Chapter 12

My Bestfriend was all lies.

 

Everyone snapped their head at Yong Guk passing through the members and even Ji Eun who was standing on her ground gaping as Yong Guk went out the door and dragged Da Hye back into the dance studio. 

Da Hye was startled as she felt herself being pulled backed into the room. She stared at Yong Guk in confusion. Yong Guk stayed silent in a smirk staring back at Da Hye.

“Hyung!” Daehyun finally breaks the silence. “What’s wrong with you?”

Yong Guk turns his head to Daehyun and finally seemed to snap out of his reverie.

“Oh! Right…that’s right. Uh…guys, sorry, dance practice cancelled today.”

BAP members gaped at each other and scowled at their leader who was not making any sense at the moment.

“Hyung, what the hell is wrong with you? We gotta practice, like, right now.” Youngjae tried to knock some sense into him.

He shook his head lightly.

“Sorry guys, I’ve got something more important to deal with.” Yong Guk pointed to himself and Da Hye to and fro which gained him raised brows on the face of every member.

“Ooookay.” Himchan said, taking a step toward Yong Guk. “So why did you screamed Ji Eun’s name just now?” Himchan pointed to Ji Eun who was still in wide eyes with a super confused look on her face.

Yong Guk face-palmed himself as he made his way toward Ji Eun rubbing his palms together in apology.

 “Mianhae, Ji Eun-ah. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to scream your name. It was just that when you came in, I thought of the perfect song. Err, our song! If you don’t mind, can I borrow the song to sing it with Da Hye here for our collaboration mission in 2 days?” Yong Guk explained giving his puppy dog eyes.

Ji Eun pursed her lips, as the confused look on her face started to fade.

She broke into a smile and shakes her head.

“What the hell Yong Guk? You didn’t have to scream to that extent. Pfft,” she retorted punching him lightly on his shoulders. “And of course you can use the song, it’s yours too. Use it freely.” She gave a warm smile to Da Hye and round her eyes back to Yong Guk.

“Well, fighting! You crazy person,” She teased before disappearing out the studio.  

“Sorry!” Yong Guk shouted out the door.

He turned back with that mushy smirk on his face and walked back to Da Hye’s side.

“I got the perfect song,” He told Da Hye.

She had her forehead creased. “Uh, what?”

“I have a song that can definitely surpass this mission!” he explained excitedly.

“Oh, but don’t you…” Da Hye faded off as she started to point to her side.

His eyes followed Da Hye’s finger which ended him to the view of s, standing a few meters away from them, with their arms crossed.

Daehyun lifts his brow a little and nods. “Yeap, we’re still here, hyung.”

Yong Guk rolls his eyes and plasters a guilty look on his face.

“Oh come on guys! Please! Just this once! I owe you, okay? Just this, it’s really important to her.” Yong Guk tried to reason.

s all looked away, pretending to give disapproving looks.

Da Hye’s started to feel bad. They had to forgo their practice just because of her stupid mission. She bit her lips, and lowered her gaze.

“Guuuuuuysss!” Yong Guk whined, in that low, horrible, husky voice. s gave a wide-eyed-disgusted look back to Yong Guk, their intestines churning the lunch they had earlier that day.

“Please? Please? I’ll treat you guys to steak tonight! Oh?”

Zelo’s eyes lit up. “Steak?”

Yong Guk nodded vigorously.

“I’m in!” Zelo chimed and dashes to Yong Guk’s side.

“Aish,” the rest cussed under their breaths.

“Fine, but we have a condition.” Youngjae spoke up on behalf of the rest.

Yong Guk’s lighted eyes dropped slightly, feeling not so good with what he was going to hear next.

He sighed. “What is it? Is steak not good enough for you guys?”

“No, of course it’s not!” Jong Up exclaimed, smirking.

Yong Guk rolled his eyes and exhaled. “Fine fine fine! Hurry up and break it to me already. I got no time to waste.”

The remaining 4 members closed in the gap between them and were now, head to head with Yong Guk.

“We approve of you to cancel this practice but…” Youngjae trailed off.

“But…?” Yong Guk repeated as he gulps a lump of saliva.

“But…you gotta let us help you.” Himchan finishes.

Yong Guk was slow in taking in what s told him. Only after many seconds later that his eyes lit up and he started group hugging s and jump about.

“Wahh, thanks you guys! Oh gosh! I feel so touched!” Yong Guk cheered within the hug as they look like a bunch of fools, laughing and jumping.

Da Hye smiled at the sight as she felt better and maybe a little, just a little more confident to complete the mission.

***

“Aniyo aniyo Noona, not that way, it’s like this.” Jong Up corrected. “You just have to walk a little to the left and take a step back for Yong Guk hyung to come in and by pass you so he could run his hand through your hair from the back.”

Da Hye shivered at the thought.

Though they have been practicing many, many times, she still got that part wrong. And the worse thing was; the mission is in just 2 hours’ time. For the past 2 days, BAP has been helping them, with their routine – though there are not many movements since the song is a slow pop – and monitoring the progress of performance. They spent till late nights just to memorize, practice and perfecting the parts. But since BAP has their own packed schedule too, they could not really practice as much, up till today, the day of the mission.

“Arrhhh, I can’t do it! I think I’m gonna screw it later!” Da Hye exclaimed, putting her head in her hands as she lowers down into a squat.

“Noona, come on yo! Don’t lose hope yet! You’re just nervous right now. You were doing fine before.” Zelo tried to comfort her. “Let’s just keep practicing, you’re nearly there.”

He pulled Da Hye up and brought to Yong Guk’s side as the routines starts off again.

 

As the song ended, Da Hye’s handphone rings indicating an incoming call.

“Hello?”

“Where are you?! I can’t find you anywhere! The mission is starting in an hour!” Eunkwang reprimanded on the other line.

Da Hye glanced at her watch and gasp.

“Oh my God, Yong Guk! We’re gonna be late!” She exclaimed with the phone still on the line.

Eunkwang heard it all clearly and felt his heart gradually boiling.

“Mwo?!” He said in gritted teeth. “Where the hell are you?”

“Uhm, TS Entertainment. We’ll be there as soon as possible. See you there!” She shut the line and started to round her things.

Eunkwang, who could not retort anything before Da Hye ended the line nearly threw his phone away, but he held back. Instead, he pushed the nearest bin down with a bang as all the insides poured out the mouth of the bin onto the floor as he darted off.

***

 

“Welcome trainees, idols and mentors to this special collaboration mission performance. Please settle down, and we will start soon.”

BTOB made their way down to the first line and sat on the row behind the judges. They were asked to monitor and grade their own protégé besides the grading from the panel of judges.

BTOB were as nervous as their protégés. It felt as if it was their mission instead.

“Hyung, where’s your protégé? I haven’t seen her around.” Ilhoon suddenly asked after watching his own protégé from afar.

“Yeah, hyung. No one has seen her yet, you better call her or she won’t make it.” Sungjae added.

Eunkwang just scoffed and look away, not even bothering to answer their curiosity.

Meanwhile Hyunsik was feeling unsettled. He kept checking his wrist watch and turning around to catch a glimpse of Da Hye.

“Hyung, please-“

“I don’t give a . And you shouldn’t too.” Eunkwang cut him off in gritted teeth.

Hyunsik felt his blood pressure rising, and the urge to give a piece of his mind to that unreasonable leader of his. But he held it in, and just took off from his seat. He jogged through the alleys of the entertainment building keeping a wide eye to catch Da Hye.

He took a glimpse on his watch again and finally stopped in his tracks.

His eyes took a tour around the area and he sighed.

“She’s not gonna make it.” He told himself as he felt his heart drop a notch.

 As he was about to turn and head back into the auditorium, he heard running footsteps getting closer and closer.

He turns to see Da Hye and Yong Guk, running toward him.

Unknowingly, his eyes lit up as he called out to her.

“Da Hye noona!”

Da Hye, hearing the call of her name looked around for the source. The moment she saw Hyunsik, she broke into a wide grin and dashed toward him.

 “Hyunsik!” She cried. “Are we late?” She asked, short breathed.

“You will be if you delay any longer,” He lightly pulled Da Hye and pointed her toward the big auditorium door. He let her pass him and gestured for Yong Guk to follow her. They exchanged a bow greeting and carried on toward the destination.

 

Hyunsik settled back in his seat as the first couple – Peniel’s protégé a.k.a trainee and idol partner, Nu’est’s rapper – Jr. started off the mission performance.

Hyunsik turned to Eunkwang and informed him of Da Hye’s arrival at the backstage thinking that Eunkwang should and has the right to know about it.

“Hyung, she’s safely at the backstage.”

All Eunkwang did was give Hyunsik a silent death glare that clearly reads, ‘I don’t give a ’

Hyunsik wanted to retort on Eunkwang’s unreasonable behavior that is getting too much for him but he was disrupted by the MC on stage who announce the next performance being Hyunsik’s protégé and his partner; ViXX’s leader, N. He ended up keeping it inside and monitored his protégé’s performance instead.

 

Meanwhile the moment Da Hye got into the waiting room, she saw all the hectic and commotion from all the other trainees who were rushing to prepare themselves for their own stage. But they were all dolled up and fitted into beautiful outfits. Da Hye looked down at herself; still in jeans and her face skin was oily and sweaty.

“You, girl! Right there!” Someone shouted amongst the crowd. “Get her over here!” Da Hye was dragged and settled into a chair as a few ladies started dolling her up.

Yong Guk was nowhere to be seen as soon as she felt herself being dragged down to the seat.

Just minutes later, Da Hye was dolled up beautifully. She was then pushed to change into a nice white silk dress, one sleeve hanging loose over her left shoulder that revealed part of her collar bone. She turned to look at herself in the mirror and felt stunned by how she looks behind all these beauty products. She fitted onto that silk dress perfectly, her fine slim body hugging the silk tight.

“Da Hye-ah?” A deep husky voice called her out.

She turned to find Yong Guk, fitted in a white suit­– looking smoking hot– with his mouth a little agape staring down her beautiful self.

Da Hye was breath taking. Yong Guk was sure he was not breathing the moment Da Hye turns around, with her long hair swiftly swishing past her, landing softly behind her like a shampoo commercial.

Da Hye starts to feel self-conscious when Yong Guk’s eyes never left her body after a long while. She called out to him but Yong Guk seemed to be frozen.

“Yong Guk? Yong Guk-ah?” She waved her hands frantically in front of him.

Heuccup!” Yong Guk came back to reality with a hiccup.

Heuccup! Heuccup! Heuccup!” Yong Guk turns away and pretends to cough trying to cover up his hiccups.

Da Hye stood by and let out a small laugh as she sees Yong Guk trying to regain his composure. She decided not to with his fail as she will be in an important time of her life within minutes. The nervousness is eating her slowly.

After feeling better and away from hiccups, Yong Guk turns back and pretended nothing ever happened. Da Hye hid her excess laughter behind her smile.

“You ready?” Yong Guk gestured his hand toward the direction of the backstage.

Da Hye bowed like a princess but ended up stepping onto her front dress as she tried to make a step forward. She stumbled and landed safely into Yong Guk’s broad chest with his arms automatically around her slim figure protecting her.

Da Hye could literally feel her heart pounding hard in her chest. As a result of her fall, her face and Yong Guk’s were just inches away. Yong Guk could not help himself from looking dearly into Da Hye’s round eyes.

“You look beautiful…” Yong Guk confessed freely.

Shivers went down Da Hye’s spine as she felt Yong Guk’s breath on her face skin.

Da Hye lowered her gaze as the heat slowly rises up her cheeks.

“T-thanks.”  She muttered, getting back on her stance walking past Yong Guk leaving her gazes on the ground to avoid people from noticing her obvious rosy cheeks.

Yong Guk just trailed behind her.

She was not sure if she thanked Yong Guk for saving her fall… or for the compliment he gave. She could not really care because all she wanted to do was to leave… or else her heart might burst like fireworks.

 

~★~

 

A/N_*Rubs palms together* Mianhae everyone! Sinja mianhae.

          I won't give any excuse because I know, it's unacceptable. D;

          Anyway, enough BAP featuring? ᄏᄏᄏ

 

As a reward for being a very supportive and patient readers, there's another chapter!

AND....more BAP there! HAHAHA.

Yogi kaji-yeom!

 

Enjoy~ ;D