Chapter 16

My Bestfriend was all lies.

 

Da Hye, Yong Guk and Eunkwang are now seated at a cafe a few shops down TS Entertainment.
 
Eunkwang who sat opposite the other two stared at Yong Guk as if giving him signs. Though it was pretty obvious, Yong Guk pretends he did not notice.
 
In fact, he closes in and swings his arm around Da Hye's shoulders. 
 
Eunkwang's body tensed but he controlled his emotions. He cleared his throat and fidgeted in his seat.
 
He finally gave up the signalling and requested for Yong Guk to leave.
 
"Can you give us some privacy?"
 
Yong Guk lifts his eyebrow and leans on the table-top, staring back at Eunkwang.
 
"Why? Whatever you're telling her, you're telling me, cause right now I'm her -"
 
"Yong Guk, it's okay. I'll be fine." Da Hye interrupted.
 
Eunkwang smirked mockingly to his rival at Da Hye's reply.
 
Yong Guk gave Da Hye an uncertain look. He gaze into her eyes before he sighed in defeat.
 
"Fine." He muttered and initiate to leave.
 
Da Hye felt bad so she added a sentence before Yong Guk left.
 
"I'll call you,"
 
...which made Eunkwang frown slightly.
 
Da Hye's eyes trailed the back of Yong Guk's jacket until he disappeared.
 
She sighed inwardly feeling guilty.
"What is it?" She started, slowly lifting her head to look at Eun Kwang.
 
Eunkwang held her hand on the table with both his hands, squeezing it lightly.
 
"Da Hye I'm sorry, I'm sorry you were eliminated but please don't sign on with TS," He pleaded.
 
Da Hye widen her eyes in surprise.
 
"I know it's my fault, so let me mend this. Let me explain to the CEO and let you train in CUBE again. Oh?"
 
Da Hye blinked a few times and bit her lower lip in confusion.
She was not sure. She was considering if she should trust Eunkwang. Half her heart was telling her to give him a chance while the other was telling her to not be stupid.
 
"Believe me, I won't hurt you again."
 
When Da Hye was still hesitating, Eunkwang added,
 
"Don't you trust your bestfriend Ji Min? It's me Da Hye-ah.." Eunkwang pleaded.
 
Da Hye bit her bottom lip harder as her eyes started to water.
 
***
 
Da Hye arrived back at Yong Guk's apartment feeling wrong and confused.
 
Yong Guk was sitting on the sofa.
 
He was upset about having to leave but he has to trust Da Hye, so he pushed the feeling aside.
 
"Da Hye-ah, talk to me," Yong Guk requested tapping the space beside him.
 
Da Hye abide. She settled down and lowered her head.
 
"What did he want?" Yong Guk started calmly.
 
"He..." She hesitated. 
 
"Come on, you can tell me. I'm not mad," he persisted.
 
"He wants me to come back to CUBE," 
 
Yong Guk plastered his lips together to stop him from any possible swearing.
 
He turns away to hide his agitation and said in gritted teeth, "I knew it!"
 
Da Hye's guilt started to swarm her whole heart. Her eyes inevitably started tearing again.
 
"He has always been so possessive over you... since college.." Yong Guk muttered.
 
Da Hye could not stop her tears. They overflowed from the brim of her eyes.
 
Yong Guk turn back and caught her crying. Now he felt bad for reacting the way he did.
 
"Do-don't cry... please,"
 
Da Hye wiped her tears and stopped herself from crying.
 
"So what did you tell him?" Yong Guk continued.
 
Da Hye stayed silent but returns the gaze he was giving her. Her lips trembled again.
 
Yong Guk's eyes slightly widens as his expression turn dark. He finally understood the meaning behind Da Hye's silence.
 
"You agreed..." he murmured.
 
"Mianhae..."
 
***
 
Da Hye's hands were clammy as she sits in CUBE Entertainment's lounge room waiting to be called into the CEO's room. She is now back in this agency as Eunkwang had promised he would do the explanation to their management but unfortunately Eunkwang has yet to be seen. 
Da Hye became anxious..
 
What if he did not come?
 
"Da Hye-ssi, you can go up now." The receptionist politely gestured.
 
"Ouh, erm.." Da Hye wanted to ask regarding Eunkwang but she stopped herself. 
 
She turns her head around to get a last glance hoping Eunkwang would come running to her apologizing for being late but, the hallway was still empty. She glances back to the receptionist who still plastered a smile to her. 
Da Hye gave a weak smile in gratitude and makes her way up.
 
She halted at the front of the CEO's door and heaved a huge breath. She brushes her clammy palms together and shut her eyes. She mumbled some prayers for things to go well. She popped her eyes open and glance to her left, still hoping to see Eunkwang but, it seems like she will be handling this alone.
 
She could not help to feel the disappointment but she brushes it away.
 
She decides to take things herself since she has already traveled all the way here.
 
She builds up her courage and knocks on the CEO's door. She twists the door knob when she heard the invitation.
 
"Annyeonghas-" Da Hye halted when she saw Eunkwang settled at the seat in front of Mr Hong.
 
Her face lit up at the sight of Eunkwang but the latter seemed to respond blankly.
 
"Ahh.. Da Hye-ssi, it's been a while." Mr Hong greeted with a smile. "What brings you here?"
 
"Eh?" Da Hye was confused. 
 
Mr Hong did not know the reason behind my presence?
 
"Ani..." She trailed turning to look at Eunkwang who returns her a blank stare.
 
She then raises her brow at him.
Eunkwang copied.
She repeated the action.
 
Don't tell me he... forgot?
 
Eunkwang scrunched his face for mere seconds then his eyes went wide in realization.
 
! I..  forgot.
 
His face clearly showed his thoughts. 
Da Hye's shoulder sagged in disappointment as she sighed inwardly.
 
I guess I really have to do this myself.
 
"Well, my purpose of meeting you today is because Eun-"
 
"Ahahaha..." Eunkwang interrupted and stood up.
"She came to see me. I guess she might have heard that I was with you so she came here." Eunkwang reasoned.
 
He grabs onto her wrist and whispered to her, "Let's discuss this outside."
 
"We'll be off Sajang-nim," Eunkwang bowed and turns toward the door pulling Da Hye by her wrist.
 
Da Hye managed to bow to the CEO before she was dragged out.
 
Eunkwang made sure they were both around the corner before he released her.
 
"Da Hye -"
 
"You forgot." She cuts him.
 
Eunkwang sighed. "Da Hye, I'm sorry. I-"
 
"Just forget it." Da Hye said and turns around to leave.
 
"No wait wait wait, Da Hye please." Eunkwang managed to grab onto her wrist before she even made a step.
 
He spins her around and looks into her flaring eyes.
 
"Da Hye please, listen. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.  I.. I was too caught up with my schedules that I forgot. Please forgive me.  I promise I'll do it tomorrow. Oh? I promise." 
 
Da Hye's eyes soften hearing the determined explanation.
 
"I'm sorry.. oh?" Eun Kwang repeated gently while gazing into her eyes.
 
 He moved his grip from her wrist down the her hand. He held onto it firmly and the back of her palm gently with his thumb. 
 
Da Hye's heart started to beat faster at the gentle touch and gentle gaze from Eun Kwang. 
She had never felt this before. Throughout the years spending time with Ji Min, she never felt her heart beating faster than norm.
 
And now she could not seem to break herself from his gaze.
Da Hye tried to speak but she could form no words.
 
W..wh..what is this I am feeling?
 
 
~★~
 
 
 
 
A/N_Thank you for patiently waiting and reading. :)
        Hope you enjoyed the chapter.