Chapter 5

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

(Kris’s POV)

I found myself staring at my secretary when he laughed. Even though, it might sounds wrong but I got to admit that the laughter and smile he had was really attractive and even… cute…

Maybe, it’s because I am looking at the exact same face of Josephine. After all, the two of them are twins. I think I got to meet Josephine as soon as I could before I get too obsessed with staring at him.

 

I looked out of the full-length window that stretched across the width of my office. I got this feeling that it will definitely rains and my predictions were always correct. Tao always said that I should be in the weather forecast team.

 

‘I wonder if Amber took an umbrella along with him…’

 

I don’t know why, but it seems like my new secretary is so much hardworking than my previous secretaries and he is a dude! My previous secretaries who are females did not even try to understand my habits. But… Amber, he not only did secretary work and even took care of my meals.

 

‘I shouldn’t be worrying about him… He is a guy and he shouldn’t be that weak.’ I shook my head so to shake of the thoughts and then returned to my work.

 

(Amber’s POV)

When I finally came back from buying Kris’s lunch I was soaking wet. I should have check the weather forecast before going out. Now that I am completely wet, how am I supposed to continue with my work!

I knocked onto Kris’s door and was surprised that he was not in.

 

‘Where did he go?’ I thought as I placed his lunch on the table and walk straight to the resting room where I usually make coffee.

 

I had a desire of taking off my wet suit but I stopped myself from doing that. The tailored suit was the only thing that would prevent my gender from exposing therefore, no matter what happens I am not supposed to take down my suit. I started brewing coffee for Kris, so that he could drink it while having his lunch.

I could feel the cold air from the air conditioner blowing right on me.

 

‘Did the company on the air-con as if it’s free of electricity charge?’

 

I immediately got myself a cup of warm water to warm myself up.

 

(Kris’s POV)

When I got back to my office, I saw my lunch was on my table but Amber was not at his table. I held on to a towel and went to the restroom to find him.

 

‘He should be making coffee for me now…’ I guessed.

 

“A-choo~” I walked towards the restroom and heard someone sneezing.

 

I entered the room and without surprise, Amber's back was facing me and was making a coffee for me. But, what I noticed was he was soaking wet!

 

“You’re going to catch a cold if you don’t get yourself change!” I walked towards him and placed the towel over his head.

 

He turned around and looked at me in shocked. The next second, he started coughing non-stop. His face and eyes immediately turned red.

 

‘Did he just have himself choked?’ I looked at the cup of water he was holding on.

 

I immediately patted his back to make him feel better. Why is he so easily being scared?

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“I’m okay…” He nodded his head lightly.

 

As I patted his back, I realized that he was actually very thin and his shoulder was considered very small for a guy. I remembered that I am not even this thin when I was in my puberty stage.

 

“Amber, have you been eating?”

 

(Amber’s POV)

“Yes… Of course…” I answered cautiously. Why is he asking me this?

 

“You look… frail!”

 

“Frail?”

 

“Ya!” He placed one of his palms on my chest suddenly and not forgets to pat it for a few times and continued, “Look at yourself, you are as thin as a paper. I wonder how are you going to survive during typhoon or even storm. You will most likely to be blown away.”

 

“Ah!” H-h-he touched my chest! I immediately stepped backwards so to separate Kris and myself in a safe distance and stared at him with my eyes widely opened.

 

I knew that I had worn a bandeau to “flatten” my chest but I had never thought that Kris would do such actions!

 

“Why did you shout? We are guys aren’t we? Is there a need for you to jump backwards?” Kris said.

 

“Erm… er… Of course I am a guy! I am just not used to somebody hitting my chest…” I tried to make up a random reason for my weird actions.

 

“Never mind… it’s not like you had acted like this for the first time.” He shook his head and went over to the table and took the freshly brewed coffee.

 

“Oh right, next time when you get my lunch please remember not to add carrots and onions.” He took a sip of the coffee and said.

 

“Ha. Picky!” I pouted my lips and complained softly.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Huh? No, nothing!” I shook my head and gave him a fake smile.

 

I quickly escaped from the restroom and got back to my table.

 

I had never known that he doesn’t like carrots and onions. Why didn’t I observe that! He does have some similarities with me since I don’t like them too. When I settled down on the chair, then I came to realize that the white towel was still hanging on top of my head.

 

‘! Did I just came out of the restroom with the towel on my head!’ I face palmed and took down the white towel.

 

But, it’s really kind of Kris to get me a towel. I took the towel and went to the men’s toilet so to dry myself up. It’s lucky that the men’s toilet has cubicle with doors and I am able to dry myself inside the cubicle.

 

‘Hopefully, I won’t catch a cold after this!’ I sincerely prayed the god.

* * *

Before leaving the company, Unnie had called saying that she would be coming over, so I better hurry up. I immediately rushed home and get myself wash up in a hot bath.

 

~Ding Dong~

“Unnie!” I shouted as I opened up the door.

 

“Hey! I bet you have not eaten your dinner! Here is some spaghetti!” Unnie handed me the usual Tupperware she always used.

 

“Thank you! I was really hungry!” I took the Tupperware and led unnie in to the apartment.

 

“How was your work going? Did that Kris bullied you?” After unnie had settled down at the dining table, this was her first question.

 

“Quite good and Kris did not bully me, so unnie you can relax a bit.” I gave a smile.

 

I can’t tell unnie that Kris touches my chest accidentally. If she knew about it, I bet she is going to stomp into his office and have his hands chop down.

 

“That’s good! So, what have you observed?” She looked at me with a smile.

 

“Unnie, I found that Kris is definitely not a player! I had never seen any lady beside him and he is always hardworking. If he is not a gay, then he would definitely be a workaholic.” I said as I tried to remember if any woman came to find him but the result was none.

 

“There is a lady!” Unnie said.

 

“There is? Who?” I frowned as I tried to think hard.

 

“YOU!” Unnie pointed her index finger at me.

 

“Me?! No! Unnie, don’t misunderstand!!” I immediately shook my head and my hands.

 

“PUAHAHAHA! Amber, you are too over reacting. I’m just joking, but it’s true that you are the only lady beside him.” Unnie laughed carelessly.

 

“Unnie, that is not funny. You almost gave me a heart attack.” I looked at unnie and finally relaxed down.

 

“Alright! I shall stop teasing you. Other than that, any other observations?” She asked.

 

“Well, he doesn’t like sweet stuff and he hated carrots and onions.” I said as I continued eating.

 

“Hated carrots and onions? Arh~~ I see some similarities here…” Unnie stared wildly at me.

 

“UNNIE!!” I shouted as I felt my cheeks turned red instantly. Why am I getting shy? It’s just a coincident!

 

“Alright, alright! So what do you think about him?”

“Me? Why are you asking me? I am supposed to ask you this question instead!”

 

“Just asking for opinions.” Unnie looked at me like she was really interested with my opinions.

 

“Well, he is quite cold towards everybody but weirdly, I don’t feel any coldness from him when he talks to me… He is caring…” When I was saying the last sentence, the scene of him dropping a towel over my head pops out into my mind.

 

When I realized that unnie had once again staring at me with her teasingly smile. I immediately drew back my attention and cleared my throat.

 

“Ya. Overall, his personalities were good!” I gave my final judgment.

 

“Erm… I see… Okay, I think I shall leave here now! Please do continue with your spying job!” Unnie stood up and gave me a hug before walking out of my apartment.

 

* * *

 

Hi 64 subbies!

Here is another update before I go for internship! A longer one!

Don't worry, I will still update during my 3 mths of intern, but you guys have to be patient with me! :D

Thank you once again for your support!