Love Triangle

The Case Of The Weird School

Jung Shin came in the kitchen after feeling bad about asking space from Nana. He saw Hitomi preparing dinner, so he went to her and gave her a back hug.

"Noona~~~," he crooned like a kid, though with his signature deadpan voice.

Hitomi smiled as she put down the knife. She held his hand and asked him what was wrong.

"Noona~~~," he crooned again.

Here he was, tall and all, but acting like a baby. Hitomi's heart melted and told him to stop acting aegyo.

"Wae geurae?" she asked again.

"Is it bad to ask space from your girlfriend?" he asked.

"Wae? You asked that from Nana?"

He nodded, and she could tell because his sharp chin hit her shoulder. The two of them did not know that Jong Hyun came in and saw them. The other guy who was crying over Victoria did not like seeing his cousin cuddling the female boarder.

"What... what is this?" Jong Hyun asked himself. "Why did I not like seeing Jung Shin and Hitomi-noona cuddling each other?"

Someone needed to tell Jong Hyun that what he felt was jealousy.

****

It was a nice Saturday evening, and Yong Hwa and Min Hyuk went out of the house. Min Hyuk, as usual, had a date with his noona girlfriend, while Yong Hwa was on his James Bond activities. Jung Shin stayed in his room, planking on his bed and waiting for someone to get a picture of him and upload it in the Internet.

Jong Hyun knocked at Hitomi's door, waiting for her to open. But she did not.

"Jong Hyun-ah?" Hitomi asked, standing behind him.

He turned to her and asked where she had been, and she told him that she was at Geun Suk's library, returning some Archie comics. She opened the door and let him inside. As usual, he saw the portable folding bed and sat on it.

"Wae geurae?" she asked.

Jong Hyun looked at her with his eyes.

"I cannot always guess what you are feeling," she said. "Can you tell me?"

He told her about him and Victoria.

"Geurae? Ah, as I see it, you were not really happy with her. She was dominating over you and not even allowing you to speak."

He remained silent.

"It is because you are quite quiet, and you seldom talk," she pointed out. "It gave Victoria the impression that she can play with you and have you around at her convenience, and just throw you away because she has power over you."

"Will...will Hitomi-noona do that to me too?" he asked sadly.

"Aniya!" she jerked. "If you were my namchin, I will not dominate over you. I will give you a voice in our relationship if that is the case."

Jong Hyun stood up and went to the window. Then, he sat on the floor and stared out the window. He saw that the cloud had turned a bit violet. It was starting to rain.

"Min Hyuk and Yong Hwa are still outside," he said to Hitomi.

She scooted behind him and looked out the window.

"They should get home."

The sky began to shed its tears, starting from light drizzles, until it got to rain hard. Jong Hyun sadly looked out the window and began to sing.

 

I think of you hidden inside rain drops sliding down the window
I erase you with tears coming down my heart
You liked rain; you are listening to this sound
Do you remember me? I miss you when it rains
 

Hitomi, who was listening to him, began to give him a back hug. When Jong Hyun would not say his thoughts, he would often sing, often unaccompanied with any instrument. She liked how his sad and cool voice complemented the rain at night.

 

Love rains down. Memories flow down
I think of you again at the sound of rain
Love rains down. Memories flow down
You soaked my hardened heart; into the rain, you are leaving me
 
you said wathing the rain makes you sad like the rain
you meant that our love is now like the rain
even though you've left, please remember me (please remember me)
when it floods with longing, the rain will call you
 
Love rains down. Memories flow down
I think of you again at the sound of rain
Love rains down. Memories flow down
You soaked my hardened heart; into the rain, you are leaving me
 
even though you've forgotten me (even though you've forgotten me)
please remember me again (please remember me again)
when it floods with longing, the rain will call you
 
I pray that you are always happy, you're always smiling
I pray that you don't do sad love like the rain
Please don't forget this: my hope that loves you will rain down beside you
 
Love rains down. Memories flow down
I think of you again at the sound of rain
Love rains down. Memories flow down
You soaked my hardened heart; into the rain, you are leaving me
 

 

After the song, Hitomi rested her chin on his shoulder, while he held her hand tight.

"I am jealous of Jung Shin," he confessed.

"Wae?" she casually asked him.

He turned to her, and she looked at him in confusion.

"Do you like him, Noona?" he asked.

She let out a smile.

"Is that a crush you have on me, Jong Hyun?" Hitomi asked.

"Is it wrong to feel this way for you, Noona?" he whispered.

His eyes got to her, and she was unable to say a thing. She just stared her him, and she was not able to utter anything nor move a bit...

"Noona..." he sobbed again. "Do you care for me?"

The mixture of his shaking voice, his sad eyes, and his tears got to her. Everytime she looks into his eyes, she could not deny that she was falling in love with him all over again. She did not want to tell him that she was jealous of Victoria and G.na for getting his attention.

"Geurae!" Hitomi replied. "All you guys are precious to me. I do not look at you as a namdongsaeng, but you are precious to me. And I care for you, Jong Hyun-ah..."

As she said that confession, she took her eyes away.

"Noona... gwaenchanha?"

"Ah...ee (yes)...betsuni (It's nothing)," she responded in Japanese.

She did not want to tell him that his hurt was hurting her too.

"Please don't leave me alone," he begged in a whisper.

She let go of her back hug when he pushed her arms away. He turned to her and looked at her with those sad eyes again.

"Why do you always look at me like that?" she asked. "Everytime I look at you, all I see are your eyes..."

Jong Hyun sobbed.

"I cannot say anything.... just look at me..."  he begged.

He wrapped his arms around her and pressed his face on her chest, letting fresh batches of tears fall.

"Please don't leave me... Please  help me forget Victoria-noona..."

Hitomi wrapped her arms around him and felt her clothes soaking wet with his tears. She looked up the sky from outside, also wishing for Min Hyuk and Yong Hwa to come home.

"Those two...aish, where are they?"

Then getting back to the crying boy on her chest, she kissed his hair and rested her face on his head.

 

~~~~

Jung Shin x Hitomi x Jong Hyun love triangle, suggested by Nandiferd-PD, kekekekek

 

~~~~