Chapter 5

My Bestfriend was all lies.

 

The sun was bright shining on Da Hye's face.
Da Hye and Ji Min just finished practice and they were out in the wide green field opposite the run down house they found and kept as their secret training place. 
Both, Da Hye and Ji Min, were spread across the field, sun bathing.
They loved to spend some time resting after training themselves after school hours, watching the tall grasses dancing to the wind flow and even the sun setting, greeting the night.
 
"Haaaa~ Neomu chowaaaaaaa!" Da Hye let out, eyes closed but with a small smile on her face.
 
Ji Min too had his eyes closed, lying next to her.
He smiled as he heard Da Hye's let out.
He turns to look at her, lying on his sides using his arm as a pillow.
He eyed Da Hye who still had her eyes closed, intensely, smiling as he saw her calm, sweet face.
Her breathing was slow, her chest heaving up and down calmly.
 
He decided to do what he always did.
 
Da Hye was drowned in her own darkness. The wind was blowing lightly on her face skin.
It feels like she could doze off anytime soon. The darkness is taking her in, further and further.
Then she suddenly felt something trailing down the bridge of her nose down to her soft lips and lower down to her chin.
There's a tap on her left cheek, and it ends with a light star on her right cheek.
She couldn't help but smile. 
Ji Min. 
Ji Min loved doing that to her.
 
Da Hye's eyes popped open.
The image of the green field and wind was suddenly transformed into an apartment.
And there was no Ji Min by her side.
Da Hye frowned. 
 
'Was I just dreaming? But it felt so surreal...'
 
The gestures on her nose, her chin and her cheeks felt real.
She really felt it on her just seconds ago, but, there is not anyone by her side right now.
 
'Who could have done it? Or maybe I was really, really dreaming?'
 
She decided to throw the thought away. She intended to stand but then realized her sore ankle was now in a clean bandage.
She titled her head in confusion. 
 
'Who......?'
 
And then it struck her that she was in Eunkwang's apartment.
She scans around the room and saw Eunkwang by the side of his bed, putting on a jacket over his t-shirt.
 
"Huh. Finally...." He grumbled giving Da Hye a glare.
 
Da Hye stood up realizing her ankle feeling much better.
 
"Where are you going?" she asked innocently, approaching Eunkwang.
 
Eunkwang ignored the question but continued the glaring.
He took his keys and belongings and intended to leave the room.
 
"Where are you going?" Da Hye asked persistently.
She walked closer to him.
 
Eunkwang rolled his eyes and gave another endless glare.
 
"I have practice too. I am not here to just train you. I am a singer, so move." And with that he left.
 
"I-I'll come along!" Da Hye cried and tailed him being footsteps behind.
 
~~~
 
[SungJae] Naega tteonajulge ([EunKwang] Oh~, Oh, No, No)
Niga sirheojige
Ije deoneun gwichanke maedalliji anke ([EunKwang] Gwichanke maedalliji anke)
[Hyunsik] I‘m gonna be better
Charari eomneun ge deo ([EunKwang] Oh no)
Oneulttara bimiri neomu manheun neo ([EunKwang] Oh~ho~)
You make me go Insane
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again
[IlHoon] Hangsang neon amureochi anheun cheok kkok jigeum jeonhwal badayagesseo ([ChangSub] I wanna hate you)
[EunKwang] You make me go Insane ([ChangSub] Sane~)
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again~ 
Oh no~ Oh no~
 
Da Hye was flabbergasted as she witnessed the 7 Born to Beat boys sing and dance in front of her. Even though it was just practice, they performed it with so much effort. They all look different than when they were mentoring. Their eyes showed fire and their sweat screamed passion.
 
Da Hye was awestruck. She wanted to be like them, train as hard as them.
She was the only trainee there. She didn't know where the rest have been.
 
"Alright guys, let's take a 5." The choreographer announce and the boys break from their positions, gulping water down their throats.
 
Hyunsik approaches her with a light smirk and drop next to her.
Da Hye suddenly felt nervous.
 
"Noona..." he called out, voice a little husky.
 
Da Hye's heart raced, everytime she heard him calling her that.
She looked away, avoiding his gaze and cleared nervously.
 
Hyunsik knew Da Hye was starting to feel uncomfortable. He smirked and lean in closer to her ear.
 
"Noo..na," he whispered to her ear ily.
 
That sent electricity down Da Hye's spine. She turns to him and jolted back in surprise.
Hyunsik was too close to her. And that smirk plastered on his face was getting to charming for her.
 
*smack*
 
"Ow!" Hyunsik screamed, holding the back of his head.
 
"Stop flirting with her can you?" A squeaky voice reprimanded.
 
Da Hye lifts her gaze and saw the other members surrounding the two of them, reprimanding Hyunsik for his cheekiness. 
She gave a glance at the owner's voice and gave a nod as a respectful gesture.
 
Changseob then lowered himself and release a hand.
 
"Hi. I'm Changseob. What's your name?" he started, giving her a Mr. Bean smile after.
 
Da Hye was hesitant to reply to his hand gesture but in the end obliged because it would be disrespectful to decline.
 
Her slender hand meets Changseob's.
"Da Hye, Min Da Hye." She introduced.
Changseob nods, still having the Mr. Bean smile plastered..
 
"Hello! I'm Sungjae! The Maknae!" Sungjae shouted from where he stood.
 
And one by one, every member introduced themselves to Da Hye.
 
"That's a sweet name. How old are you?" Peniel questions. 
 
Da Hye observed him. He was milky white and he does not look Asian at all. 
He gave her a small smile as he wipes the sweat with his towel.
Da Hye kept silent. She was considering to answer his question.
 
Peniel suddenly felt embarrassed for asking something personal.
 
"Ah, I'm sorry. You don't have to answer that." He apologized bowing slightly.
 
"She's a Noona!" Hyunsik answered for her, only to get another smack on the head by Lee Minhyuk.
 
"Stop trying to be a smart alex! Aigoo!" Minhyuk reprimanded.
 
"It's true! She was born in 1990. Same age as you!" Hyunsik tapped Minhyuk's shoulder. "And Eunkwang-hyung too!" He pointed toward Eunkwang who stood at a corner.
 
Eunkwang gave a glare. The fact that s bother to get to know Da Hye makes him feel agitated.
 
"Is that true?" Ilhoon asked curiously as the rest turns their attention back to Da Hye.
 
Da Hye started to feel uncomfortable having 6 good looking guys having their eyes on her.
She managed a slight nod implying the fact.
 
The 6 guys burst into roars, for what purpose, Da Hye did not know.
 
"So Eunkwang-hyung's your mentor?" Sungjae asked.
 
She managed another nod.
 
"Is he treating you well?"
 
Silence. 
 
Da Hye routed her eyes to Eunkwang who was glaring straight at her. She turn back to the 6 guys only to get every one of the eyes, on her, waiting for her reply. She turns again to Eunkwang biting her bottom lip. Eunkwang widen his glaring eyes, warning her.
 
'Eotteokaji?' Da Hye thought, her breath hitching in .
 
When the words were about to slip out , the door barged open.
 
"BTOB-deullll!" A lady voice cried.
 
They all snapped their heads seeing 6 gorgeous ladies strolling in.
 
"Oh Noona!" Sungjae greeted and waved.
 
Soon all the members turn their focus toward the girls leaving Da Hye alone again.
 
Da Hye let out a relieved sigh and lowered her gaze, burying her head in her hands.
 
"Oh, igo nugu-ya? Annyeong! Nan G.Na ya..." a tall slender lady approaches her and settle down in front of her.
 
'Not again...'Da Hye bit her lip.
 
She gave Da Hye a sweet sincere smile, waving her hand in Da Hye's face.
 
"She's Eunkwang-hyung's protege"
Someone answered for her.
 
"Ahhh." 
 
The other 5 girls then approached.
 
"..deul set. Annyeonghaseyo uri-neun 4Minute!" The 5 girls greeted her hyperly.
 
Da Hye stood up, bowing and replying their greeting respectfully.
 
"Please look after me." Da Hye said softly.
 
"Aigoo yeppeuda..!" G.Na ruffled her hair comfortably.
 
Da Hye chuckled sincerely. Even with the sudden gesture from G.Na, she felt a little less awkward thanks to G.Na for being so friendly.
 
"Ja ja, let's get started. Performance in 2 days." The choreographer suddenly appeared again into the dance room.
 
The 7 guys and 6 girls started forming into positions, partnering each other, a girl and a boy. 
Sadly, one BTOB member had no partner.
Da Hye settled down again at a corner and turn her focus to the rest on the dance floor.
 
Music started filling the room the the couples started moving their bodies to the tune. Hyunsik, being the only one without a partner, kept messing his steps, losing tempo.
 
"Yah yah yah! Im Hyunsik! Ttok baro anhae?" the choreographer screamed at him and stopped the music.
 
He cluttered his tongue at Hyunsik and showed how it was done properly. Hyunsik nodded and the routine started again. But, Hyunsik  was still out of tempo.
 
"Aigooo!!" The choreographer exhaled.
 
Others were frustrated at the frequent stops. Hyunsik just shrugged, expression not showing any guilt.
 
"What am I going to do with you?!" The choreographer exclaimed with hands on his hips.
 
"You can't blame me, hyung. I'm the only one without a partner. You don't know how difficult this is for me." Hyunsik faked a guilty tone.
 
The choreographer sighed.
 
"Then what do you want me to do? We're short of a lady partner."
 
Hyunsik's eyes lit up and he snapped his head toward Da Hye at the corner, silently observing.
His smile crooks up into a smirk and he wriggled his eyebrows at Da Hye.
 
While Da Hye, was shock in her stance, confused at what Hyunsik was staring at her for.
 
"But she has a bad ankle. She can't dance."
 
'Dance? He wants me to be his partner?'
 
Hyunsik's shoulders sag in disappointment, 
"Fine..we can do this all day then." and his face showed sadness.
 
Whether it was an act or not, Da Hye felt guilty.
She slowly arose.
 
"Uhm, my ankle is fine. I-I can try." Da Hye declared.
 
Hyunsik's eyes lit up again and dashed to Da Hye's side.
 
"Hyung hyung! Okay?" Hyunsik insisted.
 
Choreographer hyung groaned inwardly and agreed. "Fine."
 
In huge excitement, Hyunsik slips his fingers in Da Hye's and pull her to the centre not realizing the glare from Eunkwang.
 
Eunkwang suddenly felt uncomfortable and felt more agitated than ever.
 
The music started again and the routine went perfectly fine. Hyunsik made no signs of mistake. He even guided Da Hye in her steps and Da Hye being a fast learner, caught the steps at once.
 
The 7 couples danced gracefully across the floor.
Then comes the refrain where they had to slow waltz.
Initially, Hyunsik would have to step out of the routine since he had no partner, but today, he participated.
Rounding his hands around Da Hye's slender waist, pulling her in closer to his toned body.
Da Hye could feel the warmth of Hyunsik's body in this closeness. She gulped and felt her heart rate sprint. Her hand on Hyunsik's shoulder trembled as she bit her lower lip trying to maintain her posture especially with Hyunsik, boaring his gaze into hers.
Da Hye could feel her heart exploding at any second so she broke the gaze and looked away.
Hyunsik pulled her head back lightly and close any tiny gap there is between them.
 
"Noona..." he whispered. "You know, I purposely screwed my part so that I could dance with you?" his tone was so soft that it sounded y to Da Hye's ears.
 
"E-eh?" Da Hye widened her eyes, feeling heat creeping up her cheeks.
 
"I can dance very well. I made excuses just now." he confessed, breaking into a charming smirk.
 
The beat then went uphill, and the routine went faster. Hyunsik twirled Da Hye a few times in his hand. They glide through the floor effortlessly, dancing to the steps in total sync. 
 
The routine ended with Hyunsik gripping onto Da Hye's wrist and pulled her toward him. He held her waist with one hand and the other cupping her one cheek, face merely inches away from each other as if they were about to kiss.
If people were to look from afar, they might assume this two were kissing.
The were both panting and heaving, gasping for air. They could both feel the hot breaths on their face skins. They were so dangerously close that Hyunsik could not help to bring his gaze down to Da Hye's slightly parted lips.
If only, if only there he was seconds faster, he would have tasted those lips.
 
They were broken apart by a fuming Seo Eunkwang who immediately grabbed onto Da Hye's wrist and drags her out the room.
It was too sudden, nobody was able to control him.
 
"E-Eunkwang-ah!" Jihyun, 4Minute's leader, who was also Eunkwang's dancing partner tried to call him back.
 
"I'll see through this. You guys take a break." She gave a sweet smile and chased after the two.
 
Seo Eunkwang did not know what overcame him. He was fuming mad, agitated and irritated. He dragged Da Hye to the corridor near the washroom. He hid them behind a pillar and pushed Da Hye to lean on the wall.
He trapped her in between his arms.
 
"What are you trying to do?" he hissed.
 
"H-huh?" Da Hye was as clueless.
 
"You're doing it on purpose aren't you?"
 
"W-what? I-I was just trying to help him." Da Hye defended herself.
 
"Don't bull with me. Remember, you're just a trainee here. Don't act up. I can get you eliminated." he threatened, eyes glaring.
 
Da Hye was somehow irritated by how he threatens her. She boldly stared back into his eyes and got taken aback by something familiar flashing through his eyes.
 
"You- ...Ji Min...?" Unconsciously she called out.
 
"Stop calling me that!" he countered.
 
"Mwo-" Da Hye was cut off by a lady appearing behind Eunkwang.
 
"Eunkwang! Eunkwang-ah!" Jihyun halted as soon as she saw Eunkwang's back with Da Hye trapped in between his arms. 
A slight discomfort crept into her heart seeing how the two were positioned, but she hid it behind a sweet smile.
 
"There you are."
 
Eunkwang broke his hand wall and took a few steps back from Da Hye.
Jihyun still had the sweet gorgeous smile on her.
 
"Eunkwang gwaenchana?" 
Eunkwang nodded, avoiding Jihyun's eyes.
 
"Da Hye-shi gwaenchana?"
 
Da Hye finally broke her eyes from Eunkwang's face and turn to Jihyun.
 
"Ne, gwaenchanayo."
 
"Good. Why don't you head back to the danceroom, I'd like to have a talk with Eunkwang here." Jihyun requested with her sweet smile.
 
Da Hye bowed and obliged to leave the two despite feeling a little upset.
She headed back to the dance studio alone. 
 
''Stop calling me that!''
 
Eunkwang's words kept ringing in her mind endlessly.
 
"What does he mean by that?" She muttered to herself.
 
At the turn, she decides to glance back and take a look at Eunkwang one more time but she was surprised to see Jihyun having her palms on Eunkwang's cheeks.
 
 
Da Hye arrived back at the dance studio and the rest were resting having small chats here and there.
 
"Oh Noona, where's Eunkwang-hyung?" Ilhoon broke her thoughts.
 
"Umm, he's with Jihyun...shi," Da Hye replied and the rest just nodded.
 
From the expression of the rest, it seems this is not the only time Eunkwang and Jihyun were left together.
 
"Noona!" Hyunsik called out. "Choreo hyung and I were discussing and we've come to a conclusion..." he turns to make a glance at the choreographer before approaching Da Hye. 
 
Da Hye started to feel uncomfortable.
 
'Why does it feel like its going to be something I wouldn't like?'
 
"You're going to..." Hyunsik trailed and made another glance to Choreographer-hyung who nods with a comforting smile.
 
Hyunsik did not continue. Instead he gazes into Da Hye's eyes.
 
Meanwhile Da Hye felt her heart could burst anytime due to the anxiousness.
 
"W-what is it?" Da Hye could not hold in her curiosity.
 
Hyunsik gently held Da Hye's hands and his expression brightens.
 
"You're going to be my partner for this dance performance in 2 days!"
 
"WHAT?!"
 
------
 
 
A/N_ANNYEONG ANNYEONG, NA DORAWASSEO!
I'M BACK!
Lol.
Okay sorry for the late update.
Work interventions and its the fasting month.
My brain doesn't work so well. =/
 
Uhuh....excuses. Tsktsk.
 
Choiseonghamnida!
Though I hope this chapter would get the suffcient love like the previous chapters from my dear reader and subcribers!
Don't forget to comment too! ;D
 
Don't you guys think Jihyun is sooo gorgeous? ^^
 
Yogi Kaji! Tto beoja!