Of Zombies, Bugs, And Love

The Case Of The Weird School

Saturday morning.

Shin Hye was sitting on the front porch, looking at the thin henchman mopping the floor.

"Mop the floor, mop the floor, mop the floor, hmmmmmmmm...." he said in an audible sing-song voice.

Jom Bi was always like that, talking to himself and saying hmmmm in an annoyingly amusing tone. He was super thin, had big wide eyes, and acted randomly. He was always calm, but when he over-reacts, it was literally overreacting.

Shin Hye did not know Jom Bi's real name, but Harabeoji had adopted him, and she had grown up with him and treated him like her namdongsaeng. She learned from Harabeoji that Jom Bi was half-Japanese and half-another combination of race. He was called Jom Bi because he acted like a jolly zombie, and also because recently, his favorite computer game is Plants vs. Zombies.

Jom Bi was really reliable because he was a fast worker, which was why he often called all members in a jiffy for a meeting. And Jom Bi would be her companion when she will be meeting with the Yakuzas because he had been there.

"OHHHHHHHH!!!! IIIIIIII YAK YAK YAK!!!! UGHHHHHH!!!!" the zombie man over-reacted when he saw a harmless little millipede crawling on the floor.

Shin Hye laughed heartily and told him millipedes are not harmful.

"Still, I hate crawling critters like that, save for spiders, hmmmmmmm...." Jom Bi said.

He continued mopping the floor while bypassing the millipede.

"Mop the floor, mop the floor, mop the floor...hmmmmmm...."

Shin Hye turned to the sky and looked at the leaves covering her view. How about her secret boyfriend? Is he afraid of something too?

****

Speaking of which.

"A BUG!!!!" Yong Hwa screamed in a nonchalant voice when he saw a bug flying close to him.

He ran away, thus making his cousins laugh in deadpan voices.

The boys were at the gazebo, drinking lemon tea. Geun Suk's rose bushes were so beautiful that it attracted bugs and insects, and Yong Hwa hated them to death.

"They are harmless," Min Hyuk said.

"What if they will get inside my ears?" Yong Hwa asked. "Have you not read in a recent news about a Chinese woman reporting to the doctor about her itchy ear?

"I have read that, so gross," Jong Hyun said. "When the doctor checked the woman's ear, he saw a spider looking back at him with big eyes."

"YUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!" Yong Hwa shouted in disgust.

Geun Suk walked past them like a ramp model. He was holding a goblet of fresh red wine.

"Good to see you looking so cheery today, boys," he told his nephews. "By the way, just to tell you, next week, you need to study by yourselves because Park-seonsaengnim will be going to Japan for some things."

Yong Hwa suddenly remembered the night when she told him about it, the night when they almost ended up making love. He blushed at the memory, but he thought that not seeing her for days will make him yearn for her even more.

"Algesseumnida," the other three replied.

"And oh, do not disturb the bugs," Geun Suk said. "They will pollinate my roses and make them beautiful. And Jong Hyun-ah, you will not mind if I date G.na and give her roses, right?"

"Ah...ne..." Jong Hyun said sadly. "Uncle does not have to worry about me. Victoria-noona and I...Oops..."

Geun Suk eyed his nephew.

"So...you are in a relationship behind my back?" the uncle roared.

Min Hyuk shot up his hand fearlessly.

"Na do," he said. "I am in a relationship with a college girl too!"

"Na do," Jung Shin said. "My classmate is my girlfriend."

Geun Suk was shocked that his nephews were in love despite being students.

"So you and Victoria..." he turned to Jong Hyun.

"We already broke up," Jong Hyun said sadly.

Geun Suk nodded.

"Oh well, I cannot do anything. Just be good with your studies, arasseo?"

"Ne..." the four said.

The uncle went back inside his house, and Yong Hwa was thankful that his cousins did not betray his secret of having a crush on their Science teacher.

 

~~~~