Chapter 19

My Bestfriend was all lies.
Eunkwang stared at Da Hye.
Da Hye stared at him back.. with a wide smile.
 
They have been standing that way for a few minutes now.
 
Eunkwang was blank. He had nothing. He had to think of something. 
 
"Uhm.. Da Hye ah..." he started. He can't tell her that he didn't plan anything, can he?
 
"Oh?" Da Hye responded a little too excitedly.
 
"Firstly... just tag along with me for my dance practice. After that I promise we'll start training.. okay?"
 
"Ouh... o-okay," Da Hye's shoulders sag and her eyes showed slight disappointment.
 
And instantly Eunkwang felt guilty. He grips Da Hye's right hand in his. "I'm sorry," he apologised. "But I really got to train. My performance is coming up... I can't screw this for my members, we're alittle behind in our dance" he reasoned. 
 
It was all a lie. They were doing perfectly fine.
Eunkwang just had to convince Da Hye.
 
"O-of course. It's okay Jimin ah, let's go. Your members must be waiting." Da Hye tried to lighten up. Hey, Jimin is an idol right? He can't just focus on her.
 
'It's okay Da Hye, be patient. This will all be worth it.'
 
She tried to console herself.
 
 
As expected, when Da Hye and Eunkwang arrived at the dance studio, the rest of the members were all warmed up and ready for practice.
 
"Hey good morning hyung! Morning Noona! You two had a good sleep last night?" Sungjae greeted with a greasy smirk, which turned into a yelp when he received a smack on the back of his head in return. 
 
"Is Noona going to practice with us?" Peniel came close and questions.
 
Eunkwang rubbed his stiff nape and just shook his head as he started his warm ups.
 
Da Hye cannot help to sag her shoulders in slight disappointment, but she buried that feeling deep in her heart and break into a smile.
 
"Aniya! I'm just here as support! Practice well! I'll be right here at the side. If you guys need anything like drinks or some sort, I could do the errand! Fighting!" Da Hye pumped her fist to show support and head to the side lines.
 
"You heard the lady, get into position everyone." Eunkwang said monotonously.
 
The boys positioned and the music boomed loud through the walls of the studio.
 
***
 
Its been 2 hours of practice, and Da Hye is still stuck at the corner of the room intotal boredom. She has sighed endlessly as she observed the boys from being in dry clothes until their tops were drenched wet in sweat.
 
"Aghhhh this is torture!" Sungjae cried while lying flat on the ground as soon as their song ended.
 
"Eunkwang hyung, let's take 10mins break. I need to replenish my bottle." Changseob suggested.
 
"Toilet break!" Peniel exclaimed dashing out behind Changseob.
 
"Yeah, let's take a short break. 10 minutes guys!" Minhyuk approves as he take his leave out the studio.
 
One by one leaves for their break. 
 
But they forgot there had an observer in the room that was now left all alone in the studio which suddenly looked so empty compared to just minutes ago.
 
Da Hye did not hesitate to sigh out loud as she held back tears of frustration from bursting free.
 
 
Da Hye has been eyeing the piano that was at the corner of the room eversince she was stuck on the sidelines and now is her chance to try it.
 
She approched the piano and lift the cover. She runs her finger along the keys as she felt a swarm of confidence within her. She loved music so much that with just a touch of the piano, happiness breaks out. She settled in the seat and positioned her fingers properly. 
 
***
 
Its been over ten minutes but the members were nowhere to be seen. Hyunsik cluttered his tongue thinking of s' behaviours even when they know their first stage were just hours away. Hyunsik decides to make his way back to the studio first to perfect his own moves but his steps slows down when he heard a beautiful melody coming from the dance studio. He was curious. 
Who would be playing piano at this timing? s? Impossible. He was standing by this corridor toward their studio all along. He saw noone come by.
 
He quietly sneaked into the room with minimal noise as possible. As soon as the melodious music became clear to his ears, he realized the person behind this beautiful sound. His heart soared to the sky. Although he has been avoiding her for a while now, seeing Da Hye gracefully playing the piano causes his heart to ache but at the same time explode in joy. His feelings for Da Hye swarm like bees. It took all of him to stop himself from dashing to her and round his hands around her pulling her close to him.
 
Hyunsik slowly approached Da Hye by the piano and slid beside her. Da Hye immediately halted in shock as she felt warm presence beside her.
 
"Omo, Hyunsik-ah!" She cried, gripping onto the chair tightly to prevent her from falling off the chair.
 
Hyunsik gave his trademark smirk.
 
"Yo! ...Noona!" he greeted, lifting his palm.
 
He then turns to the piano keys and started playing a cheeky fast pace music. Da Hye could not help but break into a smile at the cute song. She repositions herself back on the chair and watch Hyunsik end his song.
 
"How're you doing Hyunsik?" She suddenly questions which causes his on going smile to falter slowly. He avoids eye contact and started playing a new song.
 
When Hyunsik kept his silence, Da Hye was sure that he was still hurt when she abruptly left him the other day.
 
"Hyunsik, I'm sorry I le-"
 
*piang pang*
 
Hyunsik slams on the piano keys on purpose which caught Da Hye off guard as the excess sound echos around the room.
 
"Noona," he turns to face her abruptly. "Do a duet with me!"
 
"E-eh?" Da Hye widens her eyes.
 
"Now. Sing a song with me."
 
Da Hye knits her brows together in amusement. 
 
"What song?"
 
"Hmm. Lucky? Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat, ara?" He asks turning back to face the keys.
 
Da Hye breaks into a light smile and nodded.
 
Hyunsik starts the first verse.
 
Do you hear me, I'm talking to you. 
Across the water, across the deep blue ocean under the open sky
Oh my, baby I'm trying
 
Da Hye's fingers flow smoothly on the piano keys, her melody accompanying Hyunsik's initial tune as she answers his first verse. 
 
Boy, I hear you in my dreams
I hear your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me, in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard
 
As they both sang the chorus together, Hyunsik captures her gaze in his and wide grins start to break on both faces.
 
Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
 
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh 
Ooh ooh
 
They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you 
I promise you, I will~
 
Both their sweet and harmonious voices became one.
Hyunsik could not wipe the grin off his face. He was wishing this very moment to last forever.
Da Hye's sweet voice was like poison. A sweet poison that he was willing to swallow with no hesitation.
 
As the duet was nearing their last few verses, they were oblivious to the presence of the remaining members in the studio who stood bewildered at the two having the impromptu performance.
 
Peniel had his mouth agape.
It was kind of a magnificent sight.
He could not deny the chemistry and felt blown away at how well their voices go together.
 
.
.
I'm lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday
 
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh 
ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh 
 
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh 
ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh 
 
Ooh 
Ooh 
Ooh~
 
The second the amazing performance ended, the members break into standing ovation, literally.
 
Hyunsik and Da Hye burst out of their own little world and abruptly stood away from the piano respectively.
 
"Wah hyung, that was amazing!" Ilhoon praised as he approached Hyunsik and gave him a pat on his back.
 
Hyunsik glanced to Da Hye in slight embarrassment as he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.
 
"Noona! That was jjang! Jinjja ya!" Sungjae chirped in with a very, wide grin.
 
"Ah, komawo." Da Hye cooed, lowering her gaze as she felt warmth rise from her neck.
 
Endless praises went around as the members encircled them as if they just did a real performance.
 
Everyone except, Eunkwang.
He stood slightly out of the circle, his thoughts running a hundred miles per second.
 
He was starting to regret bringing Da Hye along to practice. He was caught off guard when she questioned him this morning that he let his guard down. He should not never brought her to practice. 
It was a mistake. 
This would be the first, and the last.
 
He suddenly grab Da Hye by the wrist which surprised her.
He muttered "I'll be back" to s and started pulling her out the door.
 
Eunkwang thought he did a good job in controlling his emotions.
Not until her heard a praise from one of s toward Hyunsik.
 
"You guys should do a sub-unit together,"
 
That, caused Eunkwang to tighten his grip around Da Hye's wrist which she immediately winced in pain.
Eunkwang was also relieved that he was already out the door when he happened to hear it.
Or else, he was sure he would have given a punch to Hyunsik's handsome face.
 
 
~★~
 
 
 
A/N_ Hee. Annyeong! I'm still alive!! XD
I would really love to hear Hyunsik play and sing the song 'Lucky'.
Don't you feel so tooo? Ke ke ke.
 
Anyway, yes Eunwkang is still a freaking jerk. But at least he was able to control his emotions better now ..right? Ha ha ha.
 
Da Hye-Hyunsik Sub-Unit anybody?
Da Hye-Yongguk?
Da Hye-Eunkwang?
 
Hmmmmmmmmmm.