Chapter 1

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

“I AM NOT GOING TO WORK HERE ANYMORE!”

A loud voice an be heard from the room and the door was opened and shut with a loud ‘bam’. A tall and slim lady who came out of the room was dressed untidily and her hair was in a mess.

 

Her tears caused the make up on her pretty face to smudge. She dashed out of the room not caring about those people who stared at her wildly.

 

“15” A voice broke the silence.

 

“Nope, it should be 16!” Tao said.

 

“Yes! We won!” People in the room started high five-ing each other.

 

"See! I told you all that boss won't go for girls who are flirtatous . If that girl is his ideal type, then he would already have had tons of girlfriends. " Tao said as he looked at Kris who was sitting on his chair with a black face.

 

“Fine, you win..." Those people who bet on Number 16 took out 1000 bucks and handed it to Tao and his followers.

 

“I thought that number 16 might be the one who will be able to stay the longest as Kris’ secretary. But, in the end, she only stayed for less than one week.” Another person shook his head and said.

 

Everybody was discussing about this issue until Kris came out of the room. His black eyes look around the room and finally made an eye contact with Tao.

 

“Tao, come in to the room.” His said with a deep voice, then closed the door after Tao got into his personal office.

 

(Kris’s POV)

“This is the 16th time! Can’t you find a proper secretary who is capable to help me out and not try to seduce me?!” I tried to control my temper.

 

Thinking of what the girl had done in front of me made me feel disgusted. Furthermore, I already had a fiancée.

 

“Apparently, you are the most desirable bachelor in the market and most importantly, you are RICH.” Tao said cheekily.

 

I stared at Tao who was smiling like nobody's business. I can’t take this anymore.

 

“Get a lady who is capable and most importantly does not have a treacherous intent.” I sighed.

 

“Well, it’s hard to find this kind of lady. Unless you want me to find you a male secretary.” Tao said.

 

Male secretary? That is a good idea though.

 

“Alright, get me a male secretary.” I said.

 

“Okay. Wait! WHAT?!” Tao exclaimed as he looked at me with disbelief.

 

“You suggested it, right?”

 

“O M G! I’m just joking, Kris!”

 

“You are joking, but I am not! I need a male secretary as soon as possible! I don’t believe that I will be that unlucky to even meet a gay!” I shouted, and then finally calmed down.

 

“Fine. Oh yes, I almost forgotten. This Saturday is Lu Han’s birthday party, are you attending?” Tao asked.

 

“Of course.” I answered. It’s been a long time ever since I last met Lu Han. I heard that he was busy with his company since he just took over.

 

(Amber’s POV)

~Ding Dong~

 

My doorbell rang.

 

I went forward to open up the door and was surprised to see that unnie is here.

 

“Unnie!!” I shouted as I gave her a big hug.

 

“Here is something good for you! Your favourite, Chicken Soup!” Unnie broke the hug and hand me a Tupperware.

 

“WA!! Thank you, unnie! You are the best!” I exclaimed as I gave unnie another big hug.

 

I invited her to sit in the living room after we broke the hug. I opened up the lid and the pleasant smell from the chicken soup entered my nose. Unnie’s cooking skill is always the best! Whoever marries her will have a blessed stomach.

 

“Your apartment is so small and simple.” Unnie looked around the house and said with a frown.

 

I knew that unnie was worrying for me and that was way enough for me.

 

“I had ask my mum to let you stay in the house, but she is just too stubborn to agree with it.” Unnie sighed as she looked at me.

 

“Never mind, unnie! This is so much better than the previous apartment that I stayed together with my mum. At least, when it rains, I would not need to worry about those water that would drip from the roof.” I tried to comfort unnie but she continued to frown even harder.

 

“Furthermore, I never knew that I would get to meet my father and even had you as my elder sister! I am considered lucky!” I continued. Finally, unnie was no longer frowning and a smile spread across her face.

 

“Have you gotten a job?” Unnie asked.

 

“No, not yet.” I shook my head.

 

I had already graduated for almost half a year and I had not yet found a job. That was worrying. As for now, I am working as a full time in 7-11. But, that amount of salary will not last long for me.

 

“I knew it! Once again, my mum is so stubborn to not let you work in the family’s company!” Unnie started complaining again.

 

Every time unnie said this, my heart warmed up, as I know that there is someone that cared for me after my mum’s death.

 

“I will help to look around for you!” Unnie patted on my shoulder and said.

 

“Thank you!” I smiled.

 

“Oh right, I almost forgotten! This weekend I have to attend my friend’s party, can you accompany me?” Unnie held onto my hand and look at me with her pleading eyes.

 

I wanted to reject, as I know that the party is mend to be high class and I am not really sociable at the same time. However, unnie’s pleading eyes made me nodded my head automatically.

 

“YES! Thank you so much! I will pick you up in the early afternoon this Saturday! We can go pick a suitable dress for you to wear!” Unnie gave me a hug and said excitedly.

 

“No high heels, unnie!”  I warned her. Although I had not tried any high heels before, but I know that I am unable to bear the painfulness that those killer heels will bring to me.

 

“Amber, high heels make your legs look longer and slimmer! Furthermore, evening dresses will only look good with high heels!”

 

“I’m not used to it.” I said as I frowned.

 

“Then get use to it now! I will make you look gorgeous that night!” Unnie exclaimed as she daydreamed again. Unnie had always wanted to dress me like a girl.

 

Yes, dress me like a girl.

 

My hair was really short and I refused to wear skirt. People called me ‘tomboy’, but it’s my way of being comfortable with what I wear.

 

I shook my head and looked at unnie who was getting really excited of being my stylist on this coming Saturday.

 

~E-e-e electric Shock~

 

Unnie’s phone rang and she put her forefinger on her lips to hint me not to make any sound. I nodded my head and she answered the phone.

 

“Mum, what is it?” Unnie said.

 

“Me? Er… I’m at my friend’s house.” She lied.

 

I knew that unnie had to lie to my stepmother since she doesn’t like me a lot and do not want unnie to meet me so often.

 

“Boh? Stop telling me about my future husband! I am not going to go with the family’s plan!” Unnie shouted suddenly and hung up the phone. She lay back onto the sofa and frowned.

 

“What happened?” I asked. Unnie seldom gets so frustrated and angry.

 

“It’s about my future husband. I heard that the person would be Kris. CEO of some random company.” Unnie rolled her eyes and continued, “I hate to have an arranged marriage! They are often not blissful, furthermore, I bet this guy must be a player.”

 

“Maybe, he is a good guy. You will never know!” I said trying to tell her to think positively.

 

“Neh~ I just do not want to marry a guy that I don’t love!” Unnie rolled her eyes again.

 

“Alright! Enough, I got to go before my mum get somebody to bring me back home.” Unnie smiled and stood up.

 

“Okay! Thank you for your soup!" I smiled widely.

 

“No problem, and remember that we are meeting on Saturday afternoon at 12!” Unnie waved goodbye to me and walked off.

 

I shut the door and started to pity unnie. Seems like being born in the big and rich family was not a good thing. When you had reach an age that suits marriage, the family will definitely force you to accept an unwanted marriage.

 

How should I help unnie?