Chapter 17

My Bestfriend was all lies.

As he promised, the next day Eunkwang brought Da Hye to meet Mr Hong to the clear the air.

*knock knock*

"Sajangnim..." Eunkwang started as he peeks his head into the room.

Mr Hong lifts his head and saw Eunkwang, he bows his head slightly, but his face soon frowned when he saw Da Hye trailing behind Eunkwang.

He removes his glasses and leans back in his chair.

"Its you two again..." the CEO started.

Da Hye couldn't help to feel the disappointment. She feels that the CEO seems to be unhappy seeing her here again.

"What is it?" Mr Hong questions the two standing in front of him.

Da Hye nudges Eun Kwang to voice out. Eunkwang glances toward Da Hye with a look that disappoints her more.

Mr Hong lets out a sigh and folds his arms.

"I'm waiting," Mr Hong sneered.

Da Hye shuts her eyes and took a huge breath. She then started,

"Our intention coming here again is -"

"Please let Da Hye train back in CUBE!" Eunkwang interrupted and bowed ninety degrees to the CEO.

Da Hye widen her eyes at the sudden interruption, but soon resume her stance and followed Eunkwang bowing ninety degrees.

Mr Hong leans and rest his elbows on the tabletop fiddling with his fingers. He clears his throat aloud on purpose.

"Give me one solid reason why I should agree to this?"

***

Da Hye sighed endlessly as she tailed Eunkwang toward the dance studio. She was given another chance but why does she feel un-accomplished? Why does it feel wrong?

Eunkwang barged into the dance studio greeting s who were rehearsing for their first "I stole those lips" performance.

"Oh, Hyung!" Sungjae waves but his eyes brightens when he saw Da Hye at the back. "Oh Da Hye noona!" He cried.

That causes Hyunsik to snap his head up toward the door as his heart rate increases seeing Da Hye standing by the door.

The other members became excited as they surround Da Hye bombarding her with questions and telling her how much they missed her. Da Hye was flustered. She didn't think she would be that memorable to the boys despite only being with them for mere weeks.
Hyunsik couldn't seem to approach the crowd. He stood at a distance just witnessing the conversation.

"So Noona's gonna train back here with us?" Ilhoon brought up the question. Everyone stayed silent eyeing Eunkwang.

Hyunsik's ears perked up as he stared down at the group.

Eunkwang caught Hyunsik's glare and smirked in victory. 
"Yup,"

The boys erupted in cheers, congratulating Da Hye. Hyunsik suddenly felt frustrated.. he picks up his towel full of sweat and hangs it on his shoulder as he starts warming down.

"But Noona is no longer in the competition right? Since she got, you know.. eliminated," Sungjae carefully mentions.

Eunkwang nods in agreement.

"So where is she staying? I don't think she will be staying with the others." Peniel began to interrogate.

At Peniel's question, a wide smirk spreads across Eunkwang's face. He purposely looks toward Hyunsik's direction and catches his eyes.

"She's staying at my place!" Eunkwang said in glee.

The whole studio went dead silent, members agape in shock and finally exclaimed in unison.

"MWO?!"

Hyunsik could not refrain his eyes from going wide at what he heard.

'No, it can't be. That's not possible. How could this happen? No way. The CEO will never agree to this.'

Hyunsik's body suddenly went hot and cold. He could not believe his ears.

There must be some mistake.

He round up his warm down exercises and cuts across the group as he strides out the room toward the CEO's door.

He nods lightly on the door and enters the room greeting with a bow.

"Ha, now it's you Hyunsik. What is it?" Mr Hong puts down his pen and crosses his fingers, staring Hyunsik down.

Hyunsik swallows a lump in his throat and rounds up his courage.

"Sir, is it true that Min Da Hye is joining back into CUBE?"

Mr Hong snorted a laugh and leans back in his chair.

"News spreads fast around here,"

"But Sir -"

"I don't know what has gotten into you boys these days. Just minutes ago, it was Seo Eunkwang and now its you Lim Hyunsik.. I must be really missing something here." Mr Hong leans forward and catches Hyunsik's eyes. "Am I, Hyunsik-ah?" The CEO's voice softens at the end.

Hyunsik widens his eyes in guilt.

"A-ani..yo" Hyunsik croaks, lowering his gaze.

"Is there anything else that I can help you with?"

***

 

Hyunsik left Mr Hong's room in a daze. He still could not believe that his CEO would agree to letting Da Hye moving in with Seo Eunkwang.

He clenches his fists tight as his eyes started to sting with tears. His jaw tightens trying to hold in his tears from flowing.

'This is wrong...'  his thoughts tell him.

He stares in space as he tries to recompose himself. He clears his throat.

"Ah, I should just head back and sleep."

He made his way back to his dorm.

As soon as he enters his room, shared by Ilhoon, he got a shock of his life.

 
Eunkwang was seated on his bed looking comfy, reading a book.
 
Hyunsik knitted his brows in confusion and approached his older member.
 
"Hyung, what are you doing here?"
 
At the same time, Ilhoon appears from behind the bathroom door after a shower.
 
"Oh, Hyunsik hyung! Eunkwang hyung's moving in!" Ilhoon greeted with a wide grin.
 
"M-Mwo?!" 
 
~★~
 
A/N_I'm back! I hope..