Chapter 14

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

(Amber’s POV)

“Now, get yourself inside the bathroom and take a good bath. You must be really tired…” Kris grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me up from the bed.

 

“It hurts!” I exclaimed as I felt pain from those bruises that were located on my upper arm under the sleeve of my wedding dress.

 

“Did I hurt you?” Kris frowned and immediately put down his hand.

 

“Er… No… nothing.” I placed my palm on my arm trying to hide the bruises even though I know that the sleeve had covered it.

 

“Nothing? Then what is this?” Before I knew it, Kris had already pulled my hands away and rolled up the sleeve.

Those blue blacks immediately showed up right in front of his eyes and his eyes were fuming in fire. His hands were clenched to fist.

 

“Who did this to you?” He asked as his eyes were still staring hard at those bruises.

 

“Nobody did this… I accidentally fell off the stairs…” I hid my eye contact away from him as I lied to him again. Those bruises were caused by my stepmother and I do not want him to pity me or something.

Kris looked at me for awhile then smiled gently, “Again? Why are you so clumsy? Do you fell off the stairs very often?”

 

“Er… not really… ha… ha…” I scratched my head.

 

“I should feel lucky that there is a lift in this house, so you would not need to risk your dear life while climbing the stairs.” He smiled as he reached out his hand to my head and messed up my short hair.

I looked at his gentle smile and at this moment, I felt my heart skipped a bit. Why is he so gentle?

No. He had always been gentle, but… he is gentler now than before…

This is dangerous… If I do not keep a distance away from him, I might lose my heart to him and I cannot afford to fall for him after all this marriage was something that both of us do not want and it actually belonged to unnie.

 

“Kris, actually you do not need to care so much for me. After all, we already agreed to live as an individual wasn’t it?” I bit my bottom lip and forced myself to make things clear and at the same time make my mind clear too.

 

After hearing what I had said, Kris’s face immediately turned black and remained silent.

 

‘Did I say something wrong?’ I thought as I looked at him carefully trying to figure out what he was thinking.

 

“Er-hem… So, should I report for work tomorrow?” I asked a random question trying to break the awkward silent in the room.

 

He looked into my eyes deeply until my face turned shyly red and then finally answered, “Yes, I will rearrange your working space tomorrow.”

 

“Orh…”

Rearrange my working space? Put me far away from him?

Wasn’t this something that I wanted? Why am I feeling disappointed all of a sudden now?

I shook my head and told myself not to think too much.

 

“Now, could you please wash up?” Kris asked.

 

“Er… okay…” I replied and then ran into the extremely huge bathroom.

 

I closed the door and then looked around the bathroom with my mouth wide opened.

This is at least the size of my one room apartment…

 

(Kris’s POV)

I looked at Amber who rushed into the bathroom and then shut the door closed. A smile climbed up my face again.

Before hand, I was angry at her because she insisted in keeping a distance from me, but I know that I could not force her to accept this marriage immediately. So, I decided to move her working space right inside my personal office room!

I nodded my head and then went to another bathroom that was located next door to have a good bath, as I know that Amber would definitely stay in the bathroom for really long time before deciding to come out.

 

(1 hour later)

Finally, the sound of the bathroom door could be heard.

‘She is finally coming out?’ I raised my eyebrow and stared at the door while in the bed.

Amber slowly peaked out her head and her eyes laid on me and then she immediately hide behind the door.

 

 “Why are you so scared of me?” I laughed at her cute actions.

After hearing what I said, she immediately opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom and then slowly walked towards the sofa that was located not far away from the balcony.

 

“Come here.” I said.

She stood there stiffly and then turned around with her head hung low.

 

“Actually… I can sleep on the sofa…” She said.

 

“Don’t worry… I won’t eat you yet. So, come and sleep on the bed.” I pointed at the empty space beside me.

 

“Er.. no need-“

 

“Come and sleep here.” I insisted.

She bit her bottom lip and her fingers were intercrossing each other. She stood there for awhile, then finally walked slowly towards the bed that I was lying on and lay on the end of the other side of the bed.

 

“Come closer.” I looked her who had her back facing me which made me frowned.

She shook her head.

I stared at her shaking head and then sighed. In the end, I decided to move closer to her and lay right beside her.

‘Today I shall let you off…’ I shook my head and then closed my eyes.

 

(Next day)

(Amber’s POV)

“EH?!” I shouted as I saw my working table was not at the usual space.

‘Did they already move it somewhere else?’ I tried searching my table around the big office.

 

“HEY! Amber! Never know you are actually a girl!!” Tao jumped right in front of me and shouted excitedly.

 

“Er… Hi, Tao… You look enthusiastic today…” I smiled at him and continued to look for my table.

 

“What are you searching for?” He blocked my sight with his extra close face.

 

“My table.”

 

“Your table? Arh… it’s inside Kris’s office room.” Tao said with his big smiley face.

 

“It’s inside Kris’s office? Why?” I asked.

 

“From today onwards you will be working inside my office.” Suddenly, Kris’s voice can be heard behind me.

I looked at Kris in shock.

He was not placing me far away from him but placing me right beside him?

I ran into Kris room and saw my table located face to face of Kris’s table. My mouth immediately hung open and I couldn’t believe what I had just seen.

How am I going to concentrate with my work this way? Kris’s existence was already a huge distraction for me. Furthermore, my table was placed face to face with his table. This means, if I raise my head up, I will meet an immediate eye contact with Kris!!

There is no way I’m going to keep a distance from Kris this way?

NO! WAIT! CALM DOWN, AMBER!

I can do it, if I keep my heart shut tight! I just have to ignore his existence, ignore his face, and ignore everything!

I clenched my hands into fist and decided. 

 

* * *

 

Hehe! Hi! (Seriously, I am out of greetings to start with my personal author words.)

Okay! I had finally ended night shift! YAY!  I can't believe that on Monday, I worked from morning 9am till next morning 6:30am! Seriously, I'm dying! I ended my night shift at 4am almost everyday!

I don't know whether if you guys know this brand, it's call IORA. (Maybe people from philippines will know. I know they have shops located at Cebu and Ayala Cebu)

Yupps, I did their window for Singapore branches! :D But, it was a fun experience! Really! 

Anyway, I'm out of topic! LOL! Hope you enjoy this update! :D