Chapter 10

My Bestfriend was all lies.

 

Da Hye has been running around CUBE territory for a while now, yet no sight of Eunkwang anywhere.
She tried all the toilets first. And it means even barging into every one of the gents she can find in the area. Thank God for it being late night because there is not anybody in the toilet when she barged in, or else she might have gotten another problem, without having to solve the current one.
 
She panted as she stepped out the last final gents toilet she can find. She puts her hands on her hips and thought hard.
 
"Where could he have been?" Her chest heaving up and down every milli-second.
 
She shut her eyes tight and bit her lower lip. She cracked her brain to find any possible destination. She even held her breath thinking it might contribute something.
 
She stood still as a statue for some long minutes before gasping out and heaved a heap of breath.
 
She whines when nothing popped in her brain. She knocked her head with the knuckles a few times and mess up her hair. Still, nothing is happening.
 
Only when she scan her eyes through the area, something caught her eyes. A sign plastered at the top of a building.
 
'Building B'
 
Its as if she saw a halo above the sign with bright light shining on it. She break into a smile and dashed toward the lobby, running past the reception, heading straight up the designated floor. She started banging on the door a few times.
 
She knew he has to be here. There is not anywhere else he could have gone. If you're feeling unwell, the safest and most comfortable place to be is your own home or apartment, right?
So he must be here.
 
In excitement she started banging again and again but, after a while, the door never budge.
 
Her heart started to drop in slight disappointment. She stopped banging and lean her ear on the door. She stayed silent, breathing ever so softly.
 
She heard it. Faint movements and non-stop coughs from inside.
 
Bingo.
He was in!
 
She started banging, again and again not intending to stop until the door finally creaks open, revealing the half-dead man behind the door, heaving.
 
Her eyes widened seeing the state Eunkwang was in.
 
"Eun-... Ji Min." She called out to him, only to jolt forward seconds after to catch him who collapsed holding onto his bulky apartment door. 
He was too weak to carry his own weight. 
 
 
Da Hye ransacked through Eunkwang's apartment for all the medicinal necessities she could find.
Like she suspected, Eunkwang did have a seafood allergy. His medications were neatly placed in his kitchen drawer.
Eunkwang somehow caught a fever too. 
Da Hye somehow managed to drag the weak Eunkwang into his apartment and laid him into his bed.
While dragging him, Da Hye felt his hot skin tingling on hers.
So she took his allergy pills and some paracetamol and headed back to the side of his bed.
 
She put down the tray of medications and stared at Eunkwang. Eunkwang had his forehead scrunched with lines as he whimpered a little, coughing out dry breaths. 
He seems to be in pain. Da Hye could not help to lower herself settling down at the edge of his bed and held onto his hands.
 
She has been in this situation before, a few years back, Ji Min got this same allergy and Da Hye was the one who attend to him at that point of time too.
She snapped out of her reverie and stood up, picking up the pills and the glass of water and handed it over to the half-conscious Eunkwang. She helped him to lean forward in order for him to swallow down the pills. He coughed out a few times and drop his head on the pillow feeling very exhausted.
 
Eunkwang looked shagged and worn out, as if he had not been sleeping for weeks.
 
Da Hye, seated at the edge of his bed felt bad and concern.
She wanted to ask him a hundred and one question, like how she has been anticipating this moment, but seeing him in this state, she did not have the heart to do it.
Feeling disappointed is for sure but Eunkwang's condition is more of an importance right now.
 
She really really wanted to end her curiosity tonight but maybe, this was fate.
Maybe she should let it go for the night.
 
She stood up and took a last glance at Eunkwang before deciding to make a move.
Even before she took a step, Eunkwang shot his hand up and grabs Da Hye's wrist.
 
"Don't leave." He managed to croak. "Stay with me... Da Hye-ah,"
 
Da Hye's eyes widened a little as she whisk her head around.
 
The voice...
 
It was Ji Min's voice.
 
Immediately she settles back on the edge of his bed and gripped his hand in her's.
She smiled as tears clouded her eyes.
 
"Ji Min ah...Ji Min ah..." She chanted gladly, the back of Eunkwang's palm.
 
With his eyelids getting heavier and him getting drowsier, Eunkwang finally falls into a deep slumber feeling Da Hye's presence by his side.
 
***
 
Da Hye zoned out as she stirred her morning coffee.
 
"Why did you leave me?" She asked calmly.
 
Eunkwang avoided her eyes as he sat on his bed leaning his back on the pillow.
 
"Ji Min-ah. Please, don't torture me anymore. I just want to know why you suddenly disappeared and leave me. I won't be angry, I promise."
 
Da Hye move in closer on his bed and held his hand.
 
Eunkwang finally gave in and sighed. He turn his head and faced Da Hye, looking her in the eyes.
 
"Because you were gonna leave me first."
 
Da Hye was taken aback. Her eyes widened slightly as she knitted her brows.
 
What the hell was Eunkwang talking about?
 
"Huh, wh-what do you mean? When was I leaving you? I- I-"
 
"I saw you, and that guy together at college that day. He confessed to you and it seems like you were going to accept his confession. My bestfriend was going to leave me for another guy. I was mad! I was so mad that I thought before you could leave me, I'll leave you first!" Eunkwang raised his voice a little at the end.
 
Da Hye hung in surprise. Then the sides of slightly went up and she burst into a huge laugh.
 
"Mwo?" She said still in her fits of laughter.
 
Eunkwang glared toward her.
 
She arose and stood on her knees which makes her taller than Eunkwang who was sitting, and ruffled his hair.
 
"Aigoo, you foolish boy!"
 
"Y-yah!" Eunkwang smacked her hand away.
 
"Aigooo! So childish." Da Hye smirked at him. "Ji Min, I will never leave my bestfriend. Nothing can change that, even if I date another guy."
 
Eunkwang's eyes widen but he quickly looks away to hide it.
The words she said sounded sweet but somehow it pierced his heart.
 
'Even if you dated another guy?'
 
Eunkwang clenched his jaw a little, controlling the slight disappointment he felt.
 
Da Hye suddenly grabs both of his hands in hers.
Eunkwang whipped his head back at Da Hye. He eyed his hands in hers, and felt his heart beating half a beat faster.
 
"Ji Min-ah, I will never leave you. You're my bestfriend. Even up till now. I won't leave you, okay?" She ended with a warm smile.  
 
"I'm glad that we're together again. Eventhough you've debuted, I will still be the best-est and most supportive person to you. Aren't you happy?" She giggled, feeling excited.
 
Eunkwang avoided her eyes again and nodded. 
 
She glanced at her watch and jumped off the bed.
 
"Oh my god, it's seven thirty! I have to be at the dance studio by 9! We'll be getting a mission today." She hastily brought the tray of pills and empty glass that was Eunkwang's and placed it in the sink.
 
Before she left, she turns to look at Eunkwang.
 
"You're coming later right?" 
 
Eunkwang nodded which gained him a huge grin from Da Hye.
 
"Great! I'll see you later!" she cheered and left his apartment.
 
 
Da Hye could not help feeling the glee about regaining her bestfriend back.
She feels so much more motivated to train knowing that she is in the same company as Ji Min.
 
She gulp down the last drop of coffee and washed the cup.
She could not sleep a wink last night. She stayed in Eunkwang's apartment to make sure he was fine through the night.
 
"Trainees please make your way into the Dance studio, we're starting in five."
 
Da Hye placed the clean cup on the tray and left the pantry walking toward the designated room.
Coincidentally at the same time, Eunkwang was coming from the other side.
Da Hye's eyes lit up seeing Eunkwang walking down.
 
"Ji Min-ah!" She cried, waving her hand madly.
 
Other trainees who were making their way gave her dirty looks and scoffed inwardly.
 
Hearing Da Hy's cry, Eunkwang halted and eyed his surroundings.
 
Da Hye was confused at his sudden action and jogged toward him.
 
"Ji Min, what's wrong?"
 
Eunkwang snapped his eyes at her and grip Da Hye's wrist, dragging her toward the nearest corner.
 
"Shh. Don't call me that here!" He hissed.
 
"But why?"
 
"J-just because. I'm known as Eunkwang here."
 
Da Hye tilted her head feeling very confused.
 
Before Da Hye could question any longer, Eunkwang moved off, heading into the Dance studio.
 
***
 
"Your special mission for the next 2 weeks is Collaboration. Here in this envelopes are names of other idols from other companies. Of course, they are all still rookies, same as your mentors. We want to see how well you work with other idols so you will be partnered up with someone from another company and we will grade on how you two work together." 
 
Whispers came from the trainees as they felt excited for the special mission.
 
"Come to the front and choose your envelope to reveal your working idol partner for the next 2 weeks."
 
The trainees came forward and picked their choices.
 
Upon receiving her envelope, she stood at a corner and revealed her working idol partner.
She gasped as she muttered the name printed on the paper.
 
Bang Yong Guk
 
 
 
~★~
 
 
 
 
 
A/N_Bam bam! Somebody appeared! xD
 
Anyway guys, I don't know what I'm writing really.
I am just gonna go with the flow. My initial story I had in mind is like....poof!
Sigh.
 
Hope its interesting enough.
 
I am having soooooo many Eunkwang feels these days!! It's like everday I yearn for him!
I dont know why! I think I'm crazyyyy! >_<
 
 
Yogi Kaji~
Tto beoja yeorobun! *waves*