Chapter 15

My Bestfriend was all lies.

 

"M-mwo?" Da Hye stuttered, staring into Yong Guk's eyes deeply in search for the truth.
 
"Be my girlfriend." Yong Guk repeated as he Da Hye's cheeks gently with the back of his fingers.
 
That sent shivers down Da Hye's spine.
 
Da Hye was still in shock as her mind went back to the days Yong Guk firstly asked her that question.
 
 
"Ah matta..." she muttered in remembrance of the event.
 
 
Yong Guk smirked looking at Da Hye's blank face. He then entwines their hands together.
 
 
"Ka ja!" He said.
 
"E-eodiro?" Da Hye asked in pure confusion.
 
"To go get your stuffs." Yong Guk pointed out the door with his thumb.
 
"But I got no where to go." At the thought of having to leave CUBE Entertainment, Da Hye's heart drop a notch.
 
 
She pulled her hand out from Yong Guk's grasp as her facial expression went dark. She lowers her head trying to control her emotions.
 
Yongguk grabs again onto Da Hye's hands and said, 
 
"You can stay at my place!"
 
"E-eh?" Da Hye exclaimed as Yongguk pulls Da Hye out of the stairway heading to the dormitory.
 
***
 
 
Hyunsik drags his feet as he walkedin a daze back to his apartment. 
His heart... he never thought he would experience this feeling anytime soon.
He thought he was devoted to his music career, but he was wrong. It came sooner than ever.
 
He leans on his apartment door and sighed, gritting his teeth and clenching his fist. He shut his eyes tight preventing any failure of his tears.
 
After what felt like eternity, Hyunsik finally calms himself and entered his apartment, shared with , Jung Ilhoon.
 
BTOB had 7 members, which explains why Eunkwang had the studio apartment all to himself, also, being the leader which gave him the benefit of living alone.
 
"Hyung, what happened to you?" Ilhoon greeted the moment he saw Hyunsik entering.
 
Hyunsik looked shagged, worn and exhausted and he did not feel like talking to anybody. He ignored the worried Ilhoon and went straight to bed, turning on one side to prevent any further questioning from his roommate.
 
Ilhoon has never seen his hyung in that state before. He looked devastated and exhausted at the same time.
 
'Did something happen?'
 
He told himself that he will question the hyung bright and early tomorrow.
 
 
But the next day, the moment his eyes popped open, the hyung was no longer around.
 
"Aish," he cussed, ruffling his own hair.
 
 
Hyunsik could not sleep. His eyes were heavy and so was his heart. He could not seem to fall into a deep slumber. He will always see the image of Da Hye in the darkness when he shut his eyes. In the end, he gave up on sleeping.
It was 3AM in the morning and Ilhoon was sleeping like a baby in the twin bed beside his.
 
He quietly left the apartment and headed straight to his agency's dance studio.
Like expected, it was pitch dark and silent, just the way he wants it.
He blast out a song and removed his t-shirt revealing his black wife-beater and his toned arms.
He did started off  with some simple warm-ups and went straght to his moves.
 
 
He was sweating buckets and he did not intend to stop.
Its been 4 hours and he felt good being able to push aside his worries for a moment.
Like always, dancing did its job again.
 
The clock showed somewhere close to 7 in the morning and BTOB's morning rehearsal will start in around half an hour.
Slowly one after one of s started strolling in.
 
"Ah Hyunsik-hyung! You're early!" Peniel greeted, in between his yawns.
 
Hyunsik just gave a firm nod responding to s.
 
As he was wiping his sweat with his sports towel, a sudden fury engulfed his heart seeing a person he hated the most right now.
 
 
Seo Eunkwang... 
 
 
...strolling into the dance studio freely.
 
 
At the sight of his leader, it enrages the fury Hyunsik had been avoiding the whole night. 
 
He threw his towel harshly aside and went charging toward his leader.
 
 
"Hyunsik hyung!" Ilhoon exclaimed when he saw Hyunsik rounding his hands around the leader's collar.
 
 
The other members turn and halted their movements witnessing the scene.
 
 
"Take responsibility!" Hyunsik cried.
 
"The heck?!" Eunkwang exclaimed in return.
 
"I said, take responsibility!"
 
"Aish," Eunkwang cussed pulling Hyunsik's grip off his collar.
 
Hyunsik caught back the collar in a jiffy and gripped tighter.
 
"You bastard!" Hyunsik hissed.
 
"H-hyunsik hyung," Ilhoon was now in between them trying to break apart Hyunsik's grip. "Waegeurae? Calm down." Ilhoon made the effort to control the situation but to no avail.
 
"Mwo?!" Eunkwang shouted, glaring at Hyunsik.
 
Eunkwang returns the grip on Hyunsik's collar and pulls him in.
 
"Say it one more time." Eunkwang ordered in gritted teeth.
 
Hyunsik glares with no fear as he smirked lightly.
 
"Ba-"
 
"Yah yah yah! Geumanhae jom! " Minhyuk interfered pulling the two apart with his strength.
 
The both of them repelled with a jerk.
 
Eunkwang dusts off the front of his shirt and straightens the wrinkles.
 
 
"Yah Lim Hyunsik, can you please explain calmly and not go attacking people like a mad dog?" Minhyuk sternly reprimanded.
 
 
Minhyuk's expression was so dead serious that the other members got a little scared.
They have never seen Minhyuk being this fierce. Minhyuk was always so bubbly and happy.
This was a first.
 
Hyunsik exhales a huge sigh.
He then glares back at the leader.
 
"Da Hye was dismissed from CUBE Entertainment," Hyunsik tried to sound calm.
 
Eunkwang rolled his eyes and scoffs.
 
"So?" He retorted with a smirk.
 
His retortion made Hyunsik's heart boil yet again.
Hyunsik gritted his teeth and tried all his might not to explode another round.
 
"Hyung, don't you even feel guilty? It was because of you she was unfairly dismissed! She tries her best and you..." He choked on his own tears. He cleared his throat to cover his emotions. "I want you to apologize." Hyunsik ordered firmly.
 
Eunkwang burst into a laughter. "Hah! Why should I? She was not good enough to me." 
 
Hyunsik was at his end, he went charging again but Minhyuk was able to catch him in time.
 
 
"Apologize, you jerk!" Hyunsik shouted, squirming his way out of Minhyuk's grip.
 
 
Eunkwang rolled his eyes and carried on with his stretching, ignoring Hyunsik's flare of emotions.
 
 
"I said apologize!" Hyunsik screamed louder.
 
 
The remaining members stood frozen, giving worried glances to each other without a dare to voice out a thing.
 
 
Minhyuk could not stand it. He threw Hyunsik out of his grip harshly and turns to Eunkwang.
 
 
"Yah, Seo Eunkwang-"
 
"Okay fine!" Eunkwang exclaimed. "I'll do it when I have the time.. Tsk," he muttered.
 
Minhyuk turns to Hyunsik, "Happy?" He asked sternly.
 
 
Hyunsik just straigtens his wife beater and bends down to pick up his sports towel.
With that he left the room with boiling agitations.
 
"Hyunsik hyung!" Ilhoon called out.
 
"Let him be. Let him cool off..." Minhyuk interrupted. "The rest of you, finish up you warm ups. We've wasted too much time,"
 
 
 
A few days later.
 
Da Hye woke up to the sound of the main door clicking. She became self conscious and went to her bedroom door to peek. In the small crack, she saw Yong Guk strolling into the living room looking tired.
He throws himself on the sofa and leans back, closing his eyes. Yong Guk had overnight practice.
He came straight to his apartment to check on Da Hye, or maybe because he wanted to be with her.
 
Da Hye is now temporarily staying at Yong Guk's apartment which he had personally bought a few months back.
 
Da Hye approached near the sofa where Yong Guk still had his eyes closed.
 
"Yo-yong Guk, what are you doing here? What if somebody see us in here?" Da Hye panicked.
 
Yong Guk reacted with just a peek of one eye and shuffles in his seat.
He then grabs onto Da Hye's wrist and pulls her down into his chest, rounding his arms around her body and embraces her tightly.
 
Da Hye was taken aback. She had her eyes widen in shock.
 
"Y-y-yong Guk...wha-what-" Da Hye stuttered.
 
Yong Guk opens his eyes and gazed into Da Hye's eyes dearly.
Their faces were only inches apart.
 
"Wae? Can't I do this to my own girlfriend?" He teased.
 
Da Hye's eyes went wider as she felt her cheeks go warm. 
She opens to retort but went dry. All she did was stare back.
 
Yong Guk could not help to break into a smile at how innocent Da Hye looked with her eyes open wide.
He brings his hand up and Da Hye's hair lovingly.
 
In his embrace, he could feel Da Hye shiver.
 
Da Hye's heart thumps at the speed of light.
She swallowed a lump of saliva in as she could not stop herself from gazing back into Yong Guk's eyes.
 
"I miss you.." He gently muttered.
 
He then quickly pecks Da Hye on the lips and stood up.
 
"Ah, I'm hungry," he said and left for the kitchen, leaving Da Hye frozen on the sofa.
 
 
The both of them made breakfast in silence with only random glances to each other. 
Da Hye's heart was still pumping hard in her chest. She would flinch a little everytime Yong Guk came close to her.
Yong Guk would just smile at how cute Da Hye was being.
He did not intend to rush Da Hye on being with him but he will definitely make Da Hye his, any way he could.
 
"Food's ready. Let's sit down," Yong Guk informed.
 
"E-eh? Oh." Da Hye responded blurr-ly.
 
He lifts out a hand and Da Hye automatically flinched.
 
Yong Guk chuckled and entwines their hands together.
 
"Babo ya, I'm not gonna do anything to you," Yong Guk convinces as he pulls her to the dining table.
 
"O-oh." Da Hye muttered as she nods.
 
Yong Guk being a gentleman, gestured Da Hye to sit and pushes the chair in for her.
 
"Kumawo," Da Hye murmured.
 
They both started digging in, in silence.
It's not that it's awkward, Da Hye is just... let's just say, she did not know how to pick up a conversation.
 
When they were halfway through their meal, Yong Guk finally broke the silence.
 
"Ah," He started. "Da Hye-ah, I was meaning to tell you something."
 
"Mwoga?" Da Hye answered.
 
"What do you say if you were to join TS Entertainment?" Yong Guk broke the news in a wide grin.
 
Da Hye lifts her brows in slight surprise.
"Sinja?" Da Hye asked in amazement. "Eotteoke?"
 
"Don't worry. I've discussed with the management and they've seen through your files. You're good to join. Your papers are in processing. I think you can come down to the company today and sign on," Yong Guk claims which gains him a wide smile from Da Hye.
 
Her eyes lit up in glee.
Da Hye thought her dream was already stepped on and crushed but there seems to still be that tiny light at the end of the tunnel.  She just have to keep running toward it and strive harder this time.
 
Unconsciously, she grabs onto Yong Guk's hand that was placed on the table.
She squeezed it in delight and jumps slightly in her seat.
 
"Kumawo Yong Guk-ah, kumawo!" She expressed, with tears welling in her eyes.
 
Yong Guk was taken by surprise but he quickly grins in gladness seeing Da Hye smile again.
 
It's been a while he had seen Da Hye smile and he was grateful that she was now smiling because of him. 
This means he was one step closer to winning her heart.
 
He returns the grip on his hand and the back of Da Hye's palm gently with his thumb.
 
***
 
 
The tension between Hyunsik and Eunkwang had not subside.
Asides going for schedules together which they are inevitable to avoid, the rest of the time, they were strangers.
Neither tried to mend their brotherhood.
The other members were depressed to see the two in that state.
They wish they could do something to mend but they knew it would just turn the situation worse by meddling and so, they left the two with only hopes of them to get well with each other soon.
 
And Eunkwang has not apologized to Da Hye as how he had said he would. 
He did not even try to find out her whereabouts after leaving CUBE Entertainment.
He just could not give a damn until that one day, something in the news changed his mind.
 
BTOB was in their agency's lounge room waiting for the MTV crew to come by to start off the first episode of their MTV Diary show. The members were fooling around, taking self-camera pictures and playing games on their electronics creating a hassle of noise. 
Hyunsik was sitting on one end of the sofa -ears plugged in and a fiction book in his hands- while Eunkwang was sitting on the other end of the sofa.
 
Eunkwang was scrolling through their SNS and fansites when he came across a shocking news that is spreading in the cyberworld like wildfire.
 
"Mwoya?!" Eunkwang exclaimed jerking up from his position, causing the sofa to shake which disturbs Hyunsik with his concentration.
 
Hyunsik removed one side of his earpiece and knits his brows together in annoyance. He cluttered his tongue under his breath and gave Eunwkang a glare but Eunkwang was oblivious to it.
 
He blinked his eyes a few times hoping he was just seeing things, but the big bold title was still clearly plastered on the screen of his Tablet PC.
 
"Aish!" Eunkwang cussed, messing his hair.  
 
He then abandons his tablet on the sofa and darted out the agency.
 
Eunkwang's actions created a huge movement on the sofa which irritates the crap out of Hyunsik.
He pulls out his ear-plugs intending to reprimand the leader but he was no longer seen in the room.
 
Hyunsik scrunch his face in annoyance and approaches the overturned Tablet PC that was a few inches from him.
Wondering what nonsense could have made that stupid leader of his over-react. 
 
As soon as he turns the screen on, his eyes went wide in surprise.
 
"Ex-CUBE Entertainment trainee, Min Da Hye, to sign with TS Entertainment,"
 
***
 
 
Da Hye looked around TS Entertainment in awe.
She has been in the agency before but the feel then compared to now was definitely different because right now, she had a purpose to be here.
She was going to start training in this agency in just a matter of time.
 
Yong Guk leads the awed Da Hye patiently to the Human Resource room where she will get her contract papers and details.
 
"Here we are," Yong Guk announces, turning Da Hye to face the big mahogany door.
 
The door read,
 
'Human Resource'
 
Da Hye felt her heart beating in .
She took a huge breath and exhaled nervously.
 
"It's okay, I'll be right out here waiting," Yong Guk assured with a smile.
 
Da Hye nod firmly.
 
This is no time for her to be nervous. 
God has given her one more chance so she needs to embrace this opportunity with all her heart.
She inches closer to the door and lifts her fist to initiate a knock.
 
She swung her fist lightly backwards to create energy and swings it forward toward the door.
It was merely inches from the surface of the door before she heard a roar coming from the other end of the alley.
 
"DA HYE DON'T DO IT!"
 
Eunkwang was panting at the corner of the alley, leaning on one hand trying to catch his breath.
 
 
 
  ~★~
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N_Will Da Hye be able to train in TS? Or should Eunkwnag bring her back into CUBE?
          
          Minhyuk so fierce huh. Neomu meosisseo! *__*
          Can we ever see this side of Minhyuk? Kekeke.
 
          Anyway, did you guys realize?
          All Ilhoon did was calling out, "Hyunsik hyung" "Hyunsik hyung"
          XD
          Well, almost all the time. Ha ha.
 
Hope you enjoyed the chapter. ^^
 
Yogi Kaji-yeom!
Tto beoja yeorobun! ;D