Love is better the second time around

Love is better the second time around

“Have you heard?” Heechul rushed into his office to ask excitedly.

“Heard what?” Siwon asks without raising his head from the report he is reading.

“We are getting a special bonus!” Heechul declared happily. “Our team has achieved the best results this quarter so we are getting the bonus!”

“That’s great!” Siwon exclaimed happily.

“So what plans have you for that sum of money?” Heechul asks deviously.

“Hmmm? I haven’t thought of it yet.” Siwon admits.

“I bet you are going to give it all to Beauty and let him put it into your joint retirement account or something.” Heechul said. Siwon looked at him in surprise. “Married couples are so boring! That’s all they think about.”

“We do not!” Siwon argues hotly. “Well, not all the time.” He admits guiltily.

“Ha! It’s not like the first thing you thought of was to get him nice y lingerie.” Heechul teased cruelly.

“Chullie, he doesn’t wear lingerie.” Siwon said pointedly.

“Yah well, you got my drift. Boring married man, you cramp my style. I’m outta here!”

Siwon watched as Heechul sashays out of his office. He’s right, I should do something nice for Kyu with the extra money.

Pulling out his phone, he dialled his wife’s number. “Baby?”

“Yes?” Kyuhyun’s reply is short but breathless.

Siwon frowned. “Are you feeling okay, baby? You sound breathless.”

“I’m fine. I just threw up.” Kyuhyun replied rather dispassionately. “What’s up?”

“I think we should go to the doctor, babe.”

“I will, when my work schedule slows down in a week or so.” Kyuhyun said firmly. “Now what is it you wanted to tell me?”

“Oh, yes. Our team won the special bonus this quarter! I was thinking of getting you something nice. So I wanna check with you what you would like.”

“That’s great, Wonnie! Congratulations!”

“Thanks babe!” Siwon grinned like a silly goofball he is.

“We should save the money up.” Siwon hears Kyuhyun mutters absently to himself, no doubt making a few quick calculations on how to split the money.

“Yes, baby, but ~” Siwon begins to disapproves.  

“And we will need to get mom and dad a gift.”

“Yes, babe, but ~”

“And I think you could do with a couple of new work shirts.”

“Yes, babe, but what about you?” Siwon finally managed to squeeze into Kyuhyun’s monologue.

“Me?” Kyuhyun exclaimed in surprise. “I don’t think I need anything.”

Siwon suppressed a sigh but he rolled his eyes. “Ok babe.” He concedes reluctantly.

“I’ll send a gourmet basket to mom and a sweater to dad. Is that okay, Wonnie?”

“That’s great, babe.”

“Okay, I’ll call the gift company later. I have to go now.”

“Okay babe, see you later babe.”

Ending the call, Siwon no longer felt as excited about his special bonus now.

So this is how it feels to be married? He thought with a pout.

@

“Baby, I’m home!” Siwon announced after entering his home.

“I’m in the kitchen!” Kyuhyun calls from within. Leaving his briefcase, Siwon headed for the kitchen. “Welcome home, Wonnie.” Kyuhyun turned to greet.

Siwon lost his ability to answer, totally taken by the apron-clad boy standing at the stove stirring something in a pot. Kyuhyun has changed into a t-shirt and shorts and on his nose perched his usual pair of heavy black-rimmed glasses.

“What are you making?” Siwon asks curiously moving close to peer into the pot.

“I’m heating up some take out soup.” Kyuhyun smiled ruefully.

“Hmmm….I prefer something au natural.” Siwon hummed as he moved even closer.

Au natural?” Kyuhyun is still confused when Siwon sweep him into his arms.

“Y.o.u.” Siwon smirked.

“Oh.” Realisation hits Kyuhyun and he starts to giggle as Siwon nuzzles his collarbone. Pinned to the edge of the kitchen counter, he fists Siwon’s shirt he Siwon d him hungrily.

“Baby, I’m hungry.” Siwon whined cutely. Kyuhyun chuckled as he pecks at the silly pout on Siwon’s face before fumbling with the stove knobs to turn it off.

“Let’s go ~” He whispers playfully pushing himself out of Siwon’s arms and making a trail for their bedroom with an eager puppy bounding after him.

@

Siwon to his back with a satisfied smile on his face. Their love-making was as incredible as usual. Although Kyuhyun is not as adventurous as he was during their honeymoon, his body is no less responsive to Siwon’s touch.

“You are incredi ~” Siwon turned to whisper into Kyuhyun’s ear and is taken aback when Kyuhyun scrambled out of bed in a great hurry and sprint into the bathroom.

Siwon followed anxiously. “Baby? Are you alright? Baby?” He asks the man bent over the sink retching. Kyuhyun raised a shaky hand in reply as the retching intensified. Siwon caught the hand to realise how cold it felt. With the other hand he rubs comforting circles on his perspiration covered back.

“Baby, we must go to the doctor today.” Siwon urged worriedly after carrying his wife back to bed and laying him down to rest.

“Not today ~” Kyuhyun mutters tiredly.

“No baby, today.” Siwon insists.

“You have an early flight tomorrow morning. Come to bed.” Kyuhyun said closing his eyes intending to go to sleep.

“But ~”

“I’ll go to the clinic in a couple of days.” Kyuhyun’s voice falters as he drops off to sleep.

@

“Have you taken your dinner, baby?” Siwon asked anxiously over the phone.

“Ahuh.”

“What did you have?”

“A salad, and a cup of juice.”

“What?! I thought Hyukkie was supposed to bring you soup and steak?” Siwon sounded upset.

“He did, Wonnie. I just couldn’t eat.” Kyuhyun explained hurriedly.

Siwon sighed. “You haven’t visited the doctor yet, baby?”

“I-I was busy.” Kyuhyun stammered guiltily.

“It has been almost 3 months since you became ill ~”

“…..”

Siwon remained silent out of frustration on the other end of the line.

“When are you coming home, Wonnie?” Kyuhyun finally spoke up. Siwon felt himself melting at the desperate longing in his voice.

“You miss me, babe?” He asks anyway.

“I will wake up in the middle of the night and find the bed empty……and I couldn’t go back to sleep after that.” Kyuhyun replied in a soft whisper, voice cracking up.

“My poor darling…..” Siwon uttered heartbreakingly. “You are not having enough rest!”

“I can’t help it, Wonnie. I miss you.”

“And I miss you too.”

“Come home soon please, Wonnie?”

“Two more days, baby, and I will be home.” Siwon assures the sad man.