Thirty-sixth Click

「Untitled」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I woke up, hand running along the cottony sheets of Chanyoel’s bed. I was half-expecting Chanyeol’s body to be close by, but it wasn’t. Was he awake already? I turned around, eyes slowly fluttering open to have a good look at the state of things. There was the light coming from the windows and a silence that creeped me out.

Lifting my torso up with one elbow, I rubbed my eyes and ran a hand through my hair, trying to focus my vision on the room before me. “Chanyeol…?”

He was not in the room. He just left me here! , to boot! I frowned; this wasn’t exactly how I wanted to wake up right after last night.

I sat on his bed for a good three minutes, wondering how I’m going to get out of his room when my clothes miraculously disappeared. I swear I remember them being on the floor but now they weren’t. That giraffe must’ve taken them out or something. Then where does that leave me?

Just then, the door opens and in steps Chanyeol, looking fresh with a towel around his head and a new set of clothes on his body. In his arms were my clothes – freshly laundered and ironed out.

“Oh,” He said softly, before his eyes darted to my torso and then his cheeks flourished dramatically. “S-Sorry. H-Here.” He said, extending his arm out to hand me my clothes.

“…” I smiled, taking the clothes. “Thank you.”

“…” He responded with silence as he quickly ran back to his door to lock it. “My parents aren’t home yet but I just want to be sure.”

“What?” I said, putting on my shirt. “What are you saying? It’s like I’m some illegal boyfriend in a daughter’s room or something.”

“You’re not!” Chanyeol spat before he could stop himself. “I mean… I’m not even a girl… and you’re not… my…”

“…” My mouth opened and closed. Ah, of course. We broke up. “… It didn’t seem that way last night.”

“…” Chanyeol turned his head to the side. “Please get dressed, hyung. You can still make it in time for graduation practices.”

I stood up and put on my pants. After buckling and securing my belt, I walked towards him, “There’s still plenty of time for that.”

He pursed his lips, standing still on the same place. When I was right in front of him, I lifted up a hand and brushed his cheek gently with my thumb. “I didn’t think you’d know about my schedule.”

“..!” Chanyeol blushed, pulling his face away from my touch. “No! I just..! I just happened to remember it!”

“You really at lying.” I teased.

“Hyung!” Chanyeol hissed before shaking his head frustratingly and walking past me. However, I grabbed his arm, stopping him.”Whoa!” He wobbled back and landed right into my arms.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, keeping him in place. Chanyeol tensed and before long, I was feeling the need to pin him down on the bed again.

“Chanyeol…” I whispered and I felt his hands that were holding onto my shirt, tighten. “Chanyeol, please don’t tell me to go.”

“…” Chanyeol kept quiet in response.

“Please tell me why you broke up with me.” I insisted. “You tell me we’re done but I don’t want to believe that without a single concrete reason.”

“Hyung…” Chanyeol’s deep and soft voice boggled my mind.

“At least tell me…” I whispered, pleading him to say something in relation to that issue. I felt his breath hitch at our contact and my heart sped again. “Chanyeol…”

“Um…” He blushed as he tried to pull away from me. “Hyung, stop. You have to go.”

“Not yet.” I insisted, pulling him back into my arms but he took a big step back and ran a hand through his hair, as if trying to calm and control himself again.

“Y-You have to go.” He said, his voice shaking slightly.

I was about to say something when I heard the front door of his house open. Chanyeol made a little noise that indicated he knew who it was. I turned around to face the door and then turned around to meet Chanyeol’s wide eyes.

“Hyung…! You have to go!” He hissed at me, walking towards me and grabbing my arm.

 “Well, I’d have to pass by this door, right?” I said, causing him to blink and look around, his eyes darting to the door. “You’re not telling me to get out through that. Chanyeol, your parents know me. I don’t think I have to hide like this.”

“B-But…” He blushed. Just like that, there was a knock on the door. “Ah!”

“Chanyeol?” His mother’s voice echoed from behind the door. “What are you doing there?”

“N-Nothing.” He said, stumbling forward a bit as he opened the door slightly. “I…”

“What’s going on there?” She said, tilting her head and then her eyes widened. “Is that Yifan?”

“Hello, good morning.” I greeted with a warm smile, causing Chanyeol to grumble under his breath.

“Oh, Yifan! What are you doing here so early?”

“I…” My voice faded as I tried to think of an excuse. “I just stopped by to visit.”

“Really? But I thought Chanyeol was going to stop by your house later for--”

“MOM!” Chanyeol piped in suddenly

Chanyeol’s mother blinked her eyes as she turned to face her son who made a face that told her to shut up. She tilted her head before turning back to face me. But I turned to face Chanyeol who tensed and took a big gulp.

“H-He did.” He said simply. “I… Yeah.”

Chanyeol’s really bad at lying. I thought to myself as I chuckled, taking a step forward. “Sorry for the trouble. I’ll head back then.”

“Oh~ How about some breakfast?” His mother rang, clapping her hands and turning around to leave. “Seriously, Chanyeol. If Yifan was coming over, the least you could’ve done was tell us!”

“S-Sorry.” Chanyeol mumbled and then his mother left. He turned to face me and I tilted my head.

“What was that about coming to my house?” I asked, a little smug.

“…” He looked cornered as he whimpered. “Nothing. I… I was just going to say hi to your parents.”

“How many times do I have to tell you how bad of a liar you are?”

“…” He made a face and grumbled under his breath. “I… Sorry.”

“What?”

“I didn’t know you found out about my moving out of the dorm so I was going to leave the message to your parents.” He said lamely and I sighed.

“You could’ve just sent me a message.”

“I…” He looked away. “I didn’t want to come into contact with you.”

“…”

“… I thought if I did…” He lifted up his shoulders, as if to hide his long neck and face as he looked embarrassed, his back facing me. “… I’d realize how much I’d want to talk to you more.”

My eyes glowed suddenly as I listened to him. Now that was the Chanyeol I know. That honest and innocence that pulled my heartstrings to their limits. “Chanyeol.”

“I mean! Look at what happened last night!” He squeaked, his voice an octave higher. “You just leaned towards me and before I knew it… well… yeah… ugh! I knew it.”

I was walking towards him as he began to rant out his little frustrations on what happened last night. In seconds, I was right behind him and I sneakily wrapped my arms around his torso, pecking a kiss at the back of his head. I felt him tense and I suppressed a chuckle.

“You’re really…” I whispered before I took a sigh. “Chanyeol…”

“Um…” He mumbled. “W-We should go down. Breakfast.”

I closed my eyes and smiled to myself. “You’re right.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter