Chapter 11

My Bestfriend was all lies.

 

Da Hye stared at the piece of paper with the written name of her idol partner and glance up at the face of the owner to and fro.

She could not believe her eyes. The person standing in front of her, her idol partner, is Bang Yong Guk.

“Y-yong Guk?” Da Hye called out in confusion.

Bang Yong Guk, standing tall with his arms folded across his chest and lifted one of his brows.

“What? You don’t recognize me anymore?” He teased in his low, husky voice.

“Yong Guk?” Da Hye repeated.

He nodded, growing more impatient.

“Yong-“

“YAH! Me, me, me! It’s me!” He growled.

Da Hye broke into a grin.

“Oh my god! I can’t believe this! Why..since when..how..”

He nodded and grins wide, feeling proud.

“But blonde…makes you look old.” Da Hye teased, pointing to his hair.

“Oi!” He countered.

Da Hye giggled at her success.

“I still can’t believe it. You knew about this?” Da Hye questions.

“At first I didn’t but when I got your profile page, and saw your photo, I figured it was you.”

“Hmm...” Da Hye replied, nodding as she lands her fingers on her chin.

“Well then, let’s work together professionally!” Yong Guk released his hand for a friendly shake.

Da Hye receives the shake and bowed.

“Please take care of me!” She chimed.

***

Eversince the mission started few days back, Da Hye has not seen Ji Min. They were both busy with their own schedule.

Meanwhile Yong Guk has been making time aside from his own packed schedule to come down to CUBE Ent. for the collaboration mission, almost every day.

“So, you got a song in mind yet?” He asked her while leaning at the edge of the table, looking at Da Hye who was flipping through the lyrics file.

They were both in the vocal room.

“Hmmm!” Da Hye hummed aloud.

She then smacked the file close and threw it aside.

“Arrrhhhhhh!” She cried messing up her hair. “Mollaaaaa!”

 She has been doing that a lot lately. It’s becoming a habit.

“Oi! Oi! Oi!” Yong Guk spat and stopped her gesture.

He brought her hands down and left them in her lap as he started meddling with the knots in her long hair.

Da Hye pouted; feeling pressured as she let Yong Guk did what he was doing.

“Heung~ why is it so difficult? I can’t seem to find a song suitable for us!” She whined.

“Come on, calm down. There must be something that we can come up with. We still got sufficient time.” Yong Guk comforted, lifting Da Hye’s chin up to look at him.

He gave a comforting smile to her as he continued meddling with some few knots still within her hair.

Da Hye automatically smiled back, feeling a little better by Yong Guk’s words.

They stayed that way for some calm silence before the door of the room creaks open revealing Eunkwang who happens, again like any other occasion, to witness the smile exchanged by the two and Yong Guk meddling with Da Hye’s hair.

He felt sudden irritation in him. He frowned and cleared his throat out loud on purpose.

Da Hye and Yong Guk turned to face him. Eunkwang did not even hide his disapproval look from them.

Da Hye stumbled up from her chair and straightened her hair.

“Ji M- Eun- Ah! Sunbae!” She stuttered, taking a step away from Yong Guk.

“Wh-what are you doing here?” She asked.

Eunkwang folded his arms on his chest and raised an eyebrow.

 

“What, I can’t be here? I need to check on my protégé of course!” Eunkwang scoffed.

“Ahh~ that’s right. Erm, but what do you want to check on, we haven’t really-“

“Ah forget it.” Eunkwang interrupted and left the room.

“Eh? Bu-“

Da Hye did not manage to finish her sentence before the door of the vocal room shuts with a slight bang.

“Mwoya… What the hell is wrong with him?” Yong Guk commented in his low voice.

Da Hye’s heart dropped due to Eunkwang’s actions. Why was he suddenly cold again?

“Come on Da Hye, we should start brainstorming.”

She decided to throw her disappointment aside and focus on her mission.

 

That night she could not help but to feel disturbed by Eunkwang’s actions earlier that day. She darted to his apartment and banged on his door loud.

Eunkwang hesitated on opening the door because he knew it was Da Hye. He swung the door open to reveal Da Hye who was slightly panting

Eunkwang left the door open and moved toward his sofa for a seat. Da Hye with no hesitations entered and closed the bulky door behind her.

“Are you okay?” She started.

Eunkwang raised a brow and replied, “Why shouldn’t I be?”

She moved toward him and settled down beside him.

“Because you left just like that without hearing what I was going to say just now!” She explained.

Eunkwang just shrugged and avoid her eyes.

“Ji Min, are you sure you’re okay? Something happened during your schedule? You can talk to me, I’m your bestfriend aren’t I?”

Eunkwang rolled his eyes instantly.

Honestly, he felt irritated the moment he knew about Da Hye’s idol partner. Memories started crashing his brain and he unknowingly felt agitation. When he saw Yong Guk meddling with Da Hye’s hair made him felt worse. So before he could do something rash, he thought he should leave.

“Ji Min-ah, say something…” Da Hye tried again.

Eunkwang just shook his head and rises from his seat.

“It’s nothing, I’m just tired.”

And upset.’ But he left that part out.

“You should leave, I’m turning in.” He strode off to his queen bed and settled in.

Da Hye could only sigh and initiated to leave.

“Remember, don’t let anyone know that I am Ji Min,” he muttered loud enough to Da Hye’s ears.

She turned to look at Eunkwang, having the question why? already at .

“Please…” He pleaded, as if knew he was going to be questioned.

With that he pulled up his blanket and turned away.

Da Hye whispered a ‘good night’ and just left.

‘Maybe he really is tired.’ Da Hye told herself, trying to not feel offended.

 

After Da Hye left, Eunkwang turns back to face his apartment ceiling. He was tired, but he was not sleepy. Yet.

He stared at the ceiling as the memories never left his brain.

 

Ji Min and Da Hye were supposed to meet for their daily dance practice that day after their last class but Da Hye was late. So Eunkwang took the effort to make a detour to Da Hye’s lecture building to find her but something halted his steps a few meters away from Da Hye’s class.

He saw Da Hye, facing another guy, who was holding her hands in his. The guy closed in to her ears and muttered something. Instantly Da Hye’s cheeks went tomato red, looking away as she tried to hold in her smile.

Ji Min clenched his fists unknowingly as he felt his heart boil. Before he turned away to dart off, he saw the guy mumbled something again which made Da Hye giggled as her rosy cheeks never faded.

 

‘How can I not realize that he became an idol too? And why must he appear in front of Da Hye again?’

Eunkwang grunted in frustration as he kept turning in his bed trying to get comfortable. He shut his eyes tight and forced himself to sleep. Even though his eyes were not tired, his body definitely was. He finally dozed off into dreamland, gritting onto his teeth tightly.

***

 

“I’m gonna change change change change change”

“One, two three, huh! Let’s get let’s get let’s move it,”

“Let’s get let’s get let’s start it,”

“You you you you ready?”

“Yeah~ we just burn it,”

“Jakkuman shigani ga gwaenhan geokjeongman neureoga- Ahhhh! I can’t do it!” Yong Guk exclaimed ruffling his blonde hair.

Yong Guk called Da Hye early this morning to ask if Da Hye could come to TS Entertainment instead as he could not make the time to travel to Cube Entertainment.

They have been practicing in the dance studio the moment Da Hye arrived.

They decided to go with HyunA’s ‘Change’ but it seems like Yong Guk was having some difficulties.

“Oh come on!! Let’s just try again! Oh? We got no time for a change of song,” Da Hye pleaded.

“I can’t! I just…can’t! I’m gonna spoil the song, and Junhyung’s gonna sue me for it! And worse, you’re in CUBE!” He dropped onto the laminated floor.

They both have tried multiple times to complete the whole song but Yong Guk would always mess it up every time the rap comes about. It really seems impossible for them now.

Da Hye dropped opposite him and heaved a sigh.

“I’m sorry.” She said.

“What for?! You’re making me feel worse now!” Yong Guk protested.

Da Hye meddled with her hands in between her thighs.

“Because… I . I can’t even make you feel the song in order for you to rap. I’m such a bad partner.” She felt closing up.

Yong Guk waddled closer and held her hands in his.

“Don’t be, please. I’m at fault here, I’m such a bad rapper.” Yong Guk tried to cheer her up.

Da Hye just shook her head, still hanging her head low.

“Da Hye, please. Look at me. Hey, look at me.” He lifts her head up to meether eyes glistening in tears. “Don’t lose hope yet, we still have a few days, we can make it.” He squeezed her hand to give some encouragement.

Da Hye forced a smile.

“Get up, come on. Let’s try again!” He suggested.

With only a light tug, Da Hye was pulled into a standing position again.

They faced the wide vast mirror and prepared as the song boomed from the speakers.

 

“Yeah,” Da Hye started

“Yes yes yes!” Yong Guk copied.

 “This! I’m bring it bring it let-let’s go! Uh oh uh-”

 

 “A-Yo, Yong Guk hyung!” Zelo barged in swinging the door hard that it caused a huge bang.

 

Da Hye stopped singing, jumping out of her skin in shock. Both of them whisk around.

The remaining members spilled in behind Zelo, dropping their bags at the corner as they started stretching.

 

“Yah! No jugule?! Can’t you be more polite for an entrance?” Yong Guk charged toward Zelo and pulled his ear.

“Ow, Ow! A-arasseo hyung. Jalmottaesseo.” Zelo whined, trying to get a hold of his own ear from Yong Guk’s grasp.

“Hyung, times up. Our practice time now.” Jong Up interrupted.

Da Hye’s shoulder sagged when she heard Jong Up’s announcement.

‘One more unfruitful day, gone...’ She sighed as she started to gather her belongings.

“Aish.” Yong Guk cursed under his breath.

Da Hye bowed toward the boys and made her way out the practice room. As she exited the door, a pretty, slim lady came in.

Da Hye bowed in respect to the lady as she smiled friendly back to her.

“BAP-deul, I was told to tell you guys to start off first, choreo-oppa will be slightly late. Stuck in a meeting.” She politely announced.

The boys just mumbled thanks as they started to get into positions.

As the lady was about to leave, something struck Yong Guk, giving him the greatest idea ever.

He snapped his head toward Da Hye’s back figure with a huge grin.

“That’s it…” He soflty muttered to himself and suddenly shouted,

“Ji Eun!”

 

~★~

 

A/N_Now the whoooole of BAP appeared. Kekeke. ;D

Don't worry, these guys were paid enough to have more scenes in this story.

LOL.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter~

 

Yogi Kaji!

Tto Beoja yeoreobun!!

Ppyeong!

 

p.s : Finally got the poster done!~

(Yeahh, that is Goo Hara. When somebody asked me how Da Hye looks like that one time, I wondered for a moment and she appeared in my eyes. Don't ask me why. Rofl. Pretend she's not Hara okay? xD)