Chapter 10

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

Annyeong everyone!

This is my first update for this week. It is gonna be a short update.

Note: This week I'm gonna do two updates. 

You will be asking why am I so free today, because its a public holiday for S'pore.

Yesterday was Hari Raya, therefore, today is Holiday!

Although, it's quite late, but I wish all the muslims a HAPPY HARI RAYA! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Kris’s POV)

~Claps~

Everyone surrounding the extremely long table started clapping as soon as Ms. Kim cuts the beautifully decorated ice cream cake.

 

“Happy Birthday, Ms. Kim!”

 

“Thank you everyone for attending this party! Hope that you all will have an enjoyable night here!” Ms. Kim gave a killer sweet smile to everyone.

 

When the jazz music started, both Tao and I were standing at a corner of the big hall. Couples were dancing on the dance floor, while Ms. Kim was standing not far away attending to a few guys.

 

Not long, Ms. Kim decided to stop conversing with that group of guys and started walking towards us.

 

“Kris… Look at her eyes, it’s as if she found her prey. You better be careful!” Tao whispered into my ear and laughed.

 

“Nonsense.”

 

“It’s true! Everyone could see that she is interested with you. But… seriously, I can’t find anybody who is not interested with you.”

 

“I know what to do.” I said emotionless.

Other than Amber, I will not allow any other ladies to get interested in me.

 

“You have plans? You better make it fast! She is approaching us now.” Tao said.

 

(Amber’s POV)

Ah!

Damn these high heels! If it’s not for you, I wouldn’t have fell on Kris and worse, sprained my ankle!

 

I was supposed to stop that Ms. Kim from sticking to Kris, but now that my ankle was sprained, I could only sit at one side.

 

I walked into the hall and found a sofa not far away. When I was about to rest my on it, a hand grabbed hold of my arm and the next second an arm wrapped around my waist, then pulled me against the person’s chest.

 

“Don’t make noise. I need your help.” A familiar deep voice came into my ears and I immediately looked up at him.

 

‘Kris!’ I widened up my eyes and my mouth was hung opened.

Before I could react, Kris pulled me with him.

 

“AH!” I let out a painful moan and my tears were about to come out.

 

My ankle was so painful that my whole body was trembling and I could only grabbed onto Kris suit tightly to withstand myself.

 

“What happened?” Kris asked as his arm locked onto my waist tightly to prevent me from falling.

 

“I… my ankle was sprained…” I replied trying to hold back my tears while biting my bottom lips. I tried not to move a bit, as I’m afraid that if I move, I would faint because of the stabbing pain coming from the ankle.

 

“Did you hurt your ankle just now?” Kris asked.

 

My face turned red and nodded my head lightly.

Before I knew it, Kris had already carried my whole body with a ‘princess’ style.

 

“Ah! What are you doing?” I let out a small scream.

 

He ignored the people who were staring at us and walked out of the hall.

 

“Hey… Put me down…” I said softly trying to hide my red face.

 

“It’s not like you can walk a single step.” He replied and continued to walk down the stairs, which lead us to the fountain.

 

* * *

“For you. I’m not sure it will work, but at least you would feel better.” Kris handed me his handkerchief, which was soaked with cold water from the fountain.

 

“Thank you…” I took the handkerchief and placed it on my red and swollen ankle.

 

The cool feeling from the handkerchief was spreading across the ankle that made me feel a little numb. This really made me feel better. At least it does not hurt as much as before.

 

“Why did you wear something that you are not used to? Are you stupid?” Kris started scolding me as if he is my father, no I mean, someone he cared a lot…

 

“Ah.” I looked at him in shocked when he suddenly kneel downone leg and checked on my ankle then raised my swollen foot and placed it lightly on his knee.

 

“I think you have to go and see a doctor. Is it hurt this way?” He asked as his big palm held onto my foot and twisted the joint lightly in a direction.

 

I shook my head telling him it does not hurt. The warm feeling from his palm was spreading arounf my foot and my face immediately turned red. This was my first I had ever been so close to a guy... 

 

“Actually I can walk slowly by myself… No need to worr- AH!”

When I was a about to finish my sentence, the stabbing pain came again. My tears immediately rolled down automatically and because of the pain, my body was unknowingly falling backwards.

 

“Hey! Careful!”

 

(Kris’s POV)

I was shocked at her sudden reaction and  immediately reached out to her shoulder and waist.

 

The smell of the lavender from her hair entered my nose again. I could feel her tip of her nose touching mine and her big eyes, which were still red, were staring innocently into me.

At this moment I wanted to feel her red lips… I wanted to kiss this innocent llama…

Llama?! Right! She does looks like a llama now!

 

I smiled and pulled myself away from her to prevent myself from taking advantage of her. 

 

“I know it’s painful. There is no need for you to hide it from me.” I said trying to make my voice sound gentle and at the same time trying to calm myself.

 

Suddenly, her tears started flowing out and I stared at her in shocked.

 

“Is it really painful?” I frowned not knowing what to do to stop her tears.

 

“No…No…” She shook her head.

 

“Then?” I asked as I reached out to her cheeks and tried to wipe the tears.

It’s not the first time I ever seen anyone cried, but only her tears were able to make my heart wince.

 

“It’s… it’s because there are very little people who really cared for me…” She said softly.

 

‘Very little…’

Right, she does not have a mother and her only father can’t care for her and her stepmother hated her. The only person that really cared for her is her half sister, Victoria.

At this moment, I’m thankful that she had a good sister and Victoria is definitely a good lady to marry to… But, I’m still not going to accept this marriage partner, because this innocent yet daring lady took my heart…