Chapter 3

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

(Kris’s POV)

I was searching Josephine after she left the hall for a quite a long time. I knew that I am acting weird, but she really sparks an interest in me and I wanted to know more about her. I walked around the hall for couple of times, but failed to find her until I stepped into the balcony and saw her leaning against the wall at a dark corner with bare feet. The white heels decorated with crystals were lying on the ground. The moon was the only source of light that lit the place. She was staring at the night sky. The whole place was so peaceful and I watched her quietly until she started climbing the barrier.

 

“What are you doing?!” I shouted as I ran towards her and immediately wrapped my arm around her waist and brought her down.

 

“Don’t tell me that you are attempting to commit a suicide!” I continued after I had let down Josephine.

 

“Boh? Commit suicide?” She looked at me as if she had no idea of what I was talking about.

 

“You are not committing suicide?” I asked.

 

“Of course not! Why do I need to commit suicide?” She looked at me with her eyes staring into mine.

 

“Then… why are you attempting to climb up the barrier with bare feet? Furthermore, you are wearing a dress. If you are not committing suicide, then why did you risk your life?” I said as I looked at her face that was gradually turning red.

 

“You… Did you see anything censored?” She asked with her face facing the ground.

 

“Huh? What did you mean?” Why did she ask something that was totally out of point?

 

“I mean did you see anything that you are not supposed to see!” She finally lifted her head up.

 

‘Did she meant to say… whether I had seen her undergarment just now?’ After realizing what she meant, I looked at her and immediately burst out laughing.

 

“HAHAHAHA!!”

 

I could see that Josephine’s face turned redder as I started laughing non-stop.

 

“That was not funny!” She glared at me.

 

I immediately stopped my laughter and looked at her face. She really looks cute when she was angry.

 

“What would you do if I saw it?” I asked.

 

I don’t know why, but I just feel like teasing her.

 

“Mworago? So, you did?” She widened up her eyes and was wide opened.

 

“Haha! I’m just kidding!” Her reaction really looks cute. Out of so many girls that I had met including those 16 secretaries that I had fired, she was the only one who acted really carelessly in front of me.

 

“Really? That’s good!” She gave a sigh of relieve and relaxed into a smile.

 

A smile was widely spread across my face as I realized that Josephine was a girl that was different from the others. Now, I know why I was attracted to her…

 

(Amber’s POV)

This giant really looks good with a smile on him. When I first saw him in the hall, he was giving a cold face and was staring non-stop at me until I thought that he had found out my true identity. But, looks like he was unaware of my identity and even unnie’s identity as his fiancée.

 

“Hey, don’t you dare to flirt with A- Josephine!” Unnie’s voice suddenly broke the awkward silence. I turned and looked at unnie who had her arms folded in front of her chest.

 

“Unnie! He is just stopping me from climbing the barrier…” As I said, my voice became softer as I am guilty for doing such a stupid act in this kind of high-class event.

 

I ran towards unnie and held onto her hands.

 

“Boh? You climb with a dress? Did he see anything?!” Unnie exclaimed.

 

“No, no, no, no.” I shook my head immediately.

 

“That’s good! If not, I will sure dig out his eyes!” Unnie nodded her head and said while staring at Kris.

 

“Er… unnie… I’m a bit tired, let’s leave here.” I said as I tried to pull unnie out of the balcony before she do something that does not suit her character in front of her future husband.

 

“Hey! Your shoes!” As I was pulling unnie, Kris called out and handed me the pair of shoes, which I had left at one corner.

 

I looked down at my bare feet and I could feel hot blood gushing up to my cheeks.

 

‘Damn! I had totally forgotten that I took out those killer heels! Worse thing was I even wanted to walk out of the place with bare feet!’

 

“Thank you…” I said as I reach out for those shoes and immediately wore it, then pulled unnie out of the place with my eyes staring onto the ground.

 

(On the way home)

“Amber… What actually happened between Kris and you?” Unnie made me faced her and asked.

 

“Unnie! Please don’t misunderstand. There is nothing happened between the two of us.” I looked at unnie and tried to explain.

 

“Hey! Calm down! I’m just curious and even if there is something going on between the two of you, I won’t mind at all! After all, I hated this marriage!”

 

“Shh! If mother hear about this, you will be in trouble!” I covered unnie’s mouth and looked at the chauffeur who was driving.

 

“He won’t tell anything to my mum! So, can you now reveal what happened just now?” Unnie asked.

 

“Well, he thought that I wanted to commit suicide. Therefore, he came forward and stopped me.” I said as I recalled how Kris carried me down from the barrier.

 

“Really? I heard that he is quite cold with girls. But, what I had saw just now was, he was actually laughing carelessly with you.” Unnie looked at me in disbelief.

 

“Unnie… There was really nothing going on between the two of us! So, don’t think too much!” I shook my head and sank back to the seat.

 

“Suspicious much…” Unnie continued to stare at me.

 

(Kris’s POV)

“Kris! What are you looking at?” Tao came to my side and looked at the direction where I was looking.

 

“Ahh… The two girls left? Man… I wanted to get to know more about Victoria!” Tao said.

 

I ignored him and continued staring at Josephine who got onto the car until it disappeared from my sight.

 

“She is cute…” I said to myself.

 

She even forgot her shoes until I reminded her. That long hair girl was quite protective towards her too. Both of them were really interesting!

 

“Cute? Who? Victoria or Josephine?” Tao turned and asked.

 

“None of your business.” I replied then left the balcony with a smile.

 

“I bet you are referring to Josephine right?” Tao caught up with me and said.

 

* * *

 

(Amber’s POV)

 

Few days after the party…

 

“Unnie! You said you had found me a job?!” I held onto unnie’s hands and looked at her in shock. 

 

“Not really. I recommended you to the company’s HR manager and you got to go for their interview.” Unnie handed me a business card and a form for application.

 

I looked at the business card and my jaw dropped.

 

“Isn’t this your future husband’s company?!” I exclaimed.

 

“Come on! I had never accepted him as my future husband!” Unnie said.

 

I started reading the application and I had another shock out of my life.

 

“Unnie! They are looking for a male personal secretary!” I shouted as I looked at unnie with my eyes wide opened.

 

“Yup!” I’m having goose bumps because of unnie’s smile.

 

“Are you telling me to disguise as a guy and work for brother-in-law?” I guessed while hoping that unnie does not have this idea in mind.

 

“BINGO!”

 

“Serious?! Unnie! This idea is just too crazy! What if mother knows? I will be in trouble!” I shouted and tried my best to stopped unnie from having such crazy thoughts.

 

“Amber... Please!! Just take it as you go there to spy on your future brother-in-law.” Unnie started pleading me with her puppy eyes. My heart had started to shake, but I told myself to be firm this time round.

 

“Unnie! This is not going to work! Furthermore, there is nothing for me to spy on!”

 

“Amber…it’s about your unnie’s marriage! Help me spy on his true personalities! If he has good personalities, then I would not have to worry much about my future life with him! If he is a total player and has bad personalities, then my marriage will be saved by you!!” She squeezed my hand and pleaded me again.

 

I looked at unnie and hesitated. Wasn’t I the one who wanted to help unnie as much as I could? Now that I have a chance to help up, what am I hesitating for?

 

But… disguise as a guy is just too daring and dangerous to do so…

 

“Unnie… Kris had seen me before, remember?” I said.

 

“Don’t worry! That day you had made a tremendous change in your appearance with make up and some hair extensions! I bet he won’t be able to recognize you!” Unnie gave me a confident smile.

 

Right… Compared to that night, I looked totally like a guy now! Those who don’t know me thought that I was a male. So, why am I worrying so much?

 

“Amber... Whether my marriage will be blissful or not! It is all depended on you…” Unnie gave me that puppy look again.

 

I sighed and finally agreed, “Alright…”

 

“Thank you so much, Amber!! I LOVE YOU!” Unnie gave me a big hug and shouted into my ears.

 

* * *

 

Yeah! Time for Amber to disguise as a guy! HAHAHAHA!

Did you all know that Amber had a twitter? Time for fans of Amber to follow her!!

Please bare with my language mistakes if you had discovered any of them! I'm so sorry for that! (I'm sure there is alot...)

>_<