Chapter 9

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

(Kris’s POV)

“I can’t believe that Amber is a girl!!” Tao burst into my office and shouted out then slammed the documents on my table.

 

­I took the documents and browse through it.

 

“You knew about it?” Tao asked.

 

“I only found out yesterday.” I replied while reading the background of Amber.

 

“Ahh~ No wonder you wanted me to act ninja last night to check on Amber’s profile.” Tao nodded his head.

 

“Amber Josephine Liu…” I stared at the name.

So her true name is Amber instead of Josephine?

 

‘She is part of Song’s family?’ I frowned as I continued reading.

 

“Amber is that Josephine in the party and she is actually Victoria’s half sister.” Tao explained when he found me staring at the sentence.

 

Half sister huh? Amber is illegitimate daughter?

 

“Think about it, Kris. That Victoria is actually your fiancée!! Weren’t you engaged to the Song’s family only daughter? But when did they have another daughter?” Tao exclaimed as he looked at me with big eyes.

 

“This explains everything why Amber had to disguise as a guy to work here!” Tao paused for a while and then brightened up his eyes as if he had solved a problem.

 

“Mind explaining?” I said.

 

“Well, Amber had been staring at you with an observation eyes and she even got angry when some other ladies get closed to you and often wanting to stop those ladies from sticking to you… I bet she wants to help her sister to clear off those pests before letting her marry you!” Tao said.

 

Is that the reason? That’s why she understood me well because she had been trying her best to note down every single thing that I did and the habits that I had.

 

Thinking back when Victoria was so protective towards Amber, I guess their relationship between each other were really good and Amber does looks like those kind of person who will go all out for the someone that she cared a lot.

 

My heart felt enlightened immediately after I realized that she does not have any treacherous intent for getting close to me.

 

“Where is Amber? He is- Wait! Should be she. She is always early!” Tao looked out of the office and search for Amber’s figure.

 

“I gave her two day leave.”

 

“How did you find out her gender? Don’t tell me you felt her or you found out while she was taking her bath?!”  Tao looked at me in shocked.

 

I gave Tao a stare and rolled my eyes.

 

‘How did I ended up became friend with such person?’ I questioned myself.

 

“No? Then how did you found out? Amber looked totally like a guy in a tailor suit even though she is small in size.”

 

“Changmin told me. He found out first.” I replied.

 

“You get Changmin hyung to attend to her? Such small illness and you called our great Doctor Shim down. Hyung must be really angry! But, Kris… you had fallen for Amber wasn’t you?”

 

I did not reply but I knew it for myself that I had fallen for that girl who climbed up the barrier at first sight.

 

For the first time, I felt that marrying someone I like is important. I might had not cared about who I’m marrying to since it’s for benefits at first, but now… I do not want to force myself to except marriage without love.

 

“Don’t you dare reveal to Amber that I had found out her true gender.” I gave Tao the exact order that I gave Changmin.

 

“Alright… Anyway, it would be fun teasing Amber! HAHA!” Tao smiled to himself.

 

“Amber is not for you to tease.” I gave a warning.

 

“Tsk tsk. When did our Kris become so possessive towards someone?” Tao shook his head and continued, “But… what about that Victoria. Weren’t you engaged to her? Are you going to cancel your marriage agreement with Song’s family?”

 

“No.”

 

“NO? What do you mean?You are going to have an affair?!”

 

“My parents and Song family did not state anything about marrying which daughter isn’t it?” I smirked.

 

“You… I get it.” Tao smiled.

 

* * *

2 days after hospitalizing.

(Amber’s POV)

It was quiet yesterday, Kris did not ask about my gender and even reveal about finding out my identity. Looked like Dr. Shim really didn’t tell Kris about anything.

 

This made my heart feel much better as I do not need to worry about how I’m going to face Kris during the party later on.

 

I looked down at the dress that unnie had borrowed me and the exact same pair of high heels that I had wore during LuHan’s birthday party.

I had sworn that I would never wear this kind of thing again, yet I’m wearing it now.

But, for unnie and one month of delicious food, I will make this last sacrifice!

 

(Kris’s POV)

“Kris, we are going to cut the cake later. Are you coming with me?” Ms. Kim asked and her hand was pulling me.

 

“I’m going out to get some fresh air. Why not, Tao and you go ahead then?” I said politely trying to get rid of this “superglue”.

 

“Then… make it fast, okay?” I could see Ms. Kim looked a little disappointed but that’s none of my business.

 

I left the hall and walked towards the white staircase that was hidden at the side of balcony that lead me to a land of grass.

I loosen the tie I was wearing and the first button, which was in between the collar of my shirt and breathe in some fresh air.

 

This reminded me of the scene when I first met Amber. At that time, she wanted to escape from the party and hide at the dark corner of the balcony to relax herself. She was so unique compared to those ladies in the party.

Maybe, it’s because I really appreciates peacefulness and at that time I was attracted to her quiet, yet careless personality. It made her looked graceful even though she did not even wore her shoes and even attempted to climb the barrier.

 

Thinking of which, a smile crawled onto my face.

Now that she is by my side…

 

~Tok tok tok~

 

Suddenly, a white shoe was rolling down the stairs and the sound kept continuing until it landed on the grass patch.

 

I walked towards the white shoes and picked it up.

This… this shoe looks so familiar!

 

“C- could you please give it to me? That is mine!” A familiar voice entered my ear, when I looked up at the stair a lady figure in blue short dress was about to roll down the stairs.

 

“Hey! Careful!” I ran towards her and caught her before she landed her face on the green grass patch. Before I knew it, the two of us ended up lying on the grass ground.

 

“Ah! It hurts!” She sounded like an old lady now.

 

I gave out a small laughter and tried to pull the lady up from my chest. The smell of lavender from her hair entered my nose and it’s refreshing. This is the first time I had ever smelled something natural and not a perfume from a girl’s body.

 

“Are you hurt?” I asked as the both of us got up. She raised her head and her eyes met mine.

 

‘Amber? Why is she here?’ I looked at her in shocked but immediately hide my feelings.

 

(Amber’s POV)

“AH!” As I looked into Kris eyes, I immediately let out a scream and jumped away from him.

 

OMG! What did I do to lead me to such coincident! Not only, I lost my shoe and fell off the stairs, I even fell onto Kris. Now, I feel like transforming into ostrich.

This man is someone that I’m not supposed to get so close to, furthermore, what if he discovered that I’m actually that Amber who worked in his office?!

 

“Ms. Josephine, is my face that horrible?” Kris said as he raised one of his eyebrows.

 

“No… No.” I looked down on the ground and shook my head.

 

“Are you hurt?” He asked again.

 

“I don’t think so…” I let out a tiny voice.

You must be kidding me. Even though, I’m really hurt, I’m still going to say I’m all right!

 

(Kris’s POV)

Why do I always have to be involved with such accident when she appeared every time?

 

She still looked exactly the same as the first time we met. She is still not used to high heels…

 

‘Is that extensions?’ I looked at her mid length hair. It was slightly longer compared to the short hair she had when she was working as my secretary.

 

“Where is your brother?” I purposely asked.

 

“Er… Amber is sick, therefore I’m here to take over his place.” She immediately flashed the invitation card that was given to ‘Amber’ by Tao.

 

“Ahh… Really! Tell him to rest well.” I nodded my head ad smiled in my heart.

So, I should thanks that ‘Amber’ was sick and I’m able to see ‘Josephine once again in a dress.

 

“It’s about time that Ms. Kim is going to cut the cake. Let’s go in then.” I said as I handed her the white shoes and left for the hall.

 

(Amber’s POV)

I stared at the back of Kris and I made a sigh of relieve.

I took the shoe and was about to wear it, I felt stabbing pain came from my ankle and I led out a painful moan.

 

“Ah…” Did I just sprain my ankle?

 

Why am I so unlucky today?!

 

* * *

 

Hi people!!

I find that the more I write, the more I feel that Kris is getting more and more devilish! I'm actually in love with this side of him.

When the devil meets illama, what will happen? 

Who do you like in the series?

Tao, Victoria, Amber, Kris or Krisber?

To be honest, I like Tao! He is a fun kid and he is kind of a joker in the story! HAHA!