Chapter 18

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

(Kris’s POV)

The night had fallen and the product launch had started. The hotel was filled with reporters and VIPs that the company had invited.

 

“Kris, looks like the event is really successful!” Tao squeezed through the crowd and waved happily at me.

 

“Of course.” I replied shortly while my eyes were staring at Amber who was busily walking around the hall attending to different reporters and customers.

 

“Kris… you are weird today…” Tao placed his palm on my fore head and continued, “You are not having fever either…”

 

“Take off your hand.” I glared at Tao and said.

 

“Every time at this moment, you would definitely be walking around the place checking with the staffs, but today… you were actually hiding at one side…” Tao said as he looked at me from head to toe.

 

“Don’t be crazy and do your work.” I get rid of his irritating hand and gave him a random excuse, “I’m thinking of few opening speeches on how I’m going to introduce our new series of products.”

 

Although I had finally made Tao got out of my sight, but I’m feeling really nervous.

I put my hand into the pocket of my long tailored pants and held onto the square box. This is the surprise I’m going to give to Amber…

I looked at Amber’s figure not far away and started thinking how I’m going to present this special gift to her.

Although, we had married for more than one month, but I know that Amber does not want this marriage in the very first place. Now that the two of us had confirmed our feelings towards each other, I wanted to give her a surprise.

Later when I ended the product launch, I’m going to present this gift to her and I wonder what her reaction is…

Thinking of which, a smile spread across my face.

***

(Amber’s POV)

Looking at how successful the whole even was, I gave out a sigh of relieve and went to one corner to rest for a while. I was yawning non-stop as I was checking around the place. I’m tired and it was all because of Kris who was very active at night.

Thinking of which, I felt blood gushing up to my cheeks. Ever since the both of us expressed our feelings to one another, Kris had never let me off once.

My days with Kris were so blissful that I couldn’t believe that it’s true. I really hope that this marriage and love would not be destroyed and will forever be beautiful.

As I was in my deep thoughts, I heard claps spreading across the hall, the lightings were dimed and all the spotlights were shining onto the pure white stage.

Models holding onto the new products were walking out one by one as the soothing, slow music was played. As long as the models had lied up in one horizontal line in front of the crowd, Kris had also come out of the backstage once the MC introduces him.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen! Please welcome Kris Wu, our CEO!” As long as the MC finished his sentence, everyone started clapping.

 

“Welcome to this year’s product launch and I’m Kris Wu…”

 

As Kris started his speech for the product launch, I saw a familiar figure walking pass the hall.

I blinked my eyes and stared at the figure that had already disappeared in the crowd. The familiar figure made me feel uneasy all of the sudden. If I’m not wrong, that figure looks like step mother.

Although, it’s just for a second, but I saw step mother’s angry face from that crowd.

I looked around the placed searching for the familiar figure. I really do not want anything to happen in such an important event. If, stepmother did came for this event and I wished that she would come looking for me and not disturb Kris.

 

“This event had been so successful was all thanks to my secretary who is at the same time, my wife, Amber.”

 

Out of the sudden, Kris placed the topic on me and the spotlight was shining right towards my direction. Kris who was standing on the stage looked into my eyes and the words that came out of his mouth were so gentle.

 

“Not only, she helped me a lot in my work, she is caring and cute. This are some of the reasons why I fell for her…” Kris said as he look in to my eyes to hint me to get onto the stage.

 

My cheeks were turning red and I slowly walked up to the stage and grab hold of his hand that was reaching out to me. I loved to stay behind the scene and help out Kris, therefore, I’m really not used to such appraiser in an open event.

Kris smiled and then took out a small box from his pocket and opened up the box, revealing a silver necklace with a diamond attached to the flower pendant.

 

“This gift is to give to my wife who helped me along…” He said as he took the necklace out from the box and held up right infront of me.

 

Due to the strong spotlight, the diamond was shining. Reporters were snapping photos and the audiences were gasping.

 

“Kris, you…” I looked up at him in shocked. I had never known that Kris would express his feelings right in front of so many people.  Furthermore, this gift was really expensive.

 

“Amber… this is for you…” Kris smiled and then leaned towards me wanting to help me to put on the necklace.

 

“Don’t get cheated by this bad woman!!!” Suddenly, a loud voice boomed from the crowd and the next second, a hand pushed me away from Kris causing me to lose balance and fell onto the ground.

 

“Amber!” Kris ran towards me and pulled me from the ground and checked whether I’m hurt.

 

“You, horrible woman!” I looked up at the person who pushed me and saw stepmother’s angry face and her forefinger was pointing right towards me.

 

“Security! What are you doing! Get this woman out of my sight!” Kris shouted.

 

“No! Don’t… She is my mother…” I said.

 

“Who is you mother! You stole my daughter’s marriage and seduce him.” Stepmother shouted and then came towards me wanting to give me a slap but Kris stood right in front of me stopping her from doing so.

 

“You have such mother? Whose mother would harm her own daughter?” Kris smirked and then shouted for security again.

 

“Stop! Mrs Song is indeed Amber’s mother, but stepmother of course.” Ms Kim appeared from the crowd and explained.

 

“Mr Wu. Don’t get cheated by her! She purposely disguised as a guy to work in your office and even forced her step sister, Victoria who was supposed to be your wife to disappear from the house!” Ms Kim walked towards stepmother and accused me.

 

“I didn’t…” I shook my head. I didn’t seduce Kris but unnie left the home was partly my fault too…

 

Looks like, the blissful marriage I’m hoping for had finally come to an end…Kris must had felt cheated by meas I didn’t tell him that he was supposed to be married to unnie and not me. I’m not Song’s family only daughter…Unnie is the one…

Although, Kris’s hand is still wrapping around my waist, but I had this feeling that this warm arm is going to leave me. Kris will be thinking that I am the one that causes unnie to leave the house so that I could marry him… He would no longer treat me like what he did during the past two weeks…

I know that I won’t be able to stand it, so I should leave…

 

 “Stop all this nonsense! Both of you get out of here, if not I would definitely hand you to the police.” Kris said angrily.

 

“We are speaking the truth!” Ms Kim shouted.

 

While Kris and Ms Kim were still talking, I pushed away Kris and ran down the stage and out of the hotel.

Kris was shouting my name but I pretended not to hear. I have to run away from him and not appear right in front of him again.

I’m fake… I’m just a substitute of unnie… Now that everything had come out of the surface, I will not stay here anymore… I can’t imagine how Kris is going to face the reporters… what will the reporters write for tomorrows newspaper?

I had destroyed such an important event…

As I ran along the streets, tears were falling down continuously. I can’t face Kris anymore… I couldn’t imagine how he would look at me. The eyes will fill with anger and even divorce with me? I shook my head and insisted not to think further.

Suddenly, droplets of rain kept falling down causing the dry ground to become wet. My beautiful dress was drenched as the rain became heavy. I kept on running and wiping my tears but I don’t even know whether I’m wiping my tears or the rain that was dripping down my face.

The only thought in my head was to get out of this place and not appear in front of Kris ever again.

 

(Kris’s POV)

“AMBER!” I shouted as I felt that Amber who was standing beside me had gone, I wanted to ran after her but Ms Kim grabbed onto my arm and stopped me from doing so.

 

“Kris… she ran away because she is feeling guilty! Furthermore, you can’t just run away like that!”

 

“Put your hand away from mine! She is not guilty and I already knew that she is Mr Song’s another daughter! In the very first place, I already told Mr Song that I want to marry Amber and not Victoria and he had agreed! Therefore, stop making up stories!” I said coldly and got rid of her hand so that I could chase after Amber who had already disappeared from the hotel.

 

“Tao, take care of the event.” I said and ran out of the hotel.

 

I ran to my car and started driving like a ‘headless fly’ searching for Amber’s figure. The rain was pouring heavily and I was feeling very worried.

Did she go home already? Is she sitting at the bus stop?

I U-turned and decided to head home, wishing that she would be sitting on the sofa…

When I reached home, I immediately opened the door but the whole entire house was so dark. My heart was unable to calm down, I’m afraid that Amber would be involve in an accident…

I ran out of the house again and started driving around the town, I started calling Amber’s phone but it was on switched off mode.

 

’Where are you, Amber? Are you going to hide from me again?’

 

‘Please don’t hide from me…’

I know that I won’t be able to find her easily if she insisted on not appearing by herself…

***

 

(Victoria’s POV)

Thailand- Next morning

“MUM! What did you do to Amber!!!” I shouted across the phone.

 

“Victoria! Finally, you called!! Where are you?! Don’t you know that I’m so worried for you?” Mum shouted happily but the main thing now was to ask what she did to my precious Amber.

 

“Mum! I told you that I do not want to marry Kris therefore I decided to run away from house. How could you accuse Amber for stealing my marriage!!” I frowned as I stared at the English newspaper report that reported on Kris’s product launch event.

 

“I didn’t accuse her and she did steal your husband! Now that she’s gone, you better come back and prepare to marry Kris!”

 

“I will go back! But, I’m not going to marry Kris, because I had found my true love!!” I shouted and hung up the phone.

 

“What’s going on, Victoria?” Nickhun came settled down beside me and pulled me towards him.

 

‘My little sister had gone missing…” I said and leaned against him.

 

“Don’t worry, your fiancée will be able to find her…” Nickhun smiled.

 

“Aish… Nickhun… Kris is not my fiancé but you are!” I smiled.

 

“But, your mother doesn’t seem to give up on the idea of having you married to Kris.’ Nickhun pouted his lips up and said.

 

I smiled as I looked at his cute face and landed a kiss on his lips.

 

“I will have to go back to Korea for a few days to find Amber…” I said.

 

“I will go with you.”

 

“But, you can’t just leave the country like that! You are the prince of Thailand!” I frowned.

 

“Never mind! My father wouldn’t mind, after all he already treated you as my future wife.”

 

“Alright then! But, you have to use your force to help me find Amber!!”

 

“No problem! Your sister is also my sister!”

 

* * *

 

Hi peeps!

Sorry for not updating yesterday as I was sick!

Anyway, 'Boss, I am your "male" secretary' is going to end soon!

I was thinking of writing a new Krisber fanfic! Still in a process of ideation! :D

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

PS. I dont mind you cursing Amber's stepmother and Ms Kim!