Chapter 19

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

(Amber’s POV)

My eyes were opened up wide and saw a complete unfamiliar ceiling. I looked around the place and saw that I was in a modern decorated room and was lying on a big bed that was covered with black coloured bed sheet.

 

‘Where am I?’ This room looks like a man’s room.

 

Wait? A man’s room?

 

I immediately sat up and looked down at my body.

‘Good, I’m still in clothes… but where is my dress?!’

 

‘How did I ended up here?’ I tried to recall what had happened yesterday.

 

I had been walking in the rain for don't know how long, my legs were numb and I felt like I’m going to faint therefore, I sat at a staircase that was located at a dark corner with minimum lights and I could not remember after that…

 

As I was about to get out of the comfortable bed, the door was opened and a man was standing right at the door. I looked up at the man who was wearing a black shirt and jeans with his hair not neatly combed but still did not lessen his charm at all.

 

“You are awake?” He asked as he walked into the room.

 

He must be the person who brought me here. He had saved me?

 

“You were unconscious and was sitting at the staircase, therefore I decided to bring you home.” He answered my question even though I did not even ask.

 

“Thank you so much and sorry for disturbing you for a night.” I gave him a light smile.

 

“That’s not a trouble at all…”

 

“Did you…” I looked at the unfamiliar clothes I was wearing. I wanted to ask him who changed my clothes but I’m not sure how to ask.

 

“The nurses helped you with the clothing.” He immediately clarifies.

 

After hearing what he said, I immediately gave out a sigh of relieve.

 

“Really thank you for saving me. I don’t know how I’m going to repay you, but next time if you need any help, I will definitely try my best…” I said as I get out of the bed.

 

Now, where should I go? I can’t appear in front of Kris again.

 

Was he worrying for me since I did not return home at all…

 

Maybe not, he must be too angry to even be worrying for me…

 

“If you don’t have anywhere to go, you could stay here.” As I was thinking of places I could go, the man said.

 

‘Stay here?’ I looked at him in shock.

 

“How did you know that I don’t have any place to go?”

 

“If you have places to go, why would you be wondering around the streets alone especially it was in the midnight and was raining so heavily.” He said calmly.

 

I nodded my head in agreement with what he said.

We only met for less than 30mins and he is asking me to stay in this house? What was he thinking?

 

“Why do you want me to stay? I’m nobody to you!” I asked.

 

He paused for a while and said, “If you insisted on leaving, I’m not stopping you.”

 

I frowned as I looked at him…

If I leave this house, I would have no place to go and I still have to avoid Kris.

 

I looked at the handsome man for a moment and finally nodded my head, “Alright, I will take your offer, but as a return, I will do all the house chores for you.”

 

“If this makes you feel comfortable, I’m good with it. Well, now tell me what is your name, Miss.”

 

“Amber, you?” I replied.

 

“Call me, Kai.”

 

“Kai? Are you Japanese?” I looked him, but he doesn’t look Japanese at all.

 

“No, it’s just the name.” He smiled.

 

(Kai’s POV)

I don’t know why I wanted to bring this girl back home. I could have just left her alone when I saw her sitting at the staircase, but I didn’t.

 

Maybe, she reminded me of my long lost younger sister. When I saw her sitting at one corner looking homeless, it reminded me that maybe my lost sister could have experienced this and maybe she was lucky enough to meet someone who is kind that would bring her home…

 

Maybe by doing this, it would make me feel much better therefore I decided to stop the car and brought her home.

I got off the car with an umbrella and walked towards the dark corner. She was already soaking wet, her dress was disastrous and her legs were wounded with cuts.

 

“Miss…” I tapped on her shoulder waiting for her to wake up.

 

She gave a painful moan but then continued to sleep.

 

“Miss, are you alright?” I tapped on her shoulders again but then I felt her burning hot skin in contact with my palm.

 

‘She is having fever!’ Without thinking much, I immediately pulled her up and carried her to the car and drove straight to the hospital.

 

She was already unconscious and was continuously in pain.

 

“Just endure for a moment, alright.” I said as I pulled my jacket off and laid it on her when I stopped my car in front of the red light.

 

The doctor said that she had caught a cold and told me that she can be discharged after finishing the drip bag; therefore, I decided to bring her home.

 

I settled down beside her after placing her on my bed and looked at her pale face.

 

‘Why is she alone?’

 

‘Is she lost?’ (No, cannot be…)

 

‘Did something bad happen to her?’

 

Questions were popping up but I guess I had to ask her after she woke up…

 

* * *

 

(Kris’s POV)

“Kris! Did you managed to find Amber?!” I was sitting on the sofa waiting for news on Amber and suddenly the door was wide opened with a woman’s scream entering my ears.

 

I looked up at the woman who dashed into my house and I immediately recognized who was she.

 

“Why are you here, Victoria?” I stared at her coldly.

If it’s not for her who left the house so suddenly, her mother wouldn’t have blame Amber for seducing me.

“Of course, I’m here! I’m here to help you find Amber!”

 

“I thought you had totally forgotten about her. It’s a good thing you are here, can you please tell your mother that you are actually unwilling to marry me and tell her to stop dreaming about having you married to me.” I smirked.

 

“I’m sorry that I didn’t clarify in the first place, but now I will definitely clarifies properly.” Victoria looked down on the floor.

 

Maybe, I shouldn’t vent my anger on Victoria as I was partly at fault too, I should had told Amber that I already knew everything and I wanted to marry her right in the first place…

 

Suddenly, my phone rang and I immediately picked up the phone and shouted, “Amber!”

 

“I’m Tao.” The manly voice from Tao made me feel disappointed yet again.

 

“Did you found her?”

 

“Well, there is an unknown man who gave me an information that there is a record in this XXX hospital saying that Amber was sent into the hospital at around 2:30 in the midnight.”

 

“She was in the hospital?!” I shouted across the phone as I felt my heart stopped as soon as I heard that Amber was sent to hospital.

 

“I’m not sure whether she was discharged or not as the hospital insisted in not providing the information for me.”

 

“Alright!” I hung up the phone and ran out of the house.

 

“Amber is in the hospital?! I want to follow!” Victoria got onto the car without my permission, but I didn't have anytime to stop her from following and immediately drove straight to the hospital.

 

(Hospital)

“Nickhun?!” As both Victoria and I walked towards the hospital counter, Victoria, ran towards the man who had tanned skin and was standing right there waving at us.

 

“Who is he?” I asked.

 

“This is Nickhun and he is here to help us!” Victoria said as he grabbed hold of the man’s arm and leaned onto him.

 

“Thank you.” I said and then went to the nurse who is working at the counter.

 

“Is Amber Josephine Liu in this hospital?” I asked the nurse who was staring wide into me and totally day dreamed.

I had always gotten used to this kind of staring but it really annoyed me since I did not hear her answer.

 

“Miss, I want to know is Amber Josephine Liu in this hospital?” I asked again giving her a cold stare.

 

“Sorry, sir. We are unable to provide you with the information.” She answered shyly.

 

“I’m her husband and I had the right to know.”

 

“H-husband? Do you have any identification?”

 

I took out my identification card and showed her the marriage status which had both Amber’s name and my name on it.

 

“Er… Sorry sir, I will check for you now.” The young nurse immediately buried her head downwards to search for the record.

 

“Well, there is a female patient named after Amber Josephine Liu, but she was discharged at around 3:30am.” The nurse announced.

 

“Discharged? Do you know who send her to the hospital?” I frowned.

 

“Here stated a name, Kai. This person had probably asked for the discharge.” She replied as she showed us the document.

 

‘Kai?’ Who is this person? The name sounded like a man’s name. Where did he bring Amber?

 

My heart was feeling uneasy, as the person named Kai might be a man. What is the relationship between the two of them?

 

“Is there any contact provided?”

 

“No. Mainly because, Miss Liu was only having fever, therefore, its not a must to leave any contact.” She shook her head.

 

“!” I cursed.

I was hoping that Amber would still be in the hospital but, in fact I had missed her.

 

“Don’t worry, I will try to help you.” The man name Nickhun came over and patted on my shoulder.

 

“Thank you, but please settle the problem with her mother first.” I pointed at Victoria and left the hospital continuing searching for Amber.

 

'Kai... Who the hell is this person? If I find him, will I be able to find Amber?'

 

I took out my phone and contacted Tao, "Tao, check on this person name, Kai!" 

 

"Boh? Any other info about him?" Tao asked.

 

"I only know his name is Kai." I replied.

 

"Are you kidding me? How am I suppose to find this person when his name is only K.A.I! There are so many KAIs in the world! Furthermore, I don't think that is his real name!" Tao started complaining.

 

"Even though, there is less than 1% chance of finding him, I will not give up. Go get the list of names that has KAI in it." I hung up the phone and went straight to the office.

 

* * *

 

Hi!

Well, I intended to actually end this story within this chapter at first, but some of you requested in having a rival. (Okay, not really a rival, but a man who will make our Kris gets jealous.) Therefore, I had decided to extend this story to one to two chaps.

Special guest, thanks to KAI. 

Hope you like it!

Anyway, I had opened a graphic store

URL link is here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/284377

Feel free to request! :D