Please Don't Leave Me

The Case Of The Weird School

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye walked along the streets at the park while admiring the starry night and the cold wind. Suddenly, Yong Hwa stopped, and Shin Hye looked at him.

"Hm? Wae?" she asked.

Yong Hwa looked at her sadly.

"Min Hyuk had spoken with Yeon Seo-noona's landlady, and they had struck a deal regarding one apartment near the university where we will be enrolling," he told her the bad news.

As a teacher, Shin Hye was proud that all her students had gotten high scores during the CSAT. As a teacher, she was proud of the independence that her students acquired. Now, here are four guys who were dealing with adult life, finding their own apartment to be near the school. But as a girlfriend, it will mean not seeing him for weeks, and having a long-distance relationship even if they were just around Seoul.

She would rather be his teacher for now. When he is all grown up, she will be the lover that he needs.

"That's good, then," she said.

"Noona... Noona is not sad that I will be leaving Harabeoji's house?" he asked her.

"As a girlfriend, of course, I am sad," she told him. "But as a teacher, I know you are thinking what is best for you. Please understand me.... As of this moment, I am thinking in a teacher's point of view. I cannot let emotions rule over me, not when..."

"Not when, what?" he asked.

"Not when I had been starting to miss you even if you had not graduated yet," she said.

"Noona...."

Shin Hye wrapped her arms around him and buried her face into his chest.

"It is always the teacher's fate to be left by her students. Memories are made, memories hurt, memories make us smile," she said. "But I had never experienced such a one that I had to be hurting during graduation just because one student is a lover."

He could hear her sniffles, and he could feel her shoulders shaking. Indeed. It was difficult to be both rational and emotional at the same time. He wrapped his arms around her and buried his face onto her hair.

"Arasseo," he whispered. "I do not understand your feelings as a teacher, but as a student, I know that I may have a lot of bad memories as a student, but high school had left me with memories, nonetheless."

Both of them released from their hugs, and he wiped the tears from her eyes. He held her hand and smiled at her.

"Noona, uljima (don't cry)," he whispered.

Both of them started to walk, but Shin Hye pulled her hand away, and stopped walking. Yong Hwa stopped, but did not turn around to look at his girlfriend. Even his heart was being heavy already. Suddenly, he felt her give him a back hug, her face buried to his back.

"I cannot ask my students to leave because I want them to fly away happy and succcessful.... but as a girlfriend...." she begged. "Nareul tteonajima (Please don't leave me)."

He shed his tears too as he held her hands, still his back facing hers.

"As a student, I will be leaving you to pursue my studies, but as a boyfriend, I will stay," he said.

He held her hand, then brought it to his lips. He, then, released her from her backhug so he can look at her. He wiped the tears off her face and told her something she should not forget.

"Please wait for me, Noona," he said. "I will grow up and be your lover, and not even age can dictate us."

"Bulmae Jung...." she cried.

Yong Hwa pulled her close and caressed her face. Shin Hye looked at him, then closed her eyes, parting her lips a bit. Yong Hwa was enticed with what he saw that he leaned in closer to give her some soft and tender kisses.

As he broke from the kiss, he would whisper to her.

"Neoreul saranghae."

Then, both of them continued kissing each other painfully, lovingly, tenderly.

 

~~~