Chapter 2

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

(Amber’s POV)

(Saturday)

“Unnie! This place looks really expensive…” I immediately pulled unnie aside to stop her from going into the shop that had an extremely classy furnishing.

 

“Don’t worry! I will pay for whatever we had spent here!” Unnie smiled and patted on my head like what an elder sister will always do to a younger one.

 

“But…”

 

“Relax! Can’t you let me be a good sister?” Unnie said.

 

“Alright! Unnie… thank you so much!”

 

“You do not need to thank me! You just have to accept my contributions!” Unnie smiled and put her arms over my shoulders.

 

I must be blessed to have such a good sister. Even though we only shared the same father, but she had never mistreated me.

 

“Welcome, Miss Song!” A lady came forward and bowed at us as soon as we stepped into the shop.

 

“Please find a suitable dress for her.” Unnie told the lady.

 

“No problem.” The lady smiled and walked towards a row of short dresses, while the two of us followed her.

 

Those dresses looked really pretty and feminine. Will I be able to suit this dresses? I looked at myself through a mirror and found nothing on me that can be related to the word, ‘feminine’.

 

I looked at unnie and the lady who were busily deciding which dress will suit me more and smiled. Unnie was really serious about making me looked good for today’s party.

Not too long, unnie finally walked towards me with two short dresses in her hands.

 

“Amber, which one would you prefer? The black one or the white one?” Unnie held up the two dresses and asked me.

 

I looked at the two dresses for a moment and said, “Unnie, I’m not good at looking things like that. Why not, you just decide for me.”

 

Both dresses were great with crystals decorated on the side of the waistline. I couldn’t make up my mind. Furthermore, unnie was always good at styling people up.

 

“Hmmm… I think the white one will look the best for you. Take this and try on!” Unnie handed me the white dress and push me to the fitting room.

 

The white dress was fitting and it defined my waistline a lot. One thing that made me feel a little uncomfortable was that it was off shoulder.

I pulled the curtain aside and walked out of the fitting room. Unnie who was sitting on the sofa smiled as she stood up.

 

“I’m so proud of my taste! You really look good with this white dress, especially your waist! I never know that you have such a small waist!” Unnie turned me around and complimented.

 

“Won’t you think that I look too tomboyish to suit this dress?” I asked as I looked at myself through the mirror.

It’s kind of weird to see myself in a dress.

 

“That’s because you are still not done yet! Try this pair of heels!”

 

I widened up my eyes as I saw unnie handing me a pair of white heels with crystals and lace decorated around them.

 

T-this shoes will definitely kill my legs! They are freaking high!

I settled down on the sofa and tried on the shoes. When I took enough courage to stand up, I immediately lose my balance. Before falling to the ground, unnie had already gotten hold of me.

 

“Unnie, this is not going to work.” I shook my head as I tried to balance myself well. I am now at least 4cm higher than my usual height.

 

“No, it will work! You look gorgeous with those shoes. Walk around and practice!” Unnie said.

 

I followed what unnie had said and started walking around to get used of the height and the shoes. I swear that this will be the last time I ever walk around with high heels.

 

“See! You are doing well! Now, we better get going!” Unnie said and then pushed me back to the fitting room telling me to change back.

 

The both of us walked out of the shop and then went into the salon to get our hair done.

 

(5pm)

I was sitting at the back seat in a black BMW with unnie. Unnie had asked her personal chauffeur to drive us to the party and at the same time warned him not to tell anything to her mother.

 

The car stopped infront the entrance of the hotel where the party was held. The both of us stepped out of the car and I was walking really carefully to prevent myself from falling.

 

I heard that it was unnie’s High School friend’s birthday party and people who will be attending were all from rich families, therefore I do not want to do something that will be a disgrace to unnie.

As we entered the hotel, I was fascinated by magnificent settings and gorgeous decorations. If not for unnie, I would never ever enter this kind of place.

 

(Kris’s POV)

“Hey, Lu Han! It’s been a long time ever since we met!” As I entered the hall, I immediately found Lu Han who was chatting with a few other people.

 

“Hey! Kris and Tao!” Lu Han gave the two of us a hug.

 

“Happy Birthday! Lu Han!” I said as I handed him the gift that I had prepared for him.

 

“Thank you so much! How was your life going?” Lu Han asked as he handed the gifts to a waiter.

 

“Busy as always.” I said.

 

“Changing his secretary as always.” Tao continued.

 

I glared at Tao who said this cheekily.

 

“HAHAHA!! I had heard it from Tao. Now that, you even go to an extreme of finding a male secretary?” Lu Han laughed carelessly.

 

“Well, glad that I had entertained you.” I raised an eyebrow as I looked at Lu Han who can’t control his laughter.

 

“Oops! Sorry ‘bout that!” Lu Han immediately stopped his laughter but I can see that his eyes were still smiling and trying to control his laughter.

 

Suddenly, the atmosphere became quiet. Everyone placed his or her attention towards the hall entrance.

 

‘What happened?’ I thought.

 

“Ah… it’s Victoria. But who is that short hair girl?” Lu Han said with a smile.

 

After hearing what Lu Han had said, I laid my eyes on the short hair girl who was dressed with a white short dress and white high heels. The short dress revealed her long legs and even made her skin looked fairer.

The two girls were walking towards our direction. The long hair girl who I assumed as Victoria was smiling widely and holding on to the short hair girl’s hand.

 

‘She looks nervous…’ I thought as I notice the short hair girl’s face. She didn’t seem to be used to this kind of situation.

 

“Hi, Victoria!” Lu Han greeted the long hair girl.

 

“Happy Birthday, Lu Han! Never know that you actually remembered me and even invited me to your party!” Victoria said.

 

“Of course, I will remember you! After all, we had been really good friends back in high school!”

 

“Ya, right…

 

The two of them started chatting happily and I was totally staring at the short hair girl. I had never behaved like this before. What happened to me?

I decided to draw back my attention from the girl and started questioning myself until Lu Han said something that sparks my interest.

 

“Victoria, who is she?”

 

“Ah! She is… my best friend, A- Josephine! You said that I could bring anybody here, therefore I decided to bring her here to accompany me!” Victoria said as she pushed the short hair girl named Josephine forward to Lu Han.

 

She immediately bowed 90 degree and smiled, “Nice to meet you!”

 

“Nice to meet you!” Lu Han gave Josephine his usual cute smile.

 

“Oh right, this is Kris and this is Tao!” Lu Han who finally remembered that Tao and I were here and introduced the two of us to the girls.

 

“Kris?” Victoria looked at me in shocked but immediately gave a smile.

 

‘Why did I find that her smile was actually quite fake?’ I thought but immediately smiled back.

 

(Amber’s POV)

‘Ahhh… So this giant is unnie’s future husband?’ I looked at the guy named Kris. He is really tall and really good-looking at the same time. But, unnie said that guys who are good-looking and rich are most likely to be a player.

 

I found myself staring at him until he made an eye contact with me suddenly which made my heart skips a beat. I immediately broke the eye contact by looking away.

 

My legs started to have footsore and I wanted to find some place to sit down and rest. I looked around the hall and found a balcony at the other end.

 

‘Maybe I should go there and be a slacker!’ An idea came into my mind and as I smiled.

 

“Unnie, I need to go to the washroom for awhile.” I whispered to unnie’s ears.

 

“Alright, do you know where is it?” Unnie asked.

 

“I will find it myself.” I said with a smile, and then left the place.

 

The balcony seems to be really big and nobody had yet to occupy the space. I decided to find a dark corner where no one from the hall could see and took out the killer heels from my legs.

 

“Ahh… Finally my legs are fully on the ground!” I said as I felt a sense of relieve.

 

I know that unnie was trying to protect me by not exposing my real name. If stepmother knows that I had actually attended this kind of high-class party together with unnie, I will be in trouble.

 

But, it doesn’t feel good to tell a lie.

 

I looked up at the starry night and smiled. The night was cooling and the breeze that blew towards my face made me feel comfortable and relaxed.

 

I looked at the barrier and thought, ‘It will be so much better if I sit on top of it.’

But, I’m wearing a dress! I looked at the hem of the dress that was above my knees.

 

‘It was really tempting me…’ I hesitated for a moment and in the end I had decided to do it.

 

I looked around the balcony and the people in the hall. Music was playing and everyone was in the dance floor dancing to the soothing music.

‘Nobody will look here, right?’

 

Taking the chance, I immediately started climbing up the barrier that was above my waist level.

 

“What are you doing?!”

Suddenly a voice can be heard behind my back and the next second an arm wrapped across my waist and dragged me down from attempting to climb on to the barrier.