”

Just in time, L.joe’s cell phone suddenly ringing. From Niel.

“Oh..Niel! Where are you now?” L.joe answered.

“I have something to tell you..” Niel’s voice kindly sound different.

“What is that? Why not you just back home and you tell me later?”

“It’s about Ayuni noona…”

L.joe shocked. *Is something happened to her?*

“Do you meet with her?”

“I’m with her right now..”

“What? Why?”

Niel do not know that Ayuni already meet with L.joe before that. Therefore, after thinking, he decides to tell everything to L.joe even Ayuni will not allow him. He can’t keep this secret anymore. L.joe need to know. He deserves to know it. It’s depend on him after this but for sure, he will not leave Ayuni again.

“Noona try killed herself..”

His world stopped.