Chapter 7

My Bestfriend was all lies.

 

Both, Eunkwang and Da Hye were called into the CEO's office, seated quietly side by side with their heads hung low.
 
CEO Hong eyed them both, to and fro.
 
"I don't know what the problem between you two are and I don't care. Other pairs have no issues with each other and I don't want to see any in you two either. Its not the first time I heard about you two. Eunkwang, you being the mentor, please be professional. Da Hye has talents but she does not seem to enhance it. What have you been doing?"
 
There was silence.
 
Eunkwang could not help to express the agitation in his face.
Why was it him who gets it when Da Hye was the problem all along?
 
Da Hye bit her lips feeling guilty for being useless. She only gave Eunkwang a bad name.
 
"I really do not want to do what I am supposed to do to both of you. So what can you two do to prove me otherwise?" Mr Hong continued. He stayed silent to observe the two.
 
The air was suffocating for Da Hye. She wanted to leave as soon as possible.
She did not know what to do or what to think. She kept her gaze low and avoided the stare from the CEO.
 
"I'm giving you another chance here. Hmm? Eunkwang? Min Da Hye-shi?"
 
Both heads shot up at the mention, but neither voiced out an idea to claim their chance.
 
Mr Hong sighed and leaned back in his office chair, folding his arms across his chest, eyes never leaving the two.
 
"Fine, you two leave me no choice. I will have to halt your activities..." The CEO hesitated his words.
 
Eunkwang jolted in shock. Da Hye gaped, eyes starting to sting with tears.
 
Eunkwang wanted to counter but his mouth hung open with nothing exiting. He was not even breathing.
 
"Unless..."
 
"Unless?" Eunkwang and Da Hye voiced at the same time.
 
The CEO smirked.
 
"Are you two willing to do anything?"
 
Oh heck, the two could not care. They are willing to risk anything to get the chance, or so they thought.
They did not know what was coming for them.
They nodded together.
 
"Well, that is good to know. Eunkwang, BTOB will be releasing a new digital single soon, as you would have known..." Eunkwang nodded dilligently. "There will be a Music Video for it." Eunkwang nods again. "And in order for you to prove me otherwise, I will want you two to be the lead for the music video."
 
Eunkwang's eyes widened in huge shock as he froze in his seat and his mind went into a mental breakdown.
Oh no. What has he gotten himself into?
 
Da Hye was surprised but she was somehow relieved that it was just a mere acting in a Music Video. She had foresee herself being in a Music Video soon when she was going to debut. So what could be so difficult right?
Da Hye let out a small relieved sigh.
 
What she did not know was what the music video was about.
 
Eunkwang's soul seemed to have left his body. He shivered as he recalled the title of their new single to be released.
 
 
 
 
I STOLE THOSE LIPS.
 
~~~
 
 
Da Hye's mouth hung so low that her jaws could reach the ground.
They just got the script and the storyline for BTOB's newest single MV to be released.
So this was the reason why Eunkwang seemed to have a mental breakdown the day they were told about them being the lead for the MV.
 
Here is how the storyline goes.
 
Eunkwang and Da Hye were best friends since high school. They were now in college where they spent everyday together and were inseparable. Eunkwang had feelings for Da Hye but he hid it because he was afraid of losing his bestfriend. One day, Eunkwang found out one of the college boys confessing to Da Hye and he got angry because he could not muster up his own confidence to confess. He find Da Hye and exploded to her in anger saying she was betraying their friendship. Da Hye got surprised and upset by Eunkwang's sudden burst at her, she decided to give a time off for him to calm down....
 
Basically all these were nothing for Da Hye since it was just mere acting. 
But the shock that made Da Hye's jaw dropped that low was the scene after. 
 
Da Hye and Eunkwang had quite a big quarrel, she ended up walking away from him, and Eunkwang was so irritated that he grab a hold of Da Hye and crashed his lips on hers...
 
...which is making Da Hye have a mental breakdown of her own, everytime she reads through that scene.
 
She shivered as she stumbled to get a hold of herself.
 
"Now you know what you have gotten us into?" Eunkwang whispered in gritting teeth as the producer carried on with the briefing which Da Hye had zoned out from the start.
 
Da Hye glanced to Eunkwang and gave a sincere apologetic look in her eyes.
Eunkwang was taken aback. He was expecting more of a counter attack from Da Hye, but instead, Da Hye's eyes showed guilt. He cleared his throat and break the gaze as his heart raced faster.
 
"I want you two to feel it. Act as if its real, as if you two were really best friends." The Director said.
 
Da Hye felt a sudden tug in her heart. The words echoed in her head...
 
'...as if you two were really bestfriends...'
 
"Ji Min..." she whispered. "I miss you..."
 
Eunkwang heard her callout eventhough Da Hye muttered the words under her breath. His heart definitely raced as he hid his guilty feeling.
 
"Okay! Let's take a lunch break and get yourselves ready for the shoot. Chop chop!"
 
Yes.
They will be filming it on that same day since the single will be released in just two weeks.
Da Hye had no appetite to eat, the kissing scene kept giving her shivers. She hid herself in the dressing room to calm her nervous nerves.
She cannot back out now. She had to prove it to the CEO that she can enhance her talents. And she had to start off with doing a good job for this.
She sighed again and again. She went to a corner and squatted, hugging her knees.
 
"Aigoo aigoo!" she knocked her head with her knuckles many times. "What have I gotten myself intoooo?" She exhaled while ruffling her long hair into a huge mess. She started punching the air, throwing tantrum while in a squat. 
 
"And why do I keep getting reminded by the kiss scene we're gonna have? Arghhhh!" She started jumping up and down stomping her feet and whimpered aloud.
 
Luckily she was alone in the room, if there were witnesses, it was a major turn off with the state she was in now.
After relieving her nerves jumping about, she finally threw herself; she literally flew, onto a sofa. Yet still, she threw another short tantrum before the door suddenly barge open.
 
"Oh man, I can't wait to get this song released, I wonder what MELODYs would-"
 
The conversation stopped as well as the heart, when Peniel saw a horrible long haired figure lying flat on the sofa as soon as he pulled the door open. 
 
"Wargh!" He jumped back rubbing his chest.
 
Da Hye dropped to the ground in shock due to Peniel's scream. 
 
"Huah!" She let out as she landed on her with a 'thud' along with her messy hair covering most of her face.
 
"Noona!?" Sungjae shouted from Peniel's back.
 
Da Hye opened her hair in her face like a curtain, center-parting it.
 
"Noona! You look horrible. Are you alright?" Ilhoon asked.
 
All the members of BTOB, including Eunkwang, were already in the room staring at her.
 
She nodded as she sniffed in the non-existing tears. She stood up from the ground with a pout and rubbed her sore before slumping onto the sofa.
 
BTOB started shuffling into the room casually as if they had not just witnessed Da Hye falling on her in her horrible, ugly state. 
 
"I thought I saw a ghost!" Peniel confessed, still with his hand on his chest.
 
He got an immediate smack on the back of his head by Changseob.
 
"Where in the world is there a ghost in the middle of day, you idiot?"
 
"Yah, Hyung! Who knows!" Peniel countered.
 
"Yah? D-did you just 'Yah!' me?!" Changseob approached Peniel raising one fist in his face. 
 
And with that Peniel and Changseob got into a bickering, well, more like a catfight with the 2 youngest trying to interfere and the 2 eldest not giving a damn.
 
The 4 boys looked ridiculously idiotic in that catfight, which made Da Hye gave a half-chuckle witnessing it.
But it was immediately washed away by the nervous feeling that was still lingering within her.
She sighed, looking down to her hands in her lap and meddled with it.
 
Hyunsik was seated beside her on the sofa, observing her from a while ago.
He tapped her shoulder lightly making her turn to face him, which was his intention.
Da Hye looked at Hyunsik with her big round eyes with the small pout still plastered on her lips.
Hyunsik could not help but to give a smile as he reached up and straighten her unkempt hair.
Da Hye was somehow used to his gestures. She did not mind it anymore, though she only thought of Hyunsik as the closest acquaintance around. 
 
"I heard you got the main lead for our MV" Hyunsik spoke up softly still meddling with the tangles in her hair gently. "Chukkahae."
 
As soon as she heard the sentence from Hyunsik, her small pouting became a big one as she whimpered another cry and ruffled her hair making it into a hell of a mess again.
 
Hyunsik widen his eyes and gaped at Da Hye, snatching her hands away from her head.
 
"Aish. Now it's back to square one!" He pretended to scold her.
 
Da Hye gave in and just left her hands in her lap lifelessly.
 
"I know...you're nervous, right?" He began meddling with Da Hye's hair again.
 
Da Hye nodded like a small kid which made Hyunsik smile at her cuteness.
 
"Geokcheongmaseyo, Noona. I know you can do it well. Be confident." He advised, finishing off with the last knot in her hair.
 
He trails down his fingers to the end of her long straight hair and lifts up her chin up to gaze into her eyes. He gave a supportive smile. 
Da Hye's tense shoulders relaxed as she felt the comfort Hyunsik was trying to give her.
She smiled in gratitude.
As soon as Hyunsik saw the comfort in Da Hye's gaze, he leaned in toward her ear.
 
"Especially the kissing scene." He whispered, which gained him a hard push from Da Hye as the biggest pout landed on Da Hye's lips again.
 
These two were oblivious of the fact that they were in a room with many others.
 
He  laughed out loud as Da Hye turned to face the front folding her arms, in a sulking manner.
 
"Aigoo." Hyunsik knocked Da Hye's head lightly. " I am just kidding, Noona. Relax!" He said, in excess laughter receiving a strong, hard pinch from Da Hye on his arm.
 
"Ow! Arasso arasso. Mianhae, Noona!" He rubbed his red skin as he stood up lifting his hands in a surrender gesture with that charming smirk on his face.
 
All he received was just another glare from Da Hye which he burst into another roll of laughter.
 
------
 
 
 
A/N_I know its called 'Irresisteble Lips' but I prefered the initial title, 'I Stole Those Lips' actually, the one they used for the sitcom. :D
So in this case I shall use that title which is more appropriate for my story! HAHA.
I looooove this song! I am super times infinity glad that they released the full song! And the MV was....hehehe.
Minhyuk-ah....*Pheweeeet*
HAHAHA.
 
I know it was a long wait,  and its only a short update. Mianhaeyo~
I wanted to continue but I am not feeling so good right this moment. :(
So I thought rather than waiting to get better and continue, might as well just update with what I have first.
I hope its not a disappointment.
 
Ah, talking too much.
 
Yogi Kaji.
Tto beojaaaa~
 
Saranghaeyo. :)