A letter,

It's a story!

 

“Could you help me post this letter?” Xin handed it to the nurse that night. “Sure, anything for you baby girl.” The nurse fed her medication and tucked her to sleep. “Goodnight Xin. Sweet dreams.” She kissed her forehead and left the room.

“Taemin, there’s a letter for you!” Manager hyung said waving the letter in the air. Taemin dashed out of the room and snatched the letter from his manager, “It’s from Seoul University Hospital.” Taemin mumbled. “If it’s from LA tell me. I bet it’s some kind of advertisement.” Taemin threw the envelop on the table and sat on the sofa to watch TV.

“Ahhhh. Hyung, are we on break now?” Taemin asked Key that afternoon. “I think so, cause there are no new activities yet.” Key told him while drinking a cup of water. “Oh, you’re letter is on the table.” Key pointed it out to Taemin. “Yeah I know. I don’t wanna open it. It isn’t a letter that I’m looking forward to.” Taemin pouted as he told Key.

“Well, It’s something that you’ll want to see.” Key told him as he started taking pots and pans out to make lunch that afternoon. Taemin hesitantly reached out for the envelope. “How’d you know?” Taemin stared at the envelope for awhile. “Trust me.” Key told him.

Taemin ripped open the letter. His heart was thumping as fast as a Porsche on full speed. He tried to breathe in and out slowly to calm the car in him down. “Oh a love letter?” Jonghyun asked Taemin and snatched it from his hand. “Yah~ Hyung!” Taemin shouted trying to snatch it back from Jonghyun. Jonghyun stood on his toes and waved it in the air teasing Taemin non-stop.

“Jonghyun, do you know that you’re actually not that tall?” Key told him off sarcastically. Jonghyun blew his bangs and handed the letter to Taemin and stormed off to his room. Taemin opened the letter into full length. It was a hand written letter. Hmm. Taemin thought as he started reading it.

Dear Taemin, The letter wrote. He was about to read the next line when someone snatched it away from his hand. “YAHHHHHHHHHHHHH~” Taemin screamed in annoyance. Onew jumped and asked him, “A love letter?” Taemin snatched it back from Onew angrily and stomped off into his room locking the door behind him.

Taemin laid on his stomach and opened the letter reading it carefully this time round.

Dear Taemin,

Come on a date with me this afternoon. The address is on the envelope itself.

With Love.

Taemin looked carefully at the letter, it seems like it has been written many times because they were many parts that were corrected again and again. Is this a letter from some crazy fangirl? He thought to himself. As he looked into the envelope once again to see if it was some sort of scam or if he missed anything out. Empty. He thought to himself.

Looking closer at the end of the letter, there were a few words written in really small character. “I’m a blood-related E.L.F.” Taemin took a look at the clock, a fan bought for him, hanging on the wall of his bedroom. Oh . 2pm. He dashed out of the room with the letter on his hand.

“I’m going somewhere.” Taemin told his hyungs as he put on his Vans. “Here, you’ll need this.” Key handed Taemin a basket of food. Pasta, strawberries, milk as well as apple pie. “Thanks hyung.” Taemin told Key as he ran down the flights of stairs.

He must have thought it is a junk mail.Or that is from some crazy fangirl. Xin thought to herself as she picked on her food. The hospital served fish porridge that afternoon. Even after all these months of staying in the hospital permanently, Xin couldn’t get use to the food that the hospital serves.

I miss everyone. She thought to herself as she pushed the bowl of porridge away from her and opening the halfway done scrapbook. Haha. Look at oppa in this picture. She thought recalling the moments. It was a picture of Lee Teuk covered in mud holding a trophy. Lee Teuk fell into the mud during a soccer competition in Junior School and he even won first place.

Flipping to the next page was a picture of Lee Teuk and her taking a photo during her oppa’s graduation. He was already a Super Junior member then. He was top ten in school and she was really proud to have an oppa like him who studies well, speaks well, sings well and even act well. I’m proud of you oppa. She thought to herself.

All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door. Xin quickly put her book away and was looking forward to see her visitor. “Oh Joonie~” She called out. Lee Joon came beside her bed and hugged her tight. “Wae you here?” She asked him. He showed her a basket of fruits and a bouquet of daisies. Xin frowned at the sight of more fruits but brighten up at the sight of daisies. “They are so pretty.” She said, as she smelled the flowers.

Lee Joon picked up one of the many empty vases on the table and filled it up with clean water. He placed it beside Xin’s bed as Xin unwrapped and put the flowers in the vase. “I’m sorry but I can’t stay for long today.” Lee Joon told her. “It’s okay oppa, I’m glad you’re here though.” She told him. “How’s everyone?” She asked.

They chatted happily for the next half an hour while Lee Joon explains almost everything that has been happening to MBLAQ lately especially they are still doing their promotions. “So, my main purpose for coming here is,” Lee Joon paused awhile as he reached out to take a ticket from his pocket, “We’re having a fan meeting again next week and we really hope that you can come.” Lee Joon told her.

“I’ll come.” Xin took the ticket from Lee Joon. “Promise?” He asked her. “I promise.” She told him while handing Lee Joon five paper cranes. “You guys were my visitors the other day, Number 71 to 75.” Lee Joon took the paper cranes with both hands, “You made them?” He asked her. She nodded her head.

“Kamsa~” Lee Joon told her. He hugged her again before leaving the room reminding her to take good care of herself. She nodded her head and waved goodbye to him.

Feeling tired, she called the nurse to clear her lunch away before taking a nap. “You didn’t finish your porridge again?” The nurse asked her. She shook her head and yawn. “I’m just going to take a nap okay?” She told the nurse. “I’ll be up in an hour. Between then …” She was about to finish her sentence when the nurse cut her, “No visitors. I know.” The nurse walked out of the room turning the ‘do not disturb’ sign around.

“Are you sure it’s this place?” Lee Teuk asked Taemin. “It doesn’t seem like it is. And the person didn’t write the room number.” Taemin said as he tried to search all over the letter for a room number. “I think you got scammed Taemin.” Lee Teuk said laughing a little.

“Uhm, excuse me. May I know if you guys know who sent this letter?” Taemin asked the nurse at the third level reception. “Ah, Room 304.” The nurse told him. “Kamsahamnida.” Taemin and Lee Teuk said as they bowed to the nurse.

“Here it’s this room.” Lee Teuk pointed it out to Tae. They were about to open the door when the nurse approached them. “I’m sorry but the patient is asleep at the moment and she wouldn’t want an visitors.” The nurse said. “Oh, but she sent us a letter.” Taemin showed it to her.

“She’ll be awake in one hours’ time.” The nurse told Taemin and Lee Teuk. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I finally got this chapter done. I'm dead tired. Goodnight everyone, hope you liked this chapter!