Chapter 4

My Bestfriend was all lies.

Da Hye was in the dance studio, training on her own. She was sweating and puffing, exhausted after dancing for hours.

Even how hard she push herself to dance, she could not get what happen the day before out of her mind.
 
When Seo Eunkwang asked her to sing out of the sudden, she was nervous and confused. It was too sudden, no song actually pass through her mind. Only until Eunkwang started to walk away, a song pops in. 
The only song.
 
Christina Aguilera's Hurt.
 
The song she always sang years ago, when Da Hye and Ji Min used to practice together.
She wondered why Seo Eunkwang got upset.
Ji Min used to love it when she sang that song.
He said eventhough the song is a heartbreak, but when Da Hye sings it, it sounded sweet.
 
'Maybe he's not Ji Min...?'
 
Her heart fell a notch. She felt disappointed. She was hoping he was Ji Min because Da Hye missed him so much. She wanted to be together with Ji Min again, like they used to. 
In frustration, she danced harder pushing herself more than her feet could take.
Her ankle finally gave way and she trips landing her on the ankle.
 
She groaned in pain, holding onto her soar ankle.
 
"Owww!" She could feel her eyes blurring with tears. She bit her lower lips, enduring the throbbing pain.
 
"Babo."
 
She heard a deep voice.
 
She snapped her head toward the voice, only to find a guy with a shy smirk on his face, leaning onto the back of the dance room door with his arms crossed.
 
Im Hyunsik.
 
She immediately tried to stand up but the throbbing pain on her ankle made her drop to the ground with a thud.
 
"Ack!" She scream slightly.
 
"Tsk tsk tsk" Hyunsik cluttered his tongue, making his way toward her, arms still crossed over his chest, the smirk still plastered on his face.
 
He squat down to her level and gazed into Da Hye's eyes, intensely.
 
Da Hye could feel heat rising up her cheeks, so she lowered her gaze, breaking away from Hyunsik's stare.
 
Hyunsik stifled a laugh, and decided to stop making her turn into a tomato.
He moved his attention to Da Hye's now swollen ankle.
The moment the skin on his fingers touched the skin on Da Hye's ankle, electricity ran through her body.
Her heart ran another mile. She was shivering slightly due to her nervous nerves.
 
Hyunsik gently held her ankle examining the swell.
Da Hye would flinch when the pain would suddenly stab.
 
"Ah, mian." Hyunsik apologized in a gentle soft tone. "Why'd you do it?"
 
"E-eh?" Da Hye looked at him in wide round eyes.
 
"Why are you pushing yourself so hard?" He asked in a tone that sounded so y to Da Hye's ears.
 
Da Hye swallowed a lump of saliva in .
Hyunsik, yet again, gazed straight into Da Hye's round eyes.
Her heartbeat was now out of control. Its racing like there is no tomorrow.
 
Da Hye opened to answer but not a sound exited her petite mouth.
She was drowned into Hyunsik's gentle gaze.
Even Hyunsik himself could not seem to break his gaze, he felt comfortable looking into her eyes.
Her eyes showed slight fear, and he felt the want to protect her.
 
He barely knew her, but he feels the need to round his hands around her slim figure and bring her closer.
He has desires to do it.
If not for the sudden banging of the door and the stroll of BEAST into the dance studio, he might have done something he should not.
 
"Ahaha. Dongwoon-ah you shouldn't-" 
 
Yoseob who was the first to enter the room, halted in his steps causing the member behind to bang into him as one by one bang into the one in front like a train.
 
"Yaish! Why'd you stop?!" Doo Joon shouted when he banged into Hyun Seung in front of him.
 
"It wasn't me! He did it first!" Hyun Seung blamed Gi Kwang.
 
"What? No way!" Gi Kwang protested, pointing to Junhyung.
 
"Yah, jugule? It's this boy right here!" They turned to look at Dongwoon. 
 
"N-na aniya! It was Yoseob-hyung!" Dongwoon whined.
 
Hyunsik and Da Hye turned their heads toward the commotion.
6 pairs of eyes, were looking straight at them.
Da Hye had her eyes widen in embarrassment as she made the effort to stand again.
Hyunsik coughed out the awkwardness as he helped Da Hye to stabilize her stance.
 
"Sunbaenim." Hyunsik greeted, bowing in respect. 
 
Da Hye bowed along. "Ch-choiseonghamnida." she apologized. "I-i'll take my leave."
 
She took a step forward but her ankle screamed in pain.
She stumbled forward and drop to the ground.
 
All the guys in the scene jerked forward but they could not make it on time.
 
Da Hye left her head hung low. She was so embarrassed that she could not lift her head to look.
 
'The guys must be laughing at me. I'm such a klutz' She mentally slapped herself.
 
Hyunsik did not know what overcame him for doing what he was going to do.
He placed his one hand under Da Hye's thighs, the other under her neck and lifts her up bridal style.
 
Da Hye was caught off guard. Her eyes were now widened in shock. Not only because she was surprised but she was also embarrassed by the fact that BEAST were witnessing it. 
 
"W-w-what are you doing? P-put me down," She stuttered, her face was inevitably red.
 
Hyunsik ignored and started walking off, bowing his head toward BEAST as a gesture of excusing himself.
 
BEAST's tailed their eyes on Hyunsik as he disappeared toward the nursing room.
 
"Uwah, meositda...." Gi Kwang muttered, only to receive a smack on his head.
 
"Ow! Doo Joon-ie, what was that for?!" he cried.
 
"Get to practice!" Doo Joon ordered.
 
Meanwhile, in the nursing room.
Hyunsik placed Da Hye gently on the sick bay and searched for some ointment and a bandage.
She tailed her eyes on what he was busy searching for.
 
"W-what are you doing now?"
 
"Need to get that swell treated, don't you think so?" He turns to face her with the ointment and a bandage, flashing a charming smile.
 
Da Hye immediately looked away, afraid of another nervous breakdown.
He came around and kneel in front of her. starting with the ointment.
 
"I-i can do it on my own." Da Hye tried to protest.
 
"Aigoo, Noona! Just stay still will you?"
 
"N-noona?"
 
Hyunsik just smirked, carrying on with bandaging her ankle.
He safely clips the end of the bandage, and pushes himself up to stand.
 
Da Hye had a confused look across he face.
 
"Hmm," He nods, implying to her question before. "Noo...na!" He pointed to her, "Dongsaeng" he pointed to himself ending with another smirk causing Da Hye to turn tomato red for the nth time in just an hour.
 
Hyunsik held in a laugh. He felt satisfied being able to cause her to turn red again.
 
He patted her head gently.
 
"Give the ankle a rest, okay Noona?" He purposely winked and strolled out whistling, leaving Da Hye with agape.
 
~~~
 
It was the end of the week, which means, it was time for assesment.
All the trainees were gathered in the dance studio for a one by one assess like it was an audition.
The trainees have to free dance and sing the song sheet passed to them on the spot.
The 7 BTOB mentors were there to witness if their proteges made improvement during that whole week of training.
Da Hye was nervously sitting in the crowd waiting for her name to be called.
Her ankle was much better but she should not put pressure on it for too long, which means, dancing, is a no no. But it was assessment time, she did not want to get kicked out despite the fact that she was not even trained by Seo Eunkwang. She had to proof that she is good enough to stay, and make sure she stays by Eunkwang's side to find out the truth.
 
"Min Da Hye," She was called out. "Mentor, Seo Eunkwang."
 
Eunkwang, with a bored expression, took a seat beside the assessors like all the other previous mentors.
 
They handed her a lyric sheet she has to sing on the spot
 
"So what would like to start of with? Dance or Sing first?" One of the assessors asked.
 
Da Hye thought she should get the dancing part over with since her ankle might not be able to withstand for so long.
 
"Dance please." She requested.
 
The assessor nods and signal for the song to start.
 
Beats and rhythm started filling the room.
Da Hye, swayed to the rhythm, getting the feel to the beat.
She slowly started moving to the rhythm, free dancing lightly.
She then got into the beat as she made her moves stronger and faster, like how she practised before.
People were getting impressed by her moves, even Seo Eunkwang.
His mouth was slightly agape, watching Da Hye's body move freely to the beat.
 
The assessors were nodding and jotting down marks in satisfaction.
Only until she was about to end her moves, she accidentally put all her weight pressure on that one sore ankle.
Her ankle screamed in pain, as she fall down to the ground with a bang.
The audience gasp and the atmosphere turn silent.
Everyone stared at her as she struggled to regain her stance. She hopped on the one fine foot, gritting her teeth, bearing the pain.
 
"I think you had enough, go back to your sit," An assessor voiced out, breaking the silence.
 
"No, I'm fine." Da Hye declared, her hands trembling. 
 
"We've seen enough. Just ge-"
 
"P-please..." Da Hye pleaded.
 
The assessor sighed, and settled back in his seat.
 
"T-thank you..." she mumbled.
 
Da Hye swallowed a huge lump and maintain her posture.
 
Meanwhile Seo Eunkwang was already smirking at the side, looking away.
 
'Huh, its a waste of time expecting much from her. She's hopeless...'
 
Da Hye took quite a while to compose herself.
She then took a deep breath before clearing .
 
"Niga ittneun gos-" She cracked.
 
Eunkwang snorted, but immediately hid it behind his fist.
 
'See, I knew it.'
 
She coughed out a few times and tried again.
 
"Niga ittneun gose nado hamkke halge.." Her voice was trembling bad, and so were her hands.
 
One assessor raised his hand to stop her. "That's enough," and he waved her off.
 
Seo Eunkwang could not help but to smirk again seeing Da Hye failing her assessment.
 
'She'd be gone tomorrow...' or so he thought.
 
 
Da Hye, back at her seat, stuck her gaze low and she could feel herself breaking down soon, expecting for the worse.
 
The assessors finally made their decision and they stood in front the trainees and BTOB.
 
He started of with a sigh.
 
"For this first assessment, we decided to make it a non elimination round so, all of you are safe."
 
Small cheers were heard made by the relieved trainees.
 
Da Hye and Eunkwang both snapped their heads up the moment the word 'safe' was mentioned.
 
'I'm safe?'
 
'She's safe? No way...'
 
Da Hye's expression brightens but Eunkwang's darkens, with dark clouds even, appearing above his head.
He rolled his eyes and grunted inwardly in frustration.
 
"But that doesn't mean you are good enough. You still need to strive harder, this is not it at all. Further up, its harsher. Mentors, you guys don't get too cocky, because you guys are being assessed too."
 
Again, Eunkwang snapped his head toward the assessor who was glaring directly at him.
He widens his eyes in shock, and lowers his sight.
 
'What? Damn...' his mind cursed.
 
"That's it for now, remember, don't be too happy. We'll see you again in a week's time with better performances than this one. Mentors, you may retrieve your trainees back." And he ended the session.
 
Other trainees went back to their respective mentors and thank them for the guidance.
The mentors pat their backs and gave more encouragement for them to work harder,
except....
 
Those two.
 
Da Hye was smiling to herself, feeling relieved that she was not eliminated.
She heaved a grateful sigh as she thank God for the chance.
Meanwhile Eunkwang, was glaring at her with a frown, feeling unsatisfied,
She finally take a look around to find her mentor. As soon as she saw Eunkwang, she hobbled toward him.
Though he has been neglecting her despite being her mentor, she felt grateful still.
She bowed and smiled to him, but Eunkwang ignored. He felt so dissatisfied. 
Why? He was unsure himself.
 
Da Hye, followed him from behind, hobbling on one foot.
 
"W-what are we training today?" Da Hye tried to grab is attention.
 
He kept on walking and ignored her presence behind him.
 
"E-eunkwang-shi.." Da Hye tried again, tugging on his sleeve. Her ankle was in extreme pain. 
She wanted to rest, but at the same time, did not want to get left behind.
 
Again, he ignored.
 
Her feet finally gave in, and she stumbled grabbing onto the back of Eunkwang's shirt.
 
"Ack!" she cried.
 
Eunkwang jerked backwards as he felt a heavy load on his left calve.
He turns around to find Da Hye, holding onto his calve, herself already on the ground.
 
"Aish, sinja..." he wiggled his legs signalling Da Hye let loose her grip.
 
She immediately forced herself up and bowed again and again in apology.
 
"Choiseonghamnida, choiseonghamnida."
 
Eunkwang was getting too irritated. He wanted to shoo her off but because of the assessment criteria, he had to hold it in.
 
"Tsk!" He ended up muttering and carried on, with Da Hye tailing quietly at the back.
 
They arrived to Eunkwang's apartment.
Seo Eunkwang actually preferred to spend time in his apartment rather than to loiter around CUBE Entertainment Building. He would only be there if there was practice, or important meetings, or else, you can find him in his apartment.
 
Even though he let Da Hye follow him back to his apartment, he had no intention of training her.
He immediately disappeared into the wash room for a shower.
 
Meanwhile Da Hye, wobbled to the sofa, and settled in.
She heaved a huge sigh feeling glad that she could finally let her ankle rest after enduring such a distance.
She lean into the soft sofa back, intending to relax but her eyes started to feel heavy.
In no realization, Da Hye dozed off into dreamland.
 
Eunkwang, feeling fresher and better after a long hot shower, left the wash room and halted seeing Da Hye asleep on his leather sofa.
He tip toed toward her, getting a closer look at her calm, sleeping face.
He waved his hand frantically in front of her face, but got himself surprised when Da Hye stirred in her sleep. and shifted her head.
He jumped alittle, terrified she might have gain conscious.
 
"Aish, this girl..." he muttered and squinted his eyes at her.
 
But suddenly, his heart felt the urge to do something.
 
He leaned in closer to her face and lifted his right point finger.
He trailed his finger down the bridge of her nose down to her soft lips and lower down to her chin.
Unknowingly, he giggled.
He then tap her left cheek lightly and finishes with drawing a star lightly on Da Hye's right cheek.
 
A habit he loved doing on a certain someone, years ago.
 
-----
 
 
 
A/N_BABAM! This time, its the whole of BEAST featuring! ᄏᄏᄏᄏ
And Im Hyunsik! Such a tease! ;P
Imagine Seo Eunkwang drawing a star on your right cheek when you're sleeping.....
Hehehehe! <3
 
Hope you enjoyed the chapter! ^.^ 
Ouh, the song sheet she was handed during the assessment was Ailee's 'Heaven'
*Cough Kiki Featured in the MV *Cough*
Mehehehe.
 
Want me to share a secret?
My twitter is, @nurpadabyrne. Follow me for some fan chats!
LOL. I'm just joking. I'm just teasing.
Mianhae~
 
Follow me if you want to see me rant and spam about KPOP.
HAHAHA.
 
Thanks to BibihwaitingBook4567yoseob990820 & Wont4GetBoutYou for all the comments. 
Honestly speaking, I can actually write all this because I was so encouraged by your comments. 
Really. :)
Thank you so much! Keep commenting! ^.^
New readers, don't be shy! *wriggles eyebrows* LOL.
 
Yogi Kaji. 
Tto beoja~
 
Areumdaun bam-iyaiya~