Love Despite Everything

The Case Of The Weird School

Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk, and Jung Shin were all very exhausted after three hours of Science computations without rest, so they complained to Shin Hye that they were tired.

"Lazy boys, have you not tried burning the midnight oil?" she asked.

"Ssaem, our brain cells need to rest also," Min Hyuk complained. "I want to eat."

"Na do," Jong Hyun said.

"Na do!" Jung Shin grinned like stupid.

Yong Hwa only sighed because he was tired. Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk got up in a jiffy and started to exit the room, much to Shin Hye's dismay.

"Ya! Come back!" she called out.

Jung Shin turned his back and lay flat on the floor with his face down. Instead of wanting to eat, he was planking again. Shin Hye sighed in exasperation, and she suddenly glanced at Yong Hwa.

"Do you want to hang out at the patio?" he asked her in concern.

"Ani..." she sighed. "Harabeoji does not know of your relationship yet, and I do not want the gang to get upset over me being in a relationship with a younger man."

He suddenly looked upset.

"No...no, I did not mean to hurt you, Yong Hwa..." she explained. "I mean...the henchmen will get shocked."

"I understand that perfectly," he said as he held her hand. "I do..."

****

"Food, food, foooooood~~~~," Jong Hyun sang.

"Food, glorious food," Min Hyuk sang the famous line from the movie "Oliver!"

"Hot sausage and mustard," Jong Hyun continued for him.

"But there is not a sausage in here, only kimchi," Min Hyuk groaned upon seeing a bowl of kimchi inside the fridge. 

They tried to raid the stocks of food until all they saw were some carrots in the veggie tray.

"Let's just be Bugs Bunny for now," Min Hyuk groaned again.

"Carrots cannot satisfy me," Jong Hyun sighed.

****

Shin Hye got out from her bathroom after taking a warm half-bath for the night when she noticed a shadow near the window. Her room was dark, and she thought some thief had came in to steal her money, her jewelry, or her mobile phone.

"Scared?" a familiar husky voice asked.

She sighed as she realized it was Yong Hwa. He got out from hiding and sat on her bed.

"Will you mind if I act like Edward now?" he asked.

"Of course, I mind," Shin Hye joked. "The gangsters will hunt you if you hurt me, remember?"

Yong Hwa smiled, but she could not see it.

"I am a vampire, remember?" he told her.

"Ara..."

She got on her bed and flopped.

"Ah...feels so good to be here..." was her contented sigh.

The rain began to drop, pit-a-patter, and Yong Hwa lay beside her.

"I will take advantage of every night that I am here in your Harabeoji's house," he told her.

Shin Hye smiled and nodded.

"Ne, na do," she said. "Of course, no involved, arasseo?"

Yong Hwa blushed because he once had fantasized of them doing it after sharing some yogurt. Shin Hye crossed her arms and sighed.

"Why are you sighing?" he asked.

"I'm tired... you have no idea how hard it is to be a teacher," she said. "I am not a mother, but I am taking care of teenage kids."

"With one of them as your boyfriend," he .

She giggled and turned to him, but she had no idea that their faces were that close. She could see the glimmer in his eyes, and could feel the warmth of his breath to her face.

"You're so close," she told him.

"So close that I can even kiss you," he responded.

He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer for a kiss. Unlike the hot kisses which they often shared, this one was a soft and delicate one. Of course, Shin Hye did not want to moan and get busted, not when Jom Bi's room was below her room.

After breaking from the kisses, they looked at each other.

"Saranghae," he confessed.

"Na do geudaereul saranghae (I love you too)," she said to him.

Soon, he grabbed her hand, and intertwined hers with his.

"Harabeoji told me that the cherry blossoms are beautiful," he told her. "But that it was raining."

"It was raining because the vampires and the zombie all run amok inside the house," she joked.

Yong Hwa smiled because it was definitely true.

"I wonder why the cherry blossoms bloom so late," Shin Hye said. "It should have been last April and..."

"Molla," Yong Hwa said. "But I guess it is still better. At least, I can have some more time to spend some romantic dates with you."

Shin Hye squeezed the hand that held her.

"You're so sweet," she said. "I wish you should grow up already."

He let out a smile.

"Being in this secret relationship is hard, but it's fun," he said. "I can secretly go on dates without all the stupid girls chasing after me."

He started to resent the attention that he got from the fan girls. He did not know if Nana was offended that girls flocked around her boyfriend despite the fact that Jung Shin was taken. And he knew girls would be heartbroken if they knew Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk were taken as well.

"I don't care," he thought.

"Well, I believe I can still have lots of time to fantasize and watch my namjachingu grow from being a flower boy to a hot man."

"You like hot men?" he .

"Of course, I do," she responded. "I like guys with y bodies."

She definitely like the ones with muscles.

"If you are looking for guys with muscles, I will get them for you," he told her.

She punched him playfully.

"Ya, I don't need any men," she said.

"No, what I mean is, I will get muscles so I will be the man you want," he said.

Shin Hye leaned forward to kiss him. After the kiss, she whispered.

"Don't grow up so fast," she said. "Let me enjoy the way you are now. And if you change in the future, I will wait for it."

He wrapped his arm around her again and let her head rest on his chest.

"I am still a boy, but I will be a man someday...for you..."

She felt playful being that who had a younger lover, but their is not so bad. She did not care if Nana will not affirm of it. After all, Nana will not be ending up with Yong Hwa, right?

"Good night, Lover," Shin Hye whispered to him.

Yong Hwa lit up a smile. It was cool to be called "lover" by a girl older than he is. He definitely will cherish the title and do all he can to stay as her lover, even if it means rescuing her from the gang's tradition and getting Harabeoji's approval.

 

~~~~