Jong Hyun's POV

The Case Of The Weird School

It was Soo Hyun's fault for messing up with Jung Shin. We had been classmates since first grade, and he did not even know my cousin's height? It was also his fault for raising Min Hyuk's hackles. And because of his fault, all of us, Jung Shin's Nana included, were dragged into the mess.

Park-ssaem is petite, so why should I get scared of her?

She had each of us explain our attitude and our side of story, so I told mine. She had some exchange of words with Yong Hwa and Jung Shin. Those two always know what to say. I can never say such fearless words just like them, not even to Victoria-noona. If she keeps on talking, I just seal her lips with a kiss.

"Ah, so your grandmother never taught you jondaemal?" Ssaem said to Jung Shin sarcastically with a smile on her face.

"Tsk, our Halmeoni is the queen of ethics," I thought.

Then, after some altercation with Yong Hwa, she boxed the table with her little fist. Whoa! I can see smoke. She looked at each one of us, one by one. I don't know how the other guys felt, but I felt nothing.

Then, she looked back at me, and I winked back at her.

"Your bad boy images do not work with me, arasseo????" she said while giving emphasis to the last statement.

I was not exuding the bad boy image. I am just a bad boy.

"Ne," said the five of us, and afterwards, Nana.

She continued her harangue, including her little harangue on Nana. Then, she left the room. Soo Hyun, who was sitted next to me, stood up and exited the room.

"Tsk, that bastard thinks he is the coolest boy in town," Min Hyuk sneered solemnly.

"Let's skip class again," I said.

"Ani," Yong Hwa replied. "Let's get to the library."

Jung Shin looked back at Nana, who twiddled her thumbs uneasily.

"Oppa," she spoke to him. "Doseogwan-e gallae (Shall we go to the library)?"

Jung Shin shook his head. Yong Hwa got out of the room first, and Nana followed. I turned to my cousin.

"Are you not following your girlfriend?" I asked him.

"Ani," Jung Shin replied. "I am not in the mood to do some research."

"Me neither," Min Hyuk said. "I'd go and see Yeon Seo-noona."

****

After classes, my cousins and I walked on our own separate ways. Who knows what Min Hyuk did with Yeon Seo-noona? He never came back after he left. And who knows if Yeon Seo-noona attended her classes in the university? All I know is that both of them often hang out in her room, doing silly and naughty things.

Yong Hwa said he was hungry, so he went away. Jung Shin and Nana were having a perfect attendance when it comes to afternoon dates. And I know that Victoria-noona will be hanging out again with her friend with the super chest. Might as well catch up with the two of them.

As I grabbed my smartphone to call on my girlfriend, girls from our school and from other schools looked at me with starry eyes. I was getting used to it.

"He is soooo cute!"

"Look at his eyes! Are they hot or what?"

But one remark kept me thinking about myself.

"He is still handsome even if he never smiled," a girl said.

Right, I never smiled. Do I ever smile? Even my cousins never smiled. Even Uncle Geun Suk never smiled. Is something wrong with me? With us?

 

~~~~