Chapter 12

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

(Amber’s POV)

“Thank you for sending me home.” I bowed to Tao and waved goodbye to him.

 

As I got out of the lift when it reaches Floor 5, I saw a few people standing right in front of my apartment.

Weird, other than unnie nobody would ever wait for her, furthermore, this time there were more than one person standing at that position.

 

I walked towards them and found that my stepmother was standing there.

 

“Mum…” I called out with a tiny voice.

 

“You are such a !” Before I knew it, my stepmother already landed a slap on my face. I could feel pain spreading gradually from my left cheek and then she gave me another slap on my cheek again.

 

“Mum… Don’t… don’t slap me… What happened?” The pain caused my tears to roll out and I reached out my hand to protect my already swollen cheeks. Why am I getting slap so suddenly?

 

“Don’t slap you?! How dare you tell me not to slap you!” Stepmother stared at me with her red eyes and started hitting me again.

 

“You are just like your mum who love to seduce other people’s husband. How dare you even work in your unnie’s fiancé company! Did you laid an idea on her future husband?!” 

 

What? Stepmother had found out that I worked in Kris's company? How?

But… I did not seduce Kris… He is unnie’s fiancé, how would I even think of seducing him? I am just nobody…

 

“No… I did not…I-“ I tried to explain but stepmother was too angry to even try to listen to my explanations.

 

“What are you wearing? This is Victoria’s dress! Why did you stole my daughter’s dress to wear?!” Stepmother came forward and grabbed onto the dress I was wearing.

 

“Don’t hit anymore, Mrs Song. Even though you vent your anger on Amber, Miss won’t come back. There is no use in wasting your energy in getting angry and hitting on Amber.” Two maids came and pulled stepmother away from me.

 

Huh? What did they just said?

Unnie won’t come back?

 

“What do you mean by unnie won’t come back? What happened?” I asked as I grabbed onto one of the maid’s arm.

 

“Young miss left the house and left this letter behind…” The maid took out an envelope and passed it to me.

 

I took out the letter and started reading.

 

Dad, Mum and Amber,

When you saw this letter, I had already left the country.

To be honest, I already had someone in mind and I wanted to find my own destiny. Mum…dad, the marriage that both of you had planned was not what I wanted. Getting married because of benefit will not be blissful.

 

Not long ago, dad had told me that the marriage would be pushed forward because our company was not doing well, at that moment, I did not knew what to do… I had no choice but to leave the house.

 

Mum and Dad, I’m so sorry…

 

Amber… I found that both Kris and you shared something that both of you might not had noticed. Therefore, I lied to you that spying on Kris will definitely helped in my future marriage with Kris… Actually, my true intention was to push you towards Kris…

 

You might hate me after reading this, but I wanted to tell you the truth before I leave…

 

Please forgive me for my selfishness and leaving without a word, as I want to search for my own destiny…

Sorry…

 

Victoria

* * *

I clenched onto the letter and re-read it continuously. I couldn’t believe that unnie wanted me to disguise as a guy and work for Kris was to push me to her future husband.

However, unnie must had guessed wrongly… How would Kris be falling in love with me? That was impossible…

 

“Since, this had happened… you will take the place of Victoria and get married with Kris.” Suddenly a deep and husky voice entered the silence and the person came from the dark corner.

 

I turned and looked at dad in horrid, “Dad… this is not going to work... How could I substitute unnie’s place?”

 

“If it’s not for you, Victoria will not run away from home!” Stepmother gave me an angry stare.

 

“No! I didn’t! Dad… this was not my idea… Unnie told me to-“

 

Another slap landed on my cheeks before I finished my sentence.

This slap not only caused me pain physically but also caused me pain mentally.

 

“Don’t put the blame on my daughter! It’s your fault and you will cover up for the mistake! You must be married to Kris!” Stepmother shouted.

 

I looked at dad and was waiting for him to say something, but I was painfully hurt by his words.

“If you dare to escape from the marriage, you will no longer my daughter.”

 

My tears started flowing out after hearing what dad had told me. Is he really my blood related father? Why is he so harsh and cold towards me?

 

* * *

(Kris POV)

Next day.

 

I walked into the office and surprisingly did not see Amber on her office table.

She is not here yet?

 

I took out my Smartphone and started spamming calls at Tao.

 

“! Who the hell disturb my sleep!” After countless of calls, Tao finally picked up and shouted through my ears.

 

“Did you safely sent Amber home yesterday.” I said coldly.

 

“Er… Ha.. Ha… Kris, Good morning! Of course I did sent Amber home safely. She is your darling, I will definitely risk my life and make sure she is all right… Why did you asked?” Tao said.

 

“She is not here yet.” I stared at the empty seat.

 

“Come on, Kris… She sprained her ankle and you expect her to reach the office earlier than you?” Tao yawned and said.

 

“Then why are you not here? Get to the office in 15mins.” His yawning annoyed me. How dare he was still able to yawn when he was already late for work.

 

“WHAT? Are you kidding me? How am I going to reach there in such little time!?” Tao shouted.

 

“I don’t care whether you are going to roll here or fly here! You better get your settled in the office before I cancel off your year-end holiday! Time starts now.” I smirked as I sat on my sofa.

 

“B-b-boh?! Hey! It’s just that Amber did not come early, why are you venting your annoying anger on me!!”

 

“13 mins left!” I smiled as I looked at the wall clock.

 

“!” The phone was hung up immediately.

 

I threw my phone to the side of the sofa and started my work. I had canceled my entire schedule today so to meet Mr Song later at 10am.

Suddenly, my phone rang and I picked it up.

 

“Mr Wu, may I meet you now?” Mr Song asked.

 

“Now? Didn’t we meet at 10am?” I asked with a frown.

 

“I had something on later… I’m already at your company’s entrance.” He said.

 

“Alright, I will go down and meet you.”

 

We ended the conversation and went to a nearby restaurant to talk.

 

“Mr Wu, what is it that you wanted to meet an appointment with me?” Mr Song asked as he drank a sip of coffee.

 

“I knew that your company is having troubles with some money issues.” I said as I looked into Mr. Song eyes trying to catch his every little action.

 

He was stunned at first but immediately hide his feelings.

 

“Mr Wu is willing to help us?” He asked.

 

“Of course, since I had a marriage with one of your daughter.” I smirked.

 

“One of my daughter?” He looked at me in shocked.

I understood his reaction, as he was shocked that I had found out that he had another daughter other than Victoria.

 

“I want to marry Amber.” I said straight to the point without hesitation.

 

After hearing what I had said, Mr Song looked at me in surprise.

Did I saw it wrongly? My guess was that he would be angry and shocked after hearing my words, but what I saw was happiness as if I said something he already had in plan.

 

“If you marry Amber, you will help our company?” He asked.

 

I smirked as I looked at him. I hated this kind of people. He is willing to sacrifice everyone for his own benefits. But, at least this is what I wanted.

I wanted to threaten him this way so to force him to agree, but I never know that it would be so easy.

 

“Yes.” I gave a cold and short answer.

 

“Deal!” Mr Song gave a wide smile and said.

 

(Tao’s POV)

As I rushed to the office, it’s already 9:30am. 15 minutes late.

Looks like my year end holiday gonna fly away from me. I shook my head and headed towards Kris’s office.

 

“Kris! Don’t take away my holidays!!” I shouted as I opened his office door.

 

I looked at his empty seat in shocked.

He is not in his room?

 

I looked around the office and saw no sign of him.

 

“Hey! Where is Kris!” I walked backwards and leaned against Amber’s table while staring at Kris empty seat.

 

After waiting for a few seconds, I heard silence and I turned and looked at the table and found it… empty too.

 

So, I had been talking to no one from the start of my day.

I rolled my eyes.

 

But, wait! It’s 9:30am already and Amber is not here?! Did the both of them go out together to evolve themselves to love birds?

 

'Might be…' I noded my head.

 

Since Kris is not here, then he won’t know that I was late for 15 minutes. So, that means I could escape from him! Hehe~~~

I started laughing to myself.

 

Suddenly, I felt vibration from my pocket and I took out my phone and answered.

 

“Tao…” A weak voice entered my ears.

 

“Amber… what happened to your voice? Did you have a cough?” I asked

 

“Tao… I want to resign…” She said.

 

“HUH?!!” My mouth widened up and shouted.

 

* * *

 

Annyeong! Welcome back to my story!!

Thank you for your supports all along! YAY! ^^

Starting on Monday, I would be doing night shift... T_T

Working as a window displayer/Visual Merchandiser is hard. You can only work after the shop had closed... 

Say Good luck to me people! :D