Chapter 40: Reunited

Dare to Desire

 

Love is not written on paper, for paper can be erased. Nor is it etched on stone, for stone can be broken. But it is inscribed on a heart and there it shall remain forever.

ミ★~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~★彡\

Jieun’s Manager’s POV

            “For the next few months you’re going to be piled with work so keep your head up and do your best, okay?” I warned, sighed as I stared at our destination ahead that was the Loen building. Jieun sat quietly in the passenger seat, agreeing to everything I said. I worried that she wasn’t taking me seriously enough, because composing every single song in her mini album on her own is a lot of work. She has to do all that on top of her daily school assigned work. If it were me, I would be rolling back and forth in a corner in fetal position, wondering why I brought all this stress onto myself.

            “Jieun, do you understand me?” I asked again after not receiving a response the first time. I took a quick glance to the side and saw that she was already snoozing peacefully. Unfortunately, I’d have to cut her nap short. We arrived at the building and after parking in my designated spot, I shook her gently on the shoulder. She winced and turned away, eyes still closed.

            “Wake up Jieun, you have a lot to do today.” I whispered, wondering why I wasn’t screaming in her ear to get her up. That would be too mean to my new dongsaeng. I shook her shoulder some more and she slapped my hand away, yet her eyes were still closed. Did she just attack me in her sleep? With my pointer finger, I pushed down on her nose and immediately her eyes sprung open, her hands covering her nose.

            “Unnie, what was that for? You’re going to flatten my nose!” She whined, pinching her nose. For someone who never had a nose job, her nose was already pretty tall compared to most other idols before they get a nose job. I didn’t see why she was complaining, but at least she woke up. We both left the car and entered the building. Jieun knew this place inside out now, and it was safe to let her wander here. I entered my office while she left to her little private ‘study’ room where she supposedly works on all her songs, but since the director installed a TV there I couldn’t always be sure of just how much work she was getting done. There I go again, acting like a mother. In my eyes, I still had a long way to go before motherhood, so I shrugged away the thought and pulled out Jieun’s schedule book and my computer. Once the Nagging promotions end Jieun will have approximately one month of low public activity until the release of her mini album. I was to choose which songs she would be promoting and how to fill the small one month gap. Furrowing my eyebrows, I grabbed a ball point pen and began browsing through program websites for any openings.

            “I’m sorry sir, but you’ll have to leave.” A loud security guard from outside urged a handsome yet familiar young man outside in the lobby. From my glass windows of my office I could see everything clearly. They were being far too loud for me to concentrate on publicizing IU. Slightly frustrated, I exited my office to get a better view of the commotion.

            “No fans are allowed inside the building.” The security confirmed, attempting to shove the boy away. He was persistent, pushing back as he begged,

            “Please, I have to see IU.” I could see that his eyes were beginning to water, and even though the security’s arm covered half of his face I couldn’t help but think that I’ve seen him somewhere before.

            “What’s going on here?” I approached them and asked with authority. Crossing my arms, I eyed both the security guard and the boy.

            “This fan wants to meet IU; he won’t leave until he does.” The guard explained. I nodded, staring back at the boy. His face was too familiar; why couldn’t I put a name on it?

            “You’re IU’s manager right? Please let me see her for a moment.” He pleaded, his voice echoed in my head and I realized who he was. I stepped between the two, removing the security’s tight grip on his arm and informed,

            “I’ll take care of this, please follow me.” I eyed him once, signaling for him to follow and then trailed back to my office. He took a seat at my desk opposite of m;, his face expressed much anxiety and frustration.

            “Although I don’t know why a member of 2PM would be coming to look for IU, I must let you know that she’s very busy working on her upcoming mini album amidst her duet promotions with your sunbae, so she won’t be able to see you today.” I explained slowly, hoping that Wooyoung wouldn’t get angry. I’ve been Jieun’s manager for months now and yet she’s never mentioned even his name, so I didn’t know what relationship they had.

            “Where is she right now?” He demanded quietly with fierce eyes. I bit my lip, uncertain of how to get him to leave peacefully. I came to the conclusion that calling his manager would be the best way. Before I could lift the phone to my ear, his firm grip stopped me as he asked again,

            “Please let me see her.” Persistence was an understatement. I let go of the phone, letting it drop roughly onto my desk and crossed my arms again. Again I attempted to explain,

            “She’s bu—“Outside my window, I could see Jieun walking around the lobby with a clipboard in one hand, a pen in another. She wasn’t necessarily walking in circles, but she was walking quite close to my office. The seconds that I stopped talking was enough for Wooyoung to catch on. He followed my gaze, turning his head around seeing Jieun humming to herself outside my window. Damn the company for being cheap and not building soundproof walls. Immediately upon hearing her voice, he shot up from the chair and slowly left my office.

            “Crap,” I cursed, knowing it was too late to stop them from meeting. I wasn’t quite sure why I didn’t want him to see her; I just had some strange instinct keeping me on the opposing side.

Wooyoung’s POV

            “Maybe you’re the one, maybe ojjomyeon, ojjomyeon niga,” She sang with her heavnly voice as she carelessly paced back and forth in the lobby, occasionally throwing her pen up in the air and catching it as if it were a baton. I stayed still, leaning against the door of the office forgetting that her manager wouldn’t be able to open the door.

            “Tch, she doesn’t look that busy.” I mumbled quietly, not loud enough for Jieun to hear. She was singing my lines in the Maybe duet repeatedly, trying to get the right feel. Tapping on the clipboard, she shook her head and started again in a different pitch. When it got to the ‘girl’s’ turn to sing; I gladly took the cue.

            “Maybe it is true, onjena neomu, gakkai ieosseo,” Startled, she immediately turned around to face me. She had her thick framed glasses on and her hair up in a messy bun, but she still looked as cute as ever. We paused for a few seconds until I couldn’t hold back my smile. Inching away from the door, I walked closer to her until we were only two metres apart and a smile grew on her face.

            “Mollasseonabwa Baby I’m in love with you.” We both sang the last line of the chorus, Jieun’s voice harmonizing beautifully. A clapping sound came from behind us and I turned briefly to see her manager applauding our short performance.

            “It’s been a while.” I chuckled, unsure of how to break the ice. It was true that we haven’t spoken properly in far too long, but the way we sang together for even a few seconds reassured us that not too much had changed—at least not between us. She smiled shyly and rubbed the back of her neck.

            “How have you and Suzy been?” She asked suddenly, changing the topic a bit—not that there was a defined topic in the first place. I stared back at her slightly confused as to why she would ask about Suzy of all people.

            “Suzy?” I muttered in the midst of my confusion.

            “Aren’t you two… you know… together?” She hesitated before asking, her voice was shaky and uncertain. The moment she said the word ‘together’ I choked on my own saliva. Me? With Suzy? That was like finding water on Venus—definitely impossible. I began chuckling now making Jieun the confused one.

            “Suzy has a thing for Taecyeon.” I explained, covering my mouth immediately as I remembered Suzy threatening that she’d kill me if I even uttered a word. Jieun opened to gasp and I covered it with my right palm.

           “You can’t tell anyone or she’ll have my head. Promise?” I insisted, raising my left pinky for a pinky promise. Even though my right hand covered , I could tell she was smiling by her half moon eyes. She raised her left pinky for the pinky promise and I dropped my hand from her face. She was now laughing happily, and so was I. Our childish spirits filled the atmosphere, and suddenly, she tackled me with a bear hug.

            “I missed you.” She confessed, resting her cheek on my shoulder. After regaining my composure from the initial shock, I smiled and hugged her back.

            “Me too,” I admitted, feeling the warmth of her cheeks and hands. Her manager suddenly comes up to us, a stern look on her face. Her arms were crossed and her feet were tapping on the ground. The unpleasant stare she gave us forced us apart, and we both stared back at her, unsure of what would happen next.

A/N: This was the chapter you all were waiting for ^^ Wooyoung and Jieun reunite! But the story's not quite over. Please keep reading until the end^^ Thank you everyone! Sorry for keeping you all waiting for so long.