Chapter 9

My Bestfriend was all lies.

 

Eunkwang lingered the kiss longer than he had to. The moment his lips landed on Da Hye's, flashbacks from years back came rushing into him. Only seconds later after the instrction 'cut!' was screamed did Eunkwang finally let Da Hye's now swollen lips go.
Da Hye bring her gaze up into Eunkwang's only to find that familiar thing flashing through his eyes again.
 
This was it. This was her chance to find out the truth. She could not care about where she was now. Her curiosity overwhelms it all.
 
"You...." Still panting for air. "You're Ji Min aren't you?" She left her gaze stuck into his eyes.
 
Eunkwang's expression suddenly changes as he widen his eyes a little. He loitered his eyes around, avoiding hers.
 
"Wh-who are you talking about. I don't know Ji Min..." he said monotonously, faking coughs.
 
"Bu-" Before Da Hye could protest, Eun Kwang hastily left covering his mouth with the back of his hand.
 
She wanted to get a hold of Eunkwang and get it over, right here right now but the staffs were already surrounding him... and so, the best chance just flew out the window. She clenched her fists and tightened her jaw.
 
"Damn it..." she cussed under her breath and started off the set, ignoring Hyunsik who was waiting patiently at the side for her. 
 
He wanted to praise her because she had done well for BTOB's story movie despite being her first time. He frowned alittle seeing Da Hye walking pass him as if he was not there. He hold out his hand and gripped her wrist lightly, halting her steps.
Da Hye startled out of her reverie and turn to Hyunsik with her eyes widen.
 
"Noona, you did great. The kiss...seemed real." Hyunsik faked a smirk.
 
Da Hye did not hide her frown the moment Hyunsik mentioned the word 'kiss'.
She mumbled a thanks and got her hands out of his grip.
 
"I-i'm tired. Sorry..." She muttered and left for the dressing room without looking back.
 
Hyunsik sighed. He knew about the kissing scene. He threw away the thought of jealousy and kept telling himself that he did not care about it. But when he was quietly standing behind the production team witnessing the kiss, he felt a pang in his heart. He can longer deny that he has fallen for Da Hye. 
And when Da Hye left the scene being so out of it, he knew that kiss between Da Hye and Eunkwang was not just some act. Just like how his confession for the previous scene, which was... not an act either.
 
He clenched his fist and took a deep breath to calm himself.
 
'No. I should not be bothered by this.' he chanted to himself.
 
"BTOB, please get in set for the dance shoot!" Someone called out amongst the staffs.
 
"Ne!" The boys responded, strolling into the scene taking their places.
 
Hyunsik shook off all irrelevant thoughts and made his way into the set faking smiles, greeting his fellow members.
 
~~~
 
Da Hye could not accept the fact that Eunkwang denied he was Ji Min. What more proofs does she need, everything fits perfectly.
 
She came back on set after changing into her normal clothes to see the dance version of their song.
 
She stared at Eunkwang, not breaking the contact for even a second.
He has got to be Ji Min. He looks exactly like Ji Min, he did that gesture Ji Min used to do her, his eyes revealed he was Ji Min, somehow. The only difference was his name. Nothing else.
 
So what other proof does she need? She got everything.
She was itching to bust the truth already. If only she can barge in grab Eunkwang for some privacy.
But no, she was still sane enough.
 
Tonight. 
 
Tonight, she'll head to his apartment and get that one to one talk and end it all. She is not going to give a damn to obstructions, she's going to break it all and get the truth.
Nothing is going to stop her.
 
"Sugohaesseumnida!"
 
"Sugohaesseoyo!" 
 
BTOB bowed in gratitude greeting every staff signaling the end of their shoot.
 
Smiles spread across every faces, feeling proud of this achievement. The effects of their late night practices were now shown.
 
Members patted each others back for the great teamwork. The smiles were inevitable even how tired they were.
 
As Da Hye's eyes tailed the seven boys, she slightly felt more nervous than before. It's getting closer now. She was one step closer to revealing the truth.
 
Seo Eunkwang is Han Ji Min.
Han Ji Min, is Seo Eunkwang.
 
"Hyung! Let's go celebrate!"
 
The boys cheered in agreement.
 
"Where?" It came from Changseob.
 
"Club!!!" Sungjae shouted only to get smacks on the back of his head by the hyungs.
 
"You're still a minor! You gotta wait two years bro, two years. Haha!" Peniel teased.
 
Sungjae pouted cutely, looking away finally realizing that Da Hye was just steps away from the group.
 
"Oh Da Hye-noona! Wanna join us for celebration? No wait, you have to join us! You are in this too!" He cheered, dragging Da Hye into the conversation.
 
Da Hye did not object. It was a good opportunity for her. She can keep Eunkwang under her radar until the time comes for her, to you know, 'attack'.
 
She put a smile on her face and jumped a little, trying to show excitement.
 
Eunkwang felt uneasy. He did not want to celebrate but, its not fair for his team if he declines.
 
"L-let's just go somewhere near, I'm kinda tired." Eunkwang suggested.
 
"Hmmmm...." The members thought aloud, with their hands on their chin.
 
"Nearby aeh...hmm...Cube Cafe?" Minhyuk thought aloud.
 
Its as if you can see light beaming from every boys' face. They all break into smiles and nod in unison.
 
"It's new, classy and most importantly, near our apartment. Cube Cafe it is! Nice one Minhyuk hyung!" Sungjae cried, high fiving the brother as they all make a move toward the location.
 
Everyone broke into chit chats, excited of the celebration, including Da Hye who was smiling gently toward Changseob who was storytelling to her. All except Hyunsik and Eunkwang.
 
Hyunsik was still disturbed about his own feelings while Eunkwang was feeling uneasy and burdened. They both walked slowly at the back of the group not even realising that they were both side by side, having expression looking exactly the same.
 
 
 
Many chairs screeched on the floor at the same time, as chit chats and laughters overpowered the screeching chairs.
As soon as the seven boys and one girl settle down at far corner of the cafe, they were greeted by more guests intending to celebrate together.
 
"BTOB-deeeeul! Annyeong!" Sohyun shouted from the Cafe entrance. 4Minute and G.Na came towards them and join in making the group bigger and better.
 
The word, "Chukkahae!" was heard around the table.
 
"Uwah. It feels like a mini CUBE Family party! If only Beast-hyungs are here..." Sungjae commented.
 
"Ayeee..sinja. You know they are busy with their World Tour Concert. But it would be nice if they were here...." Changseob retorted and faded off.
 
And suddenly, the table went silent.
 
"Yah! What's with the atmosphere man? We're suppose to be celebrating! Its their loss not ours, hah! Come on, lets order. I'm starving!" G.Na enlighten the table.
 
And the table just went up into chit chats again.
 
They decided to order a mass menu so everyone could enjoy the same food instead of Ala Carte.
Nobody mind, even Eunkwang. He just nodded at whatever food menu the others suggested and avoided eyes with Da Hye who kept her eye radar circulating Eunkwang every minute. She just needed to wait a little while longer. After all this is over, she can finally, FINALLY obtain the truth that has been bothering her all these while.
 
The food came and without hesitation, everyone dug in with chatters and laughters and clank sounds of utensil brushed together. The atmosphere was really up and going.
 
Minutes into the food, everyone was happy and satisfied. They fed each other and teased each other, having the time of their lives.
 
They were suddenly disrupted by a continuous cough coming from the table. Everyone started to quieten down and look around for the coughings.
 
It was Eunkwang. 
His face was flushed red and he had the back of his arm cover his coughing mouth.
He kept coughing non-stop, heaving, gasping for air suddenly,
 
The table went completely silent as one by one eyed each other in worry.
 
Da Hye started to panic as Eunwkang's coughing kept continuing.
She felt deja vu. It feels as if she had experience this situation before.
She widen her eyes, recalling a memory.
 
'Ji Min! Ji Min had allergy...seafood allergy. Is it possible...'
 
The members stopped what they were doing and started to panic, leaving their seats moving toward Eunkwang at the corner of the table.
 
"H-hyung..gwaenchana..? Wa-waegeuraeyo...?"Ilhoon break the silence.
 
The members surrounded him, unsure of what to do. Their faces showed panic and concern.
 
Eunkwang kept coughing and coughing, unable to answer their concerns.
 
All he did was point toward a dish on the table and finally leaves his seat, dashing out the Cafe with his coughing getting fainter and fainter.
 
"Ah! Crayfish!!" Sungjae exclaimed.
 
"Is it possible that he...has seafood allergy?" HyunA thought aloud.
 
Everyone just gasped aloud and nodded of the possibility.
 
Hearing HyunA's comment had made Da Hye confirm the final proof she can ever find to prove the truth about Eunkwang. That was it! 
Without much hesitation, she dashed out of the Cafe toward the direction of where she had seen Eunkwang headed to.
 
Ji Min had seafood allergy. Now Eunkwang was giving similar signs about someone having a seafood allergy.
It can't all be coincidence can it?
He has, just has to be Ji Min.
 
Right?
 
 *******
 
 
 
A/N_ Hellooo! 
Because of my supportive readers, I get so hyped and inspired to update.
Thank you so much! You guys really, really helped. ALOT. :D
 
Sooo..
Is there any more reason to not make Eunkwang confess that he is....Ji Min..?
Hmm...
What do you guys think?
Hahaha.
 
Yogi Kaji~
Tto beoja yeoreobun!
 
Wow!! xD