Science Class And Reprimands

The Case Of The Weird School

Shin Hye sat across the guys. She could swear that she saw rain clouds above each guy's head, with lightning and rain to complete the outcome. The guys seemed uninterested. Yong Hwa was half asleep, eyeballs rolled over to his head and mouth slightly opened. Jong Hyun was scratching his head. Jung Shin was examining the split ends of his long hair, the way Nana taught him. And Min Hyuk was yawning a lot.

"Yeoreobun, today, I will be giving out questions regarding our last three lessons that I had discussed in school," she said, handing out drafts. "Sorry for it being not organized. Your uncle just came to see me this morning."

Upon hearing the last sentence, the four of them sat in attention.

"So, Uncle is courting you?" Min Hyuk asked.

"Courting?" Shin Hye asked. "Will I be here if he were courting me?"

"I will not want you for an aunt either," Jong Hyun said before scratching his face.

"Ja~~, start answering now," she told them. "I know you did poorly in the last three exams, so I will be testing your competencies again."

"I thought you would be talking to each student one by one," Yong Hwa blurted out.

The three other guys looked at him, and Shin Hye shot him dagger glares. She did not want him to tell his cousins that they had been on a "date."

"She told me in the faculty room," Yong Hwa lied.

Shin Hye sighed inside of herself. She told them to answer the questions in fifteen minutes.

"Fifteen?" Jung Shin asked with his lifeless voice.

"Do you think that CSAT will give you extensions?" she asked them.

The guys got their pens and started answering. After fifteen minutes, she collected their papers and checked them. She was utterly disappointed because none of them got the answers right. Her nape ached, so she massaged it.

"I might get hypertension, you know," she told them. "Aigoo~~~"

She handed the paper, but not to the owners. Yong Hwa had Jong Hyun's. Jong Hyun's had Jung Shin's. Jung Shin had Min Hyuk's. And Min Hyuk had Yong Hwa's.

"Ssaem..." Jung Shin said.

"I will make you accountable for each other's paper, so listen," she said. "I will discuss to you each of the answers, s-l-o-w-l-y and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y. You jot down notes on how we derived the answers. Afterwards, you return it to each other. If you did not understand what your cousin wrote, then both of you are accountable. You fail because he did not get the notes right, and you are to be blamed for the failure of the other."

"Ssaem!" Jong Hyun ed in a lifeless voice as he stood up.

Shin Hye looked at him calmly, absorbing all the silent words his burning eyes told her.

"Anja," she said told Jong Hyun. "Do you think this is too much?"

Jong Hyun sat down.

"I am just wanting to make each one of you responsible and accountable for your actions," she said. "I don't know your study habits, but it seems you do not have one."

The guys fumed. And so, Shin Hye explained all the answers, and it took them the whole three hours just for the science answers. She felt she had not made use of her time well, but it was worth it knowing where they failed so she could pick them up and help them with the pace. After the session, each guys handed out their papers to each other, and each were very much confused as to the content of the other's writing.

"So you see now?" she asked them. "Min Hyuk, did you understand what Jung Shin had written down as the explanation?"

Min Hyuk shook his head.

"Starting today, I will make it that style. Treat your cousin's notes as your own. If you want your cousin to understand what you are writing, treat it as the understandable notes that you want it to be. I don't mind short notes as long as it can easily be understood."

"Is Ssaem telling us that in taking down notes, we should do that in the classroom too?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Ani," Shin Hye said. "Your teachers also check your notes, geureohcyo? How do you think they will feel if they see Yong Hwa's handwriting on Jong Hyun's notebook? They will check each of your notes, and probably the whole class. Or, they might be accusing one of bullying. Get what I mean?"

The guys shook their heads. And disappointed Shin Hye had to complain again to her imaginary camera.

"Wae????"

Getting back to them, she told them that it is only applicable to her tutor class. She did not tell them that her other students topped their exams this way.

"I will explain to you as easy as possible," she groaned.

The teacher stood up, and the students too. They bowed and followed her outside the room.

****

Geun Suk handed her the payment and thanked her for the time.

"Tomorrow again," he said. "Until Friday."

"Ne. Gamsahamnida," she said.

Geun Suk and the guys accompanied her to the gate.

"Annyeonghi gaseyo," the five of them greeted her in zombie voices.

"Annyeonghi gyeseyo," she said in a tired but perky voice.

When the teacher left, Geun Suk shot a glare at his nephews.

"What did you do to your seonsaengim? She looks pretty beat," he asked.

"She is demanding," Yong Hwa said.

"Whatever," Min Hyuk said.

Geun Suk frowned as the boys went inside the house.

"I am confident of Park-seonsaengnim," he thought. "These boys just need to be like me."

Then, he remembered his duties.

"Oh, I think I need to find fresh blood," he thought as he transformed himself into a vampire bat.

 

~~~~