Chapter 13

My Bestfriend was all lies.

 

As soon as she reached the backstage, a stage crew passes her microphone as she sees the other 5 BAP boys in that similar suit Yong Guk was in but theirs were in black– All looking as hot.

“Da Hye-shii, 5 minutes” The stage crew announces.

By then, all Da Hye’s nervousness was getting too much. She started to feel short breathed. She turns away from the guys and started to pray. She was praying so hard, hoping that she will not screw anymore stages. She clasped her trembling hands and shut her eyes.

She then felt a warm presence on her shoulder. She turns to find Yong Guk looking at her in a gentle, supportive gaze.

“You’ll do fine,” he said and plastered a smile.

Da Hye plastered a smile and turned to the other 5 boys who were standing by the side. They smiled and showed her fist pumps, hoping it could send her some confidence.

“Fighting, Noona!” Zelo chimed with his cute dimple smile.

 

 “Min Da Hye-shii, you’re up,”

The six boys gave glances to each other, nodded in unison and turned to Da Hye.

Da Hye took a whole lot of breath before letting out and nodded at the boys gesturing that she was ready.

 

“Next up in line, we have the following trainee mentored by the one and only leader of BTOB – Seo Eunkwang!” The emcees announced trying to lift up the atmosphere.

Eunkwang rolled his eyes as he felt his now calm agitation building up again. He wanted to get up and leave, not bearing to see the two of them on stage but he held it in for his own image.

“Put your hands together for Min Da Hye-shii and her idol partner – BAP’s leader, Bang Yong Guk” The two emcees signaled each other and finally announced Da Hye’s stage, “Give it up for Min Da Hye everybody!”

 

The stage lights fade out making it pitch black.

Da Hye took in another heap of breath and made her way into the stage. The atmosphere was so silent that she couldn’t feel anything at all. Not even the beating of her own heart that was pumping crazily in her chest. It’s as if all her senses went numb. She can’t see, she can’t hear, she can’t feel. She trembled and her legs went limp. She sank lower but Yong Guk managed to get a hold of her shoulders, gripping it tight.

He lowered to her ear and whispered,

“Da Hye, get a grip!”

Da Hye snapped out of it and clenched her fist tight.

 

‘No. I am not screwing it this time.’ So she mustered whatever was left of her courage and stood on standby.

 

Soon, the stage lights went bright and the whole auditorium lit up.

The soothing guitar introduction boomed the stage followed by Yong Guk’s narration.

 

“I know it ain’t easy, for two of us. That’s right man, but you know what, so sometimes just don’t care what people say man, things are going crazy all the times you know, I got no choice, let me just do this for love.”

 

And then the singing started but Da Hye’s lips were not moving or singing into the microphone.

People started muttering amongst themselves, wondering if it was a technical mistake until, Daehyun came strolling out from behind the curtains, holding onto a stalk of white rose.

The crowd gasps as the rest of BAP members came out after him and positioned themselves somewhere on the stage.

Daehyun handed the white rose over to Yong Guk who started rapping his part of the song and making his way toward Da Hye. He went pass behind her, running his hand through her hair, and finally knelt slightly by her side, handing her the white rose.

The crowd started to cheer slightly, getting excited anticipating the show.

Yong Guk then stretches out his hands and entwines his fingers in hers which gained him another round of cheers from the audience.

He pulled her into the exact center of the stage where the remaining members started surrounding this two.

 

Comes the part of the song where Da Hye and Yong Guk, sang together.

The center stage started to ascend slowly, bringing Da Hye and Yong Guk up higher.

 

“You, don’t know me, never ever ever know… You don’t know me, never ever ever…”

 

As Zelo moved on with his rapping, Yong Guk and Da Hye were still up in the higher stage. Yong Guk had his arm around her waist as Da Hye had hers on his broad shoulder. It’s as if they were having a small moment on that small stage, engrossed in their own world.

The crowd went wild. Some were even at the edge of their seats, witnessing the movie-like love scene between these two.

Despite being in a very dangerous distance, Da Hye looked into Yong Guk’s dark eyes and could not help but smile. She felt glad that her idol partner was him. She managed to do all these because of him. She smiled genuinely at him.

It’s as if a telepathy message was transferred, Yong Guk broke into a shy smirk as he looked away, feeling heat creeping up his cheeks.

Da Hye giggled slightly seeing Yong Guk acting all shy.

‘It’s cute’ she thought.

As soon as the higher stage descended down and reached the same level as the normal main stage, the end of the song was nearing.

Yong Guk and Da Hye stayed in the center but turned around, making their bodies back to back. 

Just seconds before the song ends, Yong Guk entwines his hand again in hers from the back, twirled Da Hye around which caused her white dress to swirl beautifully. He pulled her closer into his chest, and ended the song with a move – Da Hye’s left check with the back of his fingers.

 

The crowd went insane! The applause was ear-splitting. Cheers and whistles came about making Da Hye feel so proud and happy of herself.

‘I did it? I didn’t screw it!’ She could not wipe off the wide grin across her face as she bowed in gratitude.

She was smiling widely until she saw a very familiar figure, moving through the front seats and left the auditorium without a glance back.

Eunkwang.

Eunkwang was so mad that he clenched his fist so tight until his knuckles went white.

Before he explodes, he pushed his way through s, out the seating line and darted off the auditorium with a boiling heart. As soon as the auditorium door closed behind him, he punched the wall hard, causing his knuckles to bleed. That felt nothing because the pain in his heart was overwhelming every other thing.

Hot tears collected at the tip of his eye-bags. He rashly wipes the tears away and darted off, running out in the public, heading nowhere with no specific directions.

 

Da Hye went back stage with big smiles as the BAP members congratulated her and complimented her for doing so well. Even the other trainees patted her back and gave her thumbs up. Da Hye could not explain the feeling she was having because it felt… awesome.

She was more than confident now. She could not wait for the next mission because she was ready to blow it away like how she did minutes ago.

 

Soon the performances were all over and they were all seated; trainees and idol partners – in the auditorium, anticipating the results. Da Hye was really, really confident that she did not screw it this time. She had proved that she was a worthy trainee. She was going to pass this mission, and say, with flying colours.

 

She patiently waited with a small smile despite her hand cold-sweating. Even with that confidence, feeling nervous is inevitable.

 

Hyunsik who has been observing her from the back seat finally took the courage to break the ice. He lean forward and held onto Da Hye’s back seat.

 

“You were great, Noona.” He greeted, plastering his usual charming smile.

 

Da Hye spun around in surprise.

 

“O-oh? Haha,” Da Hye’s lips automatically broke into a huge smile. “T-thanks,” She responded with flushed cheeks.

 

Hyunsik felt a tug in his heart but he hid it by smiling wider, turning his eyes into slits.

He would be lying if he said he was not jealous when he witnessed Yong Guk and Da Hye holding onto each other on stage earlier.

 

From the way Yong Guk gazed at Da Hye while on stage, he could figure that Yong Guk looks at Da Hye as more than just a collaborating partner. Even from afar, he could see the comfortable stance in both of them.

But what exactly is their relation was what he intend to find out later.

Witnessing all these, made his jealousy range went up higher but he tried all his might to hide the jealousy from getting exposed.

***

 

“Settle down everyone! We have the results!” One of the emcee announced.

 

Everyone went dead silent, with the trainees holding their breath.

 

“I am sure the trainees are dying to find out, so without further ado, let’s just announce quickly!” The other emcee said, rubbing his hands together, as if he was nervous too.

 

“The first trainee to pass the mission… drum rolls please – Dugun dugun dugun dugun dugun~”

 

“I am proud to announce, the mentor – Lim Hyunsik, Collaboration idol partner – Vixx’s N and Trainee – Kim Taemin-imnida!!!”

 

The crowd blew up into cheers as Kim Taemin rises from his seat and bowed in gratitude with Hyunsik patting his back proudly.

 

One after one successful trainee was called out but Da Hye’s name has yet to be announced.

 

“We’re down to our last successful name with 3 trainees remaining. So who will be that lucky trainee?” The emcee halted his words, trying to create some tension in the air.

 

Da Hye started to fidget in her seat as she made glances to the other two remaining trainee. The other two were Sungjae’s trainee – MinA; and Changseob’s – Taegoon who were itching in their seats too.

 

Da Hye shut her eyes and prayed.

 

‘Please let it be me… please let it be me’ She chanted in her heart.

 

“The final trainee is…”

 

Da Hye felt her breath hitch in .

 

“…Kwon Taegoon! Chukkahamnida!”

 

Da Hye’s eyes immediately popped open and the world around her suddenly turned pitch black. She was suddenly in a dark, dark room with not a single light at all or even anyone. She felt her body going hot and cold.

She was in shock.

 

She actually failed the mission?

 

B-but why? What went wrong?’

 

~★~

 

A/N_ Oh no! D; Da Hye getting kicked out?

          Ji Min, where are you? Seo Eun Kwang, what are you going to do? ._.

 

Pst, you guys thought it's gonna be 'Going Crazy' right?

It's not! Mehrong~ xP Haha!

I'm just teasing. Choiseonghae! 

 

Once again,

I thank every single one of my readers, new or old, silent or not, without all of you, none of this would have been possible.

Thank you for the support.

Jinshim-euro~ ♥ 

Kamshamnida! ^-^

 

Yogi Kaji yeom~