What?

It's a story!

 

 

Hyunseung was walking down the corridor of the hospital visiting his grandmother who just had an operation. On his right hand was a bouquet of lilies, his grandmother’s favourite flower, and on his left was a basket of fruits. He and his fellow Beast members have been really busy lately with promoting their new album and having their concert. When he finally managed to get a worthwhile break, his grandmother fell ill and had to be sent to the hospital for a surgery. Now that his grandmother is on the road to recovery, he promised to spend at least an hour or two a day with her.

Happy laughters trailed out from Room 304 to the corridors of level 3. The laughter sounds like my best friend’s. He thought to himself. Xin had a distinctive laughter that can be differentiated from the rest of the people. Her ringing laughter can be heard from a distance away. This time round, he thought he heard wrongly. Xin has been gone for almost eight months but as promised, she sent emails and letters too. It couldn’t be her. Hyunseung thought to himself, but he his curiousity was killing him.

He walked to the doors of Room 304 hoping to find the patient’s name on it, but it wasn’t there. He pushed the door slightly open and saw an exact replica of his best friend sitting on the bed laughing happily while watching TV. The basket of fruits on his left hand dropped causing Xin’s attention to turn to him.

“Seungie.” Xin said, as she was shocked to see his presence. “W-what are you doing here?” She asked him again. Hyunseung couldn’t believe his eyes; he picked up the basket of fruits and headed for the door. Xin quickly put herself on the wheelchair and pushed herself out in search for Hyunseung. “Seungie.” She shouted repeatedly hopefully he would stop and listen.

Hyunseung didn’t have the courage to look back at his best friend on the wheelchair. Why is this world so cruel? He thought to himself. No matter how many times Xin called out behind him, he didn’t look back. He walked into Room 315 and greeted his grandmother with a warm hug and a fake smile hanging on his face. He started talking to his grandmother about his day and events that are coming up. He peeled fruits from his grandmother and place the lilies he bought in a vase. It was a great afternoon with his grandmother. He tiptoed out of the room after putting his grandmother to bed.

Closing the door slowly behind him, he looked to his right and saw Xin sleeping. He pushed her slowly back to the room and stayed in there till she woke up. He had made sure that he informed his manager hyung that he would be back late that afternoon. Wow. She has everything that she needs here. It’s like her house. Hyunseung thought as he flipped through the many English storybooks on a shelf against a wall. On the shelf next to it, were many different Kpop idols albums, magazines and items.

He found a scrapbook sitting on the coffee table at the end of the room. Memories, He thought to himself as he flipped through it. There were photos of them graduating in middle school, celebrating their 16th birthday and so on. “Seungie” Xin woke up awhile later with a hoarse throat. She reached out to pour herself a glass of water when Hyunseung stood up and offered to help her.

“Thanks.” She smiled and told him politely sipping the warm water. The rest of the afternoon was spent catching up on the latest things with one another. Hyunseung even stayed for dinner sharing yucky hospital food with Xin. Xin kept laughing nonstop at his scrunched up face whenever she fed him a spoonful of the macaroni soup. They continued talking until it was time for Hyunseung to go.

“Here.” Xin handed him a paper crane, “You’re the 70th visitor.” She grinned and gave him a hug.  “Take care of yourself, I’ll come again soon.” He told her as he ruffled her hair. She nodded her head. “Bye, best friend.” She said.

“So, where’d you go last night?” Jam asked Sarra that evening after dance practice in school. “I was with Xin.” Sarra said and shrugged her shoulders. “You stayed there?” Splitz asked her. She nodded her head. “Wow, I didn’t think Hangeng oppa would allow that.” Jam said.

“So what’d you guys talked about?” They pestered her. Sarra told them that they talked and stuff. She even mentioned about convincing Xin to tell Lee Teuk about what’s going on with her.

“The doctor said another month of treatment for the cancer cells to die, but it doesn’t mean they wouldn’t come back.” Sarra told them. What the girls didn’t know was that Minho was just behind them and he heard everything that they discussed about.

“Really?” A voice spoke from behind which made the girl’s jumped a little. “M-Minho oppa.” Splitz mumbled. “I’ve got an assignment that is needed to hand in tomorrow!” Splitz said as she ran away. “Me too.” Jam said as she chased after Splitz.

Sarra just turned and walked away from Minho refusing any eye contact. He reached out and caught her hand before she could go further away. “Wait.” He said. “What do you want from me Minho?” Sarra asked him politely with a tint of impatience in her voice.

“I’ll not ask you about Xin,” Minho said then taking a deep breath, “But you’ll have to go on a date with me.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The reason why I updated later today and why the story was short was because of this: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/30664/she-has-a-bad-past-key-shinee-taemin

I just had to write it. idek.