Bad Boys Can Be Sweet

The Case Of The Weird School

The guys were walking to school. While Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk were brooding over another day of  having to see the other three guys, Yong Hwa was in a good mood, smiling to himself. He remembered braiding Shin Hye's hair the night before and untangling them slowly as he looked into her eyes.

Jung Shin, meanwhile, was frowning. When he saw Yong Hwa's pleased mood, he suddenly remembered the way Shin Hye was looking at him after he got out from the bathroom. 

Flashback:

Jung Shin got out of the bathroom, and he saw the teacher looking at him in great adoration.

"Oh, Jung Shin-ah, I love your hair..." Shin Hye crooned.

Jung Shin got his wet hair and looked at his teacher.

"Ssaem, nothing is special about my hair," he said, deadpan.

Shin Hye began to examine his long hair.

"You must have been loved by Yong Hwa a lot..." she crooned.

"EH????"

"Having your hair braided in the past... no wonder he braided my hair so nicely last night..." she confessed.

"Ah...ne..." Jung Shin sourly replied before running back to his room.

End of flashback.

****

Jung Shin got a rolled-up newspaper out of nowhere and whacked Yong Hwa with it, and Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun woke up from their dream.

"Mwoya!" Yong Hwa asked in anger.

"What did you tell Ssaem? Why was she telling me that you used to braid my hair?"

Yong Hwa began to laugh, deadpan. 

"Oh, that? It's as if you don't know, Jung Shin-ah... You have no imagination," he told Jung Shin. "I am a bad guy, but I am a smooth lover. I will try to find ways to get closer to my girl."

"Eh? And that is?"

"To try to find ways to touch her hair and look into her eyes," Yong Hwa said.

"Oh, so that was why I found some bunch of annoying yarns under your pillow," Min Hyuk burbled nonchalantly.

"Geurae!" Yong Hwa bragged. "What is the use of YouTube?"

"And I was thinking you were practicing to be a shaman," Jong Hyun joked in dry humor.

"Ya!" Yong Hwa retorted at Jong Hyun.

"I have a feeling you told Ssaem I am gay," Jung Shin frowned.

"I didn't!" Yong Hwa protested. "I just told her you used to have super long hair, but you don't want to be gay, so you kept your hair to that length."

"Ah, so you really thought of me as gay?" Jung Shin asked as he slapped his cousin with the newspaper.

"Ya! Ya! Jung Shin-ah, it is as if you do not know how to please a girl!" Yong Hwa said to his cousin.

"Ohhhh, so the guys fight among themselves," a taunting voice piped up.

The four looked on to see Soo Hyun, Seulong, and Jin Woon. From the background, Jo Kwon was waving at the four, and pulling Jin Woon along.

"Chingu-ya, gaja," Jo Kwon whispered to his friends.

"Jeori ga (Leave)!" Seulong told Jo Kwon.

(Oooohhh...it reminds me... Changmin is lacking, and I can form 2AM already! Jo Kwon, Seulong, and Jin Woon are present!)

The other guy scampered off to avoid being involved. Yong Hwa looked around to see their other classmates looking on in anxiety.

"Oohhhhh, what is this again?" a girly voice piped up.

When the seven of them looked on, it was Shin Hye. And she was shaking her head.

The three did not notice anything strange, but Yong Hwa and his cousins noticed that Shin Hye braided her hair, in the style of mermaid tail side braid.

(Thanks, YouTube, for the braid tutorial! ^_^)

For Yong Hwa, his heart was racing faster, and he felt his cheeks heating up. She looked so beautiful.

"Are you going to fight again?" she told them.

Seulong and Jin Woon bowed and scampered off. Soo Hyun looked at Shin Hye in contempt before attempting to walk away.

"Eodi ga (Where are you going)?" she asked.

"Cut class," he said.

Shin Hye waited for him to pass by her, and when he did, she pulled him by the collar, and dragged him to the classroom. Suzy cried on Fei's shoulders to see her beloved Soo Hyun being maltreated. Yong Hwa and his cousins grimly got in the campus, and Jung Shin threw his newspaper in the trashbin. He will need to wield another one out of thin air when needed.

****

After classes, Seulong went out with Min and had a date with her. Jin Woon invited Jia to come along with them, much to CL's jealousy. But she cannot tell Jin Woon to stop because she would be going to her work at Shi Hoo's law firm. She was also afraid to confess that she loved him dearly. Suzy, being heartbroken because Soo Hyun never looked at her, went with Fei, Minzy, and Jo Kwon for some patbingsu.

Meanwhile, Soo Hyun went back to the cherry park to hang out. Though there were no beautiful blossoms anymore, he still lingered there to remember his night with Hana.

His phone vibrated, and he grabbed to see a call from her. He lit up a smile, and answered the phone. For hours, they were talking like there was no tomorrow.

"Will you go out on a date with me?" he asked her.

"Oi, but you are in Korea, and I am here in Japan," Hana Fleur said from the other line.

"It is almost summer," Soo Hyun said. "I will go to Japan for a vacation. My classmates ."

Hana laughed over the other line.

"Don't be too harsh, Soyon-kun," she demurely replied.

****

"Annyeong," Yeon Seo said to some bunch of girls as she went out of the campus with her two friends.

Just then, the three of them saw Min Hyuk standing in front of them, and he was holding something behind his back.

"Oh, Min Hyuk-ah?" Yeon Seo asked, acting rightly as a noona.

"Kyeopta...." her friends crooned.

But Min Hyuk still did not smile. He came forward, bent a knee, and offered her a bouquet of roses.

"Awww...you are wicked, Yeon Seo-ya," one of her friends said with a grin. "You managed to steal a high school student!"

Yeon Seo unabashedly took the flowers from Min Hyuk and kissed his lips in front of her friends.

"Whoah!!!!"

"Well girls, meet my boyfriend, Kang Min Hyuk," Yeon Seo said.

"Jinjja????" her friends said.

"We thought you were just playing around with a high school guy!"

Min Hyuk greeted the noonas politely, then Yeon Seo said to her friends that she and her boyfriend will be having a hot date. Her friends sighed in envy. As the lovers linked arms, Yeon Seo leaned on her younger lover's shoulder.

"I will no longer hide our relationship," she told Min Hyuk. 

"Jinjja?" he asked.

"So what if you are a high school student? You will be in college next year, and three years' gap is no biggie," she said.

"Majayo, Noona," he said.

She looked back at him as she bragged to him the roses he gave her, and he leaned forward to give her a soft and tender kiss.

****

Jong Hyun was talking with Victoria outside the school gates when Hitomi arrived. Victoria called out the Japanese to speak out her mind.

"I don't know what you have been feeding Jong Hyun for him to hate me a lot," Victoria said to Hitomi.

"Noona, it was you who broke up with me even if I held on to you," Jong Hyun told Victoria. "Do not mess things around."

"I was just listening to him," Hitomi told Victoria. "I did not feed anything to his mind."

"Stop yearning for me, Victoria-noona," Jong Hyun said. "Find some new boy toy."

"If I could snatch you back and make you my boy toy again," Victoria said.

Hitomi slapped Victoria hard, and the latter looked at the former in great anger.

"Is that how you look at my namjachingu?" Hitomi asked in hurt. "Everytime he talked about you, I listened. I was his friend. I am his friend. And even though he is already my namjachingu, I continue to be his friend. That is why I cannot dare look at him the way you look at him."

The words "my namjachingu" hurt Victoria a lot.

It made her realize that Jong Hyun, really, was never hers anymore.

"If you can't respect guys, they will not respect you," Hitomi said. And to Jong Hyun, "Gaja."

Jong Hyun held Hitomi's hand, and they went away, leaving Victoria extremely jealous and bitter. And from the background, she saw lots of girls gossiping.

"Jong Hyun used to be a noona's boy toy?"

"He is taken? Waaaaaaaa!!!!"

"I can't believe he has a girlfriend already T_T."

Victoria loves gossips and gossiping, but she hated it if she was the subject. She gave each girl an angry glare before walking away.

****

Jong Hyun and Hitomi went to the mall to catch the Cosplay and BJD event that Alodia was organizing, and they knew that with Alodia came the obssessed Nana.

Indeed, Nana was among the VIPs, with Jung Shin too. The two of them fell in line to get the cosplayer's autograph, though Jung Shin still was not sure why he should idolize her. Meanwhile, the vampire guy and the Japanese girl looked on the event like onlookers who really did not know why they were there in the first place.

"Miss Alodia!!!!" Nana screamed as she approached the table where Alodia was seated. "I am a great fan of yours!!!!"

"Thank you very much," Alodia said. "I always see you in my events. I am so honored."

"Ohhhh... Saranghaeyo, Miss Alodia," Nana squealed again.

Nana looked excitedly as her idol signed her autograph. After Nana came Jung Shin, and Alodia smiled at him as she signed her name.

"Your girlfriend is really adorable, and you too," Alodia remarked.

"Ah...ne...gamsahamnida," Jung Shin replied, forgetting that he was talking to a Filipino-Chinese celebrity.

"How come you never smile?" Alodia pouted cutely.

"He never smiled," Nana answered with an apologetic smile.

"May I sing on-stage?" Jung Shin asked Alodia.

"Sing? Of course!" Alodia answered.

"Oppa, let's sing together!" Nana said.

"Ani, Miss Alodia and I will be singing for you," Jung Shin said.

"And your name is?"

"Lee Jung Shin."

After the fansigning, Alodia went back to the stage to display her cuteness. Later on, she announced that a fan had wanted to sing onstage, and she called on Jung Shin. When the vampire prince came up on stage, the guys sneered when they felt the coldness of the environment, and the lights of the mall went out, the bulbs shattering.

"Jinjja?" Hitomi asked Jong Hyun.

"I could break light bulbs too, you know," Jong Hyun said.

And taking advantage of the dark, he pulled his girlfriend for a sweet and tender kiss. After their kiss, the lights again.

"Awwww...he is cute," the girls squealed when they saw Jung Shin on stage.

Alodia came to him and whispered something, and he nodded.

"I will be dedicating this song to my girlfriend," Jung Shin said to the crowd.

The girls cried to learn that he was taken, and the guys smirked. Jung Shin looked at Nana and poured out his heart. He definitely did not have a nice voice to begin with, but his emotions were real that the people, including the crowd, were moved to tears.

He sang to David Pomeranz's "Ordinary Song."

And after the song, Nana sobbed and clapped her hands. It was the sweetest thing that her simple boyfriend had done for her, and the crowd clapped with her as well.

"Thank you for that special number, Mr. Lee," Alodia said with a smile. "My mascara must have been smudged!"

And the crowd laughed at her remark.

"It is so sweet," Alodia remarked. "I hope all guys will be this sweet!"

She clapped her hands, and the crowd clapped with her again. Jung Shin got down and was met with a tight hug from Nana.

****

Yong Hwa bought five cups of yogurt for his ladylove, but because she was a teacher, she was so busy that she came home late. He ate dinner with the rest of the gang, and Harabeoji was telling him that Geun Suk apologized.

"For what?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Your Uncle wanted all of you to enjoy summer, and he thought that you might not like spending summer in his house," Harabeoji said.

"I was thinking of flying to Busan," Yong Hwa said. "I am from Busan, after all."

The old man laughed in spite of himself.

"Your Uncle was kowtowing and requesting if you all could spend your summer here in the house," Harabeoji said.

"Ne?"

"Would you not like that?" Harabeoji asked. "My family is from Yeosu, and we had not had a vacation there in years. I think Shin Hye might want to take some time off too, and if the four of you will be staying here, we will invite you to Yeosu."

"Ah...gamsahamnida," Yong Hwa said with a smile.

Harabeoji knew why he had to keep Yong Hwa from leaving. The old man wanted to experience the nosebleeds that Jom Bi kept on getting from watching the sweetness that Yong Hwa and Shin Hye were displaying.

Though the old man prevented the two from PDAs, the two could not help it, and the henchmen had to prepare lots of paper napkins and ice. And Harabeoji wanted to see how Yong Hwa could take care of his granddaughter.

"I am home," the tired Shin Hye announced.

"Eung, wasseo (You came)?" Harabeoji asked.

"Ne..." she replied.

She took her place at her usual seat at table, and silently ate dinner. She was so tired she was not in the mood to speak to anyone.

****

Shin Hye dragged herself to the bathroom to render some warm bath before she went to bed. And after her bath, she changed into a cute tee and super short shorts to bed. She really wanted to sleep right now, which was why she put off even the lamp near her bed. Just then, a knock came from the door, and when she opened, it was Jom Bi.

"Seonsaengnim, gwaenchanheuseyo?" the zombie man asked.

"Ne. Wae?"

Jom Bi smelled the air.

"I smell a vampire in your room," Jom Bi whispered. 

"You smell?" she asked.

"I will forgive that vampire for intruding, but Harabeoji will be displeased," the zombie said. "You know. Hmmmm...."

"I don't see any..."

"Look!" the zombie piped up. "There he goes out your window!"

Shin Hye turned to see the curtains floating in the air. Indeed, someone had intruded her room, and she smiled, knowing that the vampire certainly is Yong Hwa. What would the other guys be doing in her room anyway? And it is as if Geun Suk would pursue her.

"Be careful, Ssaem, hmmmmm...." the zombie hummed.

"Arasseo..."

"Annyeonghi jumuseyo (Good night)," Jom Bi told her.

Shin Hye greeted her the same before she locked the door.

"Hmmm... I think my mermaid braid will yield me wavy hair now," she mused.

As she sat on her bed, someone stepped out from the shadows, and she squealed in fright.

"Aish! Jom Bi was right!"

"I am the only one who lingers here, geuchi?" he asked.

"Aish..." she frowned.

Yong Hwa sat beside her and handed her a cup of yogurt.

"I had wanted to eat this with you, but you were tired," he told her.

"I have brushed my teeth, but my stomach certainly will not refuse strawberry yogurt," she replied as she grabbed the yogurt from his hand.

The two of them silently ate yogurt, and later, he told her she still had three cups in the fridge.

"I did not buy any," she said in confusion.

"I did... for you," he replied.

A smile quivered, and she leaned forward to give him a peck on the cheek.

"How sweet..." she crooned.

He got the cups and went out the window to throw them. Shin Hye went back to the bathroom to brush her teeth. As she scrubbed her molars, she looked at herself in the mirror. She certainly looked haggard, and she was in need of vacation.

Yeosu should wait for her.

Finally, she finished brushing  her teeth, and it was time to untangle the mermaid braid.

"Should I untangle them for you?" Yong Hwa asked out of nowhere.

"Tsh... you are a monster," she fussed. "Wa (come)."

He went out from the shadows again and sat on the floor. She sat next to him, and took off the bobby pins holding the two braids together. She also took off the rubber bands and placed all her girly pins on the bedside table.

"I have a hunch why you were braiding my hair last night," she whispered.

Yong Hwa did not reply just yet. He looked into her eyes as he let his finger touch her soft hair. Slowly, slowly, his fingers worked through in untangling her braid, relishing the strands as he worked down. He loved the feeling of her hair through his fingers, just as he loved her eyes looking back at him.

"Eotteohke saenggakhae (What do you think)?" he asked soberly.

She did not reply just yet. Her heart was racing as his dark eyes stared back at her, and her breath got shallow as his fingers working through her hair occasionally touched the skin of her neck.

"You... you just want to touch my hair, look into my eyes, and be here," she whispered back.

"Maja," he told her, telling her she was right.

He leaned forward and smelled her hair, then got back to staring into her eyes again.

"Neon naekkeoya (You're mine)," he huskily whispered.

Shin Hye felt herself heating up, and she felt her cheeks about to reach the boiling point. After he confessed, he leaned forward to give her the a soft kiss which he seldom gives her.

He preferred torrid ones, but he was being gentle with her this time... (just as he had been in some rare occasions).

After the soft kisses, he took her hand and squeezed it.

"You know how to dance "Gangnam Style," right?" he asked.

She laughed, wondering why his soft advances would lead to Psy's dance.

"I just want you to teach me to dance, that's all," he said. "So that Jom Bi will not be thinking that I am ually harassing you every night."

"Trying to be wholesome?" she as she punched him with her free hand. "I'd teach you a dance that my late Halmeoni taught me as a little girl."

Both of them got up from the floor, and Yong Hwa frowned.

"I may be a bad guy, I may be scheming, but I can be wholesome too," he told her.

She pinched his lips because he had pursed them like a duck.

"We will not be prancing around like Park-seonsaengnim," Shin Hye said, referring to the other Park teacher. "Jom Bi is a light sleeper, and his room is below mine, remember?"

Yong Hwa cringed. Up to know, he didn't understand why Shin Hye and Harabeoji were not annoyed with the zombie man's constant humming. Jom Bi was certainly driving them, and Min Hyuk especially, crazy.

"I will teach you some folk dance," she said. "Park-ssaem said you and the guys are all left feet. You will learn this."

"I will do my best," Yong Hwa said.

"By the way, this is a fan dance, and mostly danced by women, but I will teach you this nonetheless," she said.

"Huh?"  he asked, his throat getting dry.

"Shirheo (You don't like)?" she asked, frowning. 

"Ne, shirheo (No/I agree, I don't like)," he said. "Women's dance is for women only. It is designed to show off their grace."

Shin Hye smiled and told him to sit on her bed. With less light coming in from the lamp post, she looked like an angel or a goddess who was lingering and sleeping in the dark.

"I will pretend that I have a fan, coz I don't have," she said.

The dance she was dancing is termed as "buchaechum," a fan dance. Yong Hwa gaped as he looked at her because the clumsy teacher looked graceful and coordinated when she danced. The Tyndall effect from the light outside illuminated her well, giving the illusion of the spotlight lighting up someone on stage.

"She's...beautiful," he thought.

After the dance, she was puffing.

"Whoh! I love that dance," she said. "Halmeoni and I used to dance it in celebrations in Yeosu... and I missed it..."

He got down from the bed and pulled her close.

"Now, let's dance to some romantic songs," he whispered.

He pulled her for an embrace, and he let her head rest on his chest. He moved his arms all over her, and she put her hands on his muscular chest. And they twirled around slowly as he sang to Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling In Love."

Yes, Yong Hwa couldn't help falling in love with her, and Shin Hye couldn't help falling in love with him as well.

The two continued to dance as he sang more romantic tunes to soothe her night. Instead of sleeping early, he was giving her soft lullabies while dancing with him.

Oh yes, bad boys can be sweet.

 

~~~~