Chapter 34: Innocence

Dare to Desire

 

You don’t define an ambitious person by the amount of problems they face, but how they reflect resiliency by the way they react.

 ミ★~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~★彡

Jieun’s POV

            It was my fault all this happened, so why do I feel so wronged? This is stupid—I was the one who wronged him first. Kikwang cheated on me because I didn’t give him my all, but why do I care so much? We were together and it meant nothing more than a status because I knew very well I had no feelings for him. Months ago when we met there were no sparks and even up until now I felt nothing special for him. How was it possible that the concept of being cheated on could still tear my mind to pieces? I received a call from Kikwang earlier this morning saying that he’d pick me up from the JYP building after I finished recording my duet with Seulong. It was two weeks since that incident, and since he was evidently drunk when the phone call came, it was obvious he had no idea it even happened. Still, I didn’t know why I was keeping quiet about it. To cheat on me was one thing, but to cheat on me for Eunjung just made things a whole lot worse. It made me think that Eunjung had never wanted to reconcile with me in the first place, and to think that everything she had said to be was a forced lie made me shudder. In the end she would always be that one girl who sought after a fight with me no matter who it involved or what it was about. In her mind she just always had to be better. I held my light pink guitar as if I were hugging it as I entered the JYP building. This would be my second time so the shock didn’t keep me from moving forward. I memorized the path towards the studio, and the reason I brought my guitar was to suggest recording an acoustic version of the duet. I practiced an original rendition following the same tune to get my mind off things. It was a relief that my guitar still had the ability to set my mind straight when I felt on the verge of tears. On other days, I would just cry it out as I played, but that didn’t happen so often anymore.

            “When’s Taecyeon coming?” A familiar harsh female voice caught my attention. The coldness in her tone was unmistakable. Midway up the plight of stairs, I looked up to see the girl, Suzy, pass by with an upright posture, head held high in all her pride.

            “He’s always the late one. I called him five minutes ago so he should be rushing here now.” Another voice answered. I knew his voice inside out, and recognized exactly who it was before I caught sight of his profile for a brief two seconds. Hugging my guitar tight, I moved it up to cover my face in hopes that they wouldn’t notice me. Surrounded by marble walls it would take a blind person to fall for my amateur camouflage but thankfully they paid no attention to the stairs and passed by, laughing to some inside joke I never caught. Once their voices were too far to be heard clearly, my knees gave out and I slid onto the stairs, my guitar smacking against the matching marble stairs. My optimistic mood had unknowingly drifted into a cloud of disappointment and the only question left roaming in my mind was regarding why Wooyoung never contacted me once since he returned to Korea. Crazy assumptions filled into the holes in my mind, formulating random reasons as to why he never called, but the one that bothered me the most was that there was someone else. Could that someone else that walked into his life when I dropped out be Bae Suzy?

            “Daydreaming on the stairs I see. Is it really that comfortable down there?” Seulong’s joking voice brought me back to reality. He stood at the top of the plight, waiting for me to come up. Embarrassed to be found in such a position, I quickly rose and brushed off invisible dirt from my skirt and guitar. Thankfully there were no scratches.

            “Annyeonghaseyo, Seulong-sshi,” I greeted with a polite bow, my cheeks flushed from my embarrassment. He ruffled my hair on the top of my head playfully and signaled for me to follow him to the studio. At the door was my potential future manager from Loen entertainment, here to evaluate my performance. With a deep gulp, I forced the thoughts of Wooyoung temporarily out of my mind and replaced them with lyrics of the duet. This was one of the most defining moments of my life—I can’t afford to screw up.

Taecyeon’s POV

            I bumped against countless people through the busy streets of Seoul. In my head I cursed my alarm clock for killing my batteries causing me to be late for my first day as a JYP trainee. Thankfully Wooyoung called me or I’d really be in for it.

            “Excuse me,” I urged, sprinting past a couple without caring who they were. My only goal for today was to get to the dance room in one piece. This seemed like one of those ‘so close but so far away’ moments.

            “Oh! Ok Taecyeon?” The girl I just brushed past called out to me. I turned around to see Ham Eunjung, smiling as if she’d been friends with me for ages, running up to me looking like she had a million words to say. Trying to express my urgency, I muttered

            “Ah, Eunjung—“

            “What brings you to the JYP building? Are you perhaps a trainee?” She asked cheekily, eyeing me from head to toe. It was typical of her to check out every guy in front of her face, and from high school until now she never fixed her habit of doing it so obviously. In my eyes she was just a ert. I nodded and sighed,

            “Yes, and—“

            “Does that mean Wooyoung Oppa is here as well?” She interrupted again. The moment she mentioned Wooyoung, a face I never wanted to see again appeared, standing beside her defensively with a deadly glare plastered on his face.

            “Wooyoung?” Kikwang asked in envy, eyeing Eunjung with scrutiny. She shrugged and assured him,

            “Just a good high school friend like Taecyeon here,” Her eyes fled back to me, her arms snaking around Kikwang as he returned her gesture with a kiss on the forehead. I wanted to barf; first Suzy and Jieun and now Eunjung? This ungrateful player needs a giant slap in the face.

            “Why the hell are you here? Last time I checked, homeless people weren’t allowed in the building.” I remarked, smirking at the sight of his denim ripped jeans, messily styled hair and sloppy collared shirt. Kikwang returned with a sarcastic laugh, staring me in the eyes as he replied,

            “Why else do you think? I’m here to pick up Jieun from the recording studio.” He rolled his eyes at me as if I was an idiot, and that was what cut the line. Eunjung stood shamelessly beside him with a grin, setting me off even more.

            “You shameless bastard!” I screamed, sending a blow right to his plastic face. I could hit him a hundred more times and it still wouldn’t be enough to cure his inhumanity. He stayed on the floor cringing, his hand brushing the blood dripping down the edge of his lip. My fists were clenched tighter than ever, and I was ready to send him back to the floor once he got up. Eunjung’s alarming scream caught the attention of several other trainees in the JYP lobby, but only one in particular mattered.

            “Taecyeon, Hajima!” Wooyoung pleaded, holding my raised arm back as Eunjung tried to pull Kikwang back up. The moment he stood, he foolishly aimed for a direct attack back at my face but was stopped by Suzy with a blunt slap across the face, who had rushed to the scene the moment Wooyoung did.

            “Why are you doing this?!” Wooyoung demanded, his eyes looked terrified to see me like this. It had been a while since Wooyoung had to stop me from ruining myself by getting into another fist fight. I lowered my defense, trusting that Suzy had Kikwang’s corrupt temper under control and snarled,

            “This bastard is playing Jieun.” This one short sentence was enough to tick off Wooyoung who without hesitating; sent another punch right at Kikwang’s face.

            “Wooyoung Oppa, michyeoseo?!” Eunjung cried, tears pouring out of her eyes as she painfully watched her three-timing boyfriend’s face get punched right in. All eyes were on Kikwang when he finally opened his mouth to speak.

            “So you’re the infamous Jang Wooyoung that’s got Jieun wrapped around your fingers? Tch, I was wondering when I’d meet you.” He smirked cockily, standing up on his own now and landing a surprise punch at Wooyoung's face. No one had seen it coming, but Wooyoung was quick to regain his composure. Eunjung’s expression was horrified.

 

             “Is this all you’re worth? You’re too pathetic to even consider yourself a man.” Wooyoung insulted; venom present in his remark as he wiped the blood from his own lips. When it came to taking punches, Wooyoung was the man.

            “You’re right. I was pathetic. I was pathetic for keeping her next to me, listening to her mutter your filthy name in her sleep every time she napped. Her innocence is such riddance. She was pretty much asking to be cheated on.” He snapped, his tone rising. Wooyoung’s eyes looked like he could kill. The security managed to step in before Wooyoung could make a rash move, forcing the two out of the building stamped with a ban from JYP Entertainment.  

Wooyoung’s POV

            I stood beside Taecyeon contemplating the words Kikwang placed in my head. Before the tension got physical, I was close enough to hear the gist of Taecyeon and Kikwang’s conversation. He was here to pick up Jieun from the recording studio, so did that mean she was here? Was Jieun a trainee in JYP Entertainment too? The thought of the innocent Jieun having been so close to such a heartless jerk made me shiver, and to see Taecyeon so tense after an encounter with him must really confirm what a shameless idiot he was.

            “Freaking kid has guts to pop up in front of me again.” Taecyeon spat in disgust, glaring in the direction they were kicked out.

            “I understand why Wooyoung is so pissed, but why are you so worked up? Do you perhaps like Jieun too?” Suzy questioned, crossing her arms in front of us, tapping her feet impatiently. Taecyeon immediately began twitching as he answered,

            “It’s not like that. He just… ugh, the sight of his conceited face makes me want to punch holes in the wall.” I could tell he was hiding something from the both of us, but at this moment we had more to worry about. I wanted to run straight for the studio to see if Jieun really was there, but our choreographer was rushing down the stairs to us to the dance room. I recalled glancing upon someone holding a pink guitar when I passed the main stairs earlier today. I never put much thought into it before but now that I thought about it, the only girl childish enough at this age to carry around a pink guitar was Jieun. Was life playing a joke on us?

A/N: Once again, the quote at the top of this chapter was by me ^^! I'm looking forward to reading thoughts about this chapter. By far the most violent... and like I said I'm not good at fight scenes. I felt bad for using the word bastard twice because I actually don't swear but I was so caught in the moment and I couldn't think of a better word to express the mood of the story so I used it. I hope it didn't offend anyone!!! T.T! Nonnetheless I had much fun writing this so I hope you all have fun reading as well! Thank you for your continual support!

Sorry if there was a confusing; Kikwang and Eunjung get kicked out of JYP not Taecyeon and Wooyoung ^^